Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 131

Thread: 200x Second Sub Support Thread

  1. #76
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    21,904
    Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    Masters of the Universe did not flop!

    I was just reading yesterday that the first Aldredo Alcala comic was printed more than 70,000,000 times!

    What it did was run its course. The fans grew up and there was no such thing as an adult collector. No one was expected to collect He-Man toys for 8 years....

    Surely this is obvious?
    Run it's course, flop -- the line ended. MOTU couldn't even start Powers of Grayskull because no one was buying the figures. The line died out before He-Ro, Tytus and Megator made it out in the U.S..

    The time came for Mattel to breathe new life into the franchise and they sadly went with a concept which in no way resembled what had been so successful, and that flopped SPECTACULARLY!
    If a line can flop through three waves in four years, that's the longest toyline flop ever. Most lines that flop don't make it to year two. Although it never reached the heights and numbers of MOTU, someone was out there buying NA.

    If they're doing 7 CC figures a year, the fans have made clear that there should be no NA in 2017 or 2018 and only one in 2019. If you want, you could argue that Mattel ought to ignore what the fans want, but the fans have spoken. I also think its interesting that NA did so badly in the poll, once it was opened to non-Org members. It really brings into question whether the fanbase at large would have really wanted 3 of them in 2016....
    When does Mattel ever produce figures according to their exact order on a list?

    You say NA did badly, but NA characters beat how many hundreds of other characters to even make it to the finals? Two of them landed in the ever important Top 35, with the first being in 19th place. The rest of the roster made the remaining 35. That tells you that the fans want NA characters eventually, but there are still characters that they want beforehand.

    The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

    Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

  2. #77
    Heroic Warrior
    chuc98's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    8,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Yes, yes it is. This year we finish off ALL of MOTU and most of PoP (missing the She-Ra and Catra variants). The 200X line (again, not counting variants) were the same characters in a new style, which many of the MOTUC figures incorporate the designs of. I would like a TRUE 200X Evil-Lyn and Sorceress, for example, but we do already have these characters. NA is the last MOTU toyline missing it's non-variant characters.

    Again, I know you hate NA, but everything is grouped together under the branding Masters of the Universe, which includes NA.

    I'm not going to get into a huge back and forth regarding this, but all sales numbers are relative, too. For example, Mattel judged successful sales based on sell out times of 1-3 days and anything that took longer was a failure. Beastman, He-Man and Skeletor lasted for a month or so and were produced in much fewer numbers. Taking that into account, technically, those three first-releases might be the "worst sellers" in MOTUC history. Their re-issues would have sold better (higher production). They could have made 1000 of each of those and sold them all. The NA figures (since they came later) could have 5000 of them and they sold 3000. That could be seen as a "failure" because 2000 are unsold, but they still sold twice as many as Beastman, He-Man and Skeletor. It's really hard to say without production numbers, sales figures, timelines and what Mattel considered "successful" at the time period. The Goddess sold out in a week, but was determined a "failure" because she lasted longer than a few days, for instance.
    Very well stated.

    And for anyone to suggest that New Adventures isn't Masters of the Universe simply because it didn't have that name as part of its title is laughable. Trolling and posting the same opinion over and over again doesn't make it fact either. Mattel did state that NA figures did sell less, okay. And? There have been 200X characters that have hung around on the sale page for a while as well. And as MGM pointed out, NA has performed quite well in the fan polls. Oh and to say NA isn't He-Man simply because it didn't look like him...LOL! 200X looked very different with the tiny pin head characters and giant bodies. With that logic 200X wasn't MotU either because it didn't look like He-Man. People are of course entitled to have their own opinions...but some people's motives are so transparent it's hysterical.
    Last edited by chuc98; November 6, 2015 at 09:12pm.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

  3. #78
    Heroic Warrior Wulff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,017
    Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    Before a mini-comics or Nu52 sub? To each their own....
    I don't really know anything about the mini-comics, but DC figures would be at the bottom of my list. Such ghastly designs.

  4. #79
    Pillar of the Community hadley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts
    8,660

    200x Second Sub Support Thread

    How did this thread become an argument over whether or not NA should get a sub? A mod should cast the spell of separation on this thread so people can fight over whether they'll sub for Vizar and Spinwit in one thread so the people who are interested in the actual topic at hand can talk about it.

  5. #80
    Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,333
    There certainly are enough characters for another 200x mini-sub. I would support it. Even though I do feel NA should be the next mini-sub, there are still 200x I want.

    1) Slime Pit Mutant
    2) Hawke
    3) King Miro
    4) Queen Adreeno
    5) King Taurius
    6) Snake Teela
    7) Exclusive Tuvar + Baddrah
    Rambo was a documentary filmed in real time.

  6. #81
    Heroic Warrior T-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    N.W. Indiana
    Posts
    1,021
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    How did this thread become an argument over whether or not NA should get a sub? A mod should cast the spell of separation on this thread so people can fight over whether they'll sub for Vizar and Spinwit in one thread so the people who are interested in the actual topic at hand can talk about it.

    I was thinking the exact same thing. Thank you!

    I don't go over to the NA mini sub speculation thread and say how much they don't deserve a sub. I don't have anything nice to say about that era so I don't participate in that thread. Simple.


    I have VERY high hopes to see some more 200x Characters. I sure hope all the Variant and Non variant characters make it into the line one day.
    MYP SKELETOR , Kay-la, ABC GIANTS, MYP Evil-lyn, MYP Sorceress, MYP Captain Miro, Queen Andreeno ,MYP King Randor, MYP or Dc Tri-Klops, MYP Squeeeze, General Rattlor, MYP Roboto

  7. #82
    Heroic Warrior No-Ah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    5,241
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

    You say NA did badly, ...
    You know what? If you can accuse the Masters of the Universe of being a flop and suggest that NA didn't do badly, we're not even in the same dimension. Down must be up for you and red must be purple. No words I could possible use would have their intended meaning. We're simply living in different realities.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Very well stated.

    And for anyone to suggest that New Adventures isn't Masters of the Universe simply because it didn't have that name as part of its title is laughable. Trolling and posting the same opinion over and over again doesn't make it fact either. Mattel did state that NA figures did sell less, okay. And? There have been 200X characters that have hung around on the sale page for a while as well. And as MGM pointed out, NA has performed quite well in the fan polls. Oh and to say NA isn't He-Man simply because it didn't look like him...LOL! 200X looked very different with the tiny pin head characters and giant bodies. With that logic 200X wasn't MotU either because it didn't look like He-Man. People are of course entitled to have their own opinions...but some people's motives are so transparent it's hysterical.
    As I said, NA wasn't MOTU because it did not feature the Masters AND they weren't in the title. They weren't anywhere in the show. Heck, they could have called the show Buck Rogers for all it had to do with He-Man....

    And I say NA's "He-Man" was not He-Man because he didn't look OR sound like him. His dialogue sounded to me like it was badly translated into English from some other language.

    NA did fine in last year's poll, which was limited to Org members, but did disastrously in the poll this year which was opened up to the internet at large.

    200X He-Man looked like He-Man, talked like He-Man and featured the Masters of the Universe, unlike NA.

    Not sure what "motives" you're suggesting I have, as you accuse me of trolling for defending 200X from NA "enthusiasts" in the 200X sub support thread. I mean, beyond the obvious one, that I am arguing FOR a second 200X sub.....

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Wulff View Post
    I don't really know anything about the mini-comics, but DC figures would be at the bottom of my list. Such ghastly designs.
    I would strongly suggest you consider picking up the new Dark Horse collected edition of all the mini-comics. It just came out, it's a beautiful collection, and quite reasonably priced.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    How did this thread become an argument over whether or not NA should get a sub? A mod should cast the spell of separation on this thread so people can fight over whether they'll sub for Vizar and Spinwit in one thread so the people who are interested in the actual topic at hand can talk about it.
    When NA "enthusiasts" appeared and began, yet again, demanding that there was a moral imperative to create still more of their unpopular figures over anything else.

    I would WELCOME IT if we could stop talking about how we supposedly all owe NA fans more and more charity and we could go back to talking about 200X.
    Last edited by No-Ah; November 7, 2015 at 01:46am.
    ALAS, POOR CLASSICS....

    Top want list: Mask of Power Demons, Snake Goddess Teela, GITD Goddess, Snake Mountain Man, Dree-Elle & Montork, 200X Beast-Man, Red Beast, Ra-Jar, Great Black Wizard, Dragoon, King Torius, 200x Centaur Chief, Queen Andreeno.

    WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM

  8. #83
    Council Elder Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    15,491
    Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    You know what? If you can accuse the Masters of the Universe of being a flop and suggest that NA didn't do badly, we're not even in the same dimension. Down must be up for you and red must be purple. No words I could possible use would have their intended meaning. We're simply living in different realities.
    MOTU did flop, badly in the 1987/88 range. MGM explained how the figures were peg warmers and we all know Power of Grayskull was cancelled (only the dinos and giants made it out). Most of the final MOTU figures were only released in Europe. The MOTU cartoon was also cancelled. Mattel had to do a dramatic change to He-Man because the stores would not take the same barbarian stuff which was tanking. It just wasn't selling. All this info is in many interviews online and on the DVDs.

    And I say NA's "He-Man" was not He-Man because he didn't look OR sound like him. His dialogue sounded to me like it was badly translated into English from some other language.
    I think that's really funny you say that because NA He-Man is 200X's Man-At-Arms.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

  9. #84
    Heroic Warrior No-Ah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    5,241
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    MOTU did flop, badly in the 1987/88 range. MGM explained how the figures were peg warmers and we all know Power of Grayskull was cancelled (only the dinos and giants made it out). Most of the final MOTU figures were only released in Europe. The MOTU cartoon was also cancelled. Mattel had to do a dramatic change to He-Man because the stores would not take the same barbarian stuff which was tanking. It just wasn't selling. All this info is in many interviews online and on the DVDs.
    MOTU ended. It had a historic run. By 1988 its fans had moved on, as they were always expected to. Were there still a few people at Mattel hoping to squeeze a couple more quarters out of it? Sure, but it was 5 years since the cartoon had ended and that just wasn't reasonable.

    By any metric which says MOTU flopped, NA must have been the Hindenburg!

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I think that's really funny you say that because NA He-Man is 200X's Man-At-Arms.
    I honestly do not know what this sentence means.


    I think its really interesting to see NA fans bashing MOTU. If anything could show that MOTU and NA are not the same thing, it would be that.
    ALAS, POOR CLASSICS....

    Top want list: Mask of Power Demons, Snake Goddess Teela, GITD Goddess, Snake Mountain Man, Dree-Elle & Montork, 200X Beast-Man, Red Beast, Ra-Jar, Great Black Wizard, Dragoon, King Torius, 200x Centaur Chief, Queen Andreeno.

    WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM

  10. #85
    Council Elder Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    15,491
    Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    MOTU ended. It had a historic run. By 1988 its fans had moved on, as they were always expected to. Were there still a few people at Mattel hoping to squeeze a couple more quarters out of it? Sure, but it was 5 years since the cartoon had ended and that just wasn't reasonable.

    By any metric which says MOTU flopped, NA must have been the Hindenburg!
    No-Ah, it flopped at that time period. Do kids get older and their interests change? Yes. However, there are more children in the world aged 3-12 (or whatever MOTU's target demographic was). The figures stopped selling. Retailers refused to carry MOTU (which is why I think the NA toyline was named "He-Man"). It just didn't work any more at that time, for whatever reason. In any property, new fans need to get pulled in to replace the ones who "grow out of it", get bored of it, get their fill of it, or just plain move on.

    I honestly do not know what this sentence means.
    The voice actor of NA He-Man is the same guy who does the voice of Man-At-Arms in the MYP (200X) series. I just thought it was funny because it sounded like you didn't like him.

    I think its really interesting to see NA fans bashing MOTU. If anything could show that MOTU and NA are not the same thing, it would be that.
    We're not bashing MOTU. Facts are facts. MOTU was on top of the world, then it flopped. The toyline and the movie (even though I love both). It was rebooted with NA (trying to tap into the popular space theme). That didn't take off like MOTU did in the early 80's and the fans of the previous incarnation were left devastated when He-Man left Eternia and everything else behind.

    If you look at other popular brands, there are times they have had sales drop, but they never stop putting product out: toys, comics, cartoons, movies, tv shows, etc. (like G.I. Joe and Transformers). MOTU died in the late 80's and Mattel tried to revive it by going in a new direction, which didn't go as planned. MOTU died again until 200X. Then, it died yet again, aside from the small collector lines (statues, stactions) and now MOTUC. With the popularity of the MOTUC line (which Mattel didn't really expect to be such a success), MOTU has started to make a bit of a comeback in the main public. We've got a new comic series, an Art Book, a Mini-Comic Collection, lots of other merchandise (t-shirts, other toys, etc.)...and this supposed movie that's been in development for over 10 years.

    If we didn't like MOTU, we wouldn't be here. Come on now, be serious.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

  11. #86
    The Man Shecky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    2,818
    The same voice actor who was the voice of He-Man from the NA cartoon is the same person who provided the voice for Man-At-Arms in the MYP cartoon.

    And regarding the issue of flopping, and correct me if I'm wrong MGM, but I believe Mega Gear Max was referring to the massive drop in sales from 1986 to 1987 ($400 million in '86 to $7 million in '87), and the fact that NA brought in $35 million in sales in 1989 per a news bit that Tallstar posted in the vintage forum.

    *Edit* Darkspecter beat me to it.

  12. #87
    Heroic Warrior No-Ah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    5,241
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    No-Ah, it flopped at that time period. Do kids get older and their interests change? Yes. However, there are more children in the world aged 3-12 (or whatever MOTU's target demographic was). The figures stopped selling. Retailers refused to carry MOTU (which is why I think the NA toyline was named "He-Man"). It just didn't work any more at that time, for whatever reason. In any property, new fans need to get pulled in to replace the ones who "grow out of it", get bored of it, get their fill of it, or just plain move on.



    The voice actor of NA He-Man is the same guy who does the voice of Man-At-Arms in the MYP (200X) series. I just thought it was funny because it sounded like you didn't like him.



    We're not bashing MOTU. Facts are facts. MOTU was on top of the world, then it flopped. The toyline and the movie (even though I love both). It was rebooted with NA (trying to tap into the popular space theme). That didn't take off like MOTU did in the early 80's and the fans of the previous incarnation were left devastated when He-Man left Eternia and everything else behind.

    If you look at other popular brands, there are times they have had sales drop, but they never stop putting product out: toys, comics, cartoons, movies, tv shows, etc. (like G.I. Joe and Transformers). MOTU died in the late 80's and Mattel tried to revive it by going in a new direction, which didn't go as planned. MOTU died again until 200X. Then, it died yet again, aside from the small collector lines (statues, stactions) and now MOTUC. With the popularity of the MOTUC line (which Mattel didn't really expect to be such a success), MOTU has started to make a bit of a comeback in the main public. We've got a new comic series, an Art Book, a Mini-Comic Collection, lots of other merchandise (t-shirts, other toys, etc.)...and this supposed movie that's been in development for over 10 years.

    If we didn't like MOTU, we wouldn't be here. Come on now, be serious.
    I haven't made any comments about the voice acting.

    I just think it is amazing to look at a toy line which sold such a vast amount of product and went into such heavy syndication and suggest it flopped simply because it had a limited lifespan of 8 or so years before disappearing for a while. On the contrary, I think it did very well to continue for so many years after they stopped making new He-Man cartoons.

    By any common metric, it did not flop. We can go around in circles some more if you want, but MOTU was not a flop simply because that first incarnation only had about 7-8 years of gas or so. And it is particularly daffy to argue out of one side of one's mouth that MOTU was a flop and then out of the other that then NA was somehow successful!

    That's all.

    And so, I do not see why it makes any sense at all to argue for more NA figures instead of a second 200X sub.

    $400,000,000 in 1987? Wow... that's a LOT!
    Last edited by No-Ah; November 7, 2015 at 03:20am.
    ALAS, POOR CLASSICS....

    Top want list: Mask of Power Demons, Snake Goddess Teela, GITD Goddess, Snake Mountain Man, Dree-Elle & Montork, 200X Beast-Man, Red Beast, Ra-Jar, Great Black Wizard, Dragoon, King Torius, 200x Centaur Chief, Queen Andreeno.

    WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM

  13. #88
    Heroic Warrior felgekarp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Sheffield, UK.
    Posts
    1,192
    I have no interest in any of the 200x figures, the new ones or the old ones, in fact the old figures looked terrible to me, however there's a lot of support for more figures, so while I wouldn't buy any of them I'd be happy for those that want them to get some more.

  14. #89
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    21,904
    Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    You know what? If you can accuse the Masters of the Universe of being a flop and suggest that NA didn't do badly, we're not even in the same dimension. Down must be up for you and red must be purple. No words I could possible use would have their intended meaning. We're simply living in different realities.
    Yeah. I live in a reality where I don't have an era bias, so I see things a bit more objectively.

    MOTU did flop in the end. It's short-sighted, but despite the crazy success that MOTU had in the early eighties, Mattel considers the original MOTU to be a flop because it wasn't some everlasting property like Barbie and Hot Wheels. Mattel didn't say, "Ah, that's it. We've got no more story to tell. We're closing our doors on He-Man." MOTU was trying to start something new with wizards and dinosaurs, but the public wasn't feeling it. So Mattel went in the opposite direction -- space.

    As I said, NA wasn't MOTU because it did not feature the Masters AND they weren't in the title. They weren't anywhere in the show. Heck, they could have called the show Buck Rogers for all it had to do with He-Man....
    Jack Olesker said that was under Mattel's orders. They wanted to push new media. That means cutting ties with old media and burying it. With that mentality, why did you think 200X had a hell of a time getting support earlier in this line, when management considered that era to be a failure? Remember, this was 1989. The relevance that MOTU has didn't exist yet.

    And I say NA's "He-Man" was not He-Man because he didn't look OR sound like him. His dialogue sounded to me like it was badly translated into English from some other language.

    200X He-Man looked like He-Man, talked like He-Man and featured the Masters of the Universe, unlike NA.
    That's your NA bias talking. MYP He-Man also had a different haircut from Filmation He-Man, different outfit, hell even a different sword, just like NA He-Man did. This is no different than the Filmation fans looking down on MYP He-Man.

    NA did fine in last year's poll, which was limited to Org members, but did disastrously in the poll this year which was opened up to the internet at large.
    You hate NA so much that NA is incapable of having ANY success. You can't even admit that two of their characters made the top 35. The rest of the roster made the top 70, beating out all of the other characters. Sure the NA characters aren't the first to be wanted, but there is an interest.

    I would strongly suggest you consider picking up the new Dark Horse collected edition of all the mini-comics. It just came out, it's a beautiful collection, and quite reasonably priced.
    Ironically, you're telling Wulff about learning about the mini-comics, but did YOU read the NA mini-comics in that collection? That isn't Jetlag canon.

    Not sure what "motives" you're suggesting I have, as you accuse me of trolling for defending 200X from NA "enthusiasts" in the 200X sub support thread. I mean, beyond the obvious one, that I am arguing FOR a second 200X sub.....

    When NA "enthusiasts" appeared and began, yet again, demanding that there was a moral imperative to create still more of their unpopular figures over anything else.

    I would WELCOME IT if we could stop talking about how we supposedly all owe NA fans more and more charity and we could go back to talking about 200X.
    No doubt. NA fans want their shot at a Club as well.

    Personally, I don't think an NA subscription would make it, BUT I hope that Mattel has a contingency plan in place just in case the NA sub failed. Filmation has two subs -- one for variants and one for unique characters. 200X/MYP might as well get another sub too.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    The same voice actor who was the voice of He-Man from the NA cartoon is the same person who provided the voice for Man-At-Arms in the MYP cartoon.
    Gary Chalk was the voice of NA He-Man. He was also the voice of 200X Man-At-Arms.

    And regarding the issue of flopping, and correct me if I'm wrong MGM, but I believe Mega Gear Max was referring to the massive drop in sales from 1986 to 1987 ($400 million in '86 to $7 million in '87), and the fact that NA brought in $35 million in sales in 1989 per a news bit that Tallstar posted in the vintage forum.
    Exactly. How does NA flop from 1989 to 1992? I wish Visionaries flopped for four years...I might have gotten Galadria and Virulina.

    NA did better in it's first year, than MOTU did in it's final year.

    The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

    Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

  15. #90
    Heroic Warrior Barezz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Posts
    2,274
    Why do you guys even argue with him? He is never going to accept anything other than his rigid views on NA. And he will just continue to bash you over the head with his opinion disguised as intellectually factual arguments over and over and over until you get tired of endless debates and quit replying.

    You have a better chance of convincing Captain Ahab to avoid the ocean.

    Anywhoo, back on topic...

    I guess for me it would depend on the characters being offered. If it was a 200X variant line, that would potentially be more interesting to me. While I like how enough of the characters have turned out in the 200X sub, they are C and D list characters, and the more popular ones at that. I don't know that "background character on the Council" or "Dude that had a few lines in one episode" would be very exciting to me.

    Now a sub that had some 200X styled variants of say, Beastman, Whiplash (could reuse some of the Ceratus parts and the 200X head), Sorceress, or Evil-lyn would be appealing, maybe with a couple of new characters tossed in.
    VBulletin Total Ignore provides improved ignore functionality and removes quoted messages and any post made by an ignored user in a thread.

    Information on how to download: https://greasyfork.org/en

    The user script itself: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/91...n-total-ignore

  16. #91
    Scaly photo artist Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Skeletor's back
    Posts
    2,053
    I'd definately buy a second 200X sub! I'd LOVE to have Hawke or a new Roboto.
    Regarding the discussion about a NA sub: I myself would definately get it! There are some GREAT characters left to do! Sadly I have my doubts it would make the cut. At least we're definitely getting three more characters in 2016 .

    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Yeah. I live in a reality where I don't have an era bias, so I see things a bit more objectively.

    MOTU did flop in the end. It's short-sighted, but despite the crazy success that MOTU had in the early eighties, Mattel considers the original MOTU to be a flop because it wasn't some everlasting property like Barbie and Hot Wheels. Mattel didn't say, "Ah, that's it. We've got no more story to tell. We're closing our doors on He-Man." MOTU was trying to start something new with wizards and dinosaurs, but the public wasn't feeling it. So Mattel went in the opposite direction -- space.



    Jack Olesker said that was under Mattel's orders. They wanted to push new media. That means cutting ties with old media and burying it. With that mentality, why did you think 200X had a hell of a time getting support earlier in this line, when management considered that era to be a failure? Remember, this was 1989. The relevance that MOTU has didn't exist yet.



    That's your NA bias talking. MYP He-Man also had a different haircut from Filmation He-Man, different outfit, hell even a different sword, just like NA He-Man did. This is no different than the Filmation fans looking down on MYP He-Man.



    You hate NA so much that NA is incapable of having ANY success. You can't even admit that two of their characters made the top 35. The rest of the roster made the top 70, beating out all of the other characters. Sure the NA characters aren't the first to be wanted, but there is an interest.



    Ironically, you're telling Wulff about learning about the mini-comics, but did YOU read the NA mini-comics in that collection? That isn't Jetlag canon.



    No doubt. NA fans want their shot at a Club as well.

    Personally, I don't think an NA subscription would make it, BUT I hope that Mattel has a contingency plan in place just in case the NA sub failed. Filmation has two subs -- one for variants and one for unique characters. 200X/MYP might as well get another sub too.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Gary Chalk was the voice of NA He-Man. He was also the voice of 200X Man-At-Arms.



    Exactly. How does NA flop from 1989 to 1992? I wish Visionaries flopped for four years...I might have gotten Galadria and Virulina.

    NA did better in it's first year, than MOTU did in it's final year.
    I agree with everything you wrote here, MGM.
    Press down on dragon's head. It sprays enemies with a jet of water!
    Press down on a camera's shutter release. It will take pictures that tell stories!

  17. #92
    Heroic Warrior
    chuc98's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    8,166
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Yeah. I live in a reality where I don't have an era bias, so I see things a bit more objectively.

    MOTU did flop in the end. It's short-sighted, but despite the crazy success that MOTU had in the early eighties, Mattel considers the original MOTU to be a flop because it wasn't some everlasting property like Barbie and Hot Wheels. Mattel didn't say, "Ah, that's it. We've got no more story to tell. We're closing our doors on He-Man." MOTU was trying to start something new with wizards and dinosaurs, but the public wasn't feeling it. So Mattel went in the opposite direction -- space.



    Jack Olesker said that was under Mattel's orders. They wanted to push new media. That means cutting ties with old media and burying it. With that mentality, why did you think 200X had a hell of a time getting support earlier in this line, when management considered that era to be a failure? Remember, this was 1989. The relevance that MOTU has didn't exist yet.



    That's your NA bias talking. MYP He-Man also had a different haircut from Filmation He-Man, different outfit, hell even a different sword, just like NA He-Man did. This is no different than the Filmation fans looking down on MYP He-Man.



    You hate NA so much that NA is incapable of having ANY success. You can't even admit that two of their characters made the top 35. The rest of the roster made the top 70, beating out all of the other characters. Sure the NA characters aren't the first to be wanted, but there is an interest.



    Ironically, you're telling Wulff about learning about the mini-comics, but did YOU read the NA mini-comics in that collection? That isn't Jetlag canon.



    No doubt. NA fans want their shot at a Club as well.

    Personally, I don't think an NA subscription would make it, BUT I hope that Mattel has a contingency plan in place just in case the NA sub failed. Filmation has two subs -- one for variants and one for unique characters. 200X/MYP might as well get another sub too.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Gary Chalk was the voice of NA He-Man. He was also the voice of 200X Man-At-Arms.



    Exactly. How does NA flop from 1989 to 1992? I wish Visionaries flopped for four years...I might have gotten Galadria and Virulina.

    NA did better in it's first year, than MOTU did in it's final year.
    Thank you! Excellent post!

    As for how NA was brought up...gee I wonder...
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

  18. #93
    Heroic Warrior marndt8448's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,881
    I'd love a second 200X sub!

    I'll hold out hope for a 200X King Randor and a 200X Sorceress until this line finally calls it quits.
    Other than those two variants I'd hope for as many new characters as possible in a second 200X sub.

    King Miro would be at the top of my list, it would be cool to get the 4H's Zodax alien enforcer, I'd take more council members, Illumina, and I really like the Tuvar and Baddhra idea.

  19. #94
    Angast's #1 fan Bonehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Windy City South Suburbs
    Posts
    5,556
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    How did this thread become an argument over whether or not NA should get a sub? A mod should cast the spell of separation on this thread so people can fight over whether they'll sub for Vizar and Spinwit in one thread so the people who are interested in the actual topic at hand can talk about it.
    While I agree with the sentiment, if the mods wanted to do something they would have done it.


    The last thing we need is more backseat-moderation. mjw41 has already got that covered in almost every other thread.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    He's talking about Masque coming with NA He-Man parts. I feel 2016 was overloaded with NA as well and am not opposed to an NA mini sub just so that they stay out of the main sub for a change and only go to the people that want them.
    I think almost everyone would agree with that sentiment including No-Ah.

    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Masters of the Universe flopped.
    That's just a bold face lie there.

    MOTU didn't flop. It just ran it course just like NA.

    It happens for every line....not named Star Wars.

  20. #95
    Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    4,425
    I believe this thread is about a 200x 2nd sub support discussion so let's get back on track. If you want to talk NA, there are other threads out there to continue that conversation. Thanks.
    PS4 contact: Petruk1976
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...edback-Thread!

  21. #96
    Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    3,349
    I would like a second MOTUC 200x mini-sub! This is what I'd like to see:

    1. Illumina
    2. King Miro
    3. Hawke
    4. Sortech
    5. Slime Pit Monster
    6. Ice-Armor He-Man

    with

    7. Re-deco/"disco" Skeletor as the Sub Exclusive!

  22. #97
    Heroic Warrior Steph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    In the mitten.
    Posts
    3,431
    After giving it some thought, these are the figures I personally want most:

    Randor Captain or King
    Battle Armor Randor/Marlena 2 pack
    200x/MYP Skeletor (bone white head please with cape)

    Queen Andrenos
    King Taurus
    King Miro
    Hawke
    Sorceress


    I would be fine with Tuvar, Baddar, Evil Lyn, Teela, IA He-man and various others.

  23. #98
    Midwestern She-Raver Salamandra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    1,118
    Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post

    7. Re-deco/"disco" Skeletor as the Sub Exclusive!
    Oh, yes! There MUST be a Disco Skeletor available at some point! I love Disco Skeletor!

    My top wants:

    1. Hawke
    2. Ice Armor He-Man vs Fire Armor Skeletor
    3. 200x Sorceress vs. 200x Evil Lyn
    4. Illumina and Sleetah
    5. Gen. Rattlor
    6. Odiphus

    I'd also like to see a 200X-styled armor pack for the POP gals. Most of the Classics designs for the POP gals are boring, and I'd like a chance to change things up a bit with some armor, capes, headdresses, and weapons like the ones that gbagok does in the character bios thread. Maybe with a few nods to the vintage toys and the Fantastic Fashions.

  24. #99
    Heroic Warrior mjw41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    6,424
    1) 200x skeletor
    2) 200x Sorceress
    3) Queen Andrenos
    4) 200x Evil-Lyn
    5)Stingrad
    6) 200x King Randor
    7) Exclusive: Old Man Marzo & Odiphus two pack
    Last edited by mjw41; January 7, 2016 at 09:50am.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

    Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.


    Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

    Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

  25. #100
    Heroic Warrior Lipster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    1,598
    I have my 200x wants but disco Skeletor is not one of them.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •