Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Evil-Lyn statue from Sideshow - preview and preorder discussion

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    Great looking statue!

Not a fan of the tattoo actually. It also resonates Teela a little with me, but mostly I just don't like the vibe it gives her. She doesn't strike me as the type to have time for that nonsense. I guess this could be her full traitor serpos gear. Looks like a snake on her upper arm guard as well. I know they (seemingly) don't actually reference the known mythos when designing the wardrobes, so it's more than likely meaningless. Still though.

Everything else is the most toppenest of notches. Beautifulz.

Heroic Warrior Zodak's new shoes's Avatar
    I'll pass on this one. Evil Lyn with tattoos is not my cup of tea.
    I want more army builders, Dragon Blaster Faker and world peace! And yes, I want them in that order.

Beautiful. Just beautiful. I don't have a problem with the tattoos at all, and no problem that they are snakes either, as I'm sure magic on Eternia is all drawn from the same wellspring, it's the user and their intentions that makes it work for good or evil. It's a commonality that I think works.

I'm sure this will be well expensive, so I'll just have to appreciate this one virtually on the net
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Unapologetic TEELA fan.
    Check out some of my resin toys! some cool stuff coming soon! http://lordchaoscreations.bigcartel.com/
    This one goes up to 11... When Cannons Fade

I'm insanely excited about this. And I don't want to be! I really wanted to just get He-man and Skeletor. But she looks so amazing. Apparently Teela, Man-At-Arms and Trap-Jaw are next. Anyone else heard that?
    Upcoming MOTU-inspired Graphic Novel: www.eonquest.com

Kickin' It Old Skool! Alex The Kid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I'm insanely excited about this. And I don't want to be! I really wanted to just get He-man and Skeletor. But she looks so amazing. Apparently Teela, Man-At-Arms and Trap-Jaw are next. Anyone else heard that?
    All I've seen on Statueforum.com is that 'Igo' (I believe he is a Producer at Sideshow) has stated:

"We're currently sculpting #4, she's looking awesome... and we're designing #5 and #6...
    BEGIN SPECULATION!!!"

Yeah, that is at least what a Sideshow employee said in one of the SDCC walkthrough videos. And it was that exact order: Teela, Man-at-Arms and Trap Jaw. But honestly, I would rather like to see Hiss, Hordak and some other Horde characters like Leech, Mantenna etc. We already have an amazing Neca Trap Jaw and Teela and Man-at-Arms as a statue doesn't excite me that much.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Last edited by papadoom; March 15, 2016 at 10:28am.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Teela would be great for the next release - I hope they have a swap-out head with the Snake Armor.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Widget
    The full reveal is up. Price is $439.99 and Screech will be the exclusive. I the pre-order is open on Thursday March 17.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/evil-lyn-...se-collection/

sideshowevil-lyn.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ob1ob; March 15, 2016 at 05:59pm.

Evil-Lyn statue from Sideshow - preview and preorder discussion

I think that is a must buy, she looks outstanding - how I wish that these were actually being released for the new movie and these were the designs.

Only thing which seems a bit off for me though is her pose. The legs look a bit awkward but it could be the fabric which is draped over them which is throwing the pose off slightly.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Heroic Warrior
    Evil-Lyn is looking INCREDIBLE!!!! An amazing, almost otherwordly beauty but a dangerous and powerful figure at the same time, as Evil-Lyn was supposed to be!

I love how her cape gives the feeling of a Celestial Witch or a true alien goddess. The slightly purple colour fits very well with Lyn. The statue's base compliments perfectly those of Skeletor's! Brilliant idea! And Screech be the exclusive! Awesome!!

Overall all the 3 Sideshow Statues without exaggeration, have been incredible so far!! I believe that Mattel, giving the chance at Sideshow to recreate and redesign the MOTU characters, was perhaps one of the best ideas that they came up with, the last 10 years! Sideshow succeeded on modernizing the designs, but at the same time they respect the core of these characters! A lot of people on the Sideshow forums, who weren't MOTU fans, expressed their admiring towards those masterpieces! See Mattel, this is the kind of positive impact that you should seek all these years with the MOTU franchise !

Now Sideshow, let's bring Teela, the Warrior Goddess of Eternia! Wouldn't be right, let He-Man feelling lonely against those two!

Special thanks and congratulations to Stjepan Sejic once again for his incredible and inspiring MOTU artwork and designs which were the base for these masterpieces!
    Last edited by granamyr80; March 15, 2016 at 08:31pm.

Kickin' It Old Skool! Alex The Kid's Avatar
    WOW!!!

Lyn looks stunning! I love her updated costume!

I agree though, there is something a little...off on her proportions. Her legs look a bit stumpy due to the over sized armor piece on her waist and the large amount of fabric added to her lower half; but still overall she looks amazing and truly has a formidable presence about her.
    Also I love the idea of Screeech as a crow (even though they describe it as a falcon)!

The more I look at these pictures, the more I fall in love with it!

Once again, great job Stjepan and Sideshow design crew!
    Last edited by Alex The Kid; March 15, 2016 at 07:23pm.

Hmm I was expecting the bottom half to be in a powerful stance. I'm not digging the Betty Boop squat. Now when I see her I hear "Oh you guys stop!" with the squat and extended hand.

EDIT: Maybe it is just the pictures? Hard to tell what is going on down there. Is one leg straight? Her feet are so close to each other. It looks like a nice breeze would knock her over.

Ok, looking at bigger pictures, she's crouching slightly and the skirt piece makes the pose look slightly off. Still awesome, I'll be pre-ordering her later this week. Also I love that Screech is a crow and looks creepy.

Heroic Warrior
    Some of the pre-production images are suggesting that the cape could be removable! If that's the case i will display her without the cape, because Lyn looks even better!

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    I'm hoping over time she won't have any leaning issues.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Holy crap, she's so hot.

I really want to see a good cosplay of this version...

Quote Originally Posted by foots_mcgee View Post
    Hmm I was expecting the bottom half to be in a powerful stance. I'm not digging the Betty Boop squat. Now when I see her I hear "Oh you guys stop!" with the squat and extended hand.

EDIT: Maybe it is just the pictures? Hard to tell what is going on down there. Is one leg straight? Her feet are so close to each other. It looks like a nice breeze would knock her over.
    I see more of the famous Vampirella pose with this more than Betty Boop. She's seductive and evil, and I think this pose captures that.
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Unapologetic TEELA fan.
    Check out some of my resin toys! some cool stuff coming soon! http://lordchaoscreations.bigcartel.com/
    This one goes up to 11... When Cannons Fade

This look amazing! I don't like the hand on the staff but besides that she's jaw dropping. 1000 times better than the DC52 redesigns IMO I wish they'd used these Sideshow redesigns in the comics instead.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Midwestern She-Raver Salamandra's Avatar
    Wow, she's really fantastic! Love the redesign!

Too bad I can't afford this. Depending on how teela looks,when they eventually get to her, I'd be tempted.

She looks amazing as does Skeletor. I wish I could buy her. WOW!

Maybe someday Mattel will offer some figures done in this style.
    MYP SKELETOR , Kay-la, ABC GIANTS, MYP Evil-lyn, MYP Sorceress, MYP Captain Miro, Queen Andreeno ,MYP King Randor, MYP or Dc Tri-Klops, MYP Squeeeze, General Rattlor, MYP Roboto

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    That's one of the coolest statues I have ever seen, period. Wow. I have never owned a Masters of the Universe statue before, the price is astronomical, but I need to think about this one because it looks so awesome.

Midwestern She-Raver Salamandra's Avatar
    Seriously tempted. I've seen Sideshow statues before at SDCC, and thought they were impressive. My concern would be...fragility, and I'm fairly klutzy, plus we have pets. Is there anyone out there who has a Sideshow statue who can speak to this? I mean, I know they can't be treated like toys, but how sturdy are they? Is this a collectible that I can safely put on a shelf, or is this one of those things that needs a glass case and gloves?
    Last edited by Salamandra; March 17, 2016 at 08:53pm.

She looks so cool, I really love these statues, I wish I could afford them!

Do we have any idea if they're doing more and who might be next?
    A Hordak or Trap Jaw in this style might convince me to sell an organ...
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.lukespicer.com

She reminds me of Michelle Pfeiffer...