Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can we consider Thundercats a MOTUC subline?

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    Best point made so far! Case closed!

But seriously, I think that there should be a TC thread in this forum, even if it's a catch all kind of deal. Maybe all sub lines that share MOTUC parts (as a common theme in the line, not like the DCMV occasional parts sharing), then they should have a single dedicated thread here. But that's just my opinion.

PS I will be displaying them along with Classics and my TMNT Classics. All one big happy family.
    There is a Thundercats forum for that.

Scaly photo artist Dragonblaster's Avatar
    While they certainly aren't a MOTUC subline, I'll definitely treat them as a new faction in my collection!
    The same way I consider Rio Blast a character that traveled from Bravestarr's galaxy to Eternia.

Now where is my Bravestarr line using the MOTUC buck, Mattel?
    Press down on dragon's head. It sprays enemies with a jet of water!
    Press down on a camera's shutter release. It will take pictures that tell stories!

Heroic Warrior
    Officially, no. Unofficially, if you want to for your collection, yes.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

It isnt, but I would like to have a sub-forum in this Masters of the Universe Classics Forum (where the polls also are located) to discuss the line.
    It doesn't hurt anyone since it doesn't flood the the normal forum and we can talk with fans that collect both. Most are anyway and ther are so many overlaps with these lines.

In my collection, hell yeah they are!
    My MOTU most wanted: Slime Pit Bone Warriors, Major Header, Catra Cat Form, Lady Slither, Hunga the Harpy, Satma, Great Black Wizard, King Miro, Sha'gora, Mask of Power Demons, Red Knight, Beast Lord, Illumina, Lady Valtira, armored Crita, Old Man Marzo 200X, Teela 200X, Skeletor52, Teela52, Hans Hammer Holder, Robowoman, Bubblor, Movie Troopers, Movie Beastman, Goddess52, Red Beast

I really don't see why not...
    To infinity, and beyond!

Heroic Warrior Bender Rodríguez's Avatar
    Considering they won't be back, we can say they're this year's mini sub, lol.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Nope, I wouldn't consider Thundercats a sub-line of MOTUC. They are their own line.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Here's my squaring of the circle, my gleaming of the cube, if you will:

Is Thundercats a part of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe?
    No.

Is Thundercats a part of Classics?
    Yes. Yes, it is.
    ALAS, POOR CLASSICS....

Top want list: Mask of Power Demons, Snake Goddess Teela, GITD Goddess, Snake Mountain Man, Dree-Elle & Montork, 200X Beast-Man, Red Beast, Ra-Jar, Great Black Wizard, Dragoon, King Torius, 200x Centaur Chief, Queen Andreeno.

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM

It's a nice companion to MOTUC, but a different property and therefore and entirely different line in my opinion. Certainly not a "sub" line.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2019!!!

Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian Gleep Spyster Admiral Scurvey Squall Starburst She-Ra ScratchinSound Catra Grot Caz Drissi Crystal Moonbeam/Sun Dancer Meliac NA Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Kowla Red Eye Brightmoon Palace Guards

Heroic Warrior
    No, they are definitely separate lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    Officially, no. Unofficially, if you want to for your collection, yes.
    Agreed. I like Thundercats and I like that they began making them with the MOTUC buck, however, Thundercats is it's own line and not a sub-line to MOTU.
    I have finally returned from Despondos.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...psa697c4d9.png

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post

No.

Yes. Yes, it is.
    All is said ! I agree.

As far as in concerned, it is. I'll display them with motuc, just as I have those Batman and Superman figures displayed with them. (I intend to add the upcoming and likewise compatible Joker, Wonder Woman, and maybe Mutant Leader and Robin figures as well.)
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

No.

Yes. Yes, it is.

Solid summation.

I didn't sub because I have no attachment to them from the 80's. Masters I definitely watched He-Man and She-Ra all throughout my childhood. I watched maybe Thundercats 5 times. I tried to watch it on Amazon Prime, but at the end of the day they are different properties and I do not consider it part of MOTUC even though they share the same bucks.

I considered it for a little bit because I loved the sculpts, but then again I love most of what the 4H do. It's not Masters sorry.

Heroic Warrior
    I would not be shocked at all if matty had decided to end MattyCollector for a while allowing them to not begin production on the figures and we will soon learn the sub was cancelled and refunds for the sign up fee will begin thereafter which I honestly would prefer. If super7 eventually gets the license then they could begin from the very start

please release accurate Filmation of-- , ram man, Leech, whiplash, entrapta , adora, moss man, buzz off, bow, frosta, catra, , webstor, count marzo, icer , mekaneck,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    ThunderCats Classic isn't MOTUC, although they share similar bucks.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Heroic Warrior
    In my personal canon, Chief Carnivus and the Qadians, are ancient Thunderians, related to the more evoluted Thundercats, who migrate to Eternia long before the Thundercats left Thundera.

It's a compatible sister line at most. If someone was to say, "Let me see some of your MOTUC figures," would you show them Wilykat and Wilykit? Of course not. It's a different line.

It's nice that they're stylistically compatible, and the forthcoming comic book series will even help establish a shared universe. But that doesn't make ThunderCats a MOTUC line. He-Man has met Batman and Superman too, and there are Bats and Supes figs on MOTUC bucks, but that doesn't make DC Multiverse a "MOTUC subline."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by granamyr80 View Post
    In my personal canon, Chief Carnivus and the Qadians, are ancient Thunderians, related to the more evoluted Thundercats, who migrate to Eternia long before the Thundercats left Thundera.
    I do like this idea. Shoot, Carnivus even holds a sword that's an obvious nod to the Sword of Omens.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

I prefer them being separate. A cross over is a fun little one off thing to do but I don't really want them connected beyond that. Let them be individual.

I would love for the Thundercats to be apart of MOTUC. They will bring new life into the universe of MOTU/POP

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar

No.

Yes. Yes, it is.
    I agree with you
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST

-SONGSTER -SCROLLOS -EVIL ROBOT -STRIDOR -METEORBS

NA: -GLEANONS -GALACTYMITES -WEAPONSTRONIC -SAGITAR -STAGHORN
    MYP: -QUEEN ANDREENO -GNOME MARZO -ORACLE -ODIPHUS -BONE MUTANT
    POG: -GRAY -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR

In reality no, but on my shelf anything goes!

In a fantasy world created in the 80s why can't the Thundercats be in a MOTU reality?