Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loyal Subjects Action Vinyls MOTU Discussion - Wave 2

Widget

Loyal Subjects Action Vinyls MOTU Discussion - Wave 2

Loyal Subjects Action Vinyls: Masters of the Universe

Mer Man and Stinkor will be mine!

BA He-Man and Battle Cat will most likely be mine.

Iím guessing Wun Dar is going to be a chase.

I can see them doing a human Zodac and a monster Zodac, but which one is the chase? Maybe itíll be a retailer variant, like human limbs can monster limbs Skeletor. Zodak would not be a hard chase to make here either.

Edit: it looks like they added elbow and knee articulation. Or am I imagining things?
    Last edited by hadley; July 12, 2018 at 12:58pm.

Happy to see a Wave 2 is coming. Great character selection, too! I hope they might go with the model they used for Thundercats, where no character was exclusively a chase figure, they were simply exclusive to certain stores. For Thundercats they did this with 4 of the villains: Monkian was at Hot Topic, Jackalman with Target, Vultureman with Toys R Us, and Ssslythe with Walgreens. They also packaged Snarf with Lion-O in I believe either a Think Geek or Game Stop exclusive. Only variations of the figures were chase figures. That's much better than a major character like Faker only being available as 1:96 chases. I get that he could technically be seen as a variant, but to the MOTU fanbase, us, he is a completely different character.

Hadley, I didn't notice that at first, but I think you're right, it looks like there's some added articulation coming too!
    Most wanted: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) Masks of Power Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha, 21) Stridor, 22) Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 23) ABC Giants

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Awesome! So happy there is a wave 2. Really nice character selection. Fisto looks amazing!
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

NOOOOOO!!!!! I must have them all!!!

Nice! they are are super cool!
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."

....and do not forget to click and vote for a Filmation Legacy line
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...37#post3799537

Halfway between Trolla and Eorzea (Salem, MA)
    Welp, looks like I'm in for Wave 2... rassafrassin' blind boxes...
    <--- CRAZY OLD TROLLAN LADY
    Mo-Larr is canon. Montork is not. Seriously, just WHAT.

Man these are super cool looking. I'm glad they are continuing with them. I do wish they were a bit cheaper and the chases were easier to get.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

I was talking with a friend at work a few days ago when I noticed these reveals and I wouldn't be surprised if Battle Cat is a collect and connect. If they do that, he'd better have all of his parts come with the common figures no matter who the retailers are. I can see having a head without a helmet come with a rare figure. Still, I hope they don't do the same case packaging like they did with Thundercats. I bought an entire box and got 3 Cheetara, 3 Panthro, and 1 Lion-O. Having each a bad guy exclusive to certain retailers isn't so great when one of said retailers (Walgreens) won't put them on the shelf in my town. Hopefully they go back to some level of predictability like there was with the MOTU Walmart wave boxes.
    I make my own MOTU video game stuff. Check it out.

dA - wallbie.deviantart.com
    YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/wallbieswarriors
    Daily Motion - http://www.dailymotion.com/wallbie#video=x14o6e4

Quote Originally Posted by wallbie View Post
    I was talking with a friend at work a few days ago when I noticed these reveals and I wouldn't be surprised if Battle Cat is a collect and connect. If they do that, he'd better have all of his parts come with the common figures no matter who the retailers are. I can see having a head without a helmet come with a rare figure. Still, I hope they don't do the same case packaging like they did with Thundercats. I bought an entire box and got 3 Cheetara, 3 Panthro, and 1 Lion-O. Having each a bad guy exclusive to certain retailers isn't so great when one of said retailers (Walgreens) won't put them on the shelf in my town. Hopefully they go back to some level of predictability like there was with the MOTU Walmart wave boxes.
    What would make you think they would do a collect and connect? Have they done that with other lines?
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdoobs

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdoobs View Post
    What would make you think they would do a collect and connect? Have they done that with other lines?
    They have started to do that with their newer lines "Horror" and "WWE".

I REALLY hope they do the see through window boxes like they are doing with the horror series.

Evil Sorcerer & Commander Zargon's Avatar
    ...and I'm sucked back into these....
    Top MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither, Tuvar & Baddrah 2-pack, "new" characters as designed by Axor (Axel)

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    I REALLY hope they do the see through window boxes like they are doing with the horror series.
    If they did, these would be an easy sale for me (save having to go back and get the previous figures). Blind boxes are a pass without a second thought and NO regret...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    If they did, these would be an easy sale for me (save having to go back and get the previous figures). Blind boxes are a pass without a second thought and NO regret...
    I am being cautiously optimistic as I don't see ratios printed on the figure art, and they usually are...

Heroic Warrior Long Live He-Man's Avatar
    Where were these pictures posted? Are there any follow up articles on the Web about Wave 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Long Live He-Man View Post
    Where were these pictures posted? Are there any follow up articles on the Web about Wave 2?
    They were leaked images and The Loyal Subjects has not officially commented on them yet. I assume there will be news during SDCC. I saw the images posted on the Loyal Subjects Facebook group but then they were promptly taken down since they were not officially released.
    Most wanted: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) Masks of Power Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha, 21) Stridor, 22) Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 23) ABC Giants

Court Magician
    My only issue with the character selection is...it's good guy heavy. We had an even split in the first wave. Wave 2 is 3/4 good guys. Although getting Mer-Man almost makes up for it. Two of the three bad guys use the same head too. I would drop King Randor and go with another bad guy. I don't care for Wun-Dar, but he's likely a chase figure so his placement in the wave doesn't bother me.

Halfway between Trolla and Eorzea (Salem, MA)
    You know, something just hit me: with all the repaint variants that were available in wave 1, do you think that they're likely to do the same in wave 2? I just want to know how many of one character I might have to tear out my remaining hair over to try and acquire for my shelves... But then again, it's not like Orko has a butt-ton of color variants to begin with...
    <--- CRAZY OLD TROLLAN LADY
    Mo-Larr is canon. Montork is not. Seriously, just WHAT.

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering Star View Post
    You know, something just hit me: with all the repaint variants that were available in wave 1, do you think that they're likely to do the same in wave 2? I just want to know how many of one character I might have to tear out my remaining hair over to try and acquire for my shelves... But then again, it's not like Orko has a butt-ton of color variants to begin with...
    If they do it like Thundercats, the repaints where store exlusives.
    Walmart usually get "battle damage" Hottopic "metallic" Gamestop "toy variants".
    BUT, each got an exclusive bad guy...which is why we may not be seeing all the bad guys...

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering Star View Post
    I would expect color variants. Particularly with Mer-Man (toy colors, blue mini comic, dark gree/bluish Filmation), Ram Man (toy colors, cardback colors, 200x colors, mini comic colors), and Zodac (toy, Filmation, 200x). Maybe with King Randor and Sorceress they could do toy and 200x colors, even though they are very different looks. Mekaneck could maybe get the variant color scheme of the wacky 200x version that was a maroon color. Fisto, Stinkor, Orko, and the BA variants would be hard pressed to find alternate color schemes for.

Evil Sorcerer & Commander Zargon's Avatar
    Is there a thread here or anywhere online that lists all of the MOTU Loyal Subjects figures so far? I'm not finding one. A picture guide would be best....
    Top MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither, Tuvar & Baddrah 2-pack, "new" characters as designed by Axor (Axel)

Why were these not shown at SDCC? Loyal Subjects missed a HUGH reveal chance to push these........

Quote Originally Posted by Cringer_luvr View Post
    Why were these not shown at SDCC? Loyal Subjects missed a HUGH reveal chance to push these........
    Apparently the next MOTU wave is not coming out for quite some time, and they focussed on the lines that are just now coming out or are soon to be coming out, such as the Horror and WWE lines.