Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fractured Realms - MOTU Webcomic

Heroic Warrior

Fractured Realms - MOTU Webcomic

Hey All,

I wanted to share a comic idea I've had in my head for a while. The comic will be He-man-centric but will involve pretty much every cartoon character from the '80s. Hope you enjoy the first couple of pages.

Evil Sorcerer & Commander Zargon's Avatar
    Great idea & execution so far. Looking forward to MOORE.
    Top MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither, Tuvar & Baddrah 2-pack

I like every frame except frame 8, the one where He-man's face is completely black, I get it's is the shadow, but it's just too dark. The story is great, the idea sounds awesome too. I was hoping to read more.

The cover is epic, and the close up on their eyes for their thoughts is a really cool idea.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Zargon View Post
    Great idea & execution so far. Looking forward to MOORE.
    Ha. Thanks Zargon. I hope to have the next page done tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    I like every frame except frame 8, the one where He-man's face is completely black, I get it's is the shadow, but it's just too dark. The story is great, the idea sounds awesome too. I was hoping to read more.

The cover is epic, and the close up on their eyes for their thoughts is a really cool idea.
    I get what you're saying. When I was drawing it the idea seemed cool in my head. It's just harder to execute once it's colored especially given that his hair is so light.

Heroic Warrior
    Page 4

Heroic Warrior
    Pages 5 & 6

Amazing comic, I am surprised to see Dipper and Mabel Pines. This story definitely has my attention.
    I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.

colour me uninformed, & do not recognize the Pines. I will quickly google search it but I am dissapointed in my nerdom.

I'm into this story. I'll keep following it. Particularly clever writing about his friends transforming and that giving her an in and a sense of connection.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by SimbasGuard View Post
    Amazing comic, I am surprised to see Dipper and Mabel Pines. This story definitely has my attention.
    Thanks SimbasGuard. The Pines aren't just there for show. They may not be a part of the centerpiece but they'll serve their purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    colour me uninformed, & do not recognize the Pines. I will quickly google search it but I am dissapointed in my nerdom.

I'm into this story. I'll keep following it. Particularly clever writing about his friends transforming and that giving her an in and a sense of connection.

No worries. If you don't have kids or aren't into any modern day Cartoons that's understandable. The Pines are from "Gravity Falls". The show has an '80s feel to it so to me it felt natural to have them there.

I know I said most Cartoons from the '80s will be depicted but there will definitely be characters from the '60s, '70s, '90s and 2000+ too.

Heroic Warrior
    Page 7

Heroic Warrior
    Page 8

Last edited by blksuperman2; May 14, 2016 at 11:07am. Reason: Corrected Grammar Error

Heroic Warrior
    Page 9

Page 10

Heroic Warrior
    Page 11

Heroic Warrior
    Page 12

Pages 13-14

Heroic Warrior

Snappy Threader
    This is really great! The art, the story, all of it. Amazing work! Just amazing!!!

Wow I should have know with all those heroic twins, there had to be evil twins to oppose them. Zarana and Zandar from G.I. Joe (or I should say The Dreadnoks to be more precise). Cersei and Jaime Lannister From Game of Thrones (It makes sense that Cersei is leading the villains) I do not recognize The Waterbenders, but I assume they must be from Avatar The Last Airbender or The legend of Korra.

They somehow Captured Northstar, Aura, and Zan

How cool is it that Zodak and Space Ghost are going to team up?

There is only one other set of Heroic twins, I'd hope to see in this story. Perhaps the will show up?
    Last edited by SimbasGuard; August 23, 2016 at 05:29pm.
    I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.

Just....WOW.

I have been a comic book fan for over 3 decades, and I have to say that this is one of the most refreshing things I have seen in years and years. Your art is fantastic, I love the mish-mosh of characters, and this just seems like a lot of fun. I was a child of the 80s, so this is a dream come true.

Please, please, please continue this story!
    Odd Man Out

Amazing! I can't wait for the next episode...
    To infinity, and beyond!

Dude I am Loving this and I So want Alot more!
    Where can I read & see more!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    This is really great! The art, the story, all of it. Amazing work! Just amazing!!!
    Thanks, glad ya like it.

Quote Originally Posted by SimbasGuard View Post
    Wow I should have know with all those heroic twins, there had to be evil twins to oppose them. Zarana and Zandar from G.I. Joe (or I should say The Dreadnoks to be more precise). Cersei and Jaime Lannister From Game of Thrones (It makes sense that Cersei is leading the villains) I do not recognize The Waterbenders, but I assume they must be from Avatar The Last Airbender or The legend of Korra.

They somehow Captured Northstar, Aura, and Zan

How cool is it that Zodak and Space Ghost are going to team up?

There is only one other set of Heroic twins, I'd hope to see in this story. Perhaps the will show up?
    Thanks. Yes the waterbenders are Avatar Korra's Twin cousins. They were villains in Season 2 of the series but later redeemed themselves. As far as another set of twins, I plan on introducing a few more twins to the island before the Horde war breaks loose.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    Just....WOW.

I have been a comic book fan for over 3 decades, and I have to say that this is one of the most refreshing things I have seen in years and years. Your art is fantastic, I love the mish-mosh of characters, and this just seems like a lot of fun. I was a child of the 80s, so this is a dream come true.

Please, please, please continue this story!
    I had planned on putting the story on hiatus for awhile but since you all seem to want to see more I'm more than happy to start working on it again. Hopefully I can reign the story so that having all of these different properties in one story makes sense. I figured I wasn't the only one who wanted to see random team-ups and mash-ups in one place.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamps View Post
    Amazing! I can't wait for the next episode...
    Thanks. Please stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by he-ron View Post
    Dude I am Loving this and I So want Alot more!
    Where can I read & see more!

Glad you like it so far. This is pretty much it. These 10 pages took me roughly a year to do. lol, obviously I'm not a fast artist but I feel I'm improving. I have a few other projects I need to finish up but I'll get started back on this in a few weeks.

One of the Virginias, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    I wonder if some of these other 80's Twins are in your comic?

Cobra:
    Tomax and Xamot

Autobots:
    Topspin(Aquajet) and Twintwist(Drill Tank)
    Cloudraker(Sci-fi Jet) and Fastlane(Sci-fi Car)

Decepticons:
    Runabout and Runamuck(both are sports cars)
    Pounce(Panther) and Wingspan(Eagle)

Those four pairs of Transformers are all said to have a shared "spark".
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

See My "Griffen Thailonis" Youtube Channel in the link below:

Gry-Phon Thailonis Youtube Channel, My Youtube Channel

Mostly Playlists for now, but I have a variety of music styles and artists play listed, as well as playlists for He-Man & She-Ra, Transformers, G. I. Joe, DC Super Powers, and Marvel Heroes. Subscribe Also.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by griffen112182 View Post
    I wonder if some of these other 80's Twins are in your comic?

Cobra:
    Tomax and Xamot

Autobots:
    Topspin(Aquajet) and Twintwist(Drill Tank)
    Cloudraker(Sci-fi Jet) and Fastlane(Sci-fi Car)

Decepticons:
    Runabout and Runamuck(both are sports cars)
    Pounce(Panther) and Wingspan(Eagle)

Those four pairs of Transformers are all said to have a shared "spark".
    I once considered a bunch of other well known "Twins" to throw in the mix but I decided against it. Namely, Down the road it will be revealed why there aren't Male/Male or Female/Female twins. Each set is Male/Female for a reason. As far as Tomax and Xamot they'll make an appearance eventually but not as a result of what brings everyone to the island. I had also planned on finding a way for Sideswipe & Sunstreaker to make an appearance but I can't think of a way to also have Giant Robots running around too. Eventually we'll see our heroes make their way to Earth but the Transformers will more than likely just be hidden throughout in the background. I.E., A Yellow VW Bug might be parked along the street or a Red and Blue truck might drive by.

I like the direction you're going with the covers. Really cool to see Sorceress in the lotus position.
    I make my own MOTU video game stuff. Check it out.

dA - wallbie.deviantart.com
    YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/wallbieswarriors
    Daily Motion - http://www.dailymotion.com/wallbie#video=x14o6e4

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks. The first 5 or so issues will be done in a similar fashion.