Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post

Wing piece 1: 30-45º/”Relaxed” (left), cuff: upper arm
    Wing piece 2: 30-45º/”Relaxed” (right), cuff: upper arm
    Wing piece 3: 90º/”Full spread” (left), cuff: upper arm
    Wing piece 4: 90º/”Full spread” (right), cuff: upper arm
    Wing piece 5: 90º bent arm piece (left), cuff: forearm
    Wing piece 6: 90º bent arm piece (right), cuff: forearm
    Quoting yourself is weird....

Actually, the wings could be mirrored quite easily. Wings 1 and 2 could be the same, as can be 3 and 4, as well as 5 and 6. That cuts the tooling in half.

just fix her face.. was all messed up in production.. the temple of darkness mini comic sorceress face looks worse imo.

the proto was beautiful and then she bad botox, or surgery
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Cloth, with a wire inside.
    ALAS, POOR CLASSICS....

Top want list: Mask of Power Demons, Snake Goddess Teela, GITD Goddess, Snake Mountain Man, Dree-Elle & Montork, 200X Beast-Man, Red Beast, Ra-Jar, Great Black Wizard, Dragoon, King Torius, 200x Centaur Chief, Queen Andreeno.

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM

Heroic Warrior
    Cloth all the way. LEARN from mistakes... don't keep repeating them just to 'match' what came before.

1) Sorceress needs to have the wings connected to her wrists/arms

2) She needs to be able to move her arms into poses

3) She needs to sit in the throne

I've never seen any suggestion... not Emiliano's... not anything in this thread... that will do everything it needs to do. Here's the #1 reason though for me... The cloak IS cloth. It's a cape/cloak.. it's not biological, it's not armor, it's cloth and feathers... use cloth to simulate it.

As for matching the others? The others were failures. To heck with them. We have King Randor... we have King He-man... We have Marlena... none of whom can actually sit on their thrones like they're always portrayed. Don't keep THAT trend going

For the love of God, please no cloth, soft goods are almost universally horrendous at this scale...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Cloth all the way. LEARN from mistakes... don't keep repeating them just to 'match' what came before.

I've never seen any suggestion... not Emiliano's... not anything in this thread... that will do everything it needs to do. Here's the #1 reason though for me... The cloak IS cloth. It's a cape/cloak.. it's not biological, it's not armor, it's cloth and feathers... use cloth to simulate it.

As for matching the others? The others were failures. To heck with them. We have King Randor... we have King He-man... We have Marlena... none of whom can actually sit on their thrones like they're always portrayed. Don't keep THAT trend going
    While I can't argue with that logic...it's not like they have thrones to sit.

yes please!

one of the most disappointing figures from TG's era, those drums are....man I cant even explain, they totally ruined the aesthetic of the fgure. Why didnt they use the vintage action feature instead? It would have been so simple and could have worked still for today's industry
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimikrakra View Post
    can you post some pictures from behind?
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazer Force Zodac View Post
    can you post some pictures from behind?
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    Cloth, with a wire inside.
    I agree. Plastic just wont work. It creates too many problems.

So... at this point I'm guessing she's a glorified statue?

Or the "wings" won't be attached to the arms?
    My #1 most wanted figure in MotUC?
    - "Cloak & Dagger" Evil-Lyn (MYP) -

Quote Originally Posted by DroothR View Post
    http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...eress_full.jpg

So... at this point I'm guessing she's a glorified statue?

Or the "wings" won't be attached to the arms?
    maybe her wings are made out of Crita's shawl material? then they can bend?
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Heroic Warrior
    Soft, pliable rubber ala Shadow Weaver with no break in sculpting all the way.

It's a cape, not wings. Why is it they are always treated as wings and not a cape?

Totally Dyslexic
    Quote Originally Posted by True Form View Post
    Soft, pliable rubber ala Shadow Weaver with no break in sculpting all the way.

It's a cape, not wings. Why is it they are always treated as wings and not a cape?
    RIGHT ON!

I have the same question it´s a cape, pure and simple. The Vintage toy had pseudo wings since they needed an action feature and even those were´t real wings.

200X Sorceress is another issue but FILMATION Sorceress has none.

In the very first preview video we saw, PIXEL DAN walks around the show case and there we could see her from behind. There were no drums so i think the cape is a solid piece which plugs to her back/neck and i at least hope we´ll get another folded down cape to mimic a cape.
    Last edited by Niki; September 24, 2017 at 03:54pm.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Quartzara(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post

I've never seen any suggestion... not Emiliano's... not anything in this thread... that will do everything it needs to do. Here's the #1 reason though for me... The cloak IS cloth. It's a cape/cloak.. it's not biological, it's not armor, it's cloth and feathers... use cloth to simulate it. :
    Exactly. Just watch the episode 'Teela's Triumph' to see this is the case. I swear some folks are obsessed with this so called 'Classics aesthetic' and need to allow the line to evolve! If you want a plastic Sorceress cape then buy the Classics Sorceress or wait for an Ultimates Sorceress.
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Whiplash, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, Two-Bad, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

Cloth would be a travesty akin to changing the scale at this point. Boo to cloth.

I get why people don't want a fabric cape, but I really think it's the only way to do the figure successfully.

Quote Originally Posted by sailoruranus View Post
    I get why people don't want a fabric cape, but I really think it's the only way to do the figure successfully.
    Fabric would not be successful, unless it was unprecedentedly well done. The prototype has depth to the wings that cloth cannot easily replicate. A tampo on a flat piece of cloth would look terrible. The best solution is to take a page from the book of Marvel Legends and have 2-3 swappable plastic versions of the wings.

it looks like 1 piece, they haven't shown a another cloak piece for her "arms at her side" and it is clearly not soft. it also isn't articulated like the vulture or angella, so i don't know what they have planned

20171005z 129 by ThePowerSword, on Flickr

In the preorder thread, Jun-Yor said that they planned two pieces, relaxed pose and arms up like above. She will not be able to sit with either of them attached. They are still thinking about it.

I'm fine with this. I don't care whether she sits and I won't buy her (despite really wanting this figure) if it's cloth.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

I WILL buy her with cloth wings if its similar, like ive said, to something like The Silverhawks.

I'd do two separate pieces that can be swapped out. One piece as in the picture, for when you want to pose her like that. Another piece that looks like a normal cape, for any pose with her arms down. Maybe a third piece with one arm stretched in front of her.

If you want to seat her on a throne just don't use any cape. Or, alternatively, have another piece that's molded to fit between the Grayskull throne and the figure.

I guess the cost would determine how many pieces you can have

Totally Dyslexic
    I´m glad that we´ll get replaceable capes for her.

It´s more or less the same feature like her VINTAGE figure recreated like Tung Lashor with two different heads but in her case with capes.

This time around she will be able to move her arms. I´m okay with that compromise.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Quartzara(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    Why not make the wings out of the pliable plastic that Netossa's cape is made out of?
    this is a great idea. netossa's cape is really soft. if they made the sorceress's cloak out of this material & also in pieces it just might work

pliable plastic is the way to go or overlapping pieces. But honestly, the only thing that I really care about is getting a Kudok Ungol head.
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, EVIL ROBOT, SAGITAR, ARTILLA, TUVAR, BADDHRA, SLIME PIT BONE WARRIOR,