Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Detailed Political and Physical Map of Eternia

That map is amazing - how much work was this?!
    My deepest respect for this masterpiece.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by grubiera View Post
    So sorry, I've been really busy last weeks beacuse of job!
    Thank you all for your comments.

I received many private mails in my mailbox and it collapsed. I've already answered all of them and now there is new space enough for the new messages to come.
    The mailbox capacity is limited but I will be aware to avoid this to happen again.

The project is not dead at all. Geology is a living science and the tectonic plates of Eternia never stop moving.

LOL Eterninan-King Paul, You are right.
    Everyone should have one on the desk.

Attachment 106851

heheh your absolutely right. I more would be interessted in a high res graphic, and i work on a project for a book and would love to use it there when you would allow me to do that.

greetings from switzerland

First of all, I want to thank you all for your comments and for all the mails I received with motivational words supporting the map.

Today I want to share with you a simplified map of the Kingdom of Eternos, with its territorial divisions and their capitals.

Although in my original map you can see a lot of more labeled details, such as geographical features such as rivers, forests, mountains, etc; many more cities and towns; castles, mining areas, etc,.. with this map you will be able to check my conception of the integrated lands of Eternos in times of King Randor.

I'm waiting for your feedback.

Best Regards!
    Grubiera.

Map_Kingdom_of_Eternos_Rubiera.jpg

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    First of all, I want to thank you all for your comments and for all the mails I received with motivational words supporting the map.

Today I want to share with you a simplified map of the Kingdom of Eternos, with its territorial divisions and their capitals.

Although in my original map you can see a lot of more labeled details, such as geographical features such as rivers, forests, mountains, etc; many more cities and towns; castles, mining areas, etc,.. with this map you will be able to check my conception of the integrated lands of Eternos in times of King Randor.

I'm waiting for your feedback.

Best Regards!
    Grubiera.

Map_Kingdom_of_Eternos_Rubiera.jpg
    As with the rest of your work, this is stunning and incredibly well-executed!
    Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Facebook

To the Powers that Be: Give me a proper King Miro figure, please!!

Widget
    I see that you are also Spanish, how exciting!

I've been embarked on a similar project for years, gathering information on locations of Eternia published in various media to insert on a map of the planet ... but, causes of lack of time, I have never reached the impressive level that you have arrived.
    Honestly, I'm really impressed. I have no words to express the illusion that I have to see another fan was working in parallel on something similar and that the quality of the result is impressive. This map is my most coveted piece of MOTU over 25 years!

As many request here, I would be interested, if you decide to sell several impressions, get myself a couple of them at least. Is it possible that one day we can get to enjoy of the privilege ?.

A million thanks and our sincere and enthusiastic congratulations for successfully concluding this titanic project !.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm very curious about the process! When locations had inconsistencies, how did you decide which to use? In your super detailed version, do you have the source for the location? What did you do when the location had different rulers/geography (if that ever happened)?
    The power of Grayskull compels you!

My daughter's Hebrew name is Shira.

Quote Originally Posted by guy-dude View Post
    I'm very curious about the process! When locations had inconsistencies, how did you decide which to use? In your super detailed version, do you have the source for the location? What did you do when the location had different rulers/geography (if that ever happened)?

Nice question!

I'm sure you'll agree with me that explain here in detail all the decisions for each location of the map would be almost impossible.
    But I'll give you the main outline of what I did:
    1.-Collect and classify all the locations found in all the Media (Comics, Series, ...)
    2.-Set up the geographic skeleton with all the main areas (e.g. We all know that the EVERGREEN FOREST is north of the FERTILE PLAINS and that the ICE MOUNTAINS are near the North Pole)
    3.-State the obvious locations (e.g. AVION in the MYSTIC MOUNTAINS, LEANNASIA in the FERTILE PLAINS,...)
    4.-Group the explicitly nearby locations (e.g. The Village of Kol is near Lake Kroly, Corodite mines are near Widget Fortress, ...)
    5.-From all the published stories and using geopolitic and economic logic, fit the puzzle.
    6.-set extra locations using coherence (e.g. Elmas and Abram should have their farms not too far from a volcano area)
    7.-In case of inconsistence,... give as much consistence as possible.

Concerning the rulers... I tried to set rulers in times of King Randor but before any HE-MAN action/intervention. (e.g. on the Map you will find Queen Valeena (Balena) but not Garn as the ruler of the City of Targa)

Anyway, if you have any specific request.... just let me know.

Telkan2, Thanks for your last post!
    And Gygor... MUCHAS GRACIAS (thanks a lot) for your words of support! It would be great to meet you someday.
    Last edited by grubiera; September 9, 2016 at 05:07pm.

This is SO incredible, been meaning to put my two cents on this project cause I love it, and I'm happy to finally have some confirmation to the name of that Duchy mentioned in the episode "The Once and Future Duke", been needing some confirmation beyond what even James Eatock had provided in his unofficial guide.
    But here's a bit of a quandary I've been wondering you could shed some light on: I'm sure you have the geographical location of the Vine Jungle there right? I"m guessing it's on that border region before Avion and the norther continent, the Tree Dwellers, and also the Qadains (the Cat people like Kittrina King Paw, etc.). Since I mentioned the Tree Dwellers I was curious about the Starchild episode, they mentioned that she, from some underground sewer access in the Royal Palace, escaped into the "Old Vine Jungle".
    So I was always confused about that, was it just the area underground with flora/fauna also found in the Vine Jungle, or just directly underneath it, where the Cave Dwellers reside (where they feud with the Tree Dwellers above, currently over Starchild)?

Speaking of nerdy exploits for MOTU myself, I've been kinda doing the concept called "Eternian Bestiery" where I'd do my own personal (illustrated) takes on all the creatures seen on the cartoons, and try to make the ones there were merely a palate swap of the same creature before, plan to have those posted on my Deviant Art page provided on my signature.

Take care!
    Visit my art page at: http://theblock.deviantart.com/ , if you like my work and have an account there to, feel free to fave or watch me, I could use the street cred !

My new chant: Lets go NA MARA, spike-flail pon-y-tail

We need some more updates and pictures of this map.

Hi Rory! I'm sorry I could not get into the forum and answer you sooner!
    First of all thank you so much for comment and I have to say that I really enjoyed all your art! Awesome! Congratulations!

Concerning the Old Vine Jungle...

The Vine Jungle is the Jungle area near the equator that is north of the Evergreen Forest - just starts at the kingdom of Targa - south of the Mystic Mountains and west of the Edgewood. This is just the very well known and main location that appears in many stories and it was already described in the second page of the MOTU Bible. This is also where the Qadians live.

However, the Old Vine Jungle is another location.

The Cave Dwellers and the Tree People have a close historical relationship with the old Clans of Preternia. In particular with the Wolf Clan and the Owl clan, and later with the Tree Clan. All of them have always lived in the Crystal Forest in the west side of the Evergreen Forest and always south of the caves of winds and the Temple of the Wolf.
    There are many caves in that place, some of them are habitable such the Balkron's cave house but other are not. The Old Vine Jungle refers to this uncomfortable area with a dense and peculiar vegetation with some subterranean zones where to enter is something dangerous.
    In fact, the original name was Vine Jungle and it was continued using even many years after the people named Vine Jungle to the famous jungle near the equator. To avoid confusion, they began to call it the Old Vine Jungle.

Another Close-Up!RubieraMapEternia10.jpg

Widget
    you def should release a digital version of your map at some point .. you could make some good money with it i believe

Widget
    Did you ever decide whether you were going to sell prints of you map or a digital file for it? I'd be very interested in buying one as I'm working on a MotU -themed Dungeon & Dragons adventure for my gaming group and this map would exponentially enhance the play (and planning). I tried sending you a private message about it, but the system says your mailbox is full.

Quote Originally Posted by TooManyDolemites View Post
    Did you ever decide whether you were going to sell prints of you map or a digital file for it? I'd be very interested in buying one as I'm working on a MotU -themed Dungeon & Dragons adventure for my gaming group and this map would exponentially enhance the play (and planning). I tried sending you a private message about it, but the system says your mailbox is full.
    I agree, I am still interested in getting a copy of this as well!

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Nice question!

I'm sure you'll agree with me that explain here in detail all the decisions for each location of the map would be almost impossible.
    But I'll give you the main outline of what I did:
    1.-Collect and classify all the locations found in all the Media (Comics, Series, ...)
    2.-Set up the geographic skeleton with all the main areas (e.g. We all know that the EVERGREEN FOREST is north of the FERTILE PLAINS and that the ICE MOUNTAINS are near the North Pole)
    3.-State the obvious locations (e.g. AVION in the MYSTIC MOUNTAINS, LEANNASIA in the FERTILE PLAINS,...)
    4.-Group the explicitly nearby locations (e.g. The Village of Kol is near Lake Kroly, Corodite mines are near Widget Fortress, ...)
    5.-From all the published stories and using geopolitic and economic logic, fit the puzzle.
    6.-set extra locations using coherence (e.g. Elmas and Abram should have their farms not too far from a volcano area)
    7.-In case of inconsistence,... give as much consistence as possible.

Concerning the rulers... I tried to set rulers in times of King Randor but before any HE-MAN action/intervention. (e.g. on the Map you will find Queen Valeena (Balena) but not Garn as the ruler of the City of Targa)

Anyway, if you have any specific request.... just let me know.

Telkan2, Thanks for your last post!
    And Gygor... MUCHAS GRACIAS (thanks a lot) for your words of support! It would be great to meet you someday.
    Have you considered revising the map based on the information in the Dark Horse Character Guide and World Compendium?

Nature's Greatest Wonder Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Now I really want there to be a video of Yakko from Animainiacs singing all of the territories and capitals of Eternia.

In the name of the Lloyd!

Court Magician
    This looks extremely professional, well done!