Thread: War Wraith in MOTUC

War Wraith in MOTUC

Well I know This character is split down the people, half like him half don't, I think he is a great character, especially after reading this last issue of the DC comic series. Essentially a slime pit Man at arms, and a ton of people like Slime pit Heman and want him as a character, you could treat him as his own independent character like Zodac/Zodak became different charaters, orkeep him as a supped up Slime pit Man at arms. We already got parts for him from Standor (helmet and loincloth) , Dactys Armor, maybe Zodac or Hydron forearms, and Prahvus boots. A Huge gun/sword and that skinny dagger would be amazing as accessories.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    https://graphicpolicy.files.wordpres...hemew_10_5.jpg
    Well I know This character is split down the people, half like him half don't, I think he is a great character, especially after reading this last issue of the DC comic series. Essentially a slime pit Man at arms, and a ton of people like Slime pit Heman and want him as a character, you could treat him as his own independent character like Zodac/Zodak became different charaters, orkeep him as a supped up Slime pit Man at arms. We already got parts for him from Standor (helmet and loincloth) , Dactys Armor, maybe Zodac or Hydron forearms, and Prahvus boots. A Huge gun/sword and that skinny dagger would be amazing as accessories.
    I'd take him in 2024.
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Umm...NO! Sorry just not feeling him for a figure in my collection.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

Heroic Warrior
    Reminds me of Evil Seed with all those spiky bits and green...
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Is he related to Scare Glow? The green paint makes me think of SG's glowing skeleton painted over Standor's armor (with a lot of spikes added obviously).
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Not the most inspired design, is it?
    Hey Super 7, Snake Mountain rocks! Let's Kickstart it!

The design looks to me like Horokoth Hordak received the Scareglow treatment. Kind of recycled. I do find him a bit more compelling, considering who's behind the mask, but I need to read more of that storyline. If the story of how he ended up like that and what his motivations are is really well written, it will make long strides in increasing my interest in a potential future figure.
    Some remaining, post 2017-Reveals, WANTS:
    Kittrina, Lady Slither, Garth, Master Sebrian, Skeleteen, Kay-La, (comic)Garn, Meliac, Sagitar, Melog, Spirit of Evil, Slime Pit He-Man, Artilla, Drissi, Caz, Grot, Melaktha, Scrollos, Hunga, Rajar, Bubblor, Songster, Red Beast, Zed, NA Sorceress, Staghorn, Col. Blast...and hoping to someday see a Fright Zone with Slime Pit!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreann'ot View Post
    The design looks to me like Horokoth Hordak received the Scareglow treatment. Kind of recycled. I do find him a bit more compelling, considering who's behind the mask, but I need to read more of that storyline. If the story of how he ended up like that and what his motivations are is really well written, it will make long strides in increasing my interest in a potential future figure.
    His origin was shown in the issue released yesterday. Pretty good. Smart incorporation of vintage stuff while delivering lots of fan service.

For those of us not reading the comic, can we get a (spoiler protected) revelation here? Please?
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Yeah I'd buy a War Wraith (I'm such a fan of Scareglow) and why not skeletor and evil lyn too? Those DC 52 designs are very good to me
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."

Heroic Warrior
    He is way to pointy.. he don't even fit in. Could be a great figure if the design was different

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    For those of us not reading the comic, can we get a (spoiler protected) revelation here? Please?

It's Man at Arms. Duncan goes mano-e-mano with Triklops for a bit. Starts off totally unarmed, but still kicks butt, but Triklops ultimately wins. After that they toss him in the Slime Pit to corrupt him and mind control him.

So basically, War Wraith is actually Slime Pit Man-at-Arms.

I wouldn't be interested, he looks like some sort of generic 90's Spawn one-shot villain. The DC designs are all over the place, some of them are great while others just completely miss the mark IMHO.

Too spiky, like a lot of the recent comic book stuff

Sure, why not?
    Looks like it's got army building potential if you ignore the comic origins.
    ....Although I'd still prefer to army build Skeletor's troopers from the '87 movie in action figure form, but if that license is never going to happen, these could fill the void.

Heroic Warrior
    In the first appearance from which the image of this thread came from, appeared more spiky, but in later panels is clear that he is not so (considering that this is a body armor). But more than War Wraith i personally would prefer his sword as an accessory coming with a pack or another figure. It's so cool and unique design.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Wi35TlNAch...00/He-Man3.jpg

Heroic Warrior mikerobertschamp's Avatar
    Groveport, ohio, a suburb of the Capitol, Columbus
    I support war wraith, but only after we get a few more others in the line first! I think if they did make him they should try to make him glow that way the designs on his body also show up.
    My wants all NA POG SOH filmation Garth Lady Slithor Meteorbs Zark Michi, Kothos, King Taurius, King Helios, Kittrina, Illumina, be plastic IMMORTALIZED

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Zero interest. Doesn't even look like a MotU character at all that would fit in with the others. It looks more like a manga character. Plus, in general, except for a very few exceptions, I have very little interest in newly made-up characters usurping the spotlight, when there are so many dozens, even hundreds, of "classic" characters that I'm eager to see in figure form and that would benefit from getting their background and story more fleshed out in current comics, instead of introducing more and more unnecessary newcomers with rather questionable designs.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    Zero interest. Doesn't even look like a MotU character at all that would fit in with the others. It looks more like a manga character. Plus, in general, except for a very few exceptions, I have very little interest in newly made-up characters usurping the spotlight, when there are so many dozens, even hundreds, of "classic" characters that I'm eager to see in figure form and that would benefit from getting their background and story more fleshed out in current comics, instead of introducing more and more unnecessary newcomers with rather questionable designs.
    War Wraith is far from a newcomer though. Both him as a character and his Origins are very Vintage. And the comics are actually concentrated only to the core "Classic" MOTU characters. One or two newcomers have only been introduced. War Wraith basically is a variant.
    Last edited by granamyr80; October 31, 2015 at 02:35pm.

Quote Originally Posted by granamyr80 View Post
    In the first appearance from which the image of this thread came from, appeared more spiky, but in later panels is clear that he is not so (considering that this is a body armor). But more than War Wraith i personally would prefer his sword as an accessory coming with a pack or another figure. It's so cool and unique design.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Wi35TlNAch...00/He-Man3.jpg
    So basicly it's just a DC slime pit duncan ...Huge PASS!
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Yes! He looks awesome and the line must expand!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    So basicly it's just a DC slime pit duncan ...Huge PASS!
    Well since the newcomers are not welcome... apparently neither Vintage stuff like Slime Pit variants.

(Source:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hread-SPOILERS)

This is a "no win" situation anyway.
    Last edited by granamyr80; October 31, 2015 at 03:46pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Freefall View Post
    His origin was shown in the issue released yesterday. Pretty good. Smart incorporation of vintage stuff while delivering lots of fan service.
    Yeah, I actually went and checked right after I posted that. I'm in the middle of a move and didn't realize I had missed an issue!

I'm torn. The design is just ok, but looks like an amalgamation of other evil characters (Horokoth Hordak, Scareglow, Evilseed). I do like the employment of vintage characters and concepts, but I'm SO over the whole 'mind control' angle. I know Classics and DC are separate, but between both of them using mind control so often (Leech, Grizzlor, Despara - though I actually like her story, Dark Orko, etc), I'm not sure how I feel about it this time. We get to see our first use of the

Slime Pit
    on a hero, so that's cool...but I was really hoping for something more interesting. Like, it was his choice to work for Skeletor. Maybe he knew the truth about Adam. Maybe he didn't like the direction things were going with the Snakes. Maybe he went rogue, but was secretly undercover. I don't know. The mind control thing is just feeling a tad overused at this point.
    Some remaining, post 2017-Reveals, WANTS:
    Kittrina, Lady Slither, Garth, Master Sebrian, Skeleteen, Kay-La, (comic)Garn, Meliac, Sagitar, Melog, Spirit of Evil, Slime Pit He-Man, Artilla, Drissi, Caz, Grot, Melaktha, Scrollos, Hunga, Rajar, Bubblor, Songster, Red Beast, Zed, NA Sorceress, Staghorn, Col. Blast...and hoping to someday see a Fright Zone with Slime Pit!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreann'ot View Post
    Yeah, I actually went and checked right after I posted that. I'm in the middle of a move and didn't realize I had missed an issue!

I'm torn. The design is just ok, but looks like an amalgamation of other evil characters (Horokoth Hordak, Scareglow, Evilseed). I do like the employment of vintage characters and concepts, but I'm SO over the whole 'mind control' angle. I know Classics and DC are separate, but between both of them using mind control so often (Leech, Grizzlor, Despara - though I actually like her story, Dark Orko, etc), I'm not sure how I feel about it this time. We get to see our first use of the on a hero, so that's cool...but I was really hoping for something more interesting. Like, it was his choice to work for Skeletor. Maybe he knew the truth about Adam. Maybe he didn't like the direction things were going with the Snakes. Maybe he went rogue, but was secretly undercover. I don't know. The mind control thing is just feeling a tad overused at this point.
    For being honest this is the first times in the DC comics, that we saw an actual mind control situation. Dark Orko was more like a demonic possession, Despara in the DC comic has her memory wiped out, but she was not mind cotrolled, she was raised to be a weapon on Hordak's hands. Leech and Grizzlor's situations came from a complete different canon, mind cotrol never happened to them in the DC comics in which Grizzlor is actually among Hordak's greatest generals.

War Wraith was actually a brilliant move from Skeletor's part. Since Skelly is preparing for his upcoming confrontation with Adam, using his mentor against him, was a great plan to destroy Adam from inside, before he do it physically (of course Skelly is unaware of Adam's current situation). Because whatever would be the outcome of this confrontation, Skelly could gain the upper hand from the result. If Duncan wins then Skelly wins. If Adam wins, then he would be in a very bad shape from a psychological point of view, to confront Skeletor in a battle for the fate of the Universe. So yes mind control it could be used often in MOTU in general, but it's also important of how and why it's used. In this case it was a very intelligent using of it, both as how (through a clever use of a beloved Vintage set i.e. the Slime Pit) and why (for a plan that shows Skelly's diabolic genius).
    Last edited by granamyr80; November 1, 2015 at 12:07pm.