Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Club Grayskull Tri-Klops support thread

Club Grayskull Tri-Klops support thread

Personally I think Tri-Klops will be in in Club Grayskull for 2017 since his body is exactly that of Filmation He-Man In Bracer, Loincloth, belt and boot color. All he will need is a new Harness and head with a visor that rotates. Easiest reuse of parts which makes him cheap to make.

Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Kittrina, Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor.

Heroic Warrior
    there is hardly any difference to the classics except that it has some extra details and some minor color difference from FILMATION. I would wait to have this at the end of the line as opposed to a must for the next FILMATION round

Yep, He "almost" uses He-Man's body, but isn't is brief (NOT loincloth BTW) has little circle details on the front like classics loincloth piece ? I guess he should get a newly sculpted brief piece instead of reusing He-Man's, as it is inaccurate to the source material !

As for his slot in 2017, I highly doubt it. Since Mer-Man, Hordak, Teela & probably Shadow Weaver are pretty much guaranteed due to their heavy demand & popularity !!
    Looking For Super 7's Club Grayskull Wave 1 Figures (Hordak, Teela, Man-At-Arms & Tri-Klops) !

Tri-klops is a must for this line! I have been waiting for years for him to be made. I think he definitely looks different enough to be made. Plus the Classics version costs a premium today, so a refresh of this character is needed.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Hardcore MOTUC Collector KelvAcos's Avatar
    Oh yes!!!!
    My MOTUC collection here ====> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3mddgXWJ7M

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by poderuniverso View Post
    there is hardly any difference to the classics except that it has some extra details and some minor color difference from FILMATION. I would wait to have this at the end of the line as opposed to a must for the next FILMATION round
    I disagree. I could see him coming in 2017. Triklops motuc version is pretty pricey not to mention he was one of the figures that suffers from the white dust qc problem in 2009. He's also a super popular evil warrior and as mentioned very low tooling figure which could help budget into a more highly tooled or completely newly tooled figure like ram man

Frankly I'm hoping he comes in 2017 with teela, merman, fisto, man at arms, ram man and whiplash

please release accurate Filmation of-- , ram man, Leech, whiplash, entrapta , adora, moss man, buzz off, bow, frosta, catra, , webstor, count marzo, icer , mekaneck,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.

Would love a proper filmation Triklops! I made a filmation inspired head as Im not a fan of the classics version
    Welcome to my Shapeways shop (Filmation inspired heads and accessories)
    http://www.shapeways.com/shops/eternalcustoms
    My facebook page:
    https://m.facebook.com/eternalcustoms
    Most Wanted MOTUC: Melaktha, Kittrina, King Helios, Colossor, Zilora, Dragoon

I would much rather see a MYP or Dc comics Tri-klops. The one we have is so close to the Filmation one already. Maybe they could do a Filmation head pack for existing characters since they are almost exactly the same.

IF we get more variants I would like to see characters with different designs like MYP or the New comics rather than a character that looks almost identical to the original release.
    MYP SKELETOR , Kay-la, ABC GIANTS, MYP Evil-lyn, MYP Sorceress, MYP Captain Miro, Queen Andreeno ,MYP King Randor, MYP or Dc Tri-Klops, MYP Squeeeze, General Rattlor, MYP Roboto

Quote Originally Posted by T-man View Post
    I would much rather see a MYP or Dc comics Tri-klops. The one we have is so close to the Filmation one already. Maybe they could do a Filmation head pack for existing characters since they are almost exactly the same.

IF we get more variants I would like to see characters with different designs like MYP or the New comics rather than a character that looks almost identical to the original release.
    You are not going to see MYP or the New comics in club grayskull as it's the filmation animated line this is about filmation animated tri-klops

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Kittrina, Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor.

Heroic Warrior
    I would much rather see a MYP or Dc comics Tri-klops. The one we have is so close to the Filmation one already. Maybe they could do a Filmation head pack for existing characters since they are almost exactly the same. .
    Almost exactly the same is NOT the same as being the same. Motuc orko or adora or razz or kowl are filmation so those I wouldn't advocate a do over. Triklops in motuc is very different from filmation from not only the head which is very different including longer hair in the back but different boots in a different color as well. The trunks are incorrect as well Plus the motuc has all those inaccurate details like the doodads on the bracers etc.
    With the creation of the club grayskull filmation accurate toyline, it does allow for the revisiting of characters in 100% accurate looks. No more need to settle. Not to mention the motuc version is very expensive so latecomers can't easily pick him up and the first issue had qc problems like the leeching.

You want a myp or nu triklops you can get it in Collectors Choice which is now the catch all line for the hyper detailed characters
    Last edited by degra; March 19, 2016 at 06:43pm.

please release accurate Filmation of-- , ram man, Leech, whiplash, entrapta , adora, moss man, buzz off, bow, frosta, catra, , webstor, count marzo, icer , mekaneck,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.

Heroic Warrior
    I agree; instead of making a tri klops filmation; do some another MOTU He Man FILMATION never made a figure before.
    maybe after a 'bunch' then you can have FILMATION tri klops; or maybe in a toy fair.

Everyone saying the Classics is close enough to the FIlmation one.....so is the Classics He-Man, Trap Jaw, Beast Man, Skeletor....why make any of them if that's the litmus test? Smh....
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    Everyone saying the Classics is close enough to the FIlmation one.....so is the Classics He-Man, Trap Jaw, Beast Man, Skeletor....why make any of them if that's the litmus test? Smh....
    Okay, you win. Just as long as they send me the FILMation-accurate EvilSeed, we can forget all about those "close enough" FILMation do-overs. LoL [^D

Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    Almost exactly the same is NOT the same as being the same. Motuc orko or adora or razz or kowl are filmation so those I wouldn't advocate a do over. Triklops in motuc is very different from filmation from not only the head which is very different including longer hair in the back but different boots in a different color as well. The trunks are incorrect as well Plus the motuc has all those inaccurate details like the doodads on the bracers etc.
    It's accurate to the original cardback art.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    It's accurate to the original cardback art.
    Fine I didn't imply otherwise. But the other poster was suggesting that the motuc triklops was close enough to the filmation version as to question why bother producing him. My point is motu characters had various looks in various sources. The club grayskull line was created to finally give fans of the cartoon a chance to finally get figures based on that property's animated looks. His vintage art/motuc look isn't close enough. If nothing else the lack of simplistic style would have been enough to justify a filmation triklops but like I pointed out earlier there are several
    Important differences

Heroic Warrior
    I agree and would love to have him made; however it seems if there is a figure close enough then kops should not be in the top 5;?QUOTE=degra;3655211]Fine I didn't imply otherwise. But the other poster was suggesting that the motuc triklops was close enough to the filmation version as to question why bother producing him. My point is motu characters had various looks in various sources. The club grayskull line was created to finally give fans of the cartoon a chance to finally get figures based on that property's animated looks. His vintage art/motuc look isn't close enough. If nothing else the lack of simplistic style would have been enough to justify a filmation triklops but like I pointed out earlier there are several
    Important differences[/QUOTE]

Heroic Warrior
    But triklops isn't close enough--different boots, different colored trunks, different head etc. the characters a popular evil warrior. It's been nearly 8 years since the motuc came out. Very easy to do since only needs harness and head. Everything's else is tooled. And in the recent 2017 club grayskull wish list he consistently was wanted. All that says to me he will be in 2017.
    Probably along with teela and merman which seem like all but guaranteed. Maybe Hordak unless they have him as an out of sub item. Fisto would be another good 2017 choice given Stridor is probably coming in CC.

Hardcore MOTUC Collector KelvAcos's Avatar
    If I have to choose I'll go for a 200x TriKlops, MOTUC TriKlops is very close to a Filmation but if they release it as a Filmation I think people will see the difference, arguing over it is not gonna make people change their opinions, I want all Evil and Heroic Warriors remade as Filmation, no obscure charactes, just main A characters.
    My MOTUC collection here ====> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3mddgXWJ7M

Ha.... T-Man..... Your argument is WAY TOO OLD now !!! And its null & void on this new animated line !

I am not against 200X variants & I love them to the core, but how can you ever expect a mini comic or 200X Tri-Klops in a filmation animated line which is dedicated to the cartoon series ???
    Looking For Super 7's Club Grayskull Wave 1 Figures (Hordak, Teela, Man-At-Arms & Tri-Klops) !

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Definitely want to see Tri-Klops in 2017's lineup. I think we need one, it's been a while since 2009 and he's not had one version since.

Although I really want the vintage mini comics version of Trik, the Filmation one is pretty cool, I like the darker green colours and red boots and the red hair poking underneath his visor.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Heroic Warrior
    As long as this sub sells well each year, I think it's a safe bet that we'd get all the core characters. With that said, I think next year will be hero-heavy. We're only getting He-Man this year and the rest are all evil warriors.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    As long as this sub sells well each year, I think it's a safe bet that we'd get all the core characters. With that said, I think next year will be hero-heavy. We're only getting He-Man this year and the rest are all evil warriors.
    I agree which is why I think we will see Filmation Mer-Man & Tri-Klops to round out Skeletors Crew, Teela for sure, Prince Adam, Man At arms or Stratos, She-Ra and a True Filmation Hordak as the subs exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    Fine I didn't imply otherwise. But the other poster was suggesting that the motuc triklops was close enough to the filmation version as to question why bother producing him. My point is motu characters had various looks in various sources. The club grayskull line was created to finally give fans of the cartoon a chance to finally get figures based on that property's animated looks. His vintage art/motuc look isn't close enough. If nothing else the lack of simplistic style would have been enough to justify a filmation triklops but like I pointed out earlier there are several
    Important differences
    I can't really argue with that. I've desperately wanted a 100% accurate mini-comic Tri-Klops for more than 30 years now, and unlike many here who suggest he'd be a simple repaint, that wouldn't be acceptable to me. He would need some minor new tooling to make him 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Personally I think Tri-Klops will be in in Club Grayskull for 2017 since his body is exactly that of Filmation He-Man In Bracer, Loincloth, belt and boot color. All he will need is a new Harness and head with a visor that rotates. Easiest reuse of parts which makes him cheap to make.
    And his boots are different as well.

Also, I LOL at people who think that the MOTUC version is close enough to the Filmation version. That argument can be made for the entire line. What we want are cartoon accurate versions of the most essential and/or wildly different looking characters... Classics Tri-Klops is NOT Filmation Tri-Klops.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    Tri-klops is a must for this line! I have been waiting for years for him to be made. I think he definitely looks different enough to be made. Plus the Classics version costs a premium today, so a refresh of this character is needed.
    I second this! It's my chance to get him at an "affordable" price.