View Poll Results: Would you be in favor of Super7 reissuing past MOTUC figures?

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

93 70.45%
  • No

39 29.55%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you be in favor of Super7 reissuing MOTUC figures?

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I feel it sucks many fans missed out on some key figures. Me I also just would like to have a second figure of some characters, like reels, tri-klops & roboto.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, King Miro, Melaktha, Crystal-Man, ABC Giants, Stridor, Road Ripper, Land Shark

Really, I don't think there is any way around it... Super7 will have to issue some A-List characters in order to keep interest alive.

With that said, I voted no. I do not want to have to wait for a half dozen reissued characters to come out before I finally get my Hoove, or Quakke, or Spinwit, or Kayo...

Of course, if it was contained to it's own sub (or even out-of-sub) and didn't impede the release of new figures, I wouldn't mind at all...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Court Magician
    I really hope Super7 will start releasing some fairly open editions of some of the core figures. Basic He-Man and Skeletor figures really shouldn't be only available second-hand for triple the retail for the new collectors.

Quote Originally Posted by Middangeard View Post
    I really hope Super7 will start releasing some fairly open editions of some of the core figures. Basic He-Man and Skeletor figures really shouldn't be only available second-hand for triple the retail for the new collectors.
    Couldn't agree more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny I was just thinking the other day that S7 might need to do this to rejuvenate their investment. I personally don't need any reissues but as long as the reissues are outside of the sub and I don't have to buy them, I'm cool with it. I got into this line in 2012 and paid a ton of cash to get caught up. I'd like to see others get the chance to get caught up without selling their organs on the black market and S7 make the most of their license.

What I'd like to see would be the DC vs MOTU 2 pack versions single carded in MOTUC green brick cards.

No. Absolutely not. They're already out there. If you missed them too bad. Or should I say Two-Bad....zing!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    Icer and Filmation Clawful made. Mission complete.

I'm in favor of it and might even grab some of the new, Ultimate Editions, especially for some of those new pieces like the blonde, up-do Teela head and that Skeletor body (without the blastic body beneath).

That the same factory is going to be used is great.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

I'm glad to see this has been answered.

I too kinda want the revealed Ultimates based on the neat mix of accessories, part choices, and colourways. I am afraid I'll be in the position to have to skip them initially moneywise, but as I say all the time, I'll be glad to have something to hunt maybe in the future.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    This is why I finally voted no. I would not support reissues beyond army builders in the main line at this point. We are close to 200 figures already. I'd prefer them to be original. Filmation accurate variants are great for CG though, and I'll buy them in that line. I'd even support Shadow Weaver in that line! Powercon is perfect for repaints. .
    What about harder to obtain figures. The Sorceress, Fisto and Shadow weaver(yes she was a sub exclusive but maker a different color)have you seen the secondary prices of these. Geez folks what at least 150 for the Sorceress. I voted yes if it doesn't mess up the sale schedule.

Turbo Orangutan Kosmic JimPansen's Avatar
    Especially Sorceress is screaming for an update.

Heroic Warrior
    No issues. It would be killer if they revisited some figures with slight tweaks to smooth edges with QC, though.

I.E.: Non-breaking, non-translucent Goddess with open spell hand, softer tunic and redder armor and weapons. Non-cracking Roboto. Mini-comic, vintage color schemes. A Sorceress with a soft, pliable "cape" (think Shadow Weaver's shawl here) with no drums and open hand. These would sell well, bring in new customers and help to perpetuate the line. The possibilities are endless.
    It's all been done before. Everything to say has already been said. Do me a solid and pretend I posted something witty and original here

Yes, definitely.
    I have finally returned from Despondos.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...psa697c4d9.png

No issues. They would likely be limited preorder type releases anyway, so no one should have issues, even those who might be all worried about resale of their precious toys...of which i seriously hope people would be above this, bit we all know there are some.

But yes, reissue...I want a Fisto, Sorceress and Shadow Weaver to name a few. And please make a Vintage Mer Man variant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cryanmchsi View Post
    What about harder to obtain figures. The Sorceress, Fisto and Shadow weaver(yes she was a sub exclusive but maker a different color)have you seen the secondary prices of these. Geez folks what at least 150 for the Sorceress. I voted yes if it doesn't mess up the sale schedule.
    Sub exclusives were Mattel's thing, S7 isn't bound by any such rule, unless its in their contract, but I doubt it. So an original color reissue shouldn't be off the table.
    Recent.... HATMOTU Beast Man & Evil Seed
    Coming....
    Wanted.... Filmation Mer-Man, Teela & Sorceress
    Considering....
    Needed.... MOTUC Lord Masque

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

All for it 100%

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Erndogg View Post
    Yes definitely a certain few...
    Shadow Weaver
    Fisto
    Rammy
    Stinkor
    Beast-Man
    Wun-Dar
    Tri-Klops
    Roboto
    Whiplash
    Meckaneck
    Snake Men(different colors)
    Sorceress...
    That is a solid line of reissues, I doubt I could've made a better suggestion mate! ��

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by cryanmchsi View Post
    I agree. I think Fisto, Sorceress, and Shadow Weaver are probably the re-issues that collector's would most like to have since, as you said, they are so expensive on Ebay. I foresee all three of them being released in Filmation form (which I will buy) eventually, but even the opportunity to get re-releases in Classics would be great. If they added Ram-Man or another fan demanded reissue, I think they could create a re-release wave (aside from Collector's Choice and Club Grayskull) that would likely sale. I could be wrong, but based on posts I see from new (and even long-time) collectors, I don't think this would be a bad idea for Super 7. Of course, I also agree that Sorceress needs to be updated before a re-issue (though I am hoping that happens if/when they get to her in Club Grayskull/Filmation). Then again, if they are planning Filmation releases of all three, that might be a large factor in whether they think a re-issue of the originals would sell.

Fisto, Ram Man, Sorceress, Shadow Weaver, Beastman and Tri-Klops man... i had to ditch amazon for ebay because some of the figures were high dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by ian_highful View Post
    I agree. I think Fisto, Sorceress, and Shadow Weaver are probably the re-issues that collector's would most like to have since, as you said, they are so expensive on Ebay. I foresee all three of them being released in Filmation form (which I will buy) eventually, but even the opportunity to get re-releases in Classics would be great. If they added Ram-Man or another fan demanded reissue, I think they could create a re-release wave (aside from Collector's Choice and Club Grayskull) that would likely sale. I could be wrong, but based on posts I see from new (and even long-time) collectors, I don't think this would be a bad idea for Super 7. Of course, I also agree that Sorceress needs to be updated before a re-issue (though I am hoping that happens if/when they get to her in Club Grayskull/Filmation). Then again, if they are planning Filmation releases of all three, that might be a large factor in whether they think a re-issue of the originals would sell.
    Shadow Weaver for sure, it's frustrating to only find her at crazy prices

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by alexspyforever View Post
    Shadow Weaver for sure, it's frustrating to only find her at crazy prices
    I agree completely. That is one of the main reasons I think they will release her with the Filmation line soon, though. The Classics figure is already so close, they would have to do little to no new tooling on her (maybe just a brighter red paint job) to make a Filmation version. They may do that in hopes it will help sell a Filmation wave.

I have no problem with reissues of regular releases - just not exclusives like Shadow Weaver. But, S7 has already said they won't be rereleasing most MOTUC figs - just ones that may be harder to find. Some of these figs might end up as Ultimates.

Maybe, at some point, S7 will ask the 4H to sculpt a simpler and more cartoonish Shadow Weaver for the CG line. As long as it's a different sculpt and probably different color, that would be cool for those who want her. Her figure should be markedly different, though.
    Last edited by Donimo; May 22, 2017 at 10:22pm.

Sadly this isn't something I feel will happen. There isn't enough fan interest to justify super7 reissing any MOTUC's figures as they were when mattel offered them in the subs. Super 7 needs to make a profit going into production not just break even as they are paying lic fees and with the Mattel subscriptions all those who subscribed already have all the figures. if super 7 revisits any MOTUC's character it would probably be in the ultimates line only.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

I disagree with a lot of people on this issue (and it's fruitless to debate it), but I think S7 would make much more money reissuing hard to find or iconic figures than producing more waves of obscure figures.

Common sense, secondary market prices, the Matty sales, etc. all prove that a reissued Fisto, Shadow Weaver, Sorceress, or even He-Man and Skeletor (among others) would sell much better than any of the CC figures we've seen so far.

This idea that S7 should limit its customer base to just the 100 or so completionists out there that are left is just really, really silly. This line won't last through 2018 if that's their strategy (and since Val has basically said that it is, I'm guessing that's what is going to happen).
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

Heroic Warrior mikerobertschamp's Avatar
    Groveport, ohio, a suburb of the Capitol, Columbus
    I feel that S7 should re-issue hard to get and highly popular characters that some missed out on or others just want a second or third. I for one would love to get some for the first time as well as some for second time as well as some so I could customize.
    My wants all NA POG SOH filmation Garth Lady Slithor Meteorbs Zark Michi, Kothos, King Taurius, King Helios, Kittrina, Illumina, be plastic IMMORTALIZED

Heroic Warrior
    I personally don't need any, but all for others to have what they never got or may have missed. The thing is, the cost it will cost s7 to have these and gamble on who will actually buy them is the problem. They pay to have these made and no one buys and they are stuck with these only to liquidate them later on is a worthless venture. Look at the troopers on mattelshop. So many cried for them and they make them and they sit. Same thing happened with the sky striker for gi joe. Everyone yelled they wanted it and they finally made them and only certain amount of people bought them. Now Mattel has all these troopers and ain't no one buying them but j Scott and I keep getting sucked in and buying some. Helps with the 10 dollars off code on each purchase, but even so, I find myself buying them and hover bots.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm all for it, as long as they improve on the original. Like, a Roboto who doesn't break, maybe coming with the addiational 200X head and some more swappable hands. Plus maybe 200X armor.

A Stinkor with corrected arms.

A Rio-Blast whose visor actually goes over his eyes and who has an actual cavity in his chest.

And yes, new armor for characters who only got "fat armor". It just looks terrible.