Thread: Falkor from Neverending Story sounded like Man-at-Arms

Falkor from Neverending Story sounded like Man-at-Arms

For those who grew up watching NES, who else noticed as a kid that he sounded just like Man-At-Arms? well later on as a teen in the mid 90s when the internet was around, i did research then found out it was Alan Oppenheimer.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    For those who grew up watching NES, who else noticed as a kid that he sounded just like Man-At-Arms? well later on as a teen in the mid 90s when the internet was around, i did research then found out it was Alan Oppenheimer.
    I can't tell you how many times I've watched that movie during my life (even recently), and I NEVER noticed! Wow! He was so ingrained in my memory as a unique character that I loved - even named multiple pets after - that I never thought of his voice as anyone's but his own. I almost always recognize Alan Oppenheimer's voice acting, but not this time. I dare say, I love the character even more, now!
    Some remaining, post 2017-Reveals, WANTS:
    Kittrina, Lady Slither, Garth, Master Sebrian, Skeleteen, Kay-La, (comic)Garn, Meliac, Sagitar, Melog, Spirit of Evil, Slime Pit He-Man, Artilla, Drissi, Caz, Grot, Melaktha, Scrollos, Hunga, Rajar, Bubblor, Songster, Red Beast, Zed, NA Sorceress, Staghorn, Col. Blast...and hoping to someday see a Fright Zone with Slime Pit!

Heroic Warrior
    Wow live and learn . That Al pops up in the strangest places .

Yep, MAA or a much friendlier Skeletor. Of course, I was older when that movie came out and recognized a lot of the voice actors.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"Always looking around, but never looking up, I'm so double-minded. A plank-eyed saint with dirty hands and a heart divided."
    -Casting Crowns, "Jesus Friend of Sinners"

Yeah, I was watching that a few months back, and for the first time noticed who the voice actor was. Falkor sounds somewhere in between Man-At-Arms and Battle Cat.

As a kid, I never even knew that Falkor was Skeletor! I didn't even know Alan voiced Falkor until Power Con '13.

He also voiced Gmork who sounded like an evil Battlecat and Beastman.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Hang in there, Bow! Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    Hahaha! I introduced my 10-year-old niece to this classic film on my birthday, and OMG, like others here I've sene this movie lots of times, but I never noticed! Now that you point it out, Falkor does sound like Duncan!

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    He also voiced Gmork who sounded like an evil Battlecat and Beastman.
    This was really surprising to me---I never "heard" Alan in G'mork's voice before. But now that you mention the comparison, if I think about it I can kind of hear Beastman and Battlecat a bit in G'mork's voice.

What a very, very talented voice artist...
    Welcome to The She-Ra Photo Museum! Thousands of screencaps from Filmation's classic 1980's toon! For the Honor of Grayskull!

Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"