Page 58 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 1500

Thread: Let Super 7 and Brian Flynn know what you want in MOTUC

The QC issues aren't enough to make me cancel, I am just a bit concerned about the quality of the plastic. In any case, I would ask Brian Flynn to seriously consider the Twiggets for future release should MOTUC continue a few more years.

It's not even funny that we don't have the Twiggets in such an expansive line.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasculio294 View Post
    I know this just me! But i would like a replacement head pack with Ultimate Vintage He-Man, Faker, Wun-dar and Anti-Eternian He-Man Head. See my Ultimate He-Man with his defective Vintage Head?!
    Masters of the Universe
    What's defective about it? I'm not seeing it...

- - - Updated - - -

I'm just going to say, I wasn't at Power-Con so I haven't seen the 3 packs in person, but with multiple reviews coming in mentioning their plastic quality, my number one thing from you guys at Super 7 is to please maintain the high plastic quality of the Mattel releases. The waxy, semi-translucent plastic we're seeing noted in multiple sources is a big turn off for me.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Xetheus View Post
    Thank you very much UJ for the update.

I knew that we would receive a very shiny, yet rigid plastic in the moment I saw the first shots of PA, TJ and Stratos.

It is the same kind of plastic DC Collectibles used in the very beginning of their Batman The Animated Series line. Figures like Poison Ivy and Robin had broken ankles instantly. They improved in the process, but the shiny plastic is still used as you can see in their Superman figure of Superman The Animated series.
    This is the silliest trend of assessment I've seen here. I mean, there's a LOT of hyperbole/nit-picking in the assessments here, but I'm willing to let them slide.

Heck, I'll even offer up that swapping the blue Whiplash's (Terroar's) head onto that blue neck piece was impossible for me without a blow-dryer...

...but to claim this Super 7 MOTUC plastic is any where NEAR the brittle plastic of DCC or McFarlane or whatever is just goofy.

My Lizard Man toes snapped off a bit after I got it.... other than that (and the obvious brittle translucent Goddess plastic)... I've been good.... we've all been good for a long time.

This new plastic? Looks good enough to say that it's nowhere near "brittle" in the context of DCC BTAS.

Quote Originally Posted by Webstor's Ghost View Post
    This is the silliest trend of assessment I've seen here. I mean, there's a LOT of hyperbole/nit-picking in the assessments here, but I'm willing to let them slide.

Heck, I'll even offer up that swapping the blue Whiplash's (Terroar's) head onto that blue neck piece was impossible for me without a blow-dryer...

...but to claim this Super 7 MOTUC plastic is any where NEAR the brittle plastic of DCC or McFarlane or whatever is just goofy.

My Lizard Man toes snapped off a bit after I got it.... other than that (and the obvious brittle translucent Goddess plastic)... I've been good.... we've all been good for a long time.

This new plastic? Looks good enough to say that it's nowhere near "brittle" in the context of DCC BTAS.
    Yeah, sure...we'll see...by your judgement the Trap Jaw figure with broken neck peg must be a one of a kind accident, cos the plastic is so much better than DCC BTAS

For my part, I do not like to pay premium prices for a substandard action figure:

Look at Hordak and Imp:

http://thefwoosh.com/index.php/2017/09/power-con-2017/

The plastic looks so cheap it's beyond annyoing. Even the cabinet light can shine through Hordak's hand. How is that quality in any way?

Since the Power Con figures look the same, plasticwise, and being so far in production, I doubt we will see any changes before release, except Super7 would just cancel the order, postpone the product and fix the plastic problem. I doubt this will happen.

Of course there will be customers like you who will love cheap plastic, but I doubt most fans see an improvemnet here!
    Last edited by Xetheus; September 12, 2017 at 02:14pm.
    Re-release Dino-Riders sculpted by the Four Horsemen!!!

Yeah, sure...we'll see...by your judgement the Trap Jaw figure with broken neck peg must be a one of a kind accident, cos the plastic is so much better than DCC BTAS

For my part, I do not like to pay premium prices for a substandard action figure:

Look at Hordak and Imp:

http://thefwoosh.com/index.php/2017/09/power-con-2017/

The plastic looks so cheap it's beyond annyoing. Even the cabinet light can shine through Hordak's hand. How is that quality in any way?

Since the Power Con figures look the same, plasticwise, and being so far in production, I doubt we will see any changes before release, except Super7 would just cancel the order, postpone the product and fix the plastic problem. I doubt this will happen.

Of course there will be customers like you who will love cheap plastic, but I doubt most fans see an improvemnet here!
    The powercon Exclusives were rushed to have them at Powecon. The rest are not even shipping from china yet so it's possible that to get these rushed out factory workers may have cut some corners on some figures, instead of saying the plastic is cheap. Also we haven't heard mass complaints about breakage. There are fans who were very happy with their powecon exclusives and had no quality controle issues at all.
    Excited for 2017 with Brian Flynn of Super7 & Four Horsemen taking over the MOTUC's, Club Grayskull and Hopefully Thundercats collectors lines

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    The powercon Exclusives were rushed to have them at Powecon. The rest are not even shipping from china yet so it's possible that to get these rushed out factory workers may have cut some corners on some figures, instead of saying the plastic is cheap. Also we haven't heard mass complaints about breakage. There are fans who were very happy with their powecon exclusives and had no quality controle issues at all.
    Rushed or not. The plastic used is a HUGE problem and if it is already in further use on Filmation figures taking all the time in the world won't change the fact that the plastic remains problematic! Super 7 has to stop using this sort of plastic immediately! I doubt they will pull the plug on already in production figures. The figures as shown at Power Con are a mess plastic- and engineeringwise. Sculpt is superior as always.

Rushed or not. The plastic used is a HUGE problem and if it is already in further use on Filmation figures taking all the time in the world won't change the fact that the plastic remains problematic! Super 7 has to stop using this sort of plastic immediately! I doubt they will pull the plug on already in production figures. The figures as shown at Power Con are a mess plastic- and engineering-wise. Sculpt is superior as always.
    This could all be solved if someone at Super-7 shed some light on these issues. If we don't hear from them, all we will have to go on are the Powercon figures that people receive from the con vs the bulk of the figures sent out later. Will they be the same? Was there a running change? Did Brian even know any of this? It would be nice to know some of these things before we make anymore pre-orders. As far as I'm concerned, Super-7 shipment 1(ultimates) and shipment 2(powercon) are borderline disasters.. The ultimates were promised to be in resealable packaging, and they never bothered to tell anyone they changed it until AFTER customers received them. What? and now, this ridiculous QC issue with brittle figures and no communication about it. I would assume Brian knows about all of this stuff. It seems like he knows what he's doing, but where is the communication?

I am a completeist, but action figures that might as well be statues is where I draw the line. If there will be improvements, let us know what happened and what is being done about it. Maybe on one of these shipments at some point, they will get things right. But until they get at least 2 batches of figures out in a row that are generally issue free, why should we trust them to be able to deliver the same quality product as Mattel or better? They sure aren't proving it with the finished product.

Serving the Universe DennyCrane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Webstor's Ghost View Post

Well we've certainly had our share of nit-picking in this thread, but I'll be the first to say if it's not as "brittle" as McFarlane or Neca then I think I'm good. I'm used to working with "semi-poseable" figures, and most of those aren't "brittle" so much as "gummy", which causes sticking joints. Not breaking them is not hard. Just don't grab a joint and twist like you're doing the Macarena.

Court Magician
    Rushed or not. The plastic used is a HUGE problem and if it is already in further use on Filmation figures taking all the time in the world won't change the fact that the plastic remains problematic! Super 7 has to stop using this sort of plastic immediately! I doubt they will pull the plug on already in production figures. The figures as shown at Power Con are a mess plastic- and engineeringwise. Sculpt is superior as always.
    The biggest problem, besides cheap and shiny plastic, is the crotch.

21480067_115920892424136_3354768254479368192_n.jpg

Just got done opening the two 2-packs. Overall I'm pretty happy with them. First off, Trap Jaw is fantastic: great paint, head sculpt, he's an A.

The next great thing is the forward ankle pin for ankle pivot! S7 has brought these up-to-date with ML style ankle pivots and I couldn't be happier about that. Now I need a He-Man with these ankles.

Joints are tight across the board and there is the addition of the ratchet. The Stratos and Plasmar head seem a tad tight and difficult to remove. I haven't tried forcing them off, but I may try with some heat.

I really like Adam and the sword sheath is a great addition. Good paint, plastic is a different than the Ultimates, but ok. It's a bit shiny, but I can live with it.

The soft wings on Stratos aren't ideal, but not too bad. Maybe they had to share a tool with the loin cloth, who knows.

I'm impressed with the new tooling for these, great to see the effort put in there!

The second pack is pretty nice, but a few more issues than the mini comic pack.

I had one QC issue: Plasmar had a reversed left forearm. I was able to heat, pop, and flip that around so no biggie...it happens. He's got a few soft paint lines, but good overall.

Lord Gr'asp is looking good, no issues with him. I thought I read someone had a sticky cape, I don't have that on mine. I like the black patterns on the claw, a nice addition to this weirdo.

Terroar is ok, the neck plastic is pretty stiff, so I needed to heat to get it on. I think I'll keep the long neck because it just adds to the ridiculous design.

I get the complaints about the wide crotch piece. It's not a deal breaker, but the thinner version would be preferable.

So, they're pretty good in my opinion and I'd guess some of the issues are the factory's inexperience with these new figures. I'm assuming they had to be turned out quickly and that limited the amount of tweaking that could take place, and I think with a few adjustments, we'll be in good shape.

Thanks to everyone involved in getting these produced!
    Hey Super 7, Snake Mountain rocks! Let's Kickstart it!

Heroic Warrior
    Is it true that Trap Jaw's jaw is not articulated? I thought I read that somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    Is it true that Trap Jaw's jaw is not articulated? I thought I read that somewhere.
    I can confirm this is a true statement - Trap-Jaw's jaw is not articulated.

Serving the Universe DennyCrane's Avatar
    Is it just glued in place where you could wear down the connection (if you wanted) or is there no way to change position?

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Just got done opening the two 2-packs. Overall I'm pretty happy with them. First off, Trap Jaw is fantastic: great paint, head sculpt, he's an A.

The next great thing is the forward ankle pin for ankle pivot! S7 has brought these up-to-date with ML style ankle pivots and I couldn't be happier about that. Now I need a He-Man with these ankles.

Joints are tight across the board and there is the addition of the ratchet. The Stratos and Plasmar head seem a tad tight and difficult to remove. I haven't tried forcing them off, but I may try with some heat.

I really like Adam and the sword sheath is a great addition. Good paint, plastic is a different than the Ultimates, but ok. It's a bit shiny, but I can live with it.

The soft wings on Stratos aren't ideal, but not too bad. Maybe they had to share a tool with the loin cloth, who knows.

I'm impressed with the new tooling for these, great to see the effort put in there!

The second pack is pretty nice, but a few more issues than the mini comic pack.

I had one QC issue: Plasmar had a reversed left forearm. I was able to heat, pop, and flip that around so no biggie...it happens. He's got a few soft paint lines, but good overall.

Lord Gr'asp is looking good, no issues with him. I thought I read someone had a sticky cape, I don't have that on mine. I like the black patterns on the claw, a nice addition to this weirdo.

Terroar is ok, the neck plastic is pretty stiff, so I needed to heat to get it on. I think I'll keep the long neck because it just adds to the ridiculous design.

I get the complaints about the wide crotch piece. It's not a deal breaker, but the thinner version would be preferable.

So, they're pretty good in my opinion and I'd guess some of the issues are the factory's inexperience with these new figures. I'm assuming they had to be turned out quickly and that limited the amount of tweaking that could take place, and I think with a few adjustments, we'll be in good shape.

Thanks to everyone involved in getting these produced!
    Thanks for your detailed review. You seem to be reflecting the concerns of most people, but saying there are not that many issues, and in fact see the figures positively. Good to hear something from the other side. Keep us updated if you run into any other problems, or highlights

Quote Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
    Is it just glued in place where you could wear down the connection (if you wanted) or is there no way to change position?
    His head is just one molded piece, there is no separating it from the rest of the head to articulate it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Most wanted: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) Masks of Power Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha, 21) Stridor, 22) Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 23) ABC Giants

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    His head is just one molded piece, there is no separating it from the rest of the head to articulate it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    That is a shame. I wonder why that was done. To save on costs?

First of all...Brian Flynn seems to be a great guy and we should be thankful that he took over the license to bring as more MOTU goodness (liking his interviews on video updates), BUT...

...as he stated in the facebook interview with nerds on a couch: he does not intend to deliver "****** toys" to the fans. But as it seems right now...he and Super7 are doing exactly that!

Probably a mix between saving costs, factory change and time management, but QC seems to be the factor to which much work has to be put into!

He also said that he wants us to yearn for these toys more than we do ourselves, since he does want to sell the stuff. Understandable.

But if the quality remains at current Powercon-3-Pack standard and expectably the complete Wave 1 than he will drive more fans away from his products than he could ever imagine!

I hope that the now already leaking ship can be saved and that we will get the products fans expect and Super7 wants to deliver.

Brian has to comment on these issues ASAP...either to our relief or our dissatisfaction, but the communication must improve as has the quality of the upcoming MOTUC/Filmation figures as well as the not yet started Retro line IF they use the same factory and plastic!

To remain silent and not addressing fan concerns are the nails to the coffin with these few fans left.

I dearly hope that Super7 rethinks their schedule and will postpone all upcoming products until the quality is right.

The clamshell issue or rather no clamshell was the wrong decision. I hope Super7 learned their lessons from it.

Mistakes happen. That is a given. But these are major issues right now and as much as I would like to receive these rather sooner than later, I would much prefer to wait longer for these to be in my hands than getting these toys in the current quality! They do not match up with past releases from the plastic persepective and therefore from their overall look. A high risk of breakage and immovable body parts as well as going back to already improved body parts (crotch piece) are an absolute No Go!
    Last edited by Xetheus; September 13, 2017 at 04:20am.

They just finished at Power-con, so I would give them the rest of this week to get home, unpack, get settled back in and some time to look into and research the problems we have listed. But then he does indeed need to get back to us.

Quote Originally Posted by geooco View Post
    What's defective about it? I'm not seeing it...

- - - Updated - - -

I'm just going to say, I wasn't at Power-Con so I haven't seen the 3 packs in person, but with multiple reviews coming in mentioning their plastic quality, my number one thing from you guys at Super 7 is to please maintain the high plastic quality of the Mattel releases. The waxy, semi-translucent plastic we're seeing noted in multiple sources is a big turn off for me.
    The hair is glued on lopsided. That's was on BOTH of my Ultimate He-Mans i ordered. I actually pull off the hair and re-glued it back on, on one my He-Man's while keeping this one in the package. The hair looks good since i re-glued it.
    Last edited by Vasculio294; September 14, 2017 at 05:50am.

The Oo-Larr head on my Ultimates He-Man had his hair piece too far back on his head, making him look like he had a receeding hair line. I had to pull it off and glue it back on place...
    Leech sucks..!

Brian Flynn if you are reading this thread and are able to find out the correct grade plastic that was used on the ultimates since Super7 produced those or the MOTUC's that Mattel produced please use it on the Collectors Choice and Club Grayskull figures too and have your new factory stop using the wider crotch piece as it makes the legs stick out from under the loin cloth. Also please inform your factory that head swapping is done with these figures so not to make the heads so tight that they can not rotate or be removed without breakage of the figure itself.

We want super7 to succeed and make great MOTUC figures but you and the 4H need to find the right formula grade of plastic used when mattel ran things so that the figures are not shiny and the plastic feels equal to what we got when mattel made these. Especially the Club Grayskull figures.

Thank you.
    Excited for 2017 with Brian Flynn of Super7 & Four Horsemen taking over the MOTUC's, Club Grayskull and Hopefully Thundercats collectors lines

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Brian Flynn if you are reading this thread and are able to find out the correct grade plastic that was used on the ultimates since Super7 produced those or the MOTUC's that Mattel produced please use it on the Collectors Choice and Club Grayskull figures too and have your new factory stop using the wider crotch piece as it makes the legs stick out from under the loin cloth. Also please inform your factory that head swapping is done with these figures so not to make the heads so tight that they can not rotate or be removed without breakage of the figure itself.

We want super7 to succeed and make great MOTUC figures but you and the 4H need to find the right formula grade of plastic used when mattel ran things so that the figures are not shiny and the plastic feels equal to what we got when mattel made these. Especially the Club Grayskull figures.

Thank you.
    I second that.
    We are very grateful you saved Classics line and we want that keep going a long time !
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Widget

Little wish-list

Hey, Super 7!

I hope I'm doing this right. I've never posted on any forum, anywhere. Here goes nothin'.

I still have a hard time believing almost all the figures from the MotU related vintage lines have been recreated after so long. Like many, I've been a fan of classics since long before it was classic. I"m also a big fan of the new stuff, unreleased prototypes, concepts, etc. Thanks for all your work. I am all in on MotUC and am thrilled it is in such capable and creative hands.

I want to spew out some feedback in the hopes you might peruse this forum from time to time.

My votes for the nonexistent "Ultimates - Next Up" fan-choice contest go to King Hssss, Roboto, and Whiplash.

If there's any way to produce a battleground Teela head with red hair, instead of blonde; then make that thar head available to the general public somehow. Well, that'd be awfully swell of ya.

Put Zoar, Screeech, Glory Bird, and Feath-Or (There really should be a Feath-Or) back out there with individualized battle-bird armor reflecting their different alignments, and those of their masters, not merely the same gear in different colors.

And finally, perhaps the biggest pipe-dream of this wish-list…

…Crita needs a do over. From her limited arm articulation because of her cape to the deco, or lack thereof, on her blaster; she could/should be so much better. Maybe in a Power Con "New Adventures" 3-pack?

Thanks again, AWESOME stuff!

Just talk to the 4H and find out what they use for their kickstarter lines, e.g. Mythic Legions, Gothtropolis, Seventh Kingdom, etc.

Their figures actually feel like MOTUC quality... not the "dollar store" plastic quality that someone has mentioned....
    Where are the rest of my New Adventures Classics figures?!?!?

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Just talk to the 4H and find out what they use for their kickstarter lines, e.g. Mythic Legions, Gothtropolis, Seventh Kingdom, etc.

Their figures actually feel like MOTUC quality... not the "dollar store" plastic quality that someone has mentioned....
    So they could basically produce the same quality figures for the wave 1 ?
    Only the Power-Con exclusives would be made in this lower quality plastic right ?

That is a good news I do think when Super7 and 4H will read these posts, even if they do not reply on boards, will do thei best and will change that for the first bath of Club Grayskull and Collectors choice figures.

I do not think anybody except Scott was ready to have such a good interaction with fans, even if sometimes that was really hard for him.
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$