Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1075

Thread: Loyal Subjects Action Vinyls: Masters of the Universe - Wave 1

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Like Series 1 came out in early 2017, I'm guessing Series 2 will be out early next year. Especially if they are still working on them. I don't think we've actually seen any images of series 2 yet.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

MAN-E is still lost, I can't find him. And He-man just broke. He fell on the ground and his leg broke off.

Those who can master the kairu can become all-powerful Redakai

I don't know if this is widespread, but I went into a nearby Gamestop and they had the Loyal Subjects blind boxes for $4.89 each. I bought 8 boxes and got He-Man (x2), Man at Arms (x2), Skeletor, Trap-Jaw, Stratos, and Man E Faces. I stopped at that point because I figured my odds of getting duplicates were greater than getting Beast Man and Tri-Klops, and my odds of getting the chase figures are slim to none. I wasn't going to collect these figures, but at that price I couldn't resist.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

maybe there is a thread on here where people are still trading these???

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Like Series 1 came out in early 2017, I'm guessing Series 2 will be out early next year. Especially if they are still working on them. I don't think we've actually seen any images of series 2 yet.
    I'm starting to wonder if there will actually be a wave 2 at this point. The wave 1 MOTU figures are starting to show up everywhere at clearance prices, and seems to be a lot of them. So I'm not sure how well they sold. Add to that, Loyal Subjects is expanding to a lot of other licenses, so I'm wondering if they'll abandon MOTU. I hope not.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Most wanted: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) Masks of Power Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha, 21) Stridor, 22) Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 23) ABC Giants

I would have bought a lot more blind boxes if they were $8 or less. $12-$15 is too much for blind boxed figures. While I like the look and the articulation, I feel I am getting a much better deal with Mega Construx MOTU for $5 a figure (plus they are not blind boxed). Loyal Subject makes exclusives (and certain characters) way too hard to get and this kills my enjoyment of collecting MOTU Loyal Subjects. I would have love to get a Man-E-Faces Maskor variant but the odds and cost of getting him are not worth my time and effort.
    MOTU Vintage Visual Figure Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

MOTUC from Vintage Visual Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

My Feedback Thread

I hope we hear something at SDCC, these were some of my favourite figures from last year.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Fist View Post
    I've resisted buying these because I dislike blind boxed stuff in general-- if I'm expected to shell out money for a chance at getting the thing I want, it needs to be under $5 to keep it right in that impulse buy zone-- and I felt they were overpriced for what they were. However, seeing the remaining five boxed figures on clearance at Walmart today, I went ahead and picked 'em up since they were cheap. I mainly just wanted the villains, and I wound up with a pretty nice set, but I must be the only person on earth who'd get irritated at getting a chase figure instead of Skeletor! They have more articulation than I expected, though Tri-Klops' legs don't move inward, so he's stuck in a weird kinda crab-legged pose. I'll try to snag a Skeletor and Trap Jaw cheap, and then I can call this collection complete, since I don't feel I have to have all the others.
    https://i.imgur.com/c3zHl5A.jpg
    I unexpectedly got Trap Jaw, Beastman and Tri-Klops, which my daughter love to play with. They are designed nicely but the plastic joints are not really sturdy and tend to stuck. It's hard to find one locally and there was a loose skeletor that was offered but way too overpriced (24usd). I really don't desire acquiring more.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

I would absolutely love it if they made more but I am quite pleased with the ones that I have acquired.

20180704_131620.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    I'm starting to wonder if there will actually be a wave 2 at this point. The wave 1 MOTU figures are starting to show up everywhere at clearance prices, and seems to be a lot of them. So I'm not sure how well they sold. Add to that, Loyal Subjects is expanding to a lot of other licenses, so I'm wondering if they'll abandon MOTU. I hope not.
    That would be a bummer for sure... where about are they showing up for clearance? Places like Big Lots? Where I live pretty much sucks for toys; I only saw these guys for the first time a few months ago, the mega construx figures never appeared, etc., so I donít expect to spot them but itíd be cool...

I really hated these at first due to how ugly the human faces are, but I ended up falling for the villains. Major bummer that there is no Mer Man....yet (fingers crossed)

Quote Originally Posted by soundwavempl View Post
    I would have bought a lot more blind boxes if they were $8 or less. $12-$15 is too much for blind boxed figures. While I like the look and the articulation, I feel I am getting a much better deal with Mega Construx MOTU for $5 a figure (plus they are not blind boxed). Loyal Subject makes exclusives (and certain characters) way too hard to get and this kills my enjoyment of collecting MOTU Loyal Subjects. I would have love to get a Man-E-Faces Maskor variant but the odds and cost of getting him are not worth my time and effort.
    I agree with you on the price; eBay ends up being the smarter option for these as thereís no risk of getting stuck with duplicates. I personally donít mind if recolors are hard to get unless itís the ďnormalĒ one thatís scarce. Making unique characters (hi Faker) difficult to get is super lame. (I donít really put Anti He-Man in that same category as heís more of an Easter egg for the hardest of the hardcore IMO)

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    That would be a bummer for sure... where about are they showing up for clearance? Places like Big Lots? Where I live pretty much sucks for toys; I only saw these guys for the first time a few months ago, the mega construx figures never appeared, etc., so I donít expect to spot them but itíd be cool...

I really hated these at first due to how ugly the human faces are, but I ended up falling for the villains. Major bummer that there is no Mer Man....yet (fingers crossed)

I agree with you on the price; eBay ends up being the smarter option for these as thereís no risk of getting stuck with duplicates. I personally donít mind if recolors are hard to get unless itís the ďnormalĒ one thatís scarce. Making unique characters (hi Faker) difficult to get is super lame. (I donít really put Anti He-Man in that same category as heís more of an Easter egg for the hardest of the hardcore IMO)
    Not sure if it's still up, but Game Stop did have them online for about $5 a piece. I also heard TJ Maxx had them though I have not gone to one to check. Of course Toys R Us I think too, but that's more for obvious reasons. I belong to a Loyal Subjects Facebook group and have seen some people post getting tons of cases of them (not just MOTU) so I assume they got them at some kind of clearance price.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Most wanted: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) Masks of Power Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha, 21) Stridor, 22) Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 23) ABC Giants

39381847-7CD6-47F4-B1F2-F5A2CF8F2AE8.jpg found wave 1 at GameStop on clearance pulled a double and had to make a custom
    Is not not licking toads

I dig these; I only have a few, but like others said - the full price is too much. I need to see if there's a Gamestop around me.

These little guys are awesome but too much money to take a chance with a double. I bought two of them from Walmart and ended up getting Tri-Klops and Trap Jaw. Also, these things weren't out very long. You can't sell blind box figures for $13. That's way too much money. Companies have to remember, at the end of the day, this is just an awesome 3- inch action figure. I've seen some foolish people spend more than a couple hundred dollars on a whole box of these things. They're out of their minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Palazzolor View Post
    These little guys are awesome but too much money to take a chance with a double. I bought two of them from Walmart and ended up getting Tri-Klops and Trap Jaw. Also, these things weren't out very long. You can't sell blind box figures for $13. That's way too much money. Companies have to remember, at the end of the day, this is just an awesome 3- inch action figure. I've seen some foolish people spend more than a couple hundred dollars on a whole box of these things. They're out of their minds.
    I agree, which is why I only have three of these figures so far. When I went to Power Con this year, I was sure that SOMEONE would have opened versions of these to sell - but, from every table I searched, that did not seem to be the case. I don't think I found a single table that had singles of these already opened.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    I agree, which is why I only have three of these figures so far. When I went to Power Con this year, I was sure that SOMEONE would have opened versions of these to sell - but, from every table I searched, that did not seem to be the case. I don't think I found a single table that had singles of these already opened.
    Yeah, that's weird that no one had open figures, especially AT Power Con. I would be hesitant to buy another one unopened even though since I only have 2 of them, the chances are pretty good at getting a different one. What I was going to do at the time that I bought these two from Walmart was go to Target or Toys R Us and get a couple more from one of those stores. As you probably already know, the ones they sold at Walmart and Target or Toys R Us were variants so I wouldn't have minded if I got another Tri-Klops or Trap Jaw because I knew they'd be variants I didn't have.

I was looking on ebay the other day and I did find some open ones for a couple dollars better than $13. Bidding probably hadn't ended yet but you never know.

Yeah, that's weird that no one had open figures, especially AT Power Con. I would be hesitant to buy another one unopened even though since I only have 2 of them, the chances are pretty good at getting a different one. What I was going to do at the time that I bought these two from Walmart was go to Target or Toys R Us and get a couple more from one of those stores. As you probably already know, the ones they sold at Walmart and Target or Toys R Us were variants so I wouldn't have minded if I got another Tri-Klops or Trap Jaw because I knew they'd be variants I didn't have.

I was looking on ebay the other day and I did find some open ones for a couple dollars better than $13. Bidding probably hadn't ended yet but you never know.
    eBay is probably where I will be going for open ones as well.

After hunting several local game stops (and not finding any), my wife (who works in the toy business), got it "on good word" that this is it - there will be no "Wave 2" unless something drastic happens.

After hunting several local game stops (and not finding any), my wife (who works in the toy business), got it "on good word" that this is it - there will be no "Wave 2" unless something drastic happens.
    Oh that stinks. You know, it's funny and I'm sure there's some political answer to this that makes no sense but if they weren't so expensive...5 or 6 dollars, I would have bought many more regardless of the doubles I got. But like many companies do, they'd rather not make any more product instead of dropping their prices. Companies have to realize that most people just don't have that kind of money to be spending on 3 inch blind box vinyl figures. It's sad actually.

Oh that stinks. You know, it's funny and I'm sure there's some political answer to this that makes no sense but if they weren't so expensive...5 or 6 dollars, I would have bought many more regardless of the doubles I got. But like many companies do, they'd rather not make any more product instead of dropping their prices. Companies have to realize that most people just don't have that kind of money to be spending on 3 inch blind box vinyl figures. It's sad actually.
    I agree. I am sure the reasoning for the cost is, people would buy more, and thus the "Rares" wouldn't be all that rare - so there'd be no big supply and demand of people buying to get the "Rares."

It's a stupid idea, because then what happens is - someone buys a few, and gets sick of the duplicates they get at 12 bucks a pop. And so it dies down very quickly.

There's a Loyal Subjects Facebook page where enthusiastic collectors frequently trade and sell open figures. I managed to complete my MOTU and ThunderCats sets there.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Last Defender of Trolla Wandering Star's Avatar
    Halfway between Trolla and Eorzea (Salem, MA)
    ...my wife (who works in the toy business), got it "on good word" that this is it - there will be no "Wave 2" unless something drastic happens.
    So these got scuttled, then? More's the pity; this is where I would have jumped in.
    • IF HARMONY IS THE KEY, THEN WHAT THE FRICK IS THE LOCK?
    • Mo-Larr is canon. Montork is not. Seriously, just WHAT.
    • (This User is Powered By Sarcasm, Autism, Trollan Magic and Just Plain Stubbornness)

Kind of contradictory information here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BnrzY-ZH...=1slnd1ngzvd1k
    News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast

Interesting! My wife's contact may have been blowing smoke up her rump, then! I'd definitely be more inclined to believe the official Instagram page... but the person that my wife knows was one of the Loyal Subjects main vendors (who pre-orders for like Gamestop, Walmart, etc), so he should know if there's more coming out, as he's the go between!

Thanks for the post, Melkor23. I hope it is OK if I post the replies from the thread:

"theloyalsubjects: lol, we love rumors! These (will) be available at stores before Christmas."

"theloyalsubjects: we usually don’t post official news until we get closer to the dates..."

Sounds like Wave 2 is on the way, maybe "on the water"; kind of like the updates those of us who have pre-ordered from the Four Horsemen get. I hope Wave 2 will pass customs quickly and find their way into...some retailer...somewhere...before X-Mas! Gotta get that Fisto! And Zodac! And Battlecat...hmm, need to prioritize things... .
    2018 Super7 Dream: Filmation FISTO with chrome fist!

Quote Originally Posted by Dokto View Post

Sounds like Wave 2 is on the way, maybe "on the water"; kind of like the updates those of us who have pre-ordered from the Four Horsemen get. I hope Wave 2 will pass customs quickly and find their way into...some retailer...somewhere...before X-Mas! Gotta get that Fisto! And Zodac! And Battlecat...hmm, need to prioritize things... .
    Hope so! All that is missing is an official press release from LS about wave 2.