View Poll Results: Who do you consider to be the one, true He-Man?

Voters
143. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mini-Comic He-Man! (Alcala)

43 30.07%
  • Filmation He-Man!

72 50.35%
  • Promotional Images He-Man! (Norem, etc.)

14 9.79%
  • Dolph Lundgren He-Man!

2 1.40%
  • Other

12 8.39%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who do you consider to be the one, true He-Man?

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!

Who do you consider to be the one, true He-Man?

There is a bit of a friendly debate going on over at the forums about who is the "real" He-Man, the one, true version of the character we all love. For many people, the Filmation version is the most iconic and therefore the "true" He-Man. For others, the Mini-Comics and original package artwork was where they first encountered He-Man, so this version is the "true" He-Man. Yet there are those fans whose first exposure to He-Man came from the 1987 motion picture Masters of the Universe, so naturally Dolph's portrayal of He-Man is the one they consider the "true" He-Man...

So my question to you is this: Who do you consider to be the "real deal," the one, true He-Man?

Feel free to elaborate if you want, or if none of the choices work for you, tell us what does!

I've left the most current iterations of He-man off of this list (NA, 200X, DC Comics 2014) because the majority of us posting here were exposed to the character much earlier in our lives...

---
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

The truth is that He-Man's real story is a grisly one. He is a man with an axe who does battle with horrific cannibalistic monsters. The mini-comic comes closest to the truth. King Randor forced his son to dye and cut his hair, and work out, to look more like He-Man. They tell the Eternian children and peasants the story which features in the Filmation cartoons, and pray that they will never again need He-Man's help against the real monsters in the night....
    Top want list: Evil Seed, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200x Beast-Man, Teela 2.0, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

Co-moderator at the Mike Mignola Appreciation Station on Facebook.

Heroic Warrior Zodak's new shoes's Avatar
    My favorite version is the never published Witman version, it had more deph than any version I have yet to see. Wish they would have worked it onto Classics as another He-Man. Maybe from a future Eternia?
    Satma needs to happen. I will mow your lawn for life, Scott.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    The truth is that He-Man's real story is a grisly one. He is a man with an axe who does battle with horrific cannibalistic monsters. The mini-comic comes closest to the truth. King Randor forced his son to dye and cut his hair, and work out, to look more like He-Man. They tell the Eternian children and peasants the story which features in the Filmation cartoons, and pray that they will never again need He-Man's help against the real monsters in the night....

Ha! Yes! This is what I was reading about in one of the forum threads!

Maybe this is how they will incorporate Oo-Larr's bio into the MOTUC canon...
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Ha! Yes! This is what I was reading about in one of the forum threads!

Maybe this is how they will incorporate Oo-Larr's bio into the MOTUC canon...
    Yes, its what I wrote in one of the forum threads!

Just came up with it tonight and I'm 100% convinced its the truth now!
    Top want list: Evil Seed, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200x Beast-Man, Teela 2.0, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

Heroic Warrior
    Alcala He-Man is the Rean He-Man. A simple tribesman, not a prince, not fancy royalty. The other one is Randor's propaganda.

The vintage toy of course, only followed by the filmation version

Filmation He-Man all the way!!!!!!!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    Filmation without a doubt.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Unfortunately Filmation, because this is the image that sticks out in most of our minds.
    For me I was a little young to know about motu until the cartoon. thats when I started collecting.
    Surprisingly I managed to collect all the figures that came out, especially the first few waves.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Definitely FILMation, followed closely by the vintage figure/box art!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

I was compelled to vote "Other" because I believe in personal canons and I don't completely dismiss the Adam and Adora story. I like to try to take it all in ala the Classics Bio Narrative. That's what I love about the Oo-Lar figure. If you run with the Bio Narrative Oo-Lar (or whatever you want to call him) is still given the title "He-Man," and there is a lot of room chronologically to play out many, many stories in that period.

In fact, it wouldn't be a stretch to imagine that that He-Man became such a legend that when Adam transformed he somewhat subconsciously took his form and appearance. Adam would have been a little kid during that He-Man's heyday, right?

Mini Comic He-Man is the has always been the true He-Man for me.

When I was young, I always though Filmation ruined Masters of the Universe. Now that I am older, I enjoy the Filmation stories but The MINI Comic He-Man will always be my He-Man.

So excited that Oo-Lar is coming!!!
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Crita, MYP Evilseed, Lodar, Hunga the Harpy & Sharella

Heroic Warrior
    Isn't Dolph Lundgren He-Man basicaly the movie adaptation of mini comic He-Man, since this imposter Adam never got mentioned in the movie?

For me, anything with that classic Earl Norem art is my go to default for He-Man.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

I voted "Other."

My "true He-Man" is a combo of the various versions of the character.

The one the only.....images-2.jpeg.......er....Filmation. images-3.jpeg

For me? The one in my head.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Nicholas Cage.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

Quote Originally Posted by goluphi View Post
    Nicholas Cage.
    Wait. What now?

Heroic Warrior
    The vintage toy and, to a slightly lesser extent, the mini-comics He-Man. I was never a fan of the Filmation cartoon, so that's not my He-Man. MOTUC's treatment of Filmation is, for me, the best thing to happen to those characters in terms of redoing them in a more detailed, comic-like look.

Heroic Warrior
    Mini-comic, no question.
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Merry Christmas! The All American's Avatar
    The vintage toy.

I voted Filmation. The vintage toy was my first He-Man. While I loved the mini comics, I always felt that most of the characters were portrayed so differently from issue to issue, that there was no continuity for me to latch onto. When Filmation came along, my first reaction that it was really weird. In time, it became my definitive MOTU, I think mainly because of the consistency. When I think back to my childhood, He-Man was the Filmation guy.
    Come on Matty! Show me DRAGSTOR!!!

Yes Filmation He-Man
    2 HIGH PRIESTESS 3 EMPRESS SHE-MAN MASTERS
    He-Man Masters of the Universe Classics Princess of Power She-Ra Bow
    http://mastersoftheuniverseclassicsh...assics-images/