Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Terroar discussion

MOTUC Terroar discussion

Not sure what to even call this one, its by far the strangest mashup of them all. Great powercon or chase figure exclusive.
    mashup2.jpg
    mashup5.jpg
    mashup6.jpg

people have suggested a lot of different names. But my favorite thus far is the one Penny Dreadful suggested which is:
    Hor-Roar.

The character gives off a serious John Carpenter's The Thing vibe, which is definitely a famous horror movie monster. And maybe his 80s action feature could have been a roar sound when his head popped up. It would have been a fun gimmick for it.

I agree that he'd make a cool Power-Con fig!
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2017!

I'd prefer the guy in the cape myself....lol. I think the Whiplash......thing......is my least favorite of the bunch although I really dig the name Penny gave it.

I wouldn't begrudge it exclusive status though as I can opt out that way

He's probably my least favorite of the 88 unreleased figures. I don't make customs, so I'm not sure how difficult it would be to put Trapjaw's arm piece on a snake body, plus there is an added expense of if you wanted to include an extra head with the long neck. It seems like he'd be the most expensive to produce.

Hor-Roar is growing on me. I'm curious to see what kind of paint job he would have received, what the color mix would have been. But I agree that the snake man with the lobster claw is a more compelling design.

I'm toying with bios for these guys - the one with the claw I'm calling Klawsssus. He's the snake men wizard trained by whispers from the unnamed one in the dark arts. He had his arm chopped off in battle and his regeneration spell went slightly awry resulting in the massive claw instead of a hand.

Hor-Roar is the result of Klawssus spell work. As the tide of battle turned against the snake men and as they were running short on soldiers Klawssus attempted a spell to revitalize fallen troops - but rather than restoring multiple soldiers the spell combined various parts from the battle field into one monstrous soldier. Hor-Roar is now a beast of the battlefield intent on the destruction of any and all enemies in his path...

Or something like that.

I like the Mecha-Snake or Mecha-bite

20160630_173910.jpg
    Last edited by blacksun442; July 13, 2016 at 03:21pm.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

With the right paint-scheme (like above!), this guy could be pretty great. I'd like him for a PC Exclusive.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

I think he is my favourite of the bunch. I particularly like the purple colour scheme blacksnake posted up above. That's what sold me on it.

Quote Originally Posted by blacksun442 View Post

20160630_173910.jpg
    nice you busted that custom out quick.

[QUOTE=facet;3676413]Not sure what to even call this one, its by far the strangest mashup of them all. Great powercon or chase figure exclusive.
    mashup2.jpg
    mashup5.jpg
    mashup6.jpg[/QUOTE

These Snake Men are my favorite of these Errol concept designs, I like the parts mix and gives us even more members of this faction. I had names picked out already for them:

Piece Meal and Vice Grip

I'd gladly welcome them in figure form someday!
    NO KAYO? NOT OKAY-O! Catch my pics on Instagram: countjudas FOR 2018: Kayo, Lizorr, Sagitar, Negator, Hunga the Harpy, Kol Darr, Catra cat form, Leo Faker, Anti Eternia MAA and Orko, Melog, Filmation Ram Man

The idea is cool but I hate the idea of reusing heads. "Classicize" this character by giving it an all new Snake Men head and the mini-comic version of Trap Jaw's blaster.

This could be Stretch-Nek.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    This could be Stretch-Nek.
    Of COURSE! I LOVE that inferrence! And that would make the claw-handed Sssqueeze look-alike Vypor, right?

Two nameless new Snake Men, and two relatively formless Snake Men names. It's a very convenient fit, from wildly disparate sources!

Thank You for sharing, I have adopted Your theory whole-cloth (and then some!)! [^D

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    From the previous "Strettch-Nek" thread, this is the only official image we have on him so far (unless any one else knows otherwise?) ->

and in the same thread, it was also mentioned that he might work with the colour-scheme from a Rattlor filmation early concept ->

early concept rattlor.jpg

Certainly looks like it could be a good fit.

Would somebody like to start an official poll, to see if we can officially recognise this character as the same "Strettch-Nek" from the mini comic?

(maybe if he was ever released in Classics, he could have the Whiplash-style head, and then another, slightly more snake like, open jawed-head, to consolidate both designs)
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

There's a tongue-in-cheek custom out there that has like a Buzz-Off arm, a Scare Glow leg, I think Sy-Klone's chest, MEF's helmet with Orko's face. This guy reminds me of that.

Scaly photo artist Dragonblaster's Avatar
    While some may not like this crazy figure, I myself would LOVE to add him to my Snakemen.
    I also prefer the name Strettch Nek! The figure could look great in a bright neon green, as indicated in the comic panel.
    Press down on dragon's head. It sprays enemies with a jet of water!
    Press down on a camera's shutter release. It will take pictures that tell stories!

No wonder the 1988 line never made it into production - these designs are the laziest ever. Clearly Mattel was phoning it in at that point.

The design is absurd it's awesome!

I'd love to get this guy in Classics.

I am 100% in support of this figure! It would be a perfect Power-Con exclusive.
    Given the artwork, I would prefer a slightly different head to the standard Whiplash head which I think could be done in an image accurate way albeit clearly not the intention of complete part re-use.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    I am 100% in support of this figure! It would be a perfect Power-Con exclusive.
    Given the artwork, I would prefer a slightly different head to the standard Whiplash head which I think could be done in an image accurate way albeit clearly not the intention of complete part re-use.
    Why not use the 200x whiplash head, still haven't found a use for it, if I make a custom of this guy that's what I would use to make him look like a different character. The like the ideas floating around about stretch nek and vypor

Quote Originally Posted by blacksun442 View Post

20160630_173910.jpg
    I love the dark purple and orange idea better than what we have but would love his Trap Jaw arm done in silver to make it a little different than Trappy.
    Most Wanted Kittrina, Lady Slither, Hunga, Sagitar, Master Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro,Butthead, Hoove, Spinwit, Nocturna,Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Twiggets, Drissi, Crystoll, Caz, Bubblor, Three Beast,Great Black Wizard, Major Header, Ra-Jar, Red Beast,Kay-La, Red Shadow,Gladiator, Bandwidth, Negator, SawTooth, Skeleteen, Tataran, Lt. Andra, Bug Eye, and MissleToe.

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    why on earth did they paint a glove on his left arm? that doesn't make any sense
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Lazer Force Zodac View Post
    why on earth did they paint a glove on his left arm? that doesn't make any sense
    Why did they give Kobra Khan boots on the monster/alien/reptile feet? We saw it more than once in vintage MOTU.

But who knows. That might get left off the final production of Horroar. Anything is possible, I suppose.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2017!

He clearly has a gloved left arm. You can see it in the Errol pictures. The original Rattlor figure has gloved hands. I will be happy as long as they keep it for the vintage version.
    The only Guy that has been demanding a continuation/In Scale Toy-Line of the Vintage MOTU since 200X Died.

Attendees, pics please??
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Here is a less-than-stellar pic by me. Terroar and Lord Gr'Asp are my favorites of the set. He's so ridiculous looking that he's awesome!

Most wanted: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) Masks of Power Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha, 21) Stridor, 22) Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 23) ABC Giants