Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 200x Second Sub Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    Basically I have echoed what you said. Sure, we all in our hearts (those of us who are fair and reasonable) know that of course NA should be a minisub it's own.
    Why?

Instead of:

A second 200x original character sub?
    A 200x variants sub?
    A mini-comics sub?
    A Nu52 sub?
    A Trollans sub?
    A Castle Hired Staff sub? (Including Chef Allen, Crackers the Clown, the Archaeologist, etc.)
    Last edited by No-Ah; November 5, 2015 at 06:36pm.
    ALAS, POOR CLASSICS....

Top want list: Mask of Power Demons, Snake Goddess Teela, GITD Goddess, Snake Mountain Man, Dree-Elle & Montork, 200X Beast-Man, Red Beast, Ra-Jar, Great Black Wizard, Dragoon, King Torius, 200x Centaur Chief, Queen Andreeno.

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM

Heroic Warrior Ibentmyman-thing's Avatar
    I'd be far more into an NA sub than anything 200x. 200x stuff always struck me as New Adventures aesthetics merged onto existing characters anyway, with the addition of all the overtly techy-elements so it should be more appealing than it is considering the loyalty behind 200x.
    Motu short short stories.

Motu Mini-comic

Public service announcement: Use of the term muppet head to describe any vintage head is not an insult, because muppets are awesome, and you're wrong. We now return you to your regularly scheduled something something.

I'd be down for a second sub. Much like FILMation before it, I was always bummed that we didn't get so many of the characters unique to that canon. This time around, I'd want a mix of popular variants and original characters.

Ice Armor He-Man
    Queen Andreeno
    King Miro
    Oracle/Odiphus two-pack (no connection between the two, but who cares???)
    Illumina
    200x Sorceress
    Sub Exclusive: Tuvar & Badra Two-Pack (Why waste two slots, eh?)
    Aaron’s Top 10 (In Order):
    Starburst She-Ra, Hunga the Harpy, The Twiggets, Stridor, Catra’s Cat Form, Kay-La, Skeleteen, Mini Comics Garn, Spinwit, FILMation King Miro

Hastily thrown together
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jake View Post
    Based on the thread starter's first post, ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!

First off, a New Adventures sub is the first new sub we should be getting before anything else. Period.

Secondly, I can't stand revisit lines. I only subbed to the 2.0 line to get Evilseed. What you suggest is 100% 2.0's. Nope. Not a dime would come out of my pocket for a line completely made up of revisits.

You want more 200X, then start with Tuvar, Baddhra, Hawke, King Miro, Slime Pit Mutants, King Taurius, Stingrad and the Centaur guy.

Now that's a 200X mini sub worth buying. All new characters.
    I'm sorry to say that in this casual conversation about a hypothetical subscription, the ONLY option, is you MUST buy variants of A-list characters.

Seriously though, I would take just about anything released as 200x 2.0.

If one were offered for new characters yet to be made, and if it were patterned after the Collector's Choice Subscription with 6 figures, and oversized slot for a beast, and a Club Exclusive, I'd like to see:

*King Miro
    *Stingrad
    *Hawke
    *The Oracle
    *King Taurius
    *Centaur King
    *Royal Guards (as seen in the first MYP episode) 2-Pack
    *Sub-Exclusive Illumina (it is a wishlist after all)

If it were a variant 200x Subscription, I'd like to see:

*King Randor
    *General Rattlor (different color scheme/head/claws instead of hands)
    *Horde Knights (Troopers that looked very different but also sounded human)
    *ZodaX (4H prototype for Zodac that appeared more alien)
    *Prince Adam (with alternate Dare head as seen in the last mini-comic)
    *Roboto
    *Tuvar & Baddhra 2-Pack
    *Sub-Exclusive Sorceress

I'd be unhappy if we had a second 200X sub when we still need this many NA characters:

Serbian
    Kayo
    Quakke
    Spinwit
    Lizorr
    Butthead
    Staghorn
    Drissi
    Grot
    Hoove
    Nocturna
    Artilla

Or this many Filmation characters:

Dylamug
    Granita
    General Tataran
    Kothos
    Negator
    The Red Knight
    Melaktha
    False Face
    Hawke
    Delora
    Malik
    Dark Dream
    Tung Lasher
    Mortella

Or this many media characters:

Lodar
    Songster
    UK Horde Prime
    Scrollos
    Illumina
    Lady Slither
    Fang-Or
    The Snake Goddess
    Garn
    Rana
    Prince Dakkon

We had a chance for 200X Hawke and Miro in this sub... They weren't included, which is bizarre .

There has been a LOT of 200X in this line, which is great, but I'd like to see Mattel share the wealth
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra doll, Slamurai, Concept Snake Troopers, Slime Pit He-Man

Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I'd be unhappy if we had a second 200X sub when we still need this many NA characters:

Serbian
    Kayo
    Quakke
    Spinwit
    Lizorr
    Butthead
    Staghorn
    Drissi
    Grot
    Hoove
    Nocturna
    Artilla

Dylamug
    Granita
    General Tataran
    Kothos
    Negator
    The Red Knight
    Melaktha
    False Face
    Hawke
    Delora
    Malik
    Dark Dream
    Tung Lasher
    Mortella

Lodar
    Songster
    UK Horde Prime
    Scrollos
    Illumina
    Lady Slither
    Fang-Or
    The Snake Goddess
    Garn
    Rana
    Prince Dakkon

We had a chance for 200X Hawke and Miro in this sub... They weren't included, which is bizarre .

There has been a LOT of 200X in this line, which is great, but I'd like to see Mattel share the wealth
    We've had too many NA figures and not enough 200X.
    ALAS, POOR CLASSICS....

Top want list: Mask of Power Demons, Snake Goddess Teela, GITD Goddess, Snake Mountain Man, Dree-Elle & Montork, 200X Beast-Man, Red Beast, Ra-Jar, Great Black Wizard, Dragoon, King Torius, 200x Centaur Chief, Queen Andreeno.

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    I agree. Although I would love abother Filmation and a mixed media sub a little more

Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    I think the reason the 200X sub did so well, is that the line-up was filled with top requested, very toyetic characters. Other than King Chooblah who's got an amazing design, every character was amongst the top wants from that era. Most other mini-subs mixed some of the not so popular characters into the mix. For a second 200X Mini-sub, I'd want it to be much like the first. All unique, visually interesting characters and no variants.

1. Illumina
    2. Queen Andreeno
    3. King Miro
    4. Hawke
    5. Tuvar (with Odiphus Pack-in)
    6. Baddhra

Sub Exclusive - The Oracle

I know some may consider Tuvar and Baddhra variants but being two unique characters that eventually form Two Bad, I feel they are much more than simple variants.
    I love your line up, but I would replace Tuvar and Baddhra with Stingrad and King Taurius.
    I would like more 200X figures, but I disagree about NA. We barely have any, really. I know you hate NA, but you can't say we have "too many" when we have so few. If we had like, 300 NA figures and 5 200X figures, yes.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; November 5, 2015 at 08:36pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I support any second 200X sub, especially if we get a ice armor he-man.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

I would be up for another 200x sub with all new characters, 2.0 or a mix of each. I wouldn't re-buy the whole line in 2.0, but there are a handful of characters I would like with joints.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I love your line up, but I would replace Tuvar and Baddhra with Stingrad and King Taurius.

I would like more 200X figures, but I disagree about NA. We barely have any, really. I know you hate NA, but you can't say we have "too many" when we have so few. If we had like, 300 NA figures and 5 200X figures, yes.
    "Few" is a subjective term. They have 3 more scheduled for 2016, plus the equipment for a NA variant. We've had Flipshot, Karatti, Optik, Mara, Hydron, Slush Head, NA He-Man, NA Skeletor, NA She-Ra. Crita, Tuskador, and Darius are on their way. Assuming I haven't forgotten any, that's already a dozen by the end of 2016. That's not "few." That's like 2 mini-subs or a whole year of Classics worth!

Hate shmate, NA has done better than the mini-comics characters and some other more popular factions. Also, the latest character poll didn't put any NA characters in the next 19 most-wanted figures and Scott has told us they all sold poorly. EVERY faction deserves the next mini-sub more than NA and we all know it.

ENOUGH.
    Last edited by No-Ah; November 5, 2015 at 09:43pm.
    ALAS, POOR CLASSICS....

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

Serbian
    Kayo
    Quakke
    Spinwit
    Lizorr
    Butthead
    Staghorn
    Drissi
    Grot
    Hoove
    Nocturna
    Artilla

Dylamug
    Granita
    General Tataran
    Kothos
    Negator
    The Red Knight
    Melaktha
    False Face
    Hawke
    Delora
    Malik
    Dark Dream
    Tung Lasher
    Mortella

Lodar
    Songster
    UK Horde Prime
    Scrollos
    Illumina
    Lady Slither
    Fang-Or
    The Snake Goddess
    Garn
    Rana
    Prince Dakkon

I'd rather see this as I said before. A continuation of fan demanded characters rather than diving right back into another 200X specific sub. Variety is the spice of life.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Warrior Ibentmyman-thing's Avatar
    Sounds like someone's name should be No-Ahdventures, amiritepeeple?

*holds up hand for a high five from someone*

*Will slap own hand if necessary.*
    Motu short short stories.

Motu Mini-comic

Public service announcement: Use of the term muppet head to describe any vintage head is not an insult, because muppets are awesome, and you're wrong. We now return you to your regularly scheduled something something.

"Few" is a subjective term. They have 3 more scheduled for 2016, plus the equipment for a NA variant. We've had Flipshot, Karatti, Optik, Mara, Hydron, Slush Head, NA He-Man, NA Skeletor, NA She-Ra. Crita, Tuskador, and Darius are on their way. Assuming I haven't forgotten any, that's already a dozen by the end of 2016. That's not "few." That's like 2 mini-subs or a whole year of Classics worth!

Hate shmate, NA has done better than the mini-comics characters and some other more popular factions. Also, the latest character poll didn't put any NA characters in the next 19 most-wanted figures and Scott has told us they all sold poorly. EVERY faction deserves the next mini-sub more than NA and we all know it.

ENOUGH.
    8 years, 12 figures (with NA She-Ra being newly made up). That's not many. Which character are you talking about the equipment to make an NA variant? Dare? He's not NA...or at least, he's not supposed to be...

Scott also (previously) said sales outside the sub don't matter, they're "icing on the cake." He also said sales outside the US don't matter, because the US market is where the majority of their sales are and the rest of the world isn't even close (Germany is a VERY distant second place for sales).

I think NA does definitely deserve it's own mini-sub. There are SO MANY characters to finish off and it's the last MOTU toyline that's missing its non-variant characters. MOTU, PoP and 200X have all their non-variant figures released already (unless you count style/design). You should really be all for a New Adventures sub, because you could pass on it.

All I know is we BETTER get Drissi, Master Sebrian and NA Teela before Mattel loses the rights to make Filmation/Jetlag characters.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; November 5, 2015 at 10:06pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

He's talking about Masque coming with NA He-Man parts. I feel 2016 was overloaded with NA as well and am not opposed to an NA mini sub just so that they stay out of the main sub for a change and only go to the people that want them.

As for the proposed 200X sub in this thread
    ..I would like more original 200X characters and not the variants.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    He's talking about Masque coming with NA He-Man parts.
    Oh yeah, I TOTALLY forgot about that!

8 years, 12 figures (with NA She-Ra being newly made up). That's not many. Which character are you talking about the equipment to make an NA variant? Dare? He's not NA...or at least, he's not supposed to be...

Scott also (previously) said sales outside the sub don't matter, they're "icing on the cake." He also said sales outside the US don't matter, because the US market is where the majority of their sales are and the rest of the world isn't even close. I think NA does definitely deserve it's own mini-sub. There are SO MANY characters to finish off and it's the last MOTU toyline that's missing its non-variant characters. MOTU, PoP and 200X have all their non-variant figures released already (unless you count style/design).

All I know is we BETTER get Drissi, Master Sebrian and NA Teela before Mattel loses the rights to make Filmation/Jetlag characters.
    12 figures is a ridiculously high number. Lord Masque comes with NA He-Man weapons. Yes, sales do matter to Mattel. I promise.
    And no, NA is not the last MOTU toyline missing anything. In fact, the Masters of the Universe did not appear on the show. Heck, I would argue He-Man didn't either!
    I'd rather they focus on 200x, mini-comic, and media characters which actually featured He-Man and the Maters of the Universe than continuing to make characters for a faction which ranked so poorly in the most-wanted poll and the brand manager has told us all sold like ****.
    ALAS, POOR CLASSICS....

And no, NA is not the last MOTU toyline missing anything.
    Yes, yes it is. This year we finish off ALL of MOTU and most of PoP (missing the She-Ra and Catra variants). The 200X line (again, not counting variants) were the same characters in a new style, which many of the MOTUC figures incorporate the designs of. I would like a TRUE 200X Evil-Lyn and Sorceress, for example, but we do already have these characters. NA is the last MOTU toyline missing it's non-variant characters.

Again, I know you hate NA, but everything is grouped together under the branding Masters of the Universe, which includes NA.

I'm not going to get into a huge back and forth regarding this, but all sales numbers are relative, too. For example, Mattel judged successful sales based on sell out times of 1-3 days and anything that took longer was a failure. Beastman, He-Man and Skeletor lasted for a month or so and were produced in much fewer numbers. Taking that into account, technically, those three first-releases might be the "worst sellers" in MOTUC history. Their re-issues would have sold better (higher production). They could have made 1000 of each of those and sold them all. The NA figures (since they came later) could have 5000 of them and they sold 3000. That could be seen as a "failure" because 2000 are unsold, but they still sold twice as many as Beastman, He-Man and Skeletor. It's really hard to say without production numbers, sales figures, timelines and what Mattel considered "successful" at the time period. The Goddess sold out in a week, but was determined a "failure" because she lasted longer than a few days, for instance.

Yes, yes it is. This year we finish off ALL of MOTU and most of PoP (missing the She-Ra and Catra variants). The 200X line (again, not counting variants) were the same characters in a new style, which many of the MOTUC figures incorporate the designs of. I would like a TRUE 200X Evil-Lyn and Sorceress, for example, but we do already have these characters. NA is the last MOTU toyline missing it's non-variant characters.

Again, I know you hate NA, but everything is grouped together under the branding Masters of the Universe, which includes NA.

I'm not going to get into a huge back and forth regarding this, but all sales numbers are relative, too. For example, Mattel judged successful sales based on sell out times of 1-3 days and anything that took longer was a failure. Beastman, He-Man and Skeletor lasted for a month or so and were produced in much fewer numbers. Taking that into account, technically, those three first-releases might be the "worst sellers" in MOTUC history. Their re-issues would have sold better (higher production). They could have made 1000 of each of those and sold them all. The NA figures (since they came later) could have 5000 of them and they sold 3000. That could be seen as a "failure" because 2000 are unsold, but they still sold twice as many as Beastman, He-Man and Skeletor. It's really hard to say without production numbers, sales figures, timelines and what Mattel considered "successful" at the time period. The Goddess sold out in a week, but was determined a "failure" because she lasted longer than a few days, for instance.
    Look, I'll explain it again. The Masters of the Universe never appeared on the cartoon and the show never mentioned them in the title. Further, He-Man In Name Only didn't resemble He-Man. So, no, The New Adventures of He-Man was not The Masters of the Universe.

I know that you like NA, but the fact remains that NA's claim to a right to figures has always been dubious. Mattel has made quite a few. The polls show that more NA is not what the fans want in the next few years after 2016. How does a faction with a questionable right to being included in the first place and a history of selling poorly have any right to continuing to have its characters made over any more popular faction? I don't see it. It's counter-intuitive.

Let's focus on the iterations of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe like 200x, Nu52, mini-comics, audio books, international media and all of the various factions which are more demanded, have had less representation than NA, and actually featured the Masters of the Universe. At least, that's what I want and what the polls revealed the fanbase wants.
    ALAS, POOR CLASSICS....

Why?

Instead of:

A second 200x original character sub?
    A 200x variants sub?
    A mini-comics sub?
    A Nu52 sub?
    A Trollans sub?
    A Castle Hired Staff sub? (Including Chef Allen, Crackers the Clown, the Archaeologist, etc.)
    I'm not a big NA fan, and would most want a second 200x original sub.

But I would still want NA characters before all those other sub. Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulff View Post
    I'm not a big NA fan, and would most want a second 200x original sub.

But I would still want NA characters before all those other sub. Yikes.
    Before a mini-comics or Nu52 sub? To each their own....
    ALAS, POOR CLASSICS....

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I think NA does definitely deserve it's own mini-sub. There are SO MANY characters to finish off and it's the last MOTU toyline that's missing its non-variant characters. MOTU, PoP and 200X have all their non-variant figures released already (unless you count style/design). You should really be all for a New Adventures sub, because you could pass on it.
    I think this is the main reason why fans want an NA sub NEXT...because almost every other era of MOTU has already had theirs. Filmation, 200X and POP have subscriptions. NA is the remaining era that had an 80's toyline that's missing.

Look, I'll explain it again. The Masters of the Universe never appeared on the cartoon and the show never mentioned them in the title. Further, He-Man In Name Only didn't resemble He-Man. So, no, The New Adventures of He-Man was not The Masters of the Universe.
    The NA toyline was called "He-Man". Mattel took He-Man, Skeletor and the Sorceress into new surroundings and gave them a whole new crop of Heroic and Evil Warriors to lead. Masters of the Universe flopped. The focus was on the new figures that Mattel wanted to sell, not the old stuff that was pegwarming shelves.

Going from Mattel's own mini-comics, NA is as MOTU as POP is. And the Vintage POP toyline was marketed separately from MOTU. He-Man and other MOTU elements only appear in the first POP mini. Likewise, we have Eternia, Castle Grayskull and even Prince Adam in his maroon vest.

I know that you like NA, but the fact remains that NA's claim to a right to figures has always been dubious. Mattel has made quite a few. The polls show that more NA is not what the fans want in the next few years after 2016. How does a faction with a questionable right to being included in the first place and a history of selling poorly have any right to continuing to have its characters made over any more popular faction? I don't see it. It's counter-intuitive.

Let's focus on the iterations of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe like 200x, Nu52, mini-comics, audio books, international media and all of the various factions which are more demanded, have had less representation than NA, and actually featured the Masters of the Universe. At least, that's what I want and what the polls revealed the fanbase wants.
    NA characters have appeared in the Top 35 and the rest follow up in the Top 70. There are 19 characters that the fanbase wants first. Doesn't mean that no one wants NA at all, but there are 19 characters that fans want before that fist NA character shows up.

Mattel might not follow that list in order and we could get Lizzor, Quake and Sagitar next year. It's why we don't have Dylamug yet.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

I'm favour of another 200x mini-sub as long as it consists of unique characters (no variants) and comes after an NA, Filmation II, and mini-comic mini-sub.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I think this is the main reason why fans want an NA sub NEXT...because almost every other era of MOTU has already had theirs. Filmation, 200X and POP have subscriptions. NA is the remaining era that had an 80's toyline that's missing.

The NA toyline was called "He-Man". Mattel took He-Man, Skeletor and the Sorceress into new surroundings and gave them a whole new crop of Heroic and Evil Warriors to lead. Masters of the Universe flopped. The focus was on the new figures that Mattel wanted to sell, not the old stuff that was pegwarming shelves.

Going from Mattel's own mini-comics, NA is as MOTU as POP is. And the Vintage POP toyline was marketed separately from MOTU. He-Man and other MOTU elements only appear in the first POP mini. Likewise, we have Eternia, Castle Grayskull and even Prince Adam in his maroon vest.

NA characters have appeared in the Top 35 and the rest follow up in the Top 70. There are 19 characters that the fanbase wants first. Doesn't mean that no one wants NA at all, but there are 19 characters that fans want before that fist NA character shows up.

Mattel might not follow that list in order and we could get Lizzor, Quake and Sagitar next year. It's why we don't have Dylamug yet.
    Masters of the Universe did not flop!

I was just reading yesterday that the first Aldredo Alcala comic was printed more than 70,000,000 times!

What it did was run its course. The fans grew up and there was no such thing as an adult collector. No one was expected to collect He-Man toys for 8 years....

Surely this is obvious?

The time came for Mattel to breathe new life into the franchise and they sadly went with a concept which in no way resembled what had been so successful, and that flopped SPECTACULARLY!

If they're doing 7 CC figures a year, the fans have made clear that there should be no NA in 2017 or 2018 and only one in 2019. If you want, you could argue that Mattel ought to ignore what the fans want, but the fans have spoken. I also think its interesting that NA did so badly in the poll, once it was opened to non-Org members. It really brings into question whether the fanbase at large would have really wanted 3 of them in 2016....

Give me 200x. Give me Nu52. Give me mini-comics, audio book characters, and international characters.

But we have had too many NA.

As far as every other era having had theirs already, that's just not true. Where is my mini-comics characters mini-sub? Where's the Nu52? Where's Pre-Filmation?
    Last edited by No-Ah; November 6, 2015 at 05:59pm.
    ALAS, POOR CLASSICS....