Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "The Coming of the Towers" - PoP + Motu webcomic series

Court Magician
    Thank you!
    It took a while to get to the point but now we are ready to chronicle the battle for the Towers, and also their appearance in the age of Pretheria (a storyline which also explains all those Snake Women concepts, and the cameos of the First Ones).

One of the Virginias, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    Quote Originally Posted by L0rdGr1ml0ck View Post
    Act 14 of "The Coming of the Towers" features Leech, Hordak, Catra, Future Rio Blast, Future Spinnerella, Jitsu (?).

While She-ra is busy at the Crystal Castle, things are happening elsewhere-- and she's totally missing them.

This act has everthing: the Fright Zone, the Slime Pit, time travel, the Crystal Falls -- and the appearance of THE THIRD TOWER OF ETHERIA!

http://t08.deviantart.net/oS3MWZzKWL...ck-db1y3c3.jpg http://t04.deviantart.net/2-LSyYq8Mk...ck-db1y3dj.jpg http://t14.deviantart.net/sCGoDLyLyT...ck-db1y3gs.jpg

Some suggestions would be welcome!

So far, I've only considered the ever-burning fire of the altar (which is not a likely feature in a toy for kids), the weapons in the rack, and the Serpent Gate that leads to the underground room (the playset should split open in two halves and reveal the underground chambers where Queen Corala sits on a throne and the other Snake Women live).
    Well the Fire in the middle can be handled by an LED
    You have a prison cage
    that could be a set of stairs in the snakes mouth that turn into a slide(like in Scooby doo)
    the gray archway could be a portal or magic mirror
    you have a weapons rack
    those 3 snake heads could spin and spray water
    and the tombstone in the front could have some spring off when punched or kicked
    on the second level the stair would point one way but shift to the slide in the other direction and hey you have a slime pool
    the stairs lead to a lab with beakers, a cauldron, and some torture stuff like a rack and iron maiden
    probably through in a stables on level 2 also for a Tyrantsaurus Rex
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

I collect MOTU/POP, Transformers, Garfield the Cat, & 80's/90's Book & Tape/Record Sets. I collect VHS & DVD of 80's-00's properties. I get comic books, novels, & ViewMaster Reels as well. If you want to discuss this stuff & other things, then PM me here on the .org. I enjoy anime, video games, & sci-fi, too. DC or Marvel, it's all good.

Court Magician

Act 16

Act 17 of "The Coming of the Towers" is online.

Meet the challenge of the final page's quiz: how many Horde vehicles can you name?

The story so far: With She-ra and SwiftWind busy in a distant dimension, Etheria witnessed the arrival of the Fright Tower (from the future), and the birth of the Crystal Tower (from the planetary magic of the soil). As the Cosmic Enforcers Zodak and Strobo plotted to facilitate DarkHope's plans for the Two Towers, the Horde clashed with the Great Rebellion in order to gain control of both the powerful buildings.
    But the Towers disappeared during the apex of the battle, leaving both factions without their prize.
    While She-ra is facing a mystery within the Crystal Castle, the Two Towers reappear at the Crystal Falls, changing their landscape forever!

I really like how this is progressing.
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakken View Post
    I really like how this is progressing.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by griffen112182 View Post
    Well the Fire in the middle can be handled by an LED
    You have a prison cage that could be a set of stairs in the snakes mouth that turn into a slide(like in Scooby doo)
    the gray archway could be a portal or magic mirror
    you have a weapons rack
    those 3 snake heads could spin and spray water
    and the tombstone in the front could have some spring off when punched or kicked
    on the second level the stair would point one way but shift to the slide in the other direction and hey you have a slime pool
    the stairs lead to a lab with beakers, a cauldron, and some torture stuff like a rack and iron maiden
    probably through in a stables on level 2 also for a Tyrantsaurus Rex
    And thank you too, as this sounds great.
    The idea that the Snake Women may have brought some beasts from Etheria is brilliant: it would be the proper counterpart to He-Ra's mount (a giant pink lion that looks definitely familiar).

Heroic Warrior
    Wow, those pages really came out nice. Whoever you have coloring is doing an outstanding job. I hope to have an update to page 50 for you tomorrow before I go on vacation.

This is damn fine work . I'm very happy we get to see something that shows off the other Masters of MOTU a bit more.

Is there a way to view them all as a PDF? My PC can be painful at times if I am clicking in & out of individual pages.

Court Magician
    Thanks!
    Yes, our goal is to collect the pages in PDF files.
    The first file should feature pages 1-25, but it might take a while, as my internet connection is currently at its lowest, and the upload takes a lot of time ^^'

Court Magician

Act 19

Act 19 of "The Coming of the Towers" features the Battle for the Crystal Falls!

Starring Snout-Spout, Netossa, Mermista SweetBee, Extendar, the Horde Troopers, Scorpia, Octavia, and one more character which won't be spoiled here.
    Oh, wait, you can spot Castaspella in the thumbnail images.

Very cool indeed.
    I have finally returned from Despondos.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...psa697c4d9.png

Thanks!
    Yes, our goal is to collect the pages in PDF files.
    The first file should feature pages 1-25, but it might take a while, as my internet connection is currently at its lowest, and the upload takes a lot of time ^^'
    That is great, even if it takes a while.

Court Magician
    Act 18 of "The Coming of the Towers" features the untold tale of the Pretheria Age!
    The Snake Women! Queen Corala! He-ra! Mystic Isle! The Emerald Power Sword! Clawdeen's grand father many times removed! Darkhope's true form!
    And this is just the beginning!

Court Magician
    Act 18 of "The Coming of the Towers" features an Interlude On Eternia!

Whiplash versus Rattlor! Jitsu versus a blue Snake Man! Ninjor versus, uh, someone!
    Also starring Skeletor, Hordak, Modulok, the Snake Mountain, the Fright Zone, the Corridor of Infinite Darkness, Darkhope, Blast Attak and Snake Trooper (who?!?)!

Court Magician
    Dear fans of He-Man, She-ra, Masters of the Universe and Princess Of Power-- are you enjoying our "The Coming of the Towers"?

If so, please vote for this series here.

Court Magician
    Presenting some original lineart, and a two-pages preview of the next arc in the Battle For The Crystal Falls, featuring Extendar the power of Peekablue!

Court Magician
    Pretheria DarkHope's profile features some "spoiler" information:

Court Magician

Basalt Bastion

The Basalt Bastion is the new fortress of the Rock People.

When the peaceful people of Geolon came to Etheria, looking for a place to settle and live without conflict, She-Ra asked King Agho of the Trolls to offer the Rock People a safe shelter in the region of Spikeheart.
    A barren and harsh mountain range, hosting only weird and rare life forms based on crystals or stones, Spikeheart is as easy to defend as strategically irrelevant: the Horde never made a move to conquer it because the effort would be greater than any advantage obtained by controlling the region.

When the Two Towers appeared on Etheria, they moved from one location to another, changing the landscape, creating new buildings imbued with features and powers.
    First they changed the Crystal Falls, by erecting the Cascade Tower. Then they moved to Spikeheart, where their power brought forth the geologically-themed Basalt Bastion.

One of the Virginias, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    The Basalt Bastion is the new fortress of the Rock People.

When the peaceful people of Geolon came to Etheria, looking for a place to settle and live without conflict, She-Ra asked King Agho of the Trolls to offer the Rock People a safe shelter in the region of Spikeheart.
    A barren and harsh mountain range, hosting only weird and rare life forms based on crystals or stones, Spikeheart is as easy to defend as strategically irrelevant: the Horde never made a move to conquer it because the effort would be greater than any advantage obtained by controlling the region.

When the Two Towers appeared on Etheria, they moved from one location to another, changing the landscape, creating new buildings imbued with features and powers.
    First they changed the Crystal Falls, by erecting the Cascade Tower. Then they moved to Spikeheart, where their power brought forth the geologically-themed Basalt Bastion.

https://t00.deviantart.net/Sf7OaKBc8...ck-dcdk1z0.png
    You tease! I hope we get to see more of this soon. Also will these be available in some form of print trade paperback or is the .org the only way to view these? Would like a copy for my book shelf.

Sent from my LGL56VL using Tapatalk
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

I collect MOTU/POP, Transformers, Garfield the Cat, & 80's/90's Book & Tape/Record Sets. I collect VHS & DVD of 80's-00's properties. I get comic books, novels, & ViewMaster Reels as well. If you want to discuss this stuff & other things, then PM me here on the .org. I enjoy anime, video games, & sci-fi, too. DC or Marvel, it's all good.

Court Magician
    Unfortunately some color artists had to quit, but the lineart progressed reaching page 68!
    Then I got stuck for other reasons, but in the last few days I found new color artists that might just fill the remaining holes and allow the Pretheria pages to go online.

I also promised to assemble a PDF with the first story arc, but I'm still too busy for that, my apologies!

A printed version is fairly unlikely... unless we truly manage to go to the end of the saga in a reasonable timespan

Court Magician

PDF edition volume 1 Arrival

PRINCESS OF POWER / MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE
    "THE COMING OF THE TOWERS"
    PDF EDITION - VOLUME 1. ARRIVAL

The Towers Of Etheria will rise, and the face of the planet will be changed forever!

Set in the continuity of the Filmation animated series of He-Man & The Masters of the Universe and She-Ra, Princess of Power, this fancomic chronicles the amazing days of the clash between the Great Rebellion and the Evil Horde for the control of the newly-arrived Fright Tower.
    What dark and sinister future does it come from, and just what is the Great Master Horde, an alliance of over-aged, mutated warriors from Etheria and Eternia?
    The answers may be hidden in an Infinite Corridor of Darkness, where an arcane presence is pulling the strings of heroes and villains alike-- with the help of the Cosmic Enforcers!

Featuring: Colonel Blast; General Rio Blast; Entrapta; Fear-Ro; Dylamug; Hordak; Double-Trouble; Double-Mischief; Dragstor; Flutterina; Vultak; Glimmer; Brightmoon Castle; the Fright Zone; Hordak; Zodak; Strobo; She-Ra; SwiftWind; queen Angella; Peekablue; the First Ones; The Effulgent One; Modulok; Spinnerella; Cy-Chop; Mer-Man; Monstroid; Enchanta; Catra; Netossa; the Crystal Falls!

The PDF edition contains: pages 1-27, two covers, bonus art for DarkHope, Future Spinnerella, Future General Rio Blast, and the continuity mysteries collected in the Secret Scrolls of LightHope!

This was AMAZING! I had held off on getting into it at first as I was afraid it would fall to the side like alot of projects online. PLEASE keep this going.

Fantastic! I've been reading this as the images get posted but cool to see it all in one collected PDF! And yes, please do keep this going!

Court Magician
    Thank you for both the support and the feedback, guys!

The lineart has reached page 68, and pages 69-70-71 are in the making as I write (well, sketches and script).