Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Support Thread for Rotar & Twistoid to be reissued!

Heroic Warrior

Support Thread for Rotar & Twistoid to be reissued!

Normally I wouldn't start a thread like this, but I'm spurred on by the Horde Trooper (apparently) receiving a single carded release after the demand from collectors.

Unless Matty are still sitting on a huge pile of Rotar and Twistoid (which we don't know for sure), they should really consider re-releasing it.

Let's face it, most of us on here didn't get a set. This isn't a Shadow Weaver or Horde Trooper situation either. Those were guaranteed when we signed up. We had a chance with those releases...most of us didn't get the chance with THIS one because it was out-of-sub with NO Early Access!

So yeah, because of that, I think we should be given another shot at these. Whether its as single card releases OR in correctly printed up 2-packs with Rotar's name plate under Rotar and Twistoid's name plate under Twistoid.

What do ya'll think?
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    Normally I wouldn't start a thread like this, but I'm spurred on by the Horde Trooper (apparently) receiving a single carded release after the demand from collectors.

Unless Matty are still sitting on a huge pile of Rotar and Twistoid (which we don't know for sure), they should really consider re-releasing it.

Let's face it, most of us on here didn't get a set. This isn't a Shadow Weaver or Horde Trooper situation either. Those were guaranteed when we signed up. We had a chance with those releases...most of us didn't get the chance with THIS one because it was out-of-sub with NO Early Access!

So yeah, because of that, I think we should be given another shot at these. Whether its as single card releases OR in correctly printed up 2-packs with Rotar's name plate under Rotar and Twistoid's name plate under Twistoid.

What do ya'll think?
    Here here! I don't care if they are carded, boxed or bagged. I just want the figures I should have had first crack at when committing to a $600 annual subscription to complete my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Guy View Post
    Here here! I don't care if they are carded, boxed or bagged. I just want the figures I should have had first crack at when committing to a $600 annual subscription to complete my collection.
    ^ x100,000 This! I double subbed for 2015 CE & Club 200X, x4 CE 2014 & x2 POP...& if I end up with x4 Unnamed Ones, x4 Gwildor "deluxe" sets, x4 Too Tall Glimmers, x2 NA She-Ra figures, x2 200X Snake Armor He-Man vs x2 "King Half-Hiss'" & x2 DARE (Promised by Guru Not to be in the sub until..... well it was too late for us) ....BUT I don't get to fufill my loose VINTAGE Collection....you know...the whole reason Mattel has THOUSANDS of dollars of my money....I'll be SO ANGRY. I will NOT buy them on the Secondary market at these prices....& should NOT Have to either.

MATTY....I was promised The Energy Zoids 2-pk would be in EA for subscribers....so fulfill your company's promise. If you have more ....TELL US NOW. If you do NOT have more....get going on producing them again! It's only right we get a chance at them 1st as promised....you know like the "if you sub for CE 2015 you'll get this cool Snake Torso" (you owe me x2 of those for free)...I'll gladly pay the SDCC price for my x2-3 Energy Zoids: Rotar vs. Twistoid. 2pks. though.
    Last edited by invisibleboy; February 17, 2016 at 03:22am.
    invisibleboy - Unseen, But DEFINITELY NOT Unheard! Sorry bout it.

I don't have them and I would buy them.
    ALAS, POOR CLASSICS....

Top want list: Mask of Power Demons, Snake Goddess Teela, GITD Goddess, Snake Mountain Man, Dree-Elle & Montork, 200X Beast-Man, Red Beast, Ra-Jar, Great Black Wizard, Dragoon, King Torius, 200x Centaur Chief, Queen Andreeno.

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM

Heroic Warrior
    Nothing is promised or guaranteed to be in Early Access. That said, Rotar and Twistoid should have been there.

I don't need any more of this set but support the principle of having important figures made available again. I just wish they would do it for the really important ones like Teela and Fisto.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by VaultsofGrayskull View Post
    Nothing is promised or guaranteed to be in Early Access. That said, Rotar and Twistoid should have been there.

I don't need any more of this set but support the principle of having important figures made available again. I just wish they would do it for the really important ones like Teela and Fisto.
    Actually, they did promise these would be in early access. Part of selling the sub was the promise of SDCC exclusives in early access.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_mole_hill View Post
    Actually, they did promise these would be in early access. Part of selling the sub was the promise of SDCC exclusives in early access.
    Agreed completely!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by He-Guy View Post
    Quoted for truth!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    I don't have them and I would buy them.
    Hell yeah! Times two!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Seeing as Mattel love to preserve the collectability of the first release, they can release both Rotar and Twistoid on separate cards minus legs and extras.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    Agreed completely!

- - - Updated - - -

Quoted for truth!

- - - Updated - - -

Hell yeah! Times two!
    yes, all this is absolutely true. And of course I also missed the set - and would Need one. With These two guys they almost recreated the complete vintage Feeling: they are as hard to come by as there vintage Counterparts... great work...

The biggest glaring hole in my collection thus far.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.lukespicer.com

I picked up a set off ebay when sdcc was on but there's plenty of people still missing out on them so I'd like to see them back up for sale.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamike1977 View Post
    yes, all this is absolutely true. And of course I also missed the set - and would Need one. With These two guys they almost recreated the complete vintage Feeling: they are as hard to come by as there vintage Counterparts... great work...
    Very true!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fright Zone View Post
    The biggest glaring hole in my collection thus far.
    Most definitely! I'm a completist and not having these is annoying as hell!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by felgekarp View Post
    I picked up a set off ebay when sdcc was on but there's plenty of people still missing out on them so I'd like to see them back up for sale.
    Good on you! Good attitude!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Seeing as Mattel love to preserve the collectability of the first release, they can release both Rotar and Twistoid on separate cards minus legs and extras.
    I'd agree with that...except that I still really want the legs!

Heroic Warrior
    I don't think Mattel has actually promised anything during the entire life of the line; everything has always been accompanied by disclaimers (unsurprisingly).

But that doesn't affect the purpose of this thread, which I support.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

I really want a second set,once I received my first set I felt the changing of the torso was just a recipe for disaster. The seem a bit brittle on mine. I want a second set to display the spin bottoms.

For some reason on that sale day I rushed to buy these,yet I felt they would last for days or weeks. My subconscious kicked in I guess.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Heroic Warrior
    I'd by another set, so I support this.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

I missed them, I had a sub, and I would like to buy them.

Heroic Master of Typos davidlogan's Avatar
    We were promised a shot at them in EA and Mattel didn't deliver!

I would buy a re-issue!

Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    We were promised a shot at them in EA and Mattel didn't deliver!

I would buy a re-issue!
    Yes we were. I hope the fandom at comic con this year rembers that and gets answers.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Same here.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Scaly photo artist Dragonblaster's Avatar
    I'd buy them.
    Would have already if Mattel had made that possible...
    Press down on dragon's head. It sprays enemies with a jet of water!
    Press down on a camera's shutter release. It will take pictures that tell stories!

I want a set also

I need a set too! These are the only vintage figures I do not have and I giant hole in my collection! I also consider them not including them in EA as promised is the biggest offense that happened last year!

Yes, please! I really wanted them, but missed out on the sale. The reason that I subbed was so that these sort of things wouldn't happen. Isn't that why the sub model was put in place all those years ago? So people wouldn't have issues with fast sellouts?

Customer: Missed out again! Damn these fast sellouts!

Mattel: How about you sub up and have your figures guaranteed? You'll even get Early Access!

Customer: Hey, yeah. That sounds great! I'll do that!

Rotar and Twistoid: SUCKER! *They laugh, high five each other and spin away*.
    Orko: It's like the Sorceress said: sometimes, the ones who seem the worst, need our help the most.
    He-Man: You're learning.

I have them, but it's a shame that too many fans missed out on them, so bring them on!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Crita is coming... Now I NEED SONGSTER! The Awesometastic Bard!

Heroic Warrior
    I'd buy at least one, maybe two.

And Mattel did promise that subscribers would have first crack at these in EA. They didn't promise that there would be enough for everyone, but they did promise that whatever they did have would be offered to subscribers first. So by making more, or releasing anymore they might have, then that will help to make up for that.