View Poll Results: Mattel/Super7 ThunderCats figures: Will they continue?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. I think Super7 really wants to pursue this line, no matter the cost.

22 75.86%
  • No. I think it will become too cost-prohibitive and the line will end with Mattel.

7 24.14%

Thread: Mattel/Super7 ThunderCats figures: Will they continue?

Mattel/Super7 ThunderCats figures: Will they continue?

Club Third-Earth is on its way and there is much excitement for our Thunderian friends.

We have heard what Super7 has planned, and we heard that the 4H would like to continue with the line, but will it actually happen?

Do you personally feel that Super7 will, indeed, acquire the rights and continue to manufacture the rest of the ThunderCats figures?
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Hmmm....my thoughts are that the true answer is somewhere in between. There's no question that SUPER 7 wants the T-CATS to continue, but there has to be a ceiling for what they'll pay for the license. If it's too much, they simply won't pay. They are a business, after all.

Hopefully, they can continue. I don't think there's a single person who actually wants T-CATS to die prematurely. In the end, it seems like it's better for somebody to be making and selling T-CATS toys rather than just nothing happening, but who knows?
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; September 29, 2016 at 04:45pm.
    Odd Man Out

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I can't answer the question because I just don't know. I want them to continue but there are too many variables and unknowns that I cannot answer this question with any sort of certainty.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Two (technically) cancelled lines in the last 5 years surely means Warner Bros. can't be too difficult on the license costs. However since Super7 were interested in the license before (they must have known the approximate cost of it) that bodes well. I think if they want it, I'm pretty sure it's in Warner Bros best interests to work with them which I think they will do once it's made clear they plan to continue where Mattel left off. It's just that the process is slow.

Hopefully we will hear something on ThunderCats by New York Toy Fair in February.
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Whiplash, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, Two-Bad, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

I'm not going to lie, I would love to see this line flourish, heck, I would be willing to trade whatever CC Sub figures are planned to get my mitts on more ThunderCats... but, for whatever reason, TC figures always seem to meet an early demise (even the Mezco figures almost left out Tygra!)

I know Brian said that Super7 is adamantly chasing the TC license... but I feel that they may have their hands full with the MOTUC transition and want to sink whatever resources they've got into He-Man...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

I think it will go on, but perhaps not go as deeply into the TC lore as MOTUC did. (As only a casual TC fan, that's fine with me.)
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Heroic Warrior
    I really hope so!
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE