Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Those UNPRODUCED new adventures figures (for MOTUC?) thread

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar

Those UNPRODUCED new adventures figures (for MOTUC?) thread

Obviously, it's hightly unlikely any of the following will be released in the MOTUC line, but I thought it'd be nice to gather the info in one place for future reference.

Based on the newly revealed artwork by Errol McCarthy (see here - http://www.he-man.org/resources/archive.php?id=1070) it seems that in the early 90's there were some concepts for NA figures that never made it into figure form.

Let's have a look, and see if we can identify them all form the images below! ->

FIGURES ->

Battle Beard vs "opponent" (Battle Beard clearly was developed into Tuskador, but is different enough to be a new character)

Battle Women (clearly an early concept for what would become the prototype "Mara" and presumably "Crita") (also, likely early concepts for the Gleeons and Mites in the bg)

Sluggor (left) vs Kickor (right)

Rocket Legs (left) vs Sledor (right)

Na He-Man vs very robotic Na Skeletor with crazy red hair

VEHICLES->

3 fuselage Spin Master Plane

Chaos Ram

He-Man and Skeletor's flying machines

PLAYSETS->

Monster Mouth Arena
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

Wow, some awesome concepts in there, with much bolder designs than the watered down stuff they wound up putting out, especially for the Galactic Guardians.

We need a Battle Beard vs Choloh 2-pack!

That Skeletor design is uber creepy! I love it!

And I'm pretty sure Sluggor and Kickor became Kayo and Hoove, respectfully...

Finish up bringing the remaining vintage NA into MOTUC, and I'd totally be down for these concept figures in the line! Especially that Skeletor!!!

And the Battle Arena playset is wicked awesome!! Very "Warlord of Mars-ish"
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Yeah pretty neat designs. Battle Beard and his opponent and "Mara"/"Crita" Battle Women seem the most interesting designs to me.

Sluggor I partially like, but I think I'd like Sluggor if he had the weird head cover on both sides rather than on one (but perhaps they made him look too much like the bucket helmet look of Rocket Legs?)

Kickor and Rocket Legs I like the looks but not really the action feature as represented here. Sledor I really only like the head, the rest of the design doesn't grab me.

NA Skeletor in these drawings looks a bit like the son of Tex Hex (from Bravestar) wearing sci-fi armor based on Gaiking.

Monster Mouth Arena looks like a lot of fun.

Heroic Warrior
    nice to see a colored version.

I'm not sure what to think. Well, besides very robotic.

These are really awesome! I think I would have been into this as a kid

These are pretty cool! Obviously I think the characters who actually made it to figure form in NA should take priority, but these would be cool for a "maybe one day" list.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    These are really awesome! I think I would have been into this as a kid
    Yeah, I'd have been all over stuff like this as a kid and seeing as I never grew up......

Robo-Skeletor is the only thing worth salvaging from this.

WOW!!... I love these designs!! Id buy these in a heartbeat

too bad we will prob never see any of them...
    GIMME TOYS!-

These NA characters are jaw-droppingly amazing! They make for much more visually interesting characters than the likes of Nocturna or Kayo and wish they'd seen the light of day, if not in the classic NA line then at least translated into Classics under the magic wand of the Four Horsemen. If only there WERE a full year of NA and it included the likes of Battle Beard and the others sprinkled in amongst the better-known characters.

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    Couple of questions for everybody, to see if you got any thoughts...

1)The Battle Women ... most likely one is supposed to be on the good guys side, and one on the baddies side....but which one is which? I initially assumed the whip-haired one would be good, cause that action feature ended up being used for the Mara prototype...but looking again, nothing really confirms either's allegiance. Any body got any other clues?

2)Also, whats the deal with the feature that seems to appear in three of the images...specifically the way the two sets of figures are joined at the ankles (Battle Beard/Opponent & Sluggor/Kickor) or joined at the wrist (NA He-Man/Robo-Skelly)? Is this some kind of play-pattern feature, which would attach two opposing figures together so they could battle each other? Any one know naything about this, or have any other interpretations?
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

Based on weapon and color scheme, could Battle Beard's opponent be Flogg?

These would be awesome, but first lets finish NA!!
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, EVIL ROBOT, SAGITAR, ARTILLA, TUVAR, BADDHRA, SLIME PIT BONE WARRIOR,

I find almost all of these designs better than what was actually released in NA.

The heroic characters are all better than the rather bland GP in NA.

I'd be up for a lot these. That Skeletor alone would be really cool!!

Heroic Warrior
    That art is fantastic! That crazy Robo-Skeletor would be cool!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

What in the heck is "Skeletor" holding in that shot with He-Man?? Are those the skulls of his nephew and niece, FunnyBones and SunnyBones??
    Last edited by Snake_Man; June 23, 2017 at 05:19pm.

Never really liked the concept or characters from NA. About the only thing from this I find interesting would be the skeletor. Is he carrying his own extra heads in one of those pictures?

Heroic Warrior andrea_the_cat@yahoo.it's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Twistedpsyche View Post
    Never really liked the concept or characters from NA. About the only thing from this I find interesting would be the skeletor. Is he carrying his own extra heads in one of those pictures?
    What is strange is that these should be LATER CONCEPT of NA, not early.
    There are too many evidences of the later style used (more details and bigger technologies as in spin fist hydron and too tall hoove).
    Many feature resemble what become the action features of the last wave (thunder punch he man, Battle Blade skeletor, Missile Armor Flipshot, Spin Fist Hydron, Too Tall Hove and How'em Flogg).

Battle Beard has SIMILAR action feature of Missile Armor Flipshot (note the articulation on ears of his beard-armor, and notice the ball bomb attached to the armour like the small pink wing atthached through a rope to MAF armour).

Battle Beard''s Opponent has SIMILAR weapon of Hok'em Flogg

Sluggor has SIMILAR claw rotating grip to SPIN FIST hydron

Kickor IS SIMILAR to Too Tall Hoove

SKELETOR has REAL HAIR like Battle Blade Skeletor, and he seems to THROW skeletor heads, VERY SIMILAR action feature than the Skeletor SKull BLADE that Battle Blade skeletor throws! Not mentioning the SKULL BUST too similar to the actual Battle Blade skeletor final figure.

Also the shoulder missile action features of ROCKET LEGS are SAME action feature of the UNPRODUCED Shoulder Shooter Kayo prototype.

And what about the little monsters TOO SIMILAR to the UNPRODUCED Gleanons and Galactimytes that were also advertised in some catalogs?

And also the Mara and Crita seems also to be UPDATED versions (or deluxe or 2.0 call as you like) and not regular.

THis means that all these desing SHARE pretty much all features with the LAST LINE of NA (produced and unproduced).

What are the chances there were early concepts???? It seems more likely they are latest concepts of what would have been the future of the line....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MISSILE-TOE View Post
    Couple of questions for everybody, to see if you got any thoughts...

1)The Battle Women ... most likely one is supposed to be on the good guys side, and one on the baddies side....but which one is which? I initially assumed the whip-haired one would be good, cause that action feature ended up being used for the Mara prototype...but looking again, nothing really confirms either's allegiance. Any body got any other clues?

2)Also, whats the deal with the feature that seems to appear in three of the images...specifically the way the two sets of figures are joined at the ankles (Battle Beard/Opponent & Sluggor/Kickor) or joined at the wrist (NA He-Man/Robo-Skelly)? Is this some kind of play-pattern feature, which would attach two opposing figures together so they could battle each other? Any one know naything about this, or have any other interpretations?
    1) The good woman should be the whip haired one. Among other hints she is in the same side of the main hero good guy HE MAN in the Battle Arena playset drawing.

2) it seems a cruel rule of combat for an arena contest. The warriors are tied each other so noone can escape away. The battle is an all-time-action. Is just an evolution of the confined room for combat you see in many sports (the ring).
    Last edited by andrea_the_cat@yahoo.it; June 29, 2016 at 11:13am.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Obviously, it's hightly unlikely any of the following will be released in the MOTUC line, but I thought it'd be nice to gather the info in one place for future reference.

Based on the newly revealed artwork by Errol McCarthy (see here - http://www.he-man.org/resources/archive.php?id=1070) it seems that in the early 90's there were some concepts for NA figures that never made it into figure form.

Let's have a look, and see if we can identify them all form the images below! ->

FIGURES ->

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...onent_full.jpg
    Battle Beard vs "opponent" (Battle Beard clearly was developed into Tuskador, but is different enough to be a new character)

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...final_full.jpg
    Battle Women (clearly an early concept for what would become the prototype "Mara" and presumably "Crita") (also, likely early concepts for the Gleeons and Mites in the bg)

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...uggor_full.jpg
    Sluggor (left) vs Kickor (right)

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...tlegs_full.jpg
    Rocket Legs (left) vs Sledor (right)

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...thing_full.jpg
    Na He-Man vs very robotic Na Skeletor with crazy red hair
    There are some quite crazy concepts there. But I think the NA concepts we already knew about (Thorn, Negatonik, Positron...) are generally much more interesting and better designed and would much prefer to see those in MotUC well before this newly revealed ones (not that there is the dimmest chance of any obscure NA concept characters ever seeing the light of day, when even many Jetlag regulars seem to be off the cards).

Again, we already had a populated list of really nice NA vehicles waiting for release that I'd be much more interested in seeing released way before these ones. We need the Astrosub, Shuttlepod, Bolajet, Terroclaw, Terrotread, Battle Bird, Doomcopter, Spacetime Machine, Myte Starfighter, Gleanon Starfighter, Gleanon Skultapult, President Pell's Flagship, etc.

And again, I can think of about half a dozen NA playsets I'd very much like to see released in MotUC before this unproduced one. Such as, the essential playset-sized vehicles (Starship Eternia AND the Mutant Mothership), the main faction strongholds (Nordor AND the underground city of Onnor with the Inner Council chamber and the planetary shield generator), and other notable locations (Sebrian's Home, floating city of Levitan, Gorn City, Galactic City with Galactic Council chamber, Quagmi Swamp, ...).

However, what I find quite interesting in this concept playset is the fact that it features one of the (few and far between) instances of fictional MotUverse scripts. Those few characters could be a nice starting point for developing a full Tri-Solar script.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Heroic Warrior andrea_the_cat@yahoo.it's Avatar
    (Battle Beard clearly was developed into Tuskador, but is different enough to be a new character)
    No way!!!
    It clearly incorporate MISSILE ARMOR ICARIUS action feature!!!!
    These concept brought to the LAST WAVE produced figures and to NEVER RELEASED characthers (as prototypes surfaced clearly witness).
    This is my opinion, but there's PLENTY of evidences that support my theory!

Elder Councilman
    Other than Negatonik, I genuinely don't like any of the unproduced characters or accessories; I *kinda* like the Battle Arena, but it has a very strong American Gladiators feel to me, and clearly feels like the line moving as far away from the look of the '80s as imaginable at this point.

I'm seriously glad these never happened.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Holy *Expletive deleted* these are great!

Better than the NA Heroes we got for sure. I want every single one of these guys, excepting maybe the NA He Man.

I find these Errol McCarthy designs to be amazing!! I really like the overall look they were going for with the designs and vehicles, especially that playset!! The standout concept for me is Skeletor, man he looks crazy awesome!
    Last edited by Count Judas; June 29, 2016 at 10:32pm.
    NO KAYO? NOT OKAY-O! Catch my pics on Instagram: countjudas FOR 2019: Kayo, Lizorr, Sagitar, Negator, Hunga the Harpy, Kol Darr, Catra cat form, Leo Faker, Anti Eternia MAA and Orko, Melog, Filmation Ram Man and movie figures

Man, I love these! The remaining NA crew is still my #1 priority, but when we get to the 2023 rollout (IT'LL HAPPEN!) I wouldn't complain a bit about having some of these. A few thoughts:

-The Proto-Mara with the metal head whip has a regular face in the first pic, but a completely metal one in the arena pic. Personally, I like the full metal head a bit more.

-The afro on Proto-Crita alone is worth the price of admission. I'm not gonna lie, I like this design better than the Jetlag one.

-"Battle Beard" is running neck and neck with "Hans Hammer Holder" as the most stupid/awesome name in the franchise!

-What is up with the criss-cross stitching on Battle Beard's opponent? That's either a bad suture or the most complicated vest ever...

-Sluggor seems like he was chopped up into about 3 different NA figures (I'm seeing Kayo, Artilla, and Spin Fist Hydron for starters), but he's just steam-punkey enough to be interesting. I personally like the asymmetrical mask.

-I'd love to see the 4H tackle Kickor's head. I'd love to see anyone tackle Kickor's head, really.

-Speaking of Kickor, you really have to admire a man who only has one pant leg and chooses to rock the TOTALLY RAD lightning bolt design!

-Sledor looks like a MOTU Green Goblin, and he may be my favorite of the bunch, but how on Earth does that weapon work? He fires a missile off of his head, and its attached to bolas that he carries? Does he just carry them all the time? Won't his arms get tired?

-The more I look at Rocket Legs, the less sense he makes. I get that he has rockets on his legs (duhhh....) that I assume he uses to fly. But it looks like he can take the rockets off and shoot them from his shoulders. Just to recap, he shoots his rockets. That he uses to fly. I see a flaw with this design.

-"We defend Primus from the evil forces of SkeletAAGGGGHHH! HOLY CRAP!!!" That might be the freakiest Skeletor ever!

-To attempt an answer to Missile-Toe's question about the linking thingies; I suspect this was part of an attempt at a line-wide gimmick. The first NA figures had the "flying fists" feature that would move their arms up and down as their waists were turned. Perhaps this was a way to link the figures up so you could have them battle "Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots style by knocking each other's weapons out of their hands or something. That's my best guess. (On a side note, did anyone see the episode of Star Trek: Enterprise where Scott Bakula and Jeffrey Combs had to fight each other with ice cutters while attached at the wrists? Season 4. Good episode.)

-So now we have the McCarthy concepts, along with the concepts that uaxuctum posted. Someone needs to get pictures of Detector and Crystoll in here and this thread will be the catch-all for NA concept figures!