Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Club Grayskull Man-At-Arms Discussion Thread w/ Pixel Dan review

His animated version is different enough to warrant new sculpts. I would love to have him in the line. Even his head is vastly different from any Man-At-Arms we currently have. I want the brown moustache!

Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post

Catras Wrath says it may not be possible for newly tooled arms for man at arms because of a more limited budget due to only six figures as opposed to twelve. So we may have to settle for armor pieces as separate parts. Only other options I can think of are fashioning the armor pieces for the arms where they are more form fitting and snug. or telling fans upfront that the figure would price out higher for newly tooled arms
    Catra's Wrath is a very good friend of mine, but I don't think she works for Mattel or has the "power" to answer questions like these ! I think its 4HM who has to sculpt the figure based on Mattel's given cost & budget. So yeah, the sculpted arms are still very much possible ! Speaking of costs, lets breakup Filmation MAA's parts, shall we ??

New Parts :- Head, Armour, Sculpted Arms & Animated Mace (3 + 2 = 5 New Parts).

Reused Parts :- MOTUC Torso, MOTUC Gloved Hands, Filmation He-Man Loincloth, MOTUC Legs, Filmation Skeletor Shins & Boots.

Based on this breakup, Mattel can easily cost newly sculpted arms to him since he doesn't needs much of new tooling. He will be way cheaper to make than someone like Filmation Trap Jaw !!

That said, What I Don't Want To See Is , 4HM adding some Filmation accessory instead of newly sculpted arms. Random accessory can come with any other figure, but the arms has to be new if they wanted to do Filmation MAA right. I mean, NA Faker head ruined NA Skeletor's torso & I don't want the same mess happening again !

I seriously hope someone close to 4HM taking this to their years !

EDIT :-

Catra's Wrath has also posted clarification reply on Matty Collector.com in regards to Degra's follow-up question.

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5681027317/m/9121025888

She just pointed out that the line relays on shared parts & has limited budget. And not "MAA may not get sculpted arms" as Degra mentioned. Glad it has been cleared !!
    Last edited by TUC138; March 31, 2016 at 06:29pm.
    Matty Has Been Matted For 2017 !

Now I Seriously Hope Super 7 Makes Me Feel I Am In Heaven !!

film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    did he use the mace in the cartoon? I cant remember seeing it
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!

Heroic Warrior
    Yes he did

please release accurate Filmation of-- Fisto, roboto, kobra khan, grizzlor, mantenna. Leech, entrapta, , moss man, icer , buzz off, whiplash, webstor, prince adam, rattlor, mekaneck, stratos ram man, frosta, bow, shadow weaver, catra, catra frosta, panther form ,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.

Here is a review by Pixel Dan of Super7's release of MOTUC Club Grayskull (Filmation) Man-At-Arms!
    Check it out:

Hope to see you at Power-Con 2018!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

I would have liked to have seen him with an orange connector piece on his shoulder, I know that would have left an orange strip under his arm but to me that would be more preferable than having a green strip down the top but tha's only a minor point.

Widget

Club Grayskull Man-at-arms Discussion Thread

Hi.
    About this figure, to say that I am very happy to have it, I see it as a perfect painting, joints and face.
    Super7 has done a good job.

P.S. I am no longer happy with this figure, the torso is badly assembled ....
    Thanks to you I have been able to realize ...
    I want to cry....
    Last edited by sndanikilador; March 5, 2018 at 02:51am.

He is seriously straight out of the cartoon and into my collection. Not a single complaint here. THIS IS Duncan!

Is his torso turned around? It looks like his stomach muscles are on his back.

Otherwise, he looks great.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; March 4, 2018 at 09:36pm.
    Odd Man Out

Heroic Warrior
    Yes. Qc error. The lower ab and trunks are on backwards. There’s no way to fix that

please release accurate Filmation of-- Fisto, roboto, kobra khan, grizzlor, mantenna. Leech, entrapta, , moss man, icer , buzz off, whiplash, webstor, prince adam, rattlor, mekaneck, stratos ram man, frosta, bow, shadow weaver, catra, catra frosta, panther form ,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.

Quote Originally Posted by sndanikilador View Post
    Hi.
    About this figure, to say that I am very happy to have it, I see it as a perfect painting, joints and face.
    http://i63.tinypic.com/2yl1y8p.jpg
    http://i65.tinypic.com/34t5q3o.jpg
    http://i66.tinypic.com/oho96d.jpg
    http://i64.tinypic.com/2r4khhk.jpg
    http://i67.tinypic.com/2gw4y1i.jpg
    http://i66.tinypic.com/xc9bw6.jpg
    Wow that sucks that his torso is backwards. Hope they fix that for ya!

Quote Originally Posted by sndanikilador View Post
    Hi.
    http://i63.tinypic.com/2yl1y8p.jpg
    http://i65.tinypic.com/34t5q3o.jpg
    http://i66.tinypic.com/oho96d.jpg
    http://i64.tinypic.com/2r4khhk.jpg
    http://i67.tinypic.com/2gw4y1i.jpg
    http://i66.tinypic.com/xc9bw6.jpg
    This is exactly the type of thing Brian needs to discuss with super7's factory owner. This is simply slip shot work and poorly assembled. This is not a simple error this is carelessness of the factor worker who didn't care how they assembled the figure. Where is the factory owner in all this? Who oversees the employees assembling the figures? Who inspects the figures before they are sent to packaging and how did this slip through?

As a business owner who uses this factory for all his figure product If I were Brian I would be BS because so many figures had stupid avoidable QC issues that Super7 now has to replace or issue refunds on due to the factory workers just not giving a crap how these were assembled or painted. It makes super7 look bad because Brian was over in china making sure all the parts looked good and the great unpainted samples Brian signed off on and that's simply not what the factory delivered.
    Last edited by mjw41; March 4, 2018 at 09:38pm.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Kittrina, Melaktha, Stridor, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Grizzlor, Leech, Mantenna, Horde Trooper, She-Ra, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor

Heroic Warrior
    The factory also didn’t use the newer Teela head that Brian showed in the update from S7 a few months ago comparing the earlier Teela which they ended up using and the one they should have

Here
    http://news.toyark.com/wp-content/up...teela_face.jpg

Mein Gott!!!

Add this to the growing list of shoddy problems plaguing this line... I am so stressed right now! I have yet to receive my figures (or even a shipping email) and I was sure Duncan had escaped the problems... now I am freaking out!

How many figures are going to have to be returned for replacements!?!? Will S7 have enough?!?!
    Where are the rest of my New Adventures Classics figures?!?!?

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Mein Gott!!!

Add this to the growing list of shoddy problems plaguing this line... I am so stressed right now! I have yet to receive my figures (or even a shipping email) and I was sure Duncan had escaped the problems... now I am freaking out!

How many figures are going to have to be returned for replacements!?!? Will S7 have enough?!?!
    They will replace what they can till they run out of extras and then have to just issue refunds after that.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Kittrina, Melaktha, Stridor, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Grizzlor, Leech, Mantenna, Horde Trooper, She-Ra, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    They will replace what they can till they run out of extras and then have to just issue refunds after that.

That is a shame because he is a nice-looking representation.

I wonder if they are all like that.
    Those who can master the kairu can become all-powerful Redakai

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    Agreed. Other than being assembled incorrectly, he looks flawless, and I'm not saying that sarcastically.
    Odd Man Out

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV...640_SY720_.jpg

I wonder if they are all like that.
    They aren’t all like that. Mine wasn’t and every one except that one I’ve seen is fine.

Here’s mine
    88B84520-6B18-4ADE-A1E4-329BFAFA3CCE.jpg

Widget
    Nooooooo
    I had not realized that it is badly assembled !!!
    I am going to send a mail to Super7 again, and I sent them the mail of Triklops and their errors ....
    For the moment my joy has become sadness, of the 4 CG figures that I have received, I have opened 3 and two of them are wrong, I need to look at Hordak ....
    I hope Brian and his company are responsible and heed these mistakes.

Heroic Warrior
    That Duncan was either the last assembled on a Friday or the first assembled on a Monday

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjjer View Post
    That Duncan was either the last assembled on a Friday or the first assembled on a Monday
    I think it was a hung over, ****** off, I have to go in on Saturday victim.

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Never been a huge fan of the mustached Man-At-Arms. I've always preferred the clean shaven orignal design.

But in terms of an action figure, I have to say, this Filmation Man-At-Arms might be top 5 in face translations ever. The 4H nailed it. I didn't really want this, but I am darn impressed how cartoon interpreted his head is. Great job! Now only if Teela could have been translated this well in the final product.

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    Never been a huge fan of the mustached Man-At-Arms. I've always preferred the clean shaven orignal design.

But in terms of an action figure, I have to say, this Filmation Man-At-Arms might be top 5 in face translations ever. The 4H nailed it. I didn't really want this, but I am darn impressed how cartoon interpreted his head is. Great job! Now only if Teela could have been translated this well in the final product.
    Sigh.... what could have been....

Yesterday I've opened my Man At Arms everything looked ok (despite the poorly applied paint on the arms where you can see the green plastic under it). Then I looked down the loincloth...and noticed this horrible gap between the legs. I have no words. .

IMG_3742.jpg
    Last edited by Simon; March 20, 2018 at 01:18am.