Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sideshow Masters of the Universe Collection

Heroic Warrior
    I'd be lying if I said they didn't look good. Definitely peaked my interest. Just need to see the price tag

Good god.

Two of arguably the best modern MOTU fan artists (Stjepan Sejic and Dave Rapoza) are designing officially licensed high-end collectibles from two very good companies. I might cry.
    Last edited by Krueger; July 8, 2015 at 09:14pm.

Heroic Warrior
    They're beautiful! Damn you Sideshow!!!!!!!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Man, these look good. But with both these AND 1/6 scale figures coming from Mondo... probably can't do both.
    Upcoming MOTU-inspired Graphic Novel: www.eonquest.com

WOW! I love these designs!!!!
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

I don't think there is a price that would keep me from that Skeletor - maybe even both. Now to convince my wife I don't have a problem.

Ah.
    May.
    ZING.

Attached Images Attached Images

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Mother of God!!! The level of detail is insane!!!! Stjepan is going to drive me crazy with his MOTU stuff! Mattel, please just give him already the chance to redesign all the MOTU characters!

I'm generally a fan of only classic or very close to classic versions of these characters.

That does not apply however when they look this good lol.

/bought

Unbelievable! If these were the movie designs, I'd be thrilled.

Might have to take out a second mortgage to get these!
    Hey Super 7, Snake Mountain rocks! Let's Kickstart it!

Kickin' It Old Skool! Alex The Kid's Avatar
    These are blowing my mind. Beautiful sculpts! I'd like to see Skeletor with his traditional blue skin though.

My wallet isn't going to survive this onslaught

If the price is right...I'm in!!

These look really great. I'm not much for redesigns but these designs are gorgeous. They highlight the very essence of the character...something the DC designs do not.

Just imagine the design of Man-at-Arms ,Hordak ,Teela and others characters on this collection.

They are both VERY cool, but I almost wish they had made Skeletor with a powder blue body with lots of veining , kinda like it was a walking corpse..... the dark color is a bit strange to me....

Master of Disasters MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    They look awesome, but I am running out of room and already run out of money. lol.
    MOST WANTED: Filmation Whiplash, Filmation Ram Man, Filmation Two-Bad, Filmation Buzz-Off, Filmation Sy-Klone, Ice Armor He-Man

These are awesome statues from an artistic and sculpting stand point. The Level of detail is amazing.
    However, I'm not feeling these. At all. To my personal taste they are way too modern. They don't look like MOTU to me.
    Awesome sticker included!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    These are awesome statues from an artistic and sculpting stand point. The Level of detail is amazing.
    However, I'm not feeling these. At all. To my personal taste they are way too modern. They don't look like MOTU to me.
    Unfortunately MOTU needs desperately a breath of fresh air in order to survive as a franchise. The Classic image of the MOTU characters may still appear fundamental for defining the franchise to us the old time fans, but seems to fail to attract new fans, customers, followers anymore.

When i saw these pictures, i did an experiment. I show them to my 12 and 14 years old nephews, and instantly they asked me who these characters are, if there is any media, comic book or film about them, etc. In few words they got interested. Also when the images of these statues have been brought on the FB pages, they got a high number of Likes. To me this means that MOTU need fresh stuff like that, new takes on the main characters that can appear more appealing to the masses, in order to create and shape a new generation of fandom.
    Last edited by granamyr80; July 9, 2015 at 06:41am.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    OMG, that Skeletor is a masterpiece! I simply have to have that, no questions.

He-Man looks spectacular too. I'm so glad MOTU has joined Sideshow, I've always loved their products.

I'm getting excited for other characters now...Teela, Hordak, Sorceress, Trap-Jaw!!
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ironman's Avatar
    They are very nice peices. The only problem in my eyes is that they are not He-man and Skeletor. Way too off for my liking. Easy pass but am happy for those who are digging them.
    Ironmans Want List:

MOTUC: I want them all!!!!!!

Classic Line: Battle Ram, Wind Raider, Tower Tools, Eternia, Laser Power He-man, Laser Light Skeletor, Tytus and Megator.

Widget

Impressive

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalThrasher View Post
    This is just impressive. I cannot wait to get me hands on these

I can not afford these. But let me say that I wish I could! These are among the best renditions of either character that I've seen in quite some time! I've seen the full images for the Mondo figures and love those just as much, but for different reasons. These Sideshow statues are taking elements from previous versions but injecting some much-needed new life into the designs in a way that resonates with me (vs. what DC has done, which is sort of superhero-ing the characters as if they were from a Marvel or DC universe... and it feels weird some times)... not only that, but these two look great TOGETHER... which makes the lack of funds to purchase both hurt all the more, ha ha! Look at Mattel's reveals of Flying Fists He-Man & Terror Claws Skeletor, or even worse- the Laser figures... and I can see why Masters as a brand is definitely going to benefit from the shots in each arm that companies like Mondo and Sideshow are going to provide. The Mondo stuff seems to be approaching MOTU a little more... carefully, I guess is how I would describe it (though they are going to successfully tackle a scale that Mattel has not... I mean, you think Mattel is overcharging for their 12" giants... even though Mondo is going to most likely be more expensive, you are going to definitely feel like you're getting more bang for that buck (no pun intended!). I'm sure the packaging alone is going to blow fans away). Little (but very nice) embellishments where you think "Oh, I'm surprised nobody has thought of that before" (like the little Grayskull skull on the hilt of the Power Sword... looks great, makes sense, too!). They don't seem to be major overhauls like the Sideshow statues. BUT... as far as overhauls go, I really 100% am on board with this Sideshow stuff, because it screams LIVE ACTION MOTION PICTURE to me! Also, these- to me at least- look a little timeless, too. The Four Horsemen 2002 era was/is very cool-looking, but was far too influenced by the anime craze that already felt a bit dated by the time the figures hit the shelves. These statues don't have that vibe at all. I could have them out ten years from now and still think "Wow. These are BAD-ASS!"
    Last edited by zodak74; July 9, 2015 at 11:17am.

Heroic Warrior
    Stjepan Sejic's fantastic concept art of He-Man and Skeletor from which the amazing Sideshow statues are based from (Sony, i beg could you please hire Mr. Sejic for do the artistic part for the new movie?):

Oh, those paintings are amazing. It's amazing how much I'm loving the design in full when the bits and pieces weren't quite doing it for me, as far as He-man is concerned.

we all agree? #WorldNeedsANewHeManMovie