Thread: Little He-Man reference in the New York Times

Heroic Warrior

Little He-Man reference in the New York Times

I figured I'd share this here, hopefully it's cool. In my day job, away from He-Man fandom, I write and draw a series of graphic novels about Greek mythology. Recently, the New York Times invited me to draw a comic paying homage to any book I particularly loved, and I decided to create a tribute to D'Aularies' Book of Greek Myths.

The MOTU connection comes in when I talk about how I was primed as a youngster to love a book like D'Aulaires' and the role He-Man played in my love of monsters and musclemen. I even snuck in a drawing of He-Man himself, but note it's the savage so-called Wonder-Bread variant-- he was my personal He-Man growing up.

I don't think this violates forum rules, and there's nothing political or inappropriate in it, so if you'd like you can click here to read my little tribute to He-Man and D'Aulaires'.

Very cool, post pictures.

Update:
    I found the link.

Nice work. I will read this for sure.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by geooco View Post
    I figured I'd share this here, hopefully it's cool. In my day job, away from He-Man fandom, I write and draw a series of graphic novels about Greek mythology. Recently, the New York Times invited me to draw a comic paying homage to any book I particularly loved, and I decided to create a tribute to D'Aularies' Book of Greek Myths.

The MOTU connection comes in when I talk about how I was primed as a youngster to love a book like D'Aulaires' and the role He-Man played in my love of monsters and musclemen. I even snuck in a drawing of He-Man himself, but note it's the savage so-called Wonder-Bread variant-- he was my personal He-Man growing up.

I don't think this violates forum rules, and there's nothing political or inappropriate in it, so if you'd like you can click here to read my little tribute to He-Man and D'Aulaires'.
    An artist and graphic novel writer? how cool
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.