Thread: Battle Cats Production Years Help!

Court Magician

Battle Cats Production Years Help!

Hello! I am sorry if this has been posted, I googled a bit and didn't see anything.

Looking at the production years on my Battle Cats and unlike a lot of the figures it looks like there are many. I have what appears to be 1976 and 1978 as well as 1981, 1982, and 1983 from lots that I have purchased. Which is more rare. Also it sure looks like 1976, and is much larger than the obvious 1978's I have. I know they came from the big Jim molds, but if it is true why not use one mold? Just curious if anyone can help me out! Thanks guys!

so, no one has any history on the production years of the mighty battle cat???
    Last edited by neusch23; January 18, 2012 at 10:17pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Yes, there are many, many US variations. There are the year variations you mentioned and also country of production versions, different stripe patterns, different stripe colors, different mouth and eye paint apps. No to mention all of the foreign releases such as Top Toys.

I don't know of a full list, or pictures, but it sounds like a big project...

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Van Pelt View Post
    Yes, there are many, many US variations. There are the year variations you mentioned and also country of production versions, different stripe patterns, different stripe colors, different mouth and eye paint apps. No to mention all of the foreign releases such as Top Toys.

I don't know of a full list, or pictures, but it sounds like a big project...
    I swear I have more than one that states 1976 and 1978. Just trying to confirm this. I know of the 1978 mold, but have never seen reference to any from 1976. Wondering if these are more rare, and if they are from the first batches of production.

Quote Originally Posted by neusch23 View Post
    Hello! I am sorry if this has been posted, I googled a bit and didn't see anything.

Looking at the production years on my Battle Cats and unlike a lot of the figures it looks like there are many. I have what appears to be 1976 and 1978 as well as 1981, 1982, and 1983 from lots that I have purchased. Which is more rare. Also it sure looks like 1976, and is much larger than the obvious 1978's I have. I know they came from the big Jim molds, but if it is true why not use one mold? Just curious if anyone can help me out! Thanks guys!

so, no one has any history on the production years of the mighty battle cat???
    Battle Cat and Panthor were both from reused molds from Mattel's Tarzan and the Jungle Cat which is a black panther and is the source of the 1976 date. The date is much larger than on the latter European Big Jim on the Tiger Trail cat from 1978. My black panther has the large 1976 date. My Big Jim tiger has the 1978 date in small lettering. One Battle Cat has 1978 in small lettering, the other 1976 in large lettering. My Panthor has 1976 in large lettering on it. In the picture are the Big Jim Tiger, a white painted Battle Cat, Battle Cat, Tarzan's panther, Panthor, and another painted Battlecat.

battle-cats.gif
    Last edited by Amra; January 22, 2012 at 11:48pm.

Widget

Big help

Just looked up this question. So glad i found a answer. Thanks.