Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Fuerza-T to offset costs?

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Abell View Post
    What I'm saying is that there may have been a clause included with the sale of those molds allowing Mattel permission to use whatever characters they created with them.
    I understand what you are saying. That is why I said what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    Wow, cool. You know your stuff for sure.

there are plenty of cool figures super7 can make before starting to think about them in my opinion
    they can produce them if they do not take slots of other figures like filmation mini comics or new adventures

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderkill View Post
    It was a bootleg line of figures. They were actually pretty cool!

http://www.he-man.org/collecting/toy...tion.php?id=16
    Not bootleg, as I recall it they were officially liscenced from Mattel to use the molds to do their own line. Was this not true?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Yeah, I'd rather see Errol's artwork come to life since it is more official.
    Yeah, it's growing on me fast. I'd also probably rather that in that it was MOTU vs a separate unrelated (though mold sharing) line.

Would still understand Super 7 doing a whole F-T line with proper art and packaging...why not?

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    So the characters will not become public domain in our lifetimes.
    Speak for yourself

So i was just thinking today after reading ram mans new bio in the ultimates, they brought into the classics canon Satma. Now Sir Reilly explains that Satma commnanded an army more gruesome then skeletors, and as a way to introduce fuerza-t characters into the classics cannon, what if they were to be Satmas army? They are certainly more gruesome then skeletors army, and since Satma bears a striking resemblence to Skeletor, this is a great way to carry over that similarity and introduce Fuerza-T storywise, just like it was done for the fighting Foe men. Intreasted see to see what people think.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    So i was just thinking today after reading ram mans new bio in the ultimates, they brought into the classics canon Satma. Now Sir Reilly explains that Satma commnanded an army more gruesome then skeletors, and as a way to introduce fuerza-t characters into the classics cannon, what if they were to be Satmas army? They are certainly more gruesome then skeletors army, and since Satma bears a striking resemblence to Skeletor, this is a great way to carry over that similarity and introduce Fuerza-T storywise, just like it was done for the fighting Foe men. Intreasted see to see what people think.
    Once all of vintage New Adventures is completed and we have the remaining major characters from Filmation, Jetlag, MYP, and the mini comics I don't care if they are included but I would rather have the others first. The New Adventures characters and Granita, Hunga, Kittrina, King Miro, The Twiggets, and such. were created for Masters Of The Universe and are and always have been part of Masters Of The Universe in my opinion they should be done first.

Heroic Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    Not bootleg, as I recall it they were officially liscenced from Mattel to use the molds to do their own line. Was this not true?
    Top Toys had the rights to create MotU figures in the 80's. In 2003 Top Toys re-used the molds to create Fuerza-T without Mattels permission. So Mattel put a stop to in.

Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    Once all of vintage New Adventures is completed and we have the remaining major characters from Filmation, Jetlag, MYP, and the mini comics I don't care if they are included but I would rather have the others first. The New Adventures characters and Granita, Hunga, Kittrina, King Miro, The Twiggets, and such. were created for Masters Of The Universe and are and always have been part of Masters Of The Universe in my opinion they should be done first.
    I agree that all those characters you've listed absolutely need to be made into Classics figures, but I think the point of wanting these Fuerza-T is to create 8 new figures with zero spend on new tooling. Well, besides a goatee He-Man head for Platino, and a frisbee weapon for Titano. (Unless Mattel has destroyed any of the required character molds...) I would buy a set in a heartbeat!
    I have the 2003 releases and they're some of my favourites!

Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    I want the same thing, exactly, 100%, i speaking in regards to including them in storywise, this would be an excellent way to do it. I'm intreasted to see what people think of this idea

Fully understanding that Fuerza-T is not at all likely to get the Classics treatment, I'll still say that I'd buy the whole line. I love the kitbashed designs of those figures. I'd buy them faster than most of the remaining D-listers that people here want.

Heroic Warrior
    Weird idea: Maybe Top Toys would be interested in the rights to use classic molds so THEY can make Fuerza-T classics. Super7 would profit by doing the international sale.
    Pretty unlikely, I know.

I've probably posted in this thread before already but what the hell. I love the weird and obscure so of course I want some Fuerza-T representation. It's a great story and it'd make me happy to recall it as I look over my toy room.

I have a "The more, the merrier!" attitude when it comes to MOTUC, so, while they wouldn't be at the top of my list, I would happily buy all of them.
    "I am The Mad Bubbler... breathe in the vapors of my madness!"

Heroic Warrior

The owners of Top Toys talk about Fuerza T... Skip in a bout 20 mins..
    (No mention of them being available for classics, but interesting back story)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Oz-Scott View Post
    The owners of Top Toys talk about Fuerza T... Skip in a bout 20 mins..
    (No mention of them being available for classics, but interesting back story)
    Wow! Thanks for sharing! That's really interesting! So it looks like Mattel doesn't own the rights to these...? And they talked about doing another series..?!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

I would absolutely be down for Fuerza T figures in MoTUC. IDK if they would ever get made, maybe, one day...
    It always takes me 10 minutes to figure out how to edit this signature

I want meteorbs dang nabbit!!!

From the interview, Top Toys was still legally allowed to sue the molds at the time. Mattel didn't believe so and sent a lawyer but after a discussion the pursuit was dropped.

To use those characters they would have to enter an agreement with Top Toys.

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    From the interview, Top Toys was still legally allowed to sue the molds at the time. Mattel didn't believe so and sent a lawyer but after a discussion the pursuit was dropped.

To use those characters they would have to enter an agreement with Top Toys.
    Even if they had the legal right to use the molds at the time, they do not own the right to the actual toy designs. Those are still Mattels toys. So I see no reason why MOTUC parts can't be recolored in any way, including Fuerza T colors. Sure, Super7 couldn't make the same "characters" or use the same names. But I don't think Top Toys could do much if Super7 made the figures and gave them generic names.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    Even if they had the legal right to use the molds at the time, they do not own the right to the actual toy designs. Those are still Mattels toys. So I see no reason why MOTUC parts can't be recolored in any way, including Fuerza T colors. Sure, Super7 couldn't make the same "characters" or use the same names. But I don't think Top Toys could do much if Super7 made the figures and gave them generic names.
    You might want to read back a few pages.

Hmmmm....

The creators of the Fuerza-T line were at the Unboxing Convention in Mexico.

The folks from Super7 were at the Unboxing Convention in Mexico.

Do you think a conversation between the two was had????

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    They would make good Powercon Exclusives for sure!
    Exactly. They are obscure enough that Powercon would be the best venue for them.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Even though these were made with MOTU parts, they'd be considered a completely separate toyline, wouldn't they? Does some story exist that folds them into the MOTU mythology? I know Axel drew Carnivor into the minicomic spread, but he definitely didn't make it into the final published version. Personally, I always thought of these as a separate line that happens to use MOTU molds, and don't really see them as being on the table for Classics itself.

That said, if Super7, Top Toys, and Mattel all got on the same page, maybe they could work something out to make this an official spinoff or something. Personally, I always saw it as a completely separate brand, but I'd be open to it if they somehow decreed that it's now an official spinoff or extension. I don't know how realistic that is though. I imagine there'd be some red tape involved, and they already have plenty of official characters left to do. You never know though!
    Last edited by Penny Dreadful; August 17, 2017 at 11:01am.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Heroic Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    Even though these were made with MOTU parts, they'd be considered a completely separate toyline, wouldn't they? Does some story exist that folds them into the MOTU mythology? I know Axel drew Carnivor into the minicomic spread, but he definitely didn't make it into the final published version. Personally, I always thought of these as a separate line that happens to use MOTU molds, and don't really see them as being on the table for Classics itself.

That said, if Super7, Top Toys, and Mattel all got on the same page, maybe they could work something out to make this an official spinoff or something. Personally, I always saw it as a completely separate brand, but I'd be open to it if they somehow decreed that it's now an official spinoff or extension. I don't know how realistic that is though. I imagine there'd be some red tape involved, and they already have plenty of official characters left to do. You never know though!
    It is a completely separate brand, but, like Thundercats Classics, I think a lot of collectors would like to see these characters as Classics figures.
    They don't need to be officially added to the MotU mythos. That's what our imagination is for. I would also love to see Galoob Golden Girls made into Classics. I guess it's just that amazing standard that the 4HM have set for action figures that make me want all these toys on my shelf.
    Personally, my head cannon would see Fuerza-T as part of the New Adventures line. The bad guys have been trapped under the surface of Primus (before He-Man arrives) for generations and when they break out, the NA Team (with the Fuerza-T good guys) banish them into space where they team up with the mutants...
    Again, that's just my imagination. I would never expect Mattel, Super 7 AND Top Toys to come to the party... But I can dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Oz-Scott View Post
    I would also love to see Galoob Golden Girls made into Classics.
    110% impossible since Hasbro bought out Galoob long ago.

Or maybe a bit possible if the brand belonged to another company and Galoob only made the toys, but even if that's the case, the company in question could be defunct for all anyone knows.

Personally I'd want Sun Man revived as a MOTUC subline, does Yla Eason still own the rights to it or did they float around to someone else?