Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 223

Thread: Blog outlining the origin of different MOTU characters

  1. #176
    Heroic Warrior Lich Leech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Battle Ram Blog
    Posts
    3,683
    Mantenna

    https://battleram.wordpress.com/2017...out-eyes-1985/



    - - - Updated - - -

    Lords of Power Collection – at the dawn of He-Man

    https://battleram.wordpress.com/2017...awn-of-he-man/



    - - - Updated - - -

    Beast Man prototype: a closer look

    https://battleram.wordpress.com/2017...a-closer-look/


  2. #177
    LittleSpinny TOKYONEVER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Funky France
    Posts
    2,599
    Damn! I had not seen these LOP prototypes pictures before
    Nice to discover the Man-At-Arms and the Beast Man ones, thanks for sharing that.

  3. #178
    Heroic Warrior Lich Leech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Battle Ram Blog
    Posts
    3,683
    Quote Originally Posted by TOKYONEVER View Post
    Damn! I had not seen these LOP prototypes pictures before
    Nice to discover the Man-At-Arms and the Beast Man ones, thanks for sharing that.
    Thanks, Andy Youssi shared them on Facebook, then was nice enough to email me his original images. His dad apparently did some art for He-Man early on. He's going to try to get some higher quality versions of these eventually.

    I'm absolutely floored by these pics

  4. #179
    LittleSpinny TOKYONEVER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Funky France
    Posts
    2,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    ...His dad apparently did some art for He-Man early on. He's going to try to get some higher quality versions of these eventually....
    Have you already few pictures of them to share? (low resolution)
    I do not have a FB account lol

  5. #180
    Heroic Warrior Lich Leech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Battle Ram Blog
    Posts
    3,683
    Quote Originally Posted by TOKYONEVER View Post
    Have you already few pictures of them to share? (low resolution)
    I do not have a FB account lol
    I posted all the pictures to my blog. They're full size, same resolution that he sent to me.

    https://battleram.wordpress.com/2017...awn-of-he-man/

  6. #181
    LittleSpinny TOKYONEVER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Funky France
    Posts
    2,599
    Okies thanks, I was asking about the artworks, I am very curious to see them, hope he'll can share something more

  7. #182
    Heroic Warrior Lich Leech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Battle Ram Blog
    Posts
    3,683
    Quote Originally Posted by TOKYONEVER View Post
    Okies thanks, I was asking about the artworks, I am very curious to see them, hope he'll can share something more
    Oh, gotcha. He said he would share, he hasn't done so yet. Once he does I will share them here as well

    - - - Updated - - -

    Castle Grayskull in minicomics:

    https://battleram.wordpress.com/2017...in-minicomics/



    Land Shark

    https://battleram.wordpress.com/2017...rvehicle-1985/

    Last edited by Lich Leech; October 9, 2017 at 10:32am.

  8. #183
    2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Jukka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Hämeenlinna, Finland
    Posts
    13,906
    Latest article on toy character comes for King Randor!

    He-Man & She-Ra fan and contributor to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

    · ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

  9. #184
    Heroic Warrior Lich Leech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Battle Ram Blog
    Posts
    3,683

  10. #185
    Heroic Warrior Lich Leech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Battle Ram Blog
    Posts
    3,683
    And now for something completely different:

    https://battleram.wordpress.com/2017...sics-skeletor/


  11. #186
    Heroic Warrior Lich Leech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Battle Ram Blog
    Posts
    3,683
    Clamp Champ!

    https://battleram.wordpress.com/2017...-capture-1987/



    - - - Updated - - -

    Copyrights in MOTU (Part One: 1981)

    https://battleram.wordpress.com/2017...part-one-1981/



    - - - Updated - - -

    Copyrights in MOTU (Part Two: 1982)

    https://battleram.wordpress.com/2017...part-two-1982/


  12. #187
    Functioning Addict TattooedRobot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    24
    I need Classics versions of the Hordak early designs.

  13. #188
    Heroic Warrior Lich Leech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Battle Ram Blog
    Posts
    3,683
    Quote Originally Posted by TattooedRobot View Post
    I need Classics versions of the Hordak early designs.
    That would be awesome!


    New post:

    Laser-Light Skeletor – Evil Master of Light Energy (1988)
    https://battleram.wordpress.com/2017...t-energy-1988/


  14. #189
    LittleSpinny TOKYONEVER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Funky France
    Posts
    2,599
    Wow, Laser figures were originally toys designed for an unrealised Tv interactive live show? Never heard about that, just awesome to know!
    Imagine a Tv show exactly with the same "dark" atmosphere than Captain Power had... I sincerelly would have preferred to see Something like that than the He-man New Adventures Tv show and Toyline...
    I Wonder who was the actor supposed to be He-Man... now we know why the He-Man Laser Power's head is like that and it is finally not Dolph Lundgren lol
    Last edited by TOKYONEVER; December 12, 2017 at 09:27pm.

  15. #190
    Heroic Warrior Lich Leech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Battle Ram Blog
    Posts
    3,683
    Quote Originally Posted by TOKYONEVER View Post
    Wow, Laser figures were originally toys designed for an unrealised Tv interactive live show? Never heard about that, just awesome to know!
    Yes, really fascinating. It throws these characters in a whole new light (pun intended )



    Quote Originally Posted by TOKYONEVER View Post
    Imagine a Tv show exactly with the same "dark" atmosphere than Captain Power had... I sincerelly would have preferred to see Something like that than the He-man New Adventures Tv show and Toyline...
    I Wonder who was the actor supposed to be He-Man... now we know why the He-Man Laser Power's head is like that and it is finally not Dolph Lundgren lol
    It's really fun to think about! Not sure if they had cast actors or what. I'd love to know more.

  16. #191

  17. #192
    Heroic Warrior Lich Leech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Battle Ram Blog
    Posts
    3,683
    Skeletor – Ultimate Evil Lord of Destruction (1989)

    https://battleram.wordpress.com/2018...truction-1989/



  18. #193
    Heroic Warrior Lich Leech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Battle Ram Blog
    Posts
    3,683
    https://battleram.wordpress.com/2018...universe-1989/

    He-Man – Most Powerful Man in the Universe! (1989)



    - - - Updated - - -

    What happened on March 1, 1982? Read to find out. Happy He-Man Day!

    https://battleram.wordpress.com/2018...py-he-man-day/



    - - - Updated - - -

    Mer-Man's Betrayal

    https://battleram.wordpress.com/2018...mans-betrayal/


  19. #194
    LittleSpinny TOKYONEVER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Funky France
    Posts
    2,599
    Nice job as each times, thanks again to share with us

  20. #195
    Heroic Warrior Lich Leech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Battle Ram Blog
    Posts
    3,683
    Quote Originally Posted by TOKYONEVER View Post
    Nice job as each times, thanks again to share with us
    Thanks very much!

  21. #196
    Heroic Warrior Lich Leech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Battle Ram Blog
    Posts
    3,683
    Catching up:

    David Wolfram Answers Fan Questions


    Cross sell art series:

    1982

    1983

    1984

  22. #197

  23. #198

  24. #199
    Court Magician
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    55
    Really great job, thanks for sharing! I still prefer the green variant of Mer-Man.

  25. #200
    Heroic Warrior Lich Leech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Battle Ram Blog
    Posts
    3,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester35 View Post
    Really great job, thanks for sharing! I still prefer the green variant of Mer-Man.

    Thanks! Me too


    New post: https://battleram.wordpress.com/2018...rategist-1985/

    Two Bad – Double-headed evil strategist (1985)


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •