Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: He-Man: Tappers of Grayskull mobile game! Winterfest 2017 Update

I'll give this a whirl for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by GozzoMan View Post
    How so? What happens?
    Swiping and tapping is no longer effective by itself. You won't be able to beat later bosses without upgrading yourself, add characters and upgrading them. Orko swing aroung, giving you upgrades (sometimes in exchange for ads).
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by demiscy View Post
    Just played it for a good 5 mins..
    All you do is tap and swipe your finger? That got tiresome.

Uninstalled
    Same. If She-Ra was capable of being unlocked a little sooner, maybe I could have kept at it. But, it seemed incredibly repetitive. Sure, it was free and that's great. But, I was hoping for something a little more engaging.

Chewer of Trollans
    The game is fun. My daughter loves it (6) and it's fun to see her coordinate the Masters and Skills and Upgrades.
    However, the real purpose of the game (to gain artifacts through magic keys) is not made clear until long into the game. At level 400 you time travel back to gets keys, lose all your upgrades, keeping only artifacts and their respective upgrades.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Genuinearticle View Post
    This new He-man game app is a frenetic snooze fest. Big bummer because
    the 1st app, "He-Man: The Most Powerful Game In The Universe", was (and is) phenomenal! That first app is honestly what made me cherish my iPad when i first got it.
    Is that game still available? I can't seem to find it on the App Store.

Heroic Warrior
    I was almost late for work playing it this morning.

This must have cost a lot to develop, it is a professionally made app.

I've been waiting for a MOTU game for a very long time. I was disappointed that we got a kiddie tapper game, but I guess those sell. I would much rather have a real RPG or fighting game.

I have never played these babyish games before, but I liked it so far and upgraded, unlocked, and fought bosses that were tough.

I have no idea about the tropes of this tapper genre, but to make it more challenging the enemies should be able to hit back (He-Man should have hit points) or at least have them all on a timer, not just the bosses. Collecting coins could be bothersome at times.

Anyway, I was glad to see so many characters. I hope it is successful so we get more MOTU games. But as it stands now, it targets very young kids even though the MOTU is an adult toy franchise right now. If there is a movie, I can imagine this becoming super popular.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    Yes, either follow the link in the OP or type the exact title in the App Store on your device.

Quote Originally Posted by Yin Chan Vo View Post
    I was almost late for work playing it this morning.

This must have cost a lot to develop, it is a professionally made app.

I've been waiting for a MOTU game for a very long time. I was disappointed that we got a kiddie tapper game, but I guess those sell. I would much rather have a real RPG or fighting game.

I have never played these babyish games before, but I liked it so far and upgraded, unlocked, and fought bosses that were tough.

I have no idea about the tropes of this tapper genre, but to make it more challenging the enemies should be able to hit back (He-Man should have hit points) or at least have them all on a timer, not just the bosses. Collecting coins could be bothersome at times.

Anyway, I was glad to see so many characters. I hope it is successful so we get more MOTU games. But as it stands now, it targets very young kids even though the MOTU is an adult toy franchise right now. If there is a movie, I can imagine this becoming super popular.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, either follow the link in the OP or type the exact title in the App Store on your device.
    You could also try playing He-Man: The Most Powerful Game in the Universe. Its a platform beat 'em up and you can play as He-Man or She-Ra. It's a lot of fun, although nowhere near the amount of characters as the Tappers game. I have them both and I like them
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Unapologetic TEELA fan.
    Check out some of my resin toys! some cool stuff coming soon! http://lordchaoscreations.bigcartel.com/
    This one goes up to 11... When Cannons Fade

I decided to give it another try and I'm at level 45 now, I thinks its a little addicting because you want to unlock more heroes and see all the enemies, i'll keep playing and see where it goes.
    Skeletor, if there's a good bone in you, send help!
    There isn't! Never has been, never will be.

My 4-year-old was super into it yesterday but as of day 2 I think he's starting to get bored with it.
    motureview.blogspot.com - A Commemoration of Masters of the Universe in print media

Quote Originally Posted by Lando452 View Post
    I decided to give it another try and I'm at level 45 now, I thinks its a little addicting because you want to unlock more heroes and see all the enemies, i'll keep playing and see where it goes.
    That's how it is for me: the wanting to keep unlocking things. I usually load it up a couple times a day as a distraction for 5 or 10 minutes.

I know it's not the VS fighter, or first-person shooter, or MMO a lot of fans want, but for a free app, I think it's fun to get a dose of MOTU for a little bit each day.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by Brad2dbone View Post
    All you do is tap the screen, so it isn't even a game really, BUT I love trying to collect all of the Masters and leveling them up, so I think it's a lot of fun. Just don't go into it expecting some amazing challenge or gameplay.
    The collecting piece is why I have continued to play. Its a great looking game, the gameplay is super simple and I actually like it about that. One of those easy games you can play without being too stressed out about getting to that next level.

The only thing I haven't tried out is the "time travel" piece. Do you lose all your masters you have collected and level ups you have done to that point? Too nervous to try it out if I would lose them all.
    My blog: huckthedog.com

My trade feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=174899

Quote Originally Posted by Shawners View Post
    The only thing I haven't tried out is the "time travel" piece. Do you lose all your masters you have collected and level ups you have done to that point? Too nervous to try it out if I would lose them all.
    I did a write-up about it.
    You lose both of those, but there's a big benefit to it.
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects

Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    No, it is not. If you previously bought it, you can find it in your "My Apps" catalog to download again.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by ehenyo View Post
    No, it is not. If you previously bought it, you can find it in your "My Apps" catalog to download again.
    Thanks. I know that I downloaded it when it was released.

Heroic Warrior
    In response to Daniel Benedict: Getting enough gold to unlock She-Ra DID NOT change my life - because she essentially does what all the other supporting Masters do which of course you would know if you peak at the locked silhouettes.

I have a very polarizing love/hate feeling about this game (and for reference the last He-Man mobile game was the last mobile game I spent even close to this much time with). There is so much more I would like to see in terms of strategy with different enemies, unique skills for allies, different costumes and new animations for allies. I fear all these changes would probably result in a different game than the developers had in mind for this though.

Once you acquire all of He-Man's skills (and experiment with stacking them), Evolve your first ally and realize nothing about appearance or animation changes (only their damage output), and realize all the artifacts are just modifiers and don't grant new abilities - you'll be asking yourself "Why should I keep playing this repetitive game just to see the remaining allies animations?" A tall tedious order which someone ripping the game's assets could equally accomplish. Yet somehow I kept playing... I'm done for now and don't know if I'll come back to unlock the remaining 5 allies or try to acquire all artifacts. I see a HUGE time sink ahead without a lot of reward.

image.jpg
    Last edited by Kesmai; September 1, 2016 at 09:29pm.

I downloaded it today and played for about an hour. I liked it! I'm a sucker for any game where the object is to level up by fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kesmai View Post
    In response to Daniel Benedict: Getting enough gold to unlock She-Ra DID NOT change my life
    Good grief! How long did you play it to get to that point???
    I'm impressed.

Yeah....I'm on stage 91 and level 500 for He-Man and still don't have close to enough for Mechaneck!

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I did a write-up about it.
    You lose both of those, but there's a big benefit to it.
    So tried out the Time Travel ... and have done it 11 times since. Its well worth it. With getting artifacts it helps move the game along at a faster pace if you upgrade the right ones along the way. Been focusing on the Music Box to reduce the upgrade costs so I can get to masters for less $. And putting all I can into Eldritch Book of Spells to beef up my Battlecat. With him acting as a Master it really helps speed the game along.
    My blog: huckthedog.com

My trade feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=174899

Nice! thanks for the tips based on your experiences!
    How far do you go before you Time Travel? Is there sot of a "tipping point" you are aware of each time?

I havent played it yet. but seems a lot like Cookie Clicker....which is addicting.

I finally made it to level 75
    Skeletor, if there's a good bone in you, send help!
    There isn't! Never has been, never will be.

Heroic Warrior
    Good grief! How long did you play it to get to that point???
    I'm impressed.
    I have no idea really. Too much apparently I did spend some money on gems to quicken the pace. Best artifacts I've found are Ram Skull, Golden Blade, and Music Box to help with gold and cutting costs. I stack skills, align timers and then spend gems to double the timers on them over and over again and then get down to slashing. I'm not even much of a gamer these days but when I find one I like or want to support, I binge. Just acquired Fisto. When the difficulty ramps up, unlocking characters and evolving existing ones are the game changers.

So how many artifacts do you have thus far? I'm curious how many you have to get in order to get the ones you listed.
    And thanks!

Heroic Warrior
    So how many artifacts do you have thus far? I'm curious how many you have to get in order to get the ones you listed.
    And thanks!
    Seems completely random and could potentially get any of the 37 at any time. You can click on the artifact and then trade it in for the cost of gems (the less total artifacts you have, the less it will cost) and in-exchange for the number of keys you've put into the artifact. So if you're willing to dwindle your artifacts to around to a few you could spend a few gems and keep trading in artifacts to hopefully get the ones you want. Gets way too expensive to get them all. Better to focus upgrading a few good ones. I have 4 artifacts right now I'm hanging onto.