Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1050585960
Results 1,476 to 1,486 of 1486

Thread: Let Super 7 and Brian Flynn know what you want in MOTUC

Let Super 7 and Brian Flynn know what you want in MOTUC

Hordak looks weird but the other figures, hip engineering aside (Trike is hanging one out for fun), look just as good as anything else. I know we get addicted to that "the sky is falling" feeling but they look just like every other figure. I don't get it.

Raising the Spector-Shield.... Teela looks exactly like cartoon Teela. If you think she's ugly, it's because she always looked like a severe old hatchet. Nostalgia is a hell of a drug and dat ass was probably many of our own personal awakenings, but cmon man. Broken record time but Lucille Ball sucking a lemon is not a beautiful woman.

Im really getting worried about the plastic they use now. Overall messy , deformed and semi translucent just look at the Triklops head. Even my 3d printed looks better quality wise and this shouldnt be the case IMO

I hope you will look into this Brian&Co and bring us the best figures possible
    Welcome to my Shapeways shop (Filmation inspired heads and accessories)
    http://www.shapeways.com/shops/eternalcustoms
    My facebook page:
    https://m.facebook.com/eternalcustoms
    Most Wanted MOTUC: Melaktha, Kittrina, King Helios, Colossor, Zilora, Dragoon

As long as I get a relatively free QC Filmation Hordak I'm good.

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    Raising the Spector-Shield.... Teela looks exactly like cartoon Teela. If you think she's ugly, it's because she always looked like a severe old hatchet. Nostalgia is a hell of a drug and dat ass was probably many of our own personal awakenings, but cmon man. Broken record time but Lucille Ball sucking a lemon is not a beautiful woman.
    Just for reference:
    lucy.JPG

IMO, the Teela shown in Power-Con is not capturing the likeness of the cartoon character. A better job was done with the sculpture shown in above image, something like that was fans were expecting for the action figure (since that sculpture has been used as a reference of the likeness we were expecting). It's a matter of taste if anyone likes the Teela figure just revealed, of course.

I respectfully disagree.

As someone who has the PCS Teela statue, I have to say I'm not a huge fan of her face on it. I would agree it matches the animated look, but I definitely prefer the face on the upcoming figure, and having seen it in person, thinks it looks great, and other people looking at it at the same time were also remarking that they didn't understand the negativity towards it online.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Most wanted: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) Masks of Power Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha, 21) Stridor, 22) Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 23) ABC Giants

Hordak looks weird but the other figures, hip engineering aside (Trike is hanging one out for fun), look just as good as anything else. I know we get addicted to that "the sky is falling" feeling but they look just like every other figure. I don't get it.
    I don't think it's so much a "sky is falling" feeling, so much as it is a "I am paying a lot of money for this, I would like it to be as good as possible" feeling.

Whaaaat?!?

teela faces.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    I respectfully disagree.
    I second this.
    Where are the rest of my New Adventures Classics figures?!?!?

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Heroic Warrior
    Looks like more a paint problem. Her eyebrows need to be thinned out and arched in the middle not straight and heavy, her painted lips are to heavy making the top of her mouth more pronounced and her eyes, the eyeliner is too thick it needs to be thinned out with a little flair at the end.

I feel awful for the 4H... No matter what Teela looks like there will be flack for her face being not perfect one way or another. I don't think any of her heads have been bad, some better than others sure, but i am also not someone who expects a dead on likeness. I would love to see more 200x styled hair for her but most wouldn't lol.

S7 please MAKE STRIDOR NOWWWWWWW! Just repaint Nightstalker and call it a day. Since Stridor is free tooling you can afford to make a sweet T Rex and Bionatops for my figures to ride as well

Heroic Warrior KingRandorFacepalm's Avatar

Let Super 7 and Brian Flynn know what you want in MOTUC

When I saw the figure up close at Power-Con I thought it looked great. There was something just a bit off, though. I came to realize that, for me, it is the slightly translucent plastic they are using. Yes, the paint may be a bit thick on Teela's face in the production sample but I think it is the translucent plastic that is causing the trouble. I have always thought that the fully painted faces in the classics line looked best. If Super7 ditched the translucent plastic and painted her face rather than leaving the flesh tone to the plastic color I think the figure would be near perfect.
    Same goes with the translucent plastic on Hordak's body. Ditch that and it's good to go!
    Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Anybody want to buy a used bolo?"

Heroic Warrior
    Ugh. I'm not trying to be critical, BUT why is every Filmation style Teela apparently have to have her armor's "leaf" detail unattached to the armor? It's like it's pinned to her lower leotard. It makes no sense! If you turn her waist, it shouldn't detach from the top, it should go with it. It's really irking my last good nerve!

Also, what's up with her upper lip being over painted? The face sculpt looks great other than the freakishly large upper lip.