Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pop Culture Shock 1:4 He-Man & Battle Cat Mixed Media Statue

Master of Disasters MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yodafreakmaster View Post
    Do we know how large this is going to be?? I'm starting to organize my MOTU display/collector room and I'm sure this will be a future centerpiece of the collection!! It looks like it is going to be HUGE!!!!
    It is 1:4 scale.
    MOST WANTED: Filmation Whiplash, Filmation Ram Man, Filmation Two-Bad, Filmation Buzz-Off, Filmation Sy-Klone, Ice Armor He-Man

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    It is 1:4 scale.
    Cool! It will fit in nicely with the Filmation style statues they are putting out and not take over the collection room completely

Cool! It will fit in nicely with the Filmation style statues they are putting out and not take over the collection room completely
    Maybe. Ha ha! Battlecat is supposedly huge. We should know for sure in a few weeks.

The Filmation He-Man statue is 1:4 scale as well, but it is on the smaller size so I expect the mixed media to look much larger.
    Quote Originally Posted by foots_mcgee View Post
    Maybe. Ha ha! Battlecat is supposedly huge. We should know for sure in a few weeks.
    Yeah, I think this mixed media He-Man will be massive (especially once Battle Cat is added to the equation).

- - - Updated - - -

According to Jerry, Battle Cat is going to be very limited, very expensive, and very big (over 3 foot long)!!!
    Last edited by MOTU_Maniac; April 7, 2015 at 10:03am.
    MOST WANTED: Filmation Whiplash, Filmation Ram Man, Filmation Two-Bad, Filmation Buzz-Off, Filmation Sy-Klone, Ice Armor He-Man

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    First thing to mind is shipping to international fans, I'm wondering if he will be limited to around 50 pieces, what do you guys think?
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    According to Jerry, Battle Cat is going to be very limited, very expensive, and very big (over 3 foot long)!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by lorde trooper View Post
    First thing to mind is shipping to international fans, I'm wondering if he will be limited to around 50 pieces, what do you guys think?
    I have no idea. I just know he is going to be HUGE!!! And expensive!! (Which means I am out of the running).

Basically, this is a He-Man collectible for either the super rich or people with serious levels of disposable income. I suppose that's why there will be so few. Got to wonder, though, how much does it actually cost to produce these things?

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    It looks amazing, but yeh, not for me I'm afraid
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Basically, this is a He-Man collectible for either the super rich or people with serious levels of disposable income. I suppose that's why there will be so few. Got to wonder, though, how much does it actually cost to produce these things?
    I don't think that is necessarily true. A lot of people on these boards spend far more than this on collectibles each year. Many of them wouldn't consider themselves super rich. Some people just prefer one statue over 20 figures.

The statue looks amazing. His hair is a bit too short, but other than that he looks perfect!

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by foots_mcgee View Post
    I don't think that is necessarily true. A lot of people on these boards spend far more than this on collectibles each year. Many of them wouldn't consider themselves super rich. Some people just prefer one statue over 20 figures.
    After classics I'd like to say that's it for me with figures and put my money into statues, I've collected every motu line except the Giants and unless 2016 has an impressive line up I might call it a day cause the classic figures is such a great line up of characters I feel like I'm complete with what I have, I love the classics but statues have more of a wow factor for me, I look at my statues more then my classics and though more expensive they don't come out as frequent. I need to have battle cat.

You don't need to be rich but if you can start by putting $20 aside each week it may help pay for a statue you want whether it be battle cat or something else. Always easier said then done.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Heroic Warrior

Goodness gracious!

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalThrasher View Post
    Sweet!

He's looking amazing.
    Upcoming MOTU-inspired Graphic Novel: www.eonquest.com

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Really nice I am looking forward to see it with he-man in display
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Size?

Hey pals, could any tellme the size of this BCAT?

THANKS
    Check out marktron's MOTU CUTSOMS photos and profile! http://fearlessphotog.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MARKTRON View Post
    Hey pals, could any tellme the size of this BCAT?

THANKS
    He is 1:4 scale and supposedly 3 feet long according to Jerry.

That's a bit much!

Quote Originally Posted by lorde trooper View Post
    After classics I'd like to say that's it for me with figures and put my money into statues, I've collected every motu line except the Giants and unless 2016 has an impressive line up I might call it a day cause the classic figures is such a great line up of characters I feel like I'm complete with what I have, I love the classics but statues have more of a wow factor for me, I look at my statues more then my classics and though more expensive they don't come out as frequent. I need to have battle cat.

You don't need to be rich but if you can start by putting $20 aside each week it may help pay for a statue you want whether it be battle cat or something else. Always easier said then done.
    You know what, I actually agree with you in regards to these being affordable. There was a time (actually not that long ago) when I thought that statues were completely out of my price range, but if you stop buying everything else and do payment plans it's definitely possible for almost any budget to accommodate a statue or bust. It's amazing, but I've completely changed my opinion.

Recently I've had something of a revelation / epiphany recently in which I decided that it was time to give up action figures for good. I'm 33 at the end of the week and I've been doing a lot of thinking lately. And for me at least, it makes sense to move on to fewer high end prop, statue and replica items and give up toys altogether.

The one thing I really do like about these statues is the 1/4 scale - can't miss these in your display case that's for sure! Also, I won't have to worry about loose displayed figures falling over all the time. I loved collecting classics, but for all the money and energy I put in to that I could just as easily obtain all my personal fav A-list MOTU characters in 1/4 scale statue form.

I'll keep my vintage Grayskull, 2001 commemorative moc battle armour He-man and Skeletor - if only for a very fond nod to my childhood. I will certainly also keep the framed filmation cels I've obtained over the years. I might even keep a few select classics figures, but yeah it's time to move on now. No more "plastic" toys or action figures for me If it ain't resin, fibreglass or over 15" I ain't interested

- - - Updated - - -

Freakin' SWEET. Glad I passed on the Filmation-ish He-man statue now. Besides didn't think they got the Filmation likeness accurate enough. THIS however, is my 1980s childhood all over again, EPIC!
    Last edited by PowerofGygor; April 19, 2015 at 10:52pm.
    I HAVE THE POWER!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PowerofGygor View Post
    Freakin' SWEET. Glad I passed on the Filmation-ish He-man statue now. Besides didn't think they got the Filmation likeness accurate enough. THIS however, is my 1980s childhood all over again, EPIC!
    I also passed on the Filmation He-Man statue because I didn't think the face was quite right, this one will fill the void for sure though. How much are they going to be though I wonder?

Glad someone agrees with me. IMO the most successful sculpts to date have been Beastman, Trapjaw and Man-At-Arms. Teela was also a little off with the facial sculpt. The essence of the character is there, but like He-Man they haven't nailed it.

I've ordered Skeletor. Admittedly it's not a perfect head sculpt either, but overall the piece really pops and I just couldn't resist not biting. Aside from the bobbles and plushes, we haven't exactly had Filmation Skeletor like this before, so it's pretty damn cool

Still hoping we get a Prince Adam and cant wait to see wait to see what they will do with Mer-Man, Sorceress and Evil-Lyn. Also hope we get a Filmation Cringer...just a shame they didn't save Orko to include him with Cringer. Would've looked better having him float beside Cringer.

The new ultra-realistic line looks very promising. If Teela is released all sexed up with this detail then I'll be happy to purchase her instead of the Filmation version.

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. I noticed that on the Popculture Shock website that the EX Trapjaw and EX Man-Ar-Arms are listed as sold out when I tried to add them to my cart. Will their be regular versions available for pre-order soon, or have they already been up and sold out?
    I HAVE THE POWER!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PowerofGygor View Post

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. I noticed that on the Popculture Shock website that the EX Trapjaw and EX Man-Ar-Arms are listed as sold out when I tried to add them to my cart. Will their be regular versions available for pre-order soon, or have they already been up and sold out?
    They are available at places like Big Bad Toy Store and Entertainment Earth. That is probably your best bet. You can probably save on shipping as well.

I'm surprised that you think Teela's face is off. It looks spot on to me. I haven't seen much criticism of her sculpt.

Heroic Warrior
    judging from the size alone this will probably be out of my price range
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalThrasher View Post
    judging from the size alone this will probably be out of my price range
    Oh my. That is toddler-size!