Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Gwildor Arrival

He fits by virtue of being MOTU. That's all it takes for me. I can see the Classicization accross the board. They all fit. They all show their origins but I am absolutely happy. Sure I didnt like Jitsu's seemingly narrow head. I was not 100 percent pleased with Blade's costume. But overall though there are a number of little details, this line is a line.

Each figure, Gwildor included, look like who they are supposed to be and fit in with the size and overall asthetic of the whole. I am happy.

Dont have Gwildor yet but I cannot imagine being displeased with him. Sure, woulda liked a clear crystal, but whatever, right?

My Gwildor arrived today. Now I can display him with my Robbie's BBQ bucket that I won from TheFwoosh.com.
    Last edited by jerec350; December 23, 2014 at 01:41am.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Gwildor Arrival

I'm not a big Gwildor fan but I did like the actor who played him. Billy was the man!
    Last edited by WALTOR; December 23, 2014 at 07:11am.

Quote Originally Posted by jerec350 View Post
    My Gwildor arrived today. Now I can display him with my Robbie's BBQ bucket that I won from TheFwoosh.com.
    http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14...ae0e58ac91.jpg
    I want that bucket of chicken... [sarcasm]So where do you live? And when are you going on vacation?[/sarcasm]

I actually finally have a figure I dislike even more than Ram Man...I didn't think it was possible...

I actually like him..thought I would kinda hate him..I tend not like comic relief characters. .
    .but I'm pleasantly surprised. .. he will stand in for orko as the little guy in the group...
    GIMME TOYS!-

Love that recreation of the movie scene! That is an awesome looking movie He-Man.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Such an awesome, special figure. I don't care that he is more detailed than other figures - the collection is vast anyway so he won't stick out. I love all the detailing on him and the paints and QC are excellent. Really pleased with him!!!
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

He's stunning, such a great addiction to MOTUC, we need more characters like these;

gwildor fits perfectly in any fantasy book/movie, he could have played a part in LOTR too next to other fantasy creatures
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."

Quote Originally Posted by EagleOne View Post
    I want that bucket of chicken... [sarcasm]So where do you live? And when are you going on vacation?[/sarcasm]
    Lol. It'll be awhile before I take a vacation. Started a new (old) job last month.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Awful figure.....awful price. I'm just not a fan of Gwildor. Nice sculpt, nice accessories, but again......way overpriced.

Quote Originally Posted by jerec350 View Post
    Lol. It'll be awhile before I take a vacation. Started a new (old) job last month.
    It's ok. The sculptor had some more in stock in his ebay store. So I've got one now.

Mine finally came in. The prototype cosmic key is quite impressive in person. Really love all the little details on Gwildor. When I was playing with his robes, the seam in the back revealed itself. I'm going to try to take his coat off and see what he's got goin' on under there.

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    I'm going to try to take his coat off and see what he's got goin' on under there.
    Hmm. Kinky.
    Some remaining, post 2017-Reveals, WANTS:
    Kittrina, Lady Slither, Garth, Master Sebrian, Skeleteen, Kay-La, (comic)Garn, Meliac, Sagitar, Melog, Spirit of Evil, Slime Pit He-Man, Artilla, Drissi, Caz, Grot, Melaktha, Scrollos, Hunga, Rajar, Bubblor, Songster, Red Beast, Zed, NA Sorceress, Staghorn, Col. Blast...and hoping to someday see a Fright Zone with Slime Pit!

Good lord man, this thing looks like it jumped right out of the screen and ate my fried chicken! I love 'em! I...sorta want Skeletor more, but you work with what you can get, ya know? It's not like I don't already have a bunch of Skeletors.

This is Gwildor, though! He's throughout the whole movie, and a big part of the nostalgia. It's really cool to have him in all his movie-like glory. The "the little worm has another key!" So that's always cool. The Prototype Key is give and take, though. On one hand: I love the idea! A giant proto version is always cool, and I like that he eventually figured out how to make a hand-held one (though I still imagine the giant one is somehow more powerful). On the other hand: I wish it were normal sized, because it's more accurate to the film! It even has the leather strap on it! I mean, what good does the strap do for this giant thing?

Ah well, the overall package is fantastic, and I love it. A+!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Got my Gwildor in. Thankfully, the QC seems to be higher than average. The paint all looks to be very clean, no stuck joints, etc. The sculpt is of course ridiculously detailed. I love it, I've just been turning him over in my hands trying to take it all in. The paint on his head especially is impressive. The articulation is a bit hindered, and that's unfortunate, but he's not really a very dynamic character. One thing I would ask for is a few paint washes or some dry brushing or something to bring out some of the great detail on his robes, it seems like it's missing something there.

Overall, he's very well executed, but it's just another one of those kinds of characters that's just background, so it's hard to get super excited about it (although it is amazing to have a Gwildor for fans of the movie like me).

Got my Gwildor, and im happy hes cool and different enuff. the giant prototype comic key cool to, now bring on God Skeletor.

Gwildor is easily one of the BEST sculpts/paints of the line, he came out epic!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!!

Jafaristew...the guy that coined the term "200X."

Say what you want about Gwildor, but he has an impeccable style a figure.
    We still need two more Eternians from the movie: Saurod and Karg.
    Mini-comic Garn!
    http://old.he-man.org/primary_sects/...50/07-08.shtml
    ----------------------------------
    Sagitar, Dylamug, Hunga the Harpy, Admiral Scurvy, Skytree and Songster.

Connoisseur of plastics VelvetPython's Avatar
    A very nice looking figure, not one I was particularly anxious for and a bit expensive but what are you gonna do. I watched the movie my fair share of times as a kid, Gwildor looks just as I remembered him. I think a more detailed look is appropriate for a movie based figure, which never do blend in with the rest of your collection anyway. He's not really an action pose kind of figure, guess he'll take up residence in Grayskull with Eldor and the Sorceress as one of the old fogeys who wait around for He-man to need help with something.

Gwildor is incredibly impressive. I finally got around to reviewing him on my blog, so enjoy!
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Finally got around to taking photos of my December photos (I was away for Christmas). I wish Gwildor came with his official bucket of Robby's Ribs, but, alas, 'twas not to be. Either way, I love the Billy Barty look!

Gwildor_zps835689d8.jpgShelf-Masters1_zpsc6653f62.jpg
    Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Facebook

To the Powers that Be: Give me a proper King Miro figure, please!!

Got my Gwildor today. Excellent figure! The eyes on mine are straight luckily as so many I've seen online seem to have a lazy eye. The giant cosmic key was a bit of a mess with the top looking melted and the bottom flaps bent but as I find it pointless anyway I can't say it bothered me.

I do still feel the figure was over priced and the giant cosmic key was just thrown in for the sake of giving him more to make the price seem fairer, though in my opinion he should have had his grappling hook instead. Or a key without the handle but that is the same size as the other two keys we have that came with him and Preternia He-man.

Gwildors by rodstoybox, on Flickr
    Last edited by Rodster6; January 20, 2015 at 12:35pm.