View Poll Results: What Classics-styled toys would you like to see in 2016?

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll
  • Reissued or 2.0 characters

68 50.37%
  • Original MOTUC mini comic characters

55 40.74%
  • Original vintage mini comic characters

74 54.81%
  • Original Filmation characters

97 71.85%
  • Original NA or Jetlag characters

79 58.52%
  • Original PoP characters

61 45.19%
  • Original 200x characters

80 59.26%
  • Variants (Filmation, mini comic, 200x, PoP, NA, etc)

56 41.48%
  • Create-A-Character runners up winners

51 37.78%
  • Completely new characters

50 37.04%
  • Concept characters

69 51.11%
  • Large accessories (Cliff Climber, Jet Sled, Megalaser, etc.)

36 26.67%
  • Weapons pack

53 39.26%
  • Beasts

77 57.04%
  • Meteorbs

36 26.67%
  • Vehicles

67 49.63%
  • Small playset (Slime Pit, etc.)

67 49.63%
  • Large playset (Snake Mountain, Eternia, etc.)

70 51.85%
  • Collector sets (He-Man & Battlecat, 5-pack, 10-pack, etc.)

20 14.81%
  • Other (please explain)

5 3.70%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: What types of MOTU Classics-styled toys would you like to see in 2016?

What types of MOTU Classics-styled toys would you like to see in 2016?

Now is a great time to start considering what Classics-styled offerings Mattel will come up with for 2016!
    What would you like to see offered in a future re-branded line after next year?

Here are the results as of 9/8/2014:

Last edited by AdultCollector; September 8, 2014 at 11:43am.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I picked almost everything. I don't mind them...as long as they look good to me.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Why NA and Jetlag of course!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Heroic Warrior
    I voted for:
    Reissued or 2.0 characters
    Original vintage mini comic characters
    Original Filmation characters
    Original NA or Jetlag characters
    Original PoP characters
    Variants (Filmation, mini comic, 200x, PoP, NA, etc)
    Create-A-Character runners up winners
    Completely new characters
    Concept characters
    Large accessories (Cliff Climber, Jet Sled, Megalaser, etc.)
    Weapons pack
    Beasts
    Vehicles
    Small playset (POINT DREAD!)
    Large playset (Snake Mountain, Eternia, etc.)
    Collector sets (He-Man & Battlecat, 5-pack, 10-pack, etc.)
    Other- Blackstar, Bravestarr, Thundar, The Other World, Golden Girl, etc.
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Vehicles and mini comics characters
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

it's simple. I want the roadmap back in effect, sans what got pushed up and released to complete vintage. Just keep it going.

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Of course, in a ratio matter, i'd say, beasts & vehicles have to be maintained beyond 2016.
    Same with lil dios or small sized playsets (Slime Pit).
    Now, sprinkle all of this with a bunch of old mini-comics characters (remember that Scott evoked the pre-filmation era
    as being a option by then) , concepts (which are for the most part breathtaking!) And all of the remaining & Emblematic ones taken
    from each and every media available.I'm some OPEN-MINDED collector anyway so, as long as the figures visually fit with each other and look baddass enough, i'm UP !

I vote for large accessories.
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    I voted for any category containing new characters. Problem now is you almost have to go deep into one "faction" or another, and in doing so you alienate a lot of people.

My top pick is Filmation. Montork, Dree Elle, Gleedle, Garth, Melaktha, Evilseed, Vultak, General Sunder, Dragoon, Granita, Garn, Red Eye, Kittrina, Lord Masque, Lord Tyran, Colossor (Break out that giant body one more time!), Hawke, King Tamusk, Mallek and Lokus, Queen Elmora, Dylamug..... I'd buy every one. I know quite a few folks wouldn't, but it'd be so nice to get some more of these characters before it all shuts down.

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    I voted for:

-Original vintage mini comic characters
    -Original Filmation characters
    -Original NA or Jetlag characters
    -Original PoP characters
    -Large accessories (Cliff Climber, Jet Sled, Megalaser, etc.)
    -Beasts
    -Meteorbs
    -Vehicles
    -Small playset (Slime Pit, etc.)
    -Large playset (Snake Mountain, Eternia, etc.)

Galactic Guardians and Mutants all the way. Then Filmation and 200X original characters.
    I don't see the need to worry about new characters when there are so, so many characters already existing from the cartoons and comics that have yet to be made into figures or expanded upon in media.

With the exceptions of variants and collector sets I voted yes for everything.

Obviously some things I would want to see more than others, but a healthy dose in the future from any of the categories would be great.

I'm happy with pretty much all the characters and beasts we've got so far, and now that we will have all the vintage MOTU and (original) PoP characters, I say bring me some icing for my Classics cake!

I am very much in agreement with Baronterror on realising what was on the original road map, as I'm sure there are some great selections on it, that none of us have a clue about that would make amazing toys.

I would also like to see some more SoH, or at least enough to give us a small posse from this era. I think the PoG era could do with a little more too.

There are plenty of good 200x, filmation, and mini-comics (old and new) characters I'd adore as toys, especially if handled by the 4H.

I do feel a need for more beasts, Mantisaur, Clawdeen, Storm, Charger, and I would lose my **** if Enchanta ever got made (as goofy is it would be, it would also make an epic toy in Classics scale). I also want the PoG beasts.

We need more vehicles. I don't like many vintage vehicles, and had few as a kid. I must admit though, there were a handful I loved, Roton, Spydor, and Land Shark among my faves.

Playsets. HELL YES! Big and small please. I would find room, MAKE room for Eternia. I'd also love an updated Crystal Castle, but a Crystal Falls even more!

A special mention for NA here. NA is not my favourite cartoon, and I've struggled to watch it, but I've watched some. That aside, I really like NA in Classics.
    I think NA has not been done justice in Classics, so I'd like to see both GP and SM factions filled out more.

LOL I also wouldn't say no to a Nordor, or Starship Eternia (though these are about as likely as Crystal Falls and Enchanta).

Finally, there's no mention in the poll of "oversized", so I assume for the sake of this discussion oversized (eg giants) count as beasts, or simply as characters from whatever iteration they belong to. Whatever the case, I would be super excited to see the 200x ABC giants.

I certainly hope they offer us something in 2016 that draws from a selection of everything above (except variants (got enough already thanks), unless it's a narrative variant (like SA He-Man)) as I'm sure I'd happily collect it.

Last edited by MOTUforever; September 1, 2014 at 04:06am.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTUforever View Post
    With the exceptions of variants and collector sets I voted yes for everything.

Obviously some things I would want to see more than others, but a healthy dose in the future from any of the categories would be great.

I'm happy with pretty much all the characters and beasts we've got so far, and now that we will have all the vintage MOTU and (original) PoP characters, I say bring me some icing for my Classics cake!

I am very much in agreement with Baronterror on realising what was on the original road map, as I'm sure there are some great selections on it, that none of us have a clue about that would make amazing toys.

I would also like to see some more SoH, or at least enough to give us a small posse from this era. I think the PoG era could do with a little more too.

There are plenty of good 200x, filmation, and mini-comics (old and new) characters I'd adore as toys, especially if handled by the 4H.

I do feel a need for more beasts, Mantisaur, Clawdeen, Storm, Charger, and I would lose my **** if Enchanta ever got made (as goofy is it would be, it would also make an epic toy in Classics scale). I also want the PoG beasts.

We need more vehicles. I don't like many vintage vehicles, and had few as a kid. I must admit though, there were a handful I loved, Roton, Spydor, and Land Shark among my faves.

Playsets. HELL YES! Big and small please. I would find room, MAKE room for Eternia. I'd also love an updated Crystal Castle, but a Crystal Falls even more!

A special mention for NA here. NA is not my favourite cartoon, and I've struggled to watch it, but I've watched some. That aside, I really like NA in Classics.
    I think NA has not been done justice in Classics, so I'd like to see both GP and SM factions filled out more.

LOL I also wouldn't say no to a Nordor, or Starship Eternia (though these are about as likely as Crystal Falls and Enchanta).

Finally, there's no mention in the poll of "oversized", so I assume for the sake of this discussion oversized (eg giants) count as beasts, or simply as characters from whatever iteration they belong to. Whatever the case, I would be super excited to see the 200x ABC giants.

I certainly hope they offer us something in 2016 that draws from a selection of everything above (except variants (got enough already thanks), unless it's a narrative variant (like SA He-Man)) as I'm sure I'd happily collect it.

My sentiments exactly just keep churning out those toys and ill keep buying, MOTUC is my favorite toyline.

Always good to see NA near the top of the polls

Original vintage mini-comic characters.....

I want Rana, Dakkon, Garn, Delora, Kex Queen, MOP Demons, Lodar, and maybe even Tug-o-Warrior
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    What I'd like the most:

-One big playset (Snake Mountain, Crystal Castle, Fright Zone, Eternos Palace, Three Towers, Starship Eternia, Nordor, Castle Brightmoon, Fright Cave...)

-At least one diorama piece (Skeletor's Bone Throne & Table, Zodac's Chair, Whispering Woods, Royal Throne Hall, Royal Courtyard, Orko's Bedroom, Sorceress's Throne & Mirror, Great Eye of the Galaxy, Walkway of the Elders, Slime Pit, Crystal Falls...). Not sure if these would fall under "big accessory", "small playset" or "other".

-At least one vehicle (Roton, Talon Fighter with Point Dread, Road Ripper, Attak Trak, Tank Trak, Collector, Basher, Land Shark, Batmek, Glonda, Annihilator, Destructo-Tank, Astrosub, Shuttle Pod, Battle Bird, Terrotread, Skeletor's Hover Throne, Torg Ship, Rainbow Explorer, Hunter Robot, Battle Chariot, Dragon Walker, Bashasaurus, Fright Fighter, vintage Jet Sled, War Whale, Attack Squid...)

-At least one beast (Molkrom, Storm, Charger, Crystal Sundancer/Crystal Moonbeam, Spirit, Clawdeen, Enchanta, Spydor, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Bionatops, Turbodactyl, ice hacker [or the monster at the beginning of the first minicomic if that's not a kind of ice hacker], rock/sand golems, dragosaur, sandipede, tracker/rhinoelephant, spidersaur, shrieker, drachadon, wolfbat, serpentoid, Yog/Korlok, Sleeping Beast, Sh'gora, Serpos, Battle Bones, catcher plant, Skytree, Shadow Wing, Sorrowful, Negator's Robot Spider, Mer-Man's octopus...). I assume Stridor/Nightwalker will be released in 2015.

-At least one giant (Colossor, Bakull, Aroo/Braylok, Daimar, Gorgone, ABC giants, Haramesh...)

-1987 movie characters (Karg, Eternian Robes Lubic, Worruck, Comtech...)

-Quite a few NA & Jetlag characters to catch up (Crita with Grrr, Sagitar, Hoove, Spinwit, Lizorr, Drissi & Caz, Master Sebrian, Tuskador, Kayo, The Scientists, Gleanons & Galactymites, Artilla, Vizar, Nocturna, Butthead, Werban, Grot, Felca, Aquata, Besquita, Meliac, Dreadator, Remlin, Seeka, Melindra, Dagar, Corax, Ana Droids, Andros...)

-Several Filmation MotU & Filmation PoP characters (Dree Elle & Montork, Twiggets, Lord Masque, Vultak, Hunga, General Tataran & goblins, Garth, Kittrina, Granita & Facet, Melaktha, Zilora, Ollo, Gleedal, Negator, Angast, General Sunder, Admiral Scurvy, Dylamug, Horde invaders, Widgets, Hexon, Azrog, Snoob, Dr. Zoog, Prankster, King Micah, King Tamusk, King Helios, Lady Valtira, Lady Edwina, Queen Elmora, Queen Sumana & Arcadian amazons, Queen Balina & gargons, Garn, Princess Rhea, Celice & Pangus, Shalandor & Aquaticans, Ileena, Mortella, Sibyline, Enchantress, Tauron, Kothos, Zanthor, Dragoon, Monteeg, Game Master, Rose Goddess, Tic-Toc, Aramesh, Kol-Darr, Dark Dream, False Face, Intergalactic Police, Majestra...)

-Some 200X characters (Prahvus & Odiphus, Evilseed, Queen Veena, Hawke/Delora, Kulatak Elder, Ceratus, King Miro, Queen Andreeno, Stingrad, Bumblor, Trollan Oracle, King Torius, Manotaur, Mother Tetsudo, Lord Bryon...)

-Some long-established printed-media characters (Lodar, Scrollos, Prince Dakon, Masks of Power demons, Obelisk warriors, Crimson Fury, Lieutenant Andra, Pebbliss & Bouldar, Kex Queen, Keclar, Etherian First Ones...)

-One or two concept/prototype/other characters (Darius, Gray, Sharella, Dare, Kay-La, Evil Robot, Red Beast, Crystoll, Detector, Negatonik, Illumina, King Jarod, Songster...)

-One or two variants from any long-established source (God Skeletor, Filmation Teela, Filmation Clawful, 200X Captain Randor, Cloak-n'-Dagger Evil-Lyn, Tuvar & Baddhra, 200X young Adam & young Teela, 200X Sorceress, 200X Roboto, NA Adam with Clobber, Queen Crita, NA Sorceress, NA Teela, Ladybird Delora, green Trap-Jaw, Kamo Kahn, movie variants...)

-At least one army-builder from any long-established source (movie Black & Air Centurions, Brightmoon Guards, Mutant & Primus Troopers, Snake Clan & Ape Clan Warriors, Skelcons, Horde Wraiths, Bone Warriors, Skeleton Warriors, Horde Dark Riders, Grayskull Sentry, Mer-Man's Fishmen, other Snakemen Warriors, etc.).

-At least one weapons pack, with both newly tooled items (primarily Filmation artifacts, such as the teletransporter, stasis ray, electric lasoo, Palace Guard trident, Horn of Evil—although this should come with Dree-Elle—, coridite crystals, Randor's sceptre...) and repainted items (primarily to fill in glaring gaps, such as a green-colored Great Rebellion shield for Double Trouble), and also a few reinterpretations of existing items such as stand-alone He-Man's boots (to complete the set of items given to Oo-Larr by the Goddess) and the MAA/Palace Guard helmet (to complement his new ponytail head or any other head used with the Palace Guard bodies).

-At least one head pack for: 200X variants (Buzz-Off, Clawful...), Filmation variants (Mer-Man, Skeletor, He-Man, Beast-Man...), some generic heads for army-building other races (qadians/andreenids/avionians/etc.), and alternate heads that should have been included with past figures (such as an alternate human Palace Guard head not based on TG, a Lord of Zalesia head for The Faceless One, helmetless Hydron and Flogg, etc.).

(Note: By "long-established" source I mean sources older than a decade; i.e., anything up to and including 200X.)

I have very little if any interest in:

-CaC runner-ups (except maybe Brainwave and Ra-Jar).
    -MotUC minicomic characters (except Robot Woman—whom I like a lot actually—and possibly Lady Slither).
    -New 52 DC comic characters and redesigns (particularly despise that design of Despara with a "Hordak-like" mask).
    -Most of the SoH stuff (except Kay-La and the NA-styled Dare—no interest whatsoever in Skeleteen).
    -In general, not interested in most things made-up-yesterday (with the notable exception of recent fan-designed Snake Mountain-Man & Fright Cave-Man, which I think look all kinds of cool).
    Last edited by uaxuctum; September 1, 2014 at 07:13pm.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Court Magician
    i want Filmation characters and variants... ONLY FILMATION!

Jetlag, vintage NA, Filmation She-Ra, and vintage POP variants would be my top priorities. Characters who were important and/or prevalent in either of those cartoons, such as Master Sebrian, Crita, and the Twiggets are by far the figures I would most miss not getting at some point.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

This is where my love goes to:

Original 200x characters
    Meteorbs
    Large playset (Snake Mountain, Eternia, etc.)

First NA/Jetlag characters (of course ), and then I voted for:

-Original Filmation characters
    -Original POP characters
    -Beasts
    -Meteorbs
    -Vehicles
    -Small playset (Slime Pit, etc.)
    -Large playset (Snake Mountain, Eternia, etc.)

ZERO interest in 2.0 versions of core characters (maybe, just maybe, except for He-Man and Sorceress).
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

- - - Updated - - -

Here are the results so far!

Last edited by AdultCollector; September 8, 2014 at 11:42am.

Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Here are the results so far!

http://i.minus.com/iorLe8iAFXn8i.jpg

Poor Meteorbs.

I think the truest test of a customiser at this stage would be to make custom Meteorbs that got everyone interested in the concept. If one could pull that off, one could consider oneself a custom artiste.
    Orko: It's like the Sorceress said: sometimes, the ones who seem the worst, need our help the most.
    He-Man: You're learning.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Reissued or 2.0 characters
    Original MOTUC mini comic characters
    Original NA or Jetlag characters
    Original PoP characters
    Original 200x characters
    Variants (Filmation, mini comic, 200x, PoP, NA, etc)
    Create-A-Character runners up winners
    Completely new characters
    Weapons accessory pack
    Beasts
    Vehicles
    Small playset (Slime Pit, skeletors bone throne & table with crystal ball)
    Large playset (Snake Mountain)
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

200X style! It was like the filmation one but more updated