Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Loyal Subjects Action Vinyls: Masters of the Universe - Wave 1

Master of Disasters MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Wow! Very excited for these little guys!!
    MOST WANTED: Filmation Whiplash, Filmation Ram Man, Filmation Two-Bad, Filmation Buzz-Off, Filmation Sy-Klone, Ice Armor He-Man

Yes, Joe Allard has done a super job designing these. Can't wait!

Ok, these are going to be awesome!

Crap.......now I have to buy these.....

Heroic Warrior
    $13 for an unarticulated 3" figure... makes MOTUC seem downright cheap

Fortunately, the action vinyls are VERY articulatred (looking at their TMNT and Power ranger line). It is AMAZING how much articulation they have managed to cram into such a small size. I was skeptical and "risked" getting one of them and now I am anxiously awaiting the new line (and yes I am a major MOTUC fan of course).

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvik View Post
    Fortunately, the action vinyls are VERY articulatred (looking at their TMNT and Power ranger line). It is AMAZING how much articulation they have managed to cram into such a small size. I was skeptical and "risked" getting one of them and now I am anxiously awaiting the new line (and yes I am a major MOTUC fan of course).
    That's good to know. I was looking at the TMNT figures... the other major turnoff is the blind bag nature of the figures... at BBTS it's $210 for a blind box of 16 with no guarantee of getting all 11 figures...

Some reviewers I have read claimed that when you buy a case you are pretty much guarenteed all of the regular figures except the hardest to find exclusives (1 of 100 or something...lol). Otherwise, I;ve seen (at least with TMNT and power rangers) that Ebay users are anxious to dump their double figures (and I am sure the Marketplace here on the Org will become a similar, if not better alternative) for those who don't want to go the full case route. What I am curious about is how easy to customize these will be since the possibilities are great in this scale...

Heroic Warrior
    Some reviewers I have read claimed that when you buy a case you are pretty much guarenteed all of the regular figures except the hardest to find exclusives (1 of 100 or something...lol). Otherwise, I;ve seen (at least with TMNT and power rangers) that Ebay users are anxious to dump their double figures (and I am sure the Marketplace here on the Org will become a similar, if not better alternative) for those who don't want to go the full case route. What I am curious about is how easy to customize these will be since the possibilities are great in this scale...
    I'd gladly pay 100-110 for the 8 basics plus April... but $210... not so much.

On the loyal subjects site, they list a Power Rangers case for $224 but that is for 16 figures .. and the wave was 11 or 12. They say that it includes "Commons (2 per case of 16), Including three chase figures - 1/24, 1/48 and 1/96). " so I guess the Motu line will be similar. My luck I would probably get a double or two but again, between Ebay and the Org's marketplace, I am not worried ... but that's just me. Given the fact that a single wave is a dozen or so figures, I'm hoping they get a great response so we can at least get two waves out of these (if not more, lol).

From Nerdrahtio:

They have the MOTU license now, hints at a couple of castles, so those too will have playsets and vehicles !

Desire for Battle Cat to be mountable so He-man can ride him.

Last edited by foots_mcgee; May 27, 2015 at 07:16pm.

If u notice on the Man-E-Faces sketch...

At the top you can motu-faker...

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Glad we're getting Tri-Klops in this, he looks awesome

I hope we get Evil-Lyn and Teela too.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Master of Disasters MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    I hope we get some or all of: Stinkor, Mer-Man, Whiplash, Buzz-Off, Ram Man, and Two-Bad.
    MOST WANTED: Filmation Whiplash, Filmation Ram Man, Filmation Two-Bad, Filmation Buzz-Off, Filmation Sy-Klone, Ice Armor He-Man

I can see me picking up some of these, I don't think I'd be up for a box full but I'd have a few blind bags and seeing what doubles people would want rid of. The fact that they seem to have a decent amount of articulation for their size is definitely a plus for me.

Wow...I'm not usually interested in vinyls but these seem great with the articulation. I could definitely see these sitting on my desk at work.

Loyal Subjects' figures are vinyl in the loosest sense of the word. I think their previous lines are okay, I am still rather turned off of them from their Transformers series, particularly Series 2 & 3, where everything was super delicate feeling and could break if you looked at it wrong.

I would much prefer if Funko did a set of mystery minis with the license since I like their art style with their blind box figures a lot more.

I wonder if that's why they changed their format (to the new action vinyls) with the Power Rangers, TMNT (and soon to be MOTU). Having bought a few as a test, I can say that they are SUPER durable (can't speak for the earlier style Transformers). I understand they are re-doing the GI Joe line in the new action vinyl format.

As far as Funko goes, while I really like the POPS (even though they have no articulation other than the heads turn), the biggest knock against Funko as a company is that they will mercillessly cancel a line without even nearly completing a set i.e. in classic Trek we got Kirk, Spock and Scotty but NO McCoy, Chekhov, Sulu or Uhura. In the Power Rangers we only got the Red, Pink, and White Rangers. And of course in MOTU, we just got He-Man, She-Ra, Skeletor, Hordak and Spikor (huh??). Sorry, but I have MUCH more hope that Loyal Subjects will give us a decent (and more complete assortment). And I bought all of the mentioned Funko POPS... and was disappointed they ended each line early.
    Last edited by Torvik; May 26, 2015 at 04:27pm.

As far as Funko goes, while I really like the POPS (even though they have no articulation other than the heads turn), the biggest knock against Funko as a company is that they will mercillessly cancel a line without even nearly completing a set i.e. in classic Trek we got Kirk, Spock and Scotty but NO McCoy, Chekhov, Sulu or Uhura. In the Power Rangers we only got the Red, Pink, and White Rangers. And of course in MOTU, we just got He-Man, She-Ra, Skeletor, Hordak and Spikor (huh??). Sorry, but I have MUCH more hope that Loyal Subjects will give us a decent (and more complete assortment). And I bought all of the mentioned Funko POPS... and was disappointed they ended each line early.
    That is the right word. They basically give a license a single turn at-bat, and if the sales aren't there, they get dropped like a hot potato. Another example: the ThunderCats POPs included Lion-O, Panthro, Cheetara, Snarf and Mumm-Ra, then quit without releasing a Tygra.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

YES!!!!

I can't speak to the Transformers line (not into the look of those) but the action vinyls have been great quality.
    The TMNT are SO freaking cute and awesome all at the same time. I have high hopes for MOTU!!

Those Transformer ones look to be a completely different line to the Turtles and Power Rangers ones.

Also...
    I just thought...
    These will be taller than Mini-Mates and with articulation.
    After S&H of the Mini-Mates 2 of the Action Vinyls will end up the same price!

Based on the most recent TMNT and Power Rangers series, it looks like there will be 16 count cases. The assortment will include 8 regular characters (2/16) and 3 chase characters (1/24, 1/48, 1/96). The chase characters will probably be unique characters and not repaints.

So far we know:
    He-Man
    Skeletor
    Trapjaw
    Tri-Klops
    Stratos
    Man-E-Faces
    Faker (Filename seen in Man-E-Faces pic)

Hmmm I wonder who the other four could be.

Part of me looks forward to these and another part of me dreads the chase figures.

From the unboxings I've watched it seems there is one chase figure per case. So you get two of all of the regular assortment except the one who is replaced by the chase figure.
    Last edited by foots_mcgee; May 27, 2015 at 11:22pm.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by foots_mcgee View Post
    Based on the most recent TMNT and Power Rangers series, it looks like there will be 16 count cases. The assortment will include 8 regular characters (2/16) and 3 chase characters (1/24, 1/48, 1/96). The chase characters will probably be unique characters and not repaints.

So far we know:
    He-Man
    Skeletor
    Trapjaw
    Tri-Klops
    Stratos
    Man-E-Faces
    Faker (Filename seen in Man-E-Faces pic)

Hmmm I wonder who the other four could be.

Part of me looks forward to these and another part of me dreads the chase figures.

From the unboxings I've watched it seems there is one chase figure per case. So you get two of all of the regular assortment except the one who is replaced by the chase figure.
    I think the chases for MOTU will be Faker and perhaps, the Goddess if they do a Teela.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |