Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Skeletor statue from Sideshow - preview and preorder discussion

Heroic Warrior

Skeletor statue from Sideshow - preview and preorder discussion

UPDATE: Win a FREE Skeletor statue from Sideshow! Enter before June 30th. Click here for more info.

-------------------------

A sneak peek from Sideshow Skeletor's Statue! Now with his more classic blue and purple colors, Skelly is looking even more awesome!!!! Please Mattel and Sideshow, give us more of the incredible Stjepan Sejic's MOTU goodness!

Source:
    http://www.sideshowtoy.com/blog/side...e-votes-are-in

So very cool!
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2017!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar

Sideshow Masters of the Universe Collection

Does anyone know when Skeletor goes up for pre-order? I'll be getting the original black version
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Skeletor loos pretty good.

Kickin' It Old Skool! Alex The Kid's Avatar
    I don't think Skeletor's skin and armor colour has changed from what we saw at SDCC, I think its just the lighting they have used for the photo which gives off the blue and purple hue.
    Can someone confirm?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex The Kid View Post
    I don't think Skeletor's skin and armor colour has changed from what we saw at SDCC, I think its just the lighting they have used for the photo which gives off the blue and purple hue.
    Can someone confirm?
    You are partially right. But it definitely has changed . Here is what was said by David Igo, art designer for Sideshow Collectibles:

"The small preview pic also has some lighting effects that might be pushing it a bit more overly purple. The new color is definitely more purple, but it might be overly emphasized a bit based on the video lighting. Once the gallery is up you'll be able to better judge."

Sideshow are really knocking these redesigns out the park. IMO They are infinitely better then the DC52 designs and the exploratory artwork in the DH art book. For one thing they actually feel like MOTU. The guys at DC and Mattel really need to take note, this is how you redesign MOTU!
    I'd be totally happy with these in a new movie.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

So I was just browsing through the awesome He-Man statue photos on Sideshows website and stumbled upon this image which displays both the He-Man and Skeletor statues next to each other.

I don't remember ever seeing this image before. Skeletor's skin looks to be painted in dark blue, compared to the photos we've seen from SDCC where his skin is black.

masters-of-the-universe-he-man-statue-sideshow-200549-14.jpg

Is this the re-colour perhaps?

Court Magician
    Full preview of skeletor...amazing!!! Nice ex head in retro style!

Heroic Warrior
    Regular

Exclusive

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by RadicalThrasher View Post
    WOW!!!

Skeletor's final statue with the more Vintage colours is I N C R E D I B L E!!!

And the more Classic head is an amazing addition and accessory (even if personally i will keep the original head. I believe that suits better with the rest of the sculpture)!

Overall thanks and well done to Sideshow and Mr. Sejic! Those are among the best statues of He-Man and Skeletor in my opinion! Now let's see how Skeletor's statue will cost.

Wow! He looks AMAZING!
    My credit card is sweating already!

Instant Pre-Order. These guys are possibly my favorite updates of these guys ever. The more classic headsculpt is SUCH a cool feature.
    Upcoming MOTU-inspired Graphic Novel: www.eonquest.com

See, fix the skin from dark purple to blue and give a option for a classic head----instantly classic Skeletor while making him a unique look.

Best of both worlds and im lovin' it!

Big difference between exclusive and non-exclusive on this one.

I think both are the oyster's ice skates!
    Love 'em
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2017!

Heroic Warrior
    Love these! I think they show how a film look could work and still be very true to the origins of the line.

I'm all in on theses!!

Ex Skeletor looks phenomenal!

With the Exclusive head I am wowed.
    I totally appreciate their take, and I agree that "in reality" things like that and Langella's more fleshy skeletor probably make more sense.

But Skeletor will always be a yellow/green skulled character in my heart. This delivers.

Outside of my purview any of these expensive statue collectables but sure looking good.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    He does look great and the additional head is a nice idea. I just wish they'd kept the prototype's dark purple/bruised skin tone as I think it looked really cool. Oh well
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Nature's Greatest Wonder Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Wow!! I may have to bite the bullet and order the exclusive Skeletor statue. I was going to try to pass on it due to the price, but that turned out WAY too cool! I'm passing on He-Man as I'm just not a big fan of the design that they went with, but that exclusive Skeletor is right up my alley!

Thank goodness for the payment plan options.

In the name of the Lloyd!

Allright, Allright, we already knew....SKELETOR ROCKS!!!!!

kudos to sideshow, very nice job
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    He does look great and the additional head is a nice idea. I just wish they'd kept the prototype's dark purple/bruised skin tone as I think it looked really cool. Oh well
    Same here, it had a creepy bog body quality to it. The dark blue is neither vintage inspired nor evocative of exposed flesh, it almost seems like he's wearing costume. I still like the sculpt, but the colouring has definitely made him less impressive in comparison that awesome prototype.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

I do not understand how that dark purple even works. In no media I know of does Skeletor look like that.

Its the equivalent of giving superman a Green, orange and white costume. It makes no sense . It reminds me of Hollywood in the late ninties-- lets give everyone black leather costumes because it's more real. Sorry, Skeletors not real. It ok to embrace the fiction if you do it well.

It's change for change sake with no reason at all. Dark purple is no more realistic than blue.

I'll say again and again, how many changes will be ok until it ceases to look like the character and becomes another entirely. Whoever said it ( the dark purple skin) was starting to look like a generic Lich, was right.

Hey , if everything is fair game then I wanna head the Star Wars reboot where Han is played by jet li and a former hair dresser on Alderaan who owns a moisture farm on Hoth----- but hey since his name is still Han, it's cool right?
    Last edited by ksharpe; January 22, 2016 at 01:23pm.

Quote Originally Posted by ksharpe View Post
    I do not understand how that dark purple even works. In no media I know of does Skeletor look like that.

Its the equivalent of giving superman a Green, orange and white costume. It makes no sense . It reminds me of Hollywood in the late ninties-- lets give everyone black leather costumes because it's more real. Sorry, Skeletors not real. It ok to embrace the fiction if you do it well.

It's change for change sake with no reason at all. Dark purple is no more realistic than blue.

I'll say again and again, how many changes will be ok until it ceases to look like the character and becomes another entirely. Whoever said it ( the dark purple skin) was starting to look like a generic Lich, was right.
    So why is dark blue less of a departure than the dark purple? Aside from the Leo and Disco variants, Skeletor has always had a light blue skin.

Colours are subjective, of course, but in my opinion, the purple just looks better on a visual level. After all, it's Stjepan Šejić's interpretation of Skeletor and I wish they had respected the artist's vision instead of nixing his design in favor of a half-hearted compromise.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader