Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What book concept should Dark Horse Books publish next?

Quote Originally Posted by Imp11 View Post
    I want Encyclopedia of characters that contains MOTUC biographies and etc.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^...this
    Danielsan52

HELP! The Devil's in my Car!!
    The B-52's

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    yes...that's what id like too !!!!!

a toy guide would be great as well...
    GIMME TOYS!-

With character designs and new artwork by Axel....
    Danielsan52

HELP! The Devil's in my Car!!
    The B-52's

The two I'd like to see the most would be the often requested comics from UK, magazines, MVCreations, ect and an encyclopedia that covers all characters, beasts, vehicles and places of interest from the cartoons, comics and everything else in the MOTU/POP lore.
    Put the Image/MVCreations comics on Comixology please!

I think a toy catalog that includes every figure from vintage, NA, Princess of Power, 200x and Classics line would be awesome. Sprinkle in concept art and in package photos along with loose photos. I would be all over that!

Chris
    Is not not licking toads

The next book should be on the tv series,the four motu tv series.Cartoon guides, art, trivia, backgrounds, cells, interviews ,etc

I think this would be the most reasonable in commercial terms.

Heroic Warrior
    Good thread. After getting the superb MOTU mini-comics book from DH & seeing how well it was put together/formatted, I have no doubt that DH could do a great job if they reprinted other MOTU comics.

My first choice for a new MOTU book would be one (probably more than one) reprinting the '80's MOTU UK comics. I had a couple of these back in the day, and really enjoyed them. These are probably the most obscure out of all the MOTU comic related material, so it would be great to see these available. I only had 1-2 of these back in the day; they were very tough to find in the U.S.

Would also like to see Marvel's Star comics MOTU series reprinted; I had some of these back in the day, but have no idea where they are now.

1) COLLECTORS GUIDE to MOTU FIGURES
    Iconic, staggeringly successful toys. Just ask Honda. Every kid owned a MOTU figure. Now a burgeoning collector market persists. Seriously, where's this book?

2) MOTU ANIMATED SERIES GUIDE
    Briefly touched on in the "Art of MOTU" book. Dark Horse should commission James Eatock to give this the royal "coffee table book" treatment it deserves.

3) UK COMIC & MOTU MAGAZINE COMPILATION
    Some truly great work here...as deserving of re-publication as the Mini-Comics. Don't forget the Golden books.

4) MOTU CHARACTER ENCYCLOPEDIA
    This would make for good bathroom reading!

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by man-e-faces View Post
    My first choice for a new MOTU book would be one (probably more than one) reprinting the '80's MOTU UK comics. I had a couple of these back in the day, and really enjoyed them. These are probably the most obscure out of all the MOTU comic related material, so it would be great to see these available.
    Well, since the UK Comics have been available to read online at Org for many years now (as well as couple other places), they haven't been all that obscure for some time now.

Especially if you compare things like the brazilian Estrela minicomics, which still to this day are not all available fully. Or the MOTU newspaper comic strips...
    He-Man & She-Ra fan and contributor to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

I would so go for a character guide or an MOTU/POP animated series guide. Both excellent ideas.

Dynasty Masters Universe DynastyMasters's Avatar
    Is it legally possible to put the DC and Marvel/Star comics together in one book? Can permission be given? Or does it have to be two books? Can The Secret of the Sword comic book from Mattel/Filmation that was distributed at theatres be put in the book with the DC and Marvel/Star comics?

01. DC COMICS PRESENTS SUPERMAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE: FROM ETERNIA WITH DEATH!
    02. SPECIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE PREVIEW: FATE IS THE KILLER!
    03. TO TEMPT THE GODS
    04. THE KEY TO CASTLE GRAYSKULL
    05. WITHIN THESE WALLS… ARMAGEDDON

06. HE-MAN AND SHE-RA: THE SECRET OF THE SWORD

07. MARVEL AGE: HE-MAN MUSCLES IN ON MARVEL!
    08. THE COMING OF HORDAK
    09. FALLING STARS
    10. THE GARDEN OF EVIL
    11. SNAKES ALIVE!
    12. MONSTROID
    13. FROM HERE TO ETERNIA
    14. LONG LIVE THE KING
    15. THE GATEWAY
    16. THE HATE STONES!
    17. COURAGE
    18. WHOSE ENEMY AM I ANYWAY
    19. THE MOTION PICTURE
    20. LIFETIME: PART ONE
    21. LIFETIME: PART TWO
    Last edited by DynastyMasters; November 14, 2015 at 05:21am.
    DYNASTY AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE
    http://www.dynastyandthemastersofthe...e.blogspot.com

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Well, since the UK Comics have been available to read online at Org for many years now (as well as couple other places), they haven't been all that obscure for some time now.
    You're right - however, though the MOTU UK comics are available to read online on this site, when the individual pages are opened up the pages are still quite small & hard to read. So, it would be nice to have these reprinted in a book full-size - or at least regular comic-book sized.

A character guide with toy pictures.

A combined collection of the largest comic book series, the UK Masters of the Universe, Princess of Power, He-Man Adventure & NA themed He-Man adventure!

A combined volume of the U.S. MOTU & POP magazines!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

I realize that the poll ended a while ago, but I just wanted to share my interests.

There are lots of things that I would love; like a comic strip collection, golden books, Marvel DC collection, MOTU magazine etc, but the number one thing I want is a proper collection of ALL of the vintage box art, including all of the cross sell figure paintings and the simpler hand drawn images like the ones on the back of the Slime Pit, as well as the art at the top of the card backs for the figures, and all in a proper size to appreciate the work. I would like to see the images that require two pages to utilize a fold out, rather than having the center of the image be ruined by the center of the book. I was excited for the Mattel art book until I found out it would be devoid of these images, and I was really, really let down when the Dark Horse art book also skimped on the box art. I really hope that this eventually gets a release.

Dynasty Masters Universe DynastyMasters's Avatar
    Can all of the GOLDEN coloring books be put into one book?
    http://www.he-man.org/publishing/sub...?id=17&subid=3
    DYNASTY AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE
    http://www.dynastyandthemastersofthe...e.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by DynastyMasters View Post
    Can all of the GOLDEN coloring books be put into one book?
    http://www.he-man.org/publishing/sub...?id=17&subid=3
    Coloring books for adults are huge now. This is a great idea.
    Obey the whip! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/ak...smiley-039.gif

Smile like you mean it.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

It's true. An adult MOTU coloring book could be the oyster's ice skates.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Publish that 200X sourcebook that never got finished! We only got issue #1 of 5.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Yeah I like that too

- - - Updated - - -

I would like all the hard cover books put in one from the 80s. And all the posters that were in the magazine all in one book..

The reprint of the minicomics has led to me dusting off the handful of UK Magazines that I have and giving them a quick look-through again, as well as returning back here to the 'org for the first time in quite a while.

Does anyone know if Egmont (London Edition Magazines) have been asked about doing a collected reprint of the UK Magazine series? I note that they have a section on their website to request permission to reuse their material (https://www.egmont.co.uk/permissions/).

Cheers.

We'll have to see what Dark Horse does. I doubt they'd reveal plans for a UK magazine collection until they were ready.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

I would love a book dedicated to the reprinting of all those posters in the magazines. Make them giant folded pull out posters so they could be framed and hung for display.
    Ye be strong, but Garn shall win. HIYAH!

After the Filmation guide I'd like a guide book dealing with NA and 200X.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    It's true. An adult MOTU coloring book could be the oyster's ice skates.
    So funny, I came into this thread to suggest this very thing after just ordering a coloring book for my wife for Christmas.

A MOTU adult coloring book would rock.