Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1:4 She-Ra statue from PCS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

1:4 She-Ra statue from PCS

Here is a sneak peak from PCS:

Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

This is what I have been waiting for....Forever! I can't wait to own this. I hope she is in her transformation sword aloft pose. The most iconic image of She-Ra.

Its good to see they totally captured the true Filmation tiara as well! ☺

I do think her nose nostrils need to be a touch wider & the whites of her eyes need to possibly be reduced just a touch or the Iris and pupil increased a fraction. There is a little something not 100 % with the eyes and nose nostrals IMO. Still looks great though. Thanks for sharing this little sneek peek. I'm sure Emiliano will make sure this is addressed .

(Emilianio just told me this pic is purely for reference and they are touching up a few things. They have doubled their efforts on She-Ra! This statue will be outstanding I am sure. Apparently the picture above has already been updated to bring it even more on model.)

Last edited by Angel-T; December 13, 2015 at 04:01pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Totally Dyslexic
    I seriously hope they use exactly that first picture you proposed.

In that picture she is missing those weird streaks of hair that fall over her shoulder. I never liked those and everyone who got them looks stupid to me.
    So i would love to see them not being made
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Quartzara(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Are we certain that this piece will be a statue? The email described it as a sculpture, so it could be a bust. PCS normally shows more than just a head shot when teasing a new statue.

Either way, I can't wait to see the final product!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Could be. Guess we'll find out!
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    Are we certain that this piece will be a statue? The email described it as a sculpture, so it could be a bust. PCS normally shows more than just a head shot when teasing a new statue.

Either way, I can't wait to see the final product!!
    For Hordak they showed only a 3d image of the head, with a design of a general concept, so i hope PCS has simply forgot the second part!

I'm waiting for a normal statue, not for a bust.

This will be a must buy for me! She will stand nicely with He-Man. It also has me thinking about going back and getting Skeletor and Hordak.

Disenchanted Toy Hunter 80's Enthusiast's Avatar
    For the non believers

Quote Originally Posted by 80's Enthusiast View Post
    When you overlay the model with the line art of course it looks good. That doesn't mean the statue looks that way though. I think it comes down to some of the Filmation stuff is hard to translate out of the 2D environment we are use to. I had issues with the He-Man statue's face, even after getting him in person. Less issue with Mattel's Filmation He-Man figure though, so I think really good translations are possible. It is just tricky.

I really look forward to seeing more regular pictures of the statue, which may alter my opinion of the face and gold/yellow clashes. Regardless, she will be proudly standing next to the He-Man one in my house.

Yeah, I saw that overlay online and figured someone would post it to "shut mouths" (as the sentiment was stated elsewhere). I still stand by the fact that it doesn't look quite right in these pictures, to me. I'm not saying it looks bad, just not exactly as I would expect.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Disenchanted Toy Hunter 80's Enthusiast's Avatar
    I'll agree that it looks a little too high but there is little that can be done to translate 2d to 3d. Something has to give. I didn't see Emil's flippant statement until after I posted it.

He's right though, it's as on model as it can possibly be. Complaining that it doesn't look right is pretty pointless

quick photoshop with a lowered tiara. Maybe helps a little but doesnt make any huge difference IMO, the statue is fantastic as it is.
    Welcome to my Shapeways shop (Filmation inspired heads and accessories)
    http://www.shapeways.com/shops/eternalcustoms
    My facebook page:
    https://m.facebook.com/eternalcustoms
    Most Wanted MOTUC: Melaktha, Kittrina, King Helios, Colossor, Zilora, Dragoon

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    From the neck down she looks awesome...But that Base though......

...Skeletors base looks like snake mountain, He mans looks like Grayskull.....um.

..how much of POP was set in a Gray quarry??

also....we finally know where Carol Anne ended up...

ka
    Drowning in a Sea of Plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post

...Skeletors base looks like snake mountain, He mans looks like Grayskull.....um.

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...pszyf0ozjk.png

ka
    Thank you for the solid laugh Staff of Ka- the base and Carol Anne comments were really funny to me. I agree the base could have been much better... I was thinking it would be a clear pink with crystal shapes to reflect her castle, but my main issue is with how big her forehead is, why does her hair start so far back, this is a conehead She-Ra, hopefully just the shots?

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by antimas View Post
    Thank you for the solid laugh Staff of Ka- the base and Carol Anne comments were really funny to me. I agree the base could have been much better... I was thinking it would be a clear pink with crystal shapes to reflect her castle, but my main issue is with how big her forehead is, why does her hair start so far back, this is a conehead She-Ra, hopefully just the shots?
    As Im not a Filmation fan I cant weigh in on anything regarding the face really, But I have to say that from an outsiders perspective the face looks far too young.

But the one aspect I will happily swing in on...the Stand! I just dont get why its a gray blob? The few scenes Ive seen of 'Filmation POP' its all about color (not necessarily Pink) but Vibrant colors.

And Im sure that any fan of she ra would understand fully that the concept and property is colorful -Especially the Filmation Style- So they cant hide behind the same 'we didnt want to alienate Potential buys by using Pinks etc' that TG spun back in Early MOTUC days when the first muted POP were revealed.
    Drowning in a Sea of Plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...pszyf0ozjk.png

ka
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Zodac666 View Post
    quick photoshop with a lowered tiara. Maybe helps a little but doesnt make any huge difference IMO, the statue is fantastic as it is. http://i561.photobucket.com/albums/s...9610951_o2.jpg
    That small change makes a HUGE difference! I'd buy that version.
    I certainly wouldn't buy the existing version without seeing more photos. (Which is a shame cos I've put money aside to buy her)
    And, I get the she's on model, but that doesn't mean she looks good.

Master of Disasters MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Overall I think she looks great, but with a few minor changes she could be perfect!!!

Not sure I'll be able to round up the money for her, but she's definitely a statue I'd love to add to my collection.
    MOST WANTED: Filmation Whiplash, Filmation Ram Man, Filmation Two-Bad, Filmation Buzz-Off, Filmation Sy-Klone, Ice Armor He-Man

Master of Disasters MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Thanks to all that have sent me PM's about my health condition. I'll try to reply to all when I'm feeling better.
    MOST WANTED: Filmation Whiplash, Filmation Ram Man, Filmation Two-Bad, Filmation Buzz-Off, Filmation Sy-Klone, Ice Armor He-Man

Ordered one! I hope this isn't the last statue. Someone needs to make a King Hiss statue so we can have a statue of all the leaders!!
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jmb410s View Post
    Ordered one! I hope this isn't the last statue. Someone needs to make a King Hiss statue so we can have a statue of all the leaders!!
    Since King Hiss doesn't appear in the Filmation cartoon I really doubt about that.
    But you can vote here to select the ones you would love to see :

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...o-see-from-PCS

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Thanks to all that have sent me PM's about my health condition. I'll try to reply to all when I'm feeling better.
    You are one of the most reliable and kind collector on boards buddy, everyone here wish you to feel better asap !
    take care !
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

My PCS She-Ra statue is on the way, finally, after almost 3 years. Coincidentally, I just finished a payment plan for the Sideshow She-Ra statue as well, and it is also on the way. So, I am about to be in She-Ra statue overload (not to mention the Super7 DreamWorks She-Ra and Filmation figures also coming soon!).

Sent from my SM-T827V using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Mine is on the way! Will be here Tuesday.

My She-Ra arrived today. She had a few issues.

20190225_144918.jpg
    20190225_144928.jpg
    20190225_144938.jpg
    20190225_153910.jpg

I emailed Sideshow, fingers crossed they will sort this all out.
    Last edited by Angel-T; February 25, 2019 at 12:01pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    My She-Ra arrived today. She had a few issues.

20190225_144918.jpg
    20190225_144928.jpg
    20190225_144938.jpg
    20190225_153910.jpg

I emailed Sideshow, fingers crossed they will sort this all out.
    Oh no! Waiting all that time only for it to arrive broken and damaged is unacceptable! I hope they take care of this!
    Instagram: toysgotme