Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Justice League - PT 1 - NOV. 2017 Release

Skeletor's Right Hand Man Megalodon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    I love this idea, but I see why they don't do it. She's so overpowered compared to the rest of the CW characters that they'd need to come up with stupid reasons for her not to just fly over and fix everything all the time. There isn't a problem on Arrow that she couldn't take care of in 30 seconds.

Hell, Martian Manhunter would put them in the same boat. Oh, and that Superman guy...
    In that crossover they said "52 Kara's" but Earth 2 doesn't have one??? See they should fix this this unless CBS owns some kind of rights to Supergirl that WB isn't letting us in on...

So do you just bring Kara and her immediate "family" over or do you also open up the "Arrowverse" to the countless aliens that are part of SG's world as well?

I'd leave it as-is. Do an annual crossover, but I think adding Supergirl to the other 3 does more harm than good.

What I do find odd is that apparently Black Lightning is going to be its own thing and not going to be connected at all the the Arrowverse. Which makes no sense, as his powers/story/background fit perfectly with the existing.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    So do you just bring Kara and her immediate "family" over or do you also open up the "Arrowverse" to the countless aliens that are part of SG's world as well?

I'd leave it as-is. Do an annual crossover, but I think adding Supergirl to the other 3 does more harm than good.

What I do find odd is that apparently Black Lightning is going to be its own thing and not going to be connected at all the the Arrowverse. Which makes no sense, as his powers/story/background fit perfectly with the existing.
    That's why DC should do the "Crisis" story line people are confused as it is...

i really like cavill as superman.. poor guy just had a bad director. Cavil needs a really good director and he will have his shine too like gadot with WW.

since snyder is gone, i'm a happy camper.

the crappy thing now it that we have no GOOD DC character film coming anytime soon.. i'm not really looking forward to Aquaman and thats not till end of next yr.. ugh. DC sure takes a long time to release films and then they suk too. lol

seems like Marvels releases movies quarterly most of them i dont care for at all. but they release so many damn films
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/justi...t-epic-a156040

This movie would have KILLED it compared to what we got....(Original Script)

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    https://www.comicbookmovie.com/justi...t-epic-a156040

This movie would have KILLED it compared to what we got....(Original Script)
    That movie did not get made, because the script is terrible.

People praise the marvel films for taking the time to properly introduce their characters but that script has them popping up left, right and centre, I'd read it if it was a comic and I'd watch it as a film but you can't really say if it would be better received.

Quote Originally Posted by felgekarp View Post
    People praise the marvel films for taking the time to properly introduce their characters but that script has them popping up left, right and centre, I'd read it if it was a comic and I'd watch it as a film but you can't really say if it would be better received.
    Its insane. There are like 100 characters introduced in the movie. Its pure fanboy wanking.

(Plus its Will Beale, who has written one movie - and it wasn't good...)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    That movie did not get made, because the script is terrible.
    But the concept was good a little tweaking and it would have been better than that dreck we got...

DC Shake-Up in the Works After ‘Justice League’ Stumbles (EXCLUSIVE)

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/dc-films-justice-league-1202632214/

So it begins.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    DC Shake-Up in the Works After ‘Justice League’ Stumbles (EXCLUSIVE)

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/dc-films-justice-league-1202632214/

So it begins.
    Wow... it will be interesting to see where the DCCU goes from here.

A complete reboot, at this point in time, would be a mistake IMO. Much of what transpired in JL can be used to the benefit of much brighter and more optimistic stand-alone movies for Superman, Flash, Aquaman, and Wonder Woman. Moving these characters away from the gritty and back to their roots will mean better box office turnouts.

Dropping Snyder form directing any of the immediate followup movies is definitely a step in the right direction, however, I would like to see names like Dwayne McDuffie, Bruce Timm, and James Tucker to become attached to the DC Cinematic Universe along with Geoff Johns.
    Where are the rest of my New Adventures Classics figures?!?!?

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post

Dropping Snyder form directing any of the immediate followup movies is definitely a step in the right direction, however, I would like to see names like Dwayne McDuffie, Bruce Timm, and James Tucker to become attached to the DC Cinematic Universe along with Geoff Johns.
    McDuffie unfortunately passed away in 2011.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    http://deadline.com/2017/12/coco-jus...ce-1202223690/

Justice League has finally crossed the $600 Million mark worldwide in it's fourth week with a global total of $613.4 million ($9.6 million domestic this weekend). And with Star Wars coming out this weekend, that should be the last of the major box office intake for Justice League. A movie that was expected to rake in 1.5 billion dollars has taken in less than half of that and has yet to break even. Given this, it's no surprise that there has been a shake up in the WB/DC offices over this and the previous DCEU movies.

Hopefully they will be a bit more successful in their second attempt at universe building than they were at trying to jumpstart one in their first attempt...

Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; December 11, 2017 at 03:25pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

The warner shakedown is apparently a rumor as of the moment, their dceu movie line up is still the same. And 1.5 billion really? That kinda an exaggeration, what is commonly in news and article is it is expected to reach 1billion.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    "Justice League is the Highest Grossing Box Office 'Bomb' Ever":

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme.../#27bf82d37942

Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    And 1.5 billion really? That kinda an exaggeration, what is commonly in news and article is it is expected to reach 1billion.
    http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/world/

The first Avengers movie made $1.5 billion in its run and Avengers 2 made $1.4 billion during its run. This was starring characters that were considered largely B to C-list characters and relatively unknown to the general public. So $1.5 billion is not an exaggeration for a team film with the most iconic superheroes in the world.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Can you imagine the anxiety at WB offices after news of Disney buying Fox hit?? Marvel is like....25 races ( Races. Not laps ) ahead of DC at this point. WB just pulled out all stops with JL, and it underwhelmed. Where do you go after that!??
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; Yesterday at 04:16pm.
    Odd Man Out