View Poll Results: Wiould you buy MOTUC third party?

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

91 66.91%
  • No

8 5.88%
  • Maybe

36 26.47%
  • Never

1 0.74%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you buy a Third Party MOTUC products?

Heroic Warrior
    As long as it integrates with my current motuc; my answer is a no brainier yes: I am in it for He Man and the MU not for Mattel.

Never. I don't like customs or fan creations, doesn't matter how good they look.
    I have seen what others have not seen!

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    I will say that I would hesitate to buy anything that is 3D printed. The texture always seems to come out kind of rough.
    It varies by what kind of material you use.

I've always had very good luck with everything while I've seen others that look horrible. IMO, the "bad" stuff is usually from people going cheap on the material.

Heroic Warrior
    I will say that I would hesitate to buy anything that is 3D printed. The texture always seems to come out kind of rough.
    That's the beauty of 3rd party manufacturers, its not always that 3D printed stuff you see in fan made stores, they actually go into full factory production and create durable products that rival the toy giants.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AT-Man View Post
    Never. I don't like customs or fan creations, doesn't matter how good they look.
    Well its a good thing that we're not talking about either of those things here.

Say hello to your Mighty Spector for me.

I voted "Maybe" because I cannot in good faith answer "Yes" because it's not like I would buy everything. As it stands of course I would, if it were good enough and priced to my tastes. With Spymonkey I supported them as much as I could when it was clearly MOTUC specific stuff and I never regretted that. The later original stuff they made maybe a little, but the original stuff not at all.

As it stands the only thing keeping me from getting most conversion kits is waiting to see if we get an official one first. Same with accessories and non character stuff like playsets, ect.

That and the cost. I am not saying this beautiful artwork is not worth what they charge, only that I cannot afford it.

So in the future I hope this booming artwork field of custom Masters stuff keeps going because it is awesome and when/if this line is done, or when/if I can afford some of this stuff, I really hope I can get some.

At the same time it's not like I am dying to purchase a very good but 3rd party Stridor. But I am also not technically against it. If I can afford it, which I imagine I would not be able to.

Perfect example is there are quite a number of 3rd party made Transformers items, which I love dearly. The cost is ridiculously high however, and though I completely understand with why that is, it is easily prohibitive for me. So would I buy? Yes, I dream of some of these things. Could I buy? I dont think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobra Khan View Post
    A 3rd party MOTUC Stridor/Nightstalker or Snake Mountain? If Mattel doesn't produce them, my answer is YES!
    A third party Stridor and Night Stalker exists. The names are changed for obvious reasons. Stridor is named War Horse, Night Stalker is named Equinox. The guy even reused the mold to make a Snake Men and a Horde variant. Those are called Harbinger and Usurper; I can't recall which is which. Look up Don Schomer on Facebook.

Heroic Warrior
    Yep, already have. And will continue to buy, for as long as possible.
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Sometimes the fans do what Mattel won't... So tempted by some of those Filmation Skeletor heads.
    I went third party for my Ninjor nunchaku and I love them more than the MOTUC Nunchaku.
    some fan made weapons are amazeballs!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Crita is coming... Now I NEED SONGSTER! The Awesometastic Bard!

absolutely yes!
    Thundercats Hooooooooooo!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Yes!
    And I already have bought some third party stuff already.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, King Miro, Melaktha, Crystal-Man, ABC Giants, Stridor, Road Ripper, Land Shark

No Red Beast, We Riot! Whiplash7's Avatar
    Yes! I fully support and purchase 3rd party items. They add to various figures/playsets, and enhance the MOTUC collection as a whole. In my mind, some of them might as well be official items as I consider them to be part of the MOTUC collection.

Let's start with a piece that was absolutely necessary: Badvermin's manhole cover for CG. I cannot imagine Castle Grayskull without it, or something similar. Mattel's not making it, so why not get it? It's a great piece, looks good, and fixes a problem.

Then we have Spy Monkey Creations weapons, great all around. They seemingly do not make weapons for 7'' figures anymore, and I have all their glyos stuff, so I'm on a pretty serious hunt for their old stuff that I never got. I've had great success finding some, not so great with others, but determined to get what I need.

DJ Force and evilmike also make great pieces, some of which I plan to buy. More Castle Grayskull pieces, or weapons like crossbows for Horde members, that Mattel didn't make (and likely won't). I'm into it, man.

So, yes...I love 3rd party stuff and look forward to more!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Yes! I fully support and purchase 3rd party items. They add to various figures/playsets, and enhance the MOTUC collection as a whole. In my mind, some of them might as well be official items as I consider them to be part of the MOTUC collection.

Let's start with a piece that was absolutely necessary: Badvermin's manhole cover for CG. I cannot imagine Castle Grayskull without it, or something similar. Mattel's not making it, so why not get it? It's a great piece, looks good, and fixes a problem.

Then we have Spy Monkey Creations weapons, great all around. They seemingly do not make weapons for 7'' figures anymore, and I have all their glyos stuff, so I'm on a pretty serious hunt for their old stuff that I never got. I've had great success finding some, not so great with others, but determined to get what I need.

DJ Force and evilmike also make great pieces, some of which I plan to buy. More Castle Grayskull pieces, or weapons like crossbows for Horde members, that Mattel didn't make (and likely won't). I'm into it, man.

So, yes...I love 3rd party stuff and look forward to more!

As a TMNT fan, I've seen that there's this really amazing Krang Android toy, I think its called NT-Cerebral. It blows anything else out of the water. I've seen some reviews of it, and its really impressive, the level of detail, the creative choices made to give it some extra textures and character. I can see these 3P items taking off.

Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    absolutely yes!
    That's the spirit we're looking for! Third party items rock!

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    Yes!
    And I already have bought some third party stuff already.
    What have you bought?

I voted maybe b/c it depends on quality... so I could have voted yes. Its probabl the oly way I'll get the correct chest armor with the off set 200X Snake Armor chest armor for my classics SA He-man.

Not figures, no. I don't like buying 3P Transformers unless it's a necessity in my MP collection... But for MOTU, no, nothing third party would be needed as i have no necessities for the brand, except a Filmation Attak Trak, and I'll just do without if Mattel never makes it.

Parts, yes, i would.
    Recent.... HATMOTU Beast Man & Evil Seed
    Coming....
    Wanted.... Filmation Mer-Man, Teela & Sorceress
    Considering....
    Needed.... MOTUC Lord Masque

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Im not suggesting any 3D printed items, but actual injection molded items of the same quality as (or that much freaking better than) Mattel's, but with the flexibility that a 3rd party company can do.

Oh hell yes!

It's not like it's taking any of my money away from Mattel. I still fully support their MOTU output, but a lot of the stuff I want is so obscure, Mattel would never make it.

And I'm also all in favour of fan-created "expanded universe" type original stuff.

Mattel just can't make this stuff fast enough for me, so by all means, bring it on!!!
    My MOTU most wanted: Slime Pit Bone Warriors, Major Header, Catra Cat Form, Lady Slither, Hunga the Harpy, Satma, Great Black Wizard, King Miro, Sha'gora, Mask of Power Demons, Red Knight, Beast Lord, Illumina, Lady Valtira, armored Crita, Old Man Marzo 200X, Teela 200X, Skeletor52, Teela52, Hans Hammer Holder, Robowoman, Bubblor, Movie Troopers, Movie Beastman, Goddess52, Red Beast

I already bought third party MOTUC items;
    A Castle Grayskull manhole cover and
    Original weapons from SpyMonkey before the Glyos stuff.

When the line fully dies and if it's still incomplete; I hope there are still releases in some form to complete things like NA.
    The line has come too far not to be fully complete.
    MOTU WANTS: Songster "Kevin Corrigan", Kittrina, Illumina, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Drissi, Caz Spritina, Sprag, Sprocker, Hunga the Harpy, Green Reptile Mask of Power Demon, Purple Wolf Mask of Power Demon, Lizorr, Hoove, Butthead, Staghorn, Colonel Blast, Monster Riders of Morc
    FILMATION: Battle Cat, Ram Man, Stratos Whiplash
    =>MOTU-Classics-Checklist

Yes I would, they have really done some great stuff for Transformers, so it would be cool to see what they could come up with for He-meister, even thought they are very hard on the wallet!

Widget
    My dream would be to see Four Horsemen Studios doing MOTUC-compatible Warrior Beasts, Sun-Man, Galaxy Warriors and other vintage KO lines. But if/when Mattel decides to stop making MOTUC-compatible items and some industrious 2nd or 3rd party company wants to fill in some holes, I'd be all for it.

I would...and i do...
    GIMME TOYS!-

3rd Party creations are ideal where we most likely not get official product. With Transformers, the 3rd party market actually drove the Masterpiece lines to up the engineering to compete. I am already using other things like the Rampage movie creatures and Mythic Legions to expand the MOTU universe.
    Things we could highly benefit from 3rd Party would be:
    Generic creatures like demons, gnolls, trolls, and such
    Background characters like Gargons, Kobolds, a Glorm, Ape clansmen, Snake clansmen, etc.
    Background set pieces like weapon racks, tables, mystic machines, etc.
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

If it filled a gap...
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

http://give.transplants.org/goto/justintrease

Court Magician
    Yes. Definitely yes. I don't collect figures in that I want all MOTUC figures or have the goal to have all figures. As someone who grew up on Filmation, Filmation being MY He-Man, I have no interest in New Adventures, Space Mutants and some of the 200X stuff. I'm just a guy with shelves full of He-Man figures that I like. If there is something else that looks cool on that shelf of figures, I buy it. I already buy custom heads and whatnot. I already buy figures from other series like Despara and Horde Wraith's who have nothing to do with MY He-Man so may as well just be custom figures to go with my figures on my shelf. I buy them because they look cool and fit right in with my figures. If something looks cool, fits in with my figures and I like it I'll buy it.

Heroic Warrior
    We need more MOTUC Castle Grayskull add-ons!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

No doubt. The Mythic Legions inspired figures are 3rd party and I like those 1,000x's more than anything super7 is putting out right now.
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdoobs