Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Power-Con 2017 Non-Attendee Exclusives Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by bezem View Post
    I swear Wayne-Klops you keep saying exactly what I'm thinking but much more eloquently than I

I loved Power-Con and want Super7 to succeed and MOTUC to continue; I too only posted my feedback in the hopes it will help Super7 improve and tighten up the figures we love so much.
    Thank you for saying that! I usually don't feel very eloquent with my words. I'm glad to hear others feel the same way I do.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Most wanted: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) Masks of Power Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha, 21) Stridor, 22) Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 23) ABC Giants

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Cool.

Yeah, Super7 had to airship the Power-Con one's to get them in time. It was very expensive and a kick in the pants. But, alas, it had to happen. If Super7 had to airship everything, it would destroy the already slim profit margins.

Most people I've spoken to via e-mail and PM who are non-attendees are fine with the wait. Besides, we made the wait time clear at the beginning with the pre-order. No one should be surprised as it said from the beginning the Non-Attendee orders are planned to ship within 8 weeks after the con. The info was all there.

I get that there are fans who are excited to get their figures, and hate waiting, but there's no reason to be upset about the wait. The time will pass very quickly and they'll be in everyone's hands before they know it.
    I have no pb to wait for my figures, and I hope as you said in the other thread, they will improve the quality of wave 1 for both subs.
    Also do you know when you can post the poll threads Val ?
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

I think you're over-reacting and assuming too much, especially when you're immediately travelling down the conspiracy theory trail to suggest Super7 knowingly produced figures that have some quirks. I don't see how anything on these figures is a "lack of respect" or that they look like bootlegs. In fact, there's plenty of comments to the contrary.

I have to leave that up to Super7. But we also need to consider that factorys could have proprietary mixes of compounds for their resins and plastics and won't share those with other factories.

I'm not worried. The reaction to the figures at Power-Con was overwhelmingly positive. Most people know a few things are off, but I'm sure Super7 and 4H will continue to tweak the formulas to get it all right with future releases.
    It's not time to experiment. Why didn't they use the proven factory that uses FH for Mithic Legions? It gives the impression that Super7 only wants to lower costs and not give figures of quality.
    The Power-Con exclusives look cheap and have serious problems as well as the production samples they showed at the event, all the figures have the wide crotch, that's a serious mistake, you have to be blind not to recognize it.

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    Thanks for the reply! It seems they used different fore-arms than the original MOTUC Stratos, since those had a groove that the bracers fit in.

This was discussed before, bezem can chime in with his first hand experience, but Val said it is one solid piece, not glued, so theoretically you could heat it up and remove it, but it might be a little harder since the rest of the figures body is made of new materials. Also, if it gets straetched out too much, it might not go back to its original diameter.
    That are bad news for me, since I was planning on putting the belt on my regular figures. I think accessories should be interchangeable for mix and match stuff as they were supposed to be. I hope this can be taken into account for future releases.
    Re-release Dino-Riders sculpted by the Four Horsemen!!!

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    I've been quietly reading this thread since last Sunday, and I have not made any comments until now because I don't have my figures in hand, but so many photos and comments pointing out same issues can't be wrong. I'm worried.

Most worrying is that the usual voices are quite quiet:
    1) No official/whole galleries published
    2) Those published in other sites avoid showing the production sample figures (specially Teela)
    3) The lead voices of this community are not commenting on the issues up front
    4) The usual walkthrough video overlooked the evident aesthetic/quality issues
    5) Most important: Super 7 has said nothing

I think most of us are in the attitude of "I know there are issues, I don't have to be happy about it, but if you address them and make a serious commitment to fix them, that will be quite enough". However, instead of getting this "problem solving" mode, we're getting silence or no acknowledge of the reported issues (saying that there's equally positive feedback, so it's a matter of taste).

Above mentioned "climate" is what push people to start speculating about conspiracy: if no info is provided, we make our own forged reality, that's human nature. For example, my own theory is that Super7 is honestly OK with this quality, at least from the design perspective, not necessarily from the quality of materials perspective. The reason: they're mostly focused on retro style items, and for my particular taste, the retro style stuff allows some indulgence from the design perspective, they're nostalgic, but being retro means they are also not "clean/streamlined" enough for current industry standards for collector's action figures.

Let's be honest: for the prices we pay (not only the figures themselves, but also the shipping costs we pay) we expect something on par of Mythic Legions. That's not necessarily fair, but as someone said in this thread, we've been spoiled (in the positive way) by having that benchmark from the very same designers of MOTUC line, so our expectations are high.

Ultimates were OK. I only got Ram-Man, but setting apart the bad choice of color for the armor, any other aspect was OK for me. I'm happy with that figure. So, why are these new figures not following (apparently) same standards?

Teela's face deserves it's own discussion. The one we saw is not THAT bad if we see it as an anonymous figure, but IT'S TEELA!!! It's the most iconic female character of the whole line (let's face it, She-Ra is not even close to Teela), and after so many years we want a Teela with the likeness of the Filmation show. The likeness is not there for this figure, and we can't even say the face look pretty (which was the case of the prototype). I think most fans were expecting this to be the definitive Teela, but if we get something like the photos we're seeing, we will just be left with the wish to have another Teela down the road, made right and with the likeness of the cartoon. Maybe some of us will consider commission a custom head eventually.

In sum, the call for S7 is: just provide info and explanations, we're not just fans, we're customers.

The Non-Attendee order is still on the boat.
    Everytime this is said, I'm picturing Trap-Jaw as T-Pain, Adam as Andy Samberg, and Stratos as Akiva Schaffer...

"I'm On A Boat"
    (feat. T-Jaw)

[Chorus (T-Jaw)]Adam & Stratos:
    I'm on a boat (I'm on a boat)
    Everybody look at me cause I'm sailin on a boat (sailin on a boat)
    I'm on a boat
    Take a good hard look at the [explicit] boat (boat, yeah)

[Adam & Stratos (T-Jaw)]
    I'm on a boat, Bone Brain! take a look at me
    Straight flowin' on a boat on the deep blue sea
    Bustin five knots, wind whippin out my coat
    You can't stop me, Skeletor, cause I'm on a boat

Adam:
    I'm on a boat and, it's goin fast and
    I got a nautical themed pashmina afghan
    I'm the prince of Eternia, on a boat like Leo
    If you're on the shore, then you're sho' not me-oh
    {Get the heck up, this boat is REAL!!!}

This needs to happen for the Power-Con 2018 First annual Costume Karaoke contest.

Anyway, does anyone else just keep their Power-Con exclusives MOC? The art on the back of these is so good I can't see taking them out! I'm going to display all the power-con / mini-comic / cardback variants with their boxes behind loose "standard" versions of the characters.
    Last edited by Streamside; September 14, 2017 at 10:59am. Reason: Addendum

Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    I have no pb to wait for my figures, and I hope as you said in the other thread, they will improve the quality of wave 1 for both subs.
    Also do you know when you can post the poll threads Val ?
    I was going to do it on Friday night but things got crazy because of Power-Con. it will go up very soon.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2017!

Quote Originally Posted by man-at-work View Post
    In sum, the call for S7 is: just provide info and explanations, we're not just fans, we're customers.
    I chalk it up more to us being spoiled by Scott's level of interaction with the community.

Most companies don't do that and I think Super7 falls in line with what more companies do which is address concerns in one lump sum periodically.

No one wants there to be any concerns with the figures. Everyone including Super7 and the Four Horsemen want them to be perfect. so I think they will get them tweaked over time as they adjust with the new factory.

In my opinion the Power-Con exclusives are great as a whole and a lot of people feel the same way. So I wouldn't throw the baby out with the bathwater.
    :-)
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2017!

Quote Originally Posted by herbie747 View Post
    Can all the non-attendees talking about the quality of figures they haven't even seen, move their discussion to this thread?
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...cussion/page16
    It's not necessary to see them in person, the images say everything. The poor quality and problems are in sight, those who say the opposite are minority.

I can't wait till BBTS ships my sets...I obviously haven't touched the figures yet, but they certainty look cool...also the art on the back looks killer

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    Icer and Filmation Clawful made. Mission complete.

Read through the thread and didn't see anything. Apologize if I missed it. But did we every find out why Strato's skin color was made darker than it was depicted in the source martial he was based on?
    mini_comic_stratos.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Baedal View Post
    It's not necessary to see them in person, the images say everything. The poor quality and problems are in sight, those who say the opposite are minority.
    My point is that there's a specific thread EXACTLY for that discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    I may still try to pick up an Adam to swap the vest onto my extra Ultimates He-Man. Anyone know if King He-Man's flesh tone matches Ultimates He-Man? If it does, then King He-Man's arms on an Ultimates He-Man buck with the blue vest would make a good sturdy comic colors Prince Adam.
    I don't have King He-Man on display currently but I think I have him handy; I'll try to take some comparison shots with the three of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Xetheus View Post
    Hi, Is Stratos' belt not removable? Is it glued or is it one molded piece?
    It seems like a solid piece to me but it's possible it's glued under the buckle. I'll check when I get home from work.

I don't have King He-Man on display currently but I think I have him handy; I'll try to take some comparison shots with the three of them.
    Cool. Thanks. My backup plan if King He-Man arms don't match Ultimates He-Man is to use Oo-Larr arms. I know this version of comic Adam has gold bracers but there's another version of comic Adam ( also in blue, but different style vest) that has bare wrists. So I can live with an amalgamation of the 2 versions if I have to. But King He-Man arms would be preffered.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    I was going to do it on Friday night but things got crazy because of Power-Con. it will go up very soon.
    OK nice thanks
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Widget
    Cannot wait !!!

I chalk it up more to us being spoiled by Scott's level of interaction with the community.

Most companies don't do that and I think Super7 falls in line with what more companies do which is address concerns in one lump sum periodically.

No one wants there to be any concerns with the figures. Everyone including Super7 and the Four Horsemen want them to be perfect. so I think they will get them tweaked over time as they adjust with the new factory.

In my opinion the Power-Con exclusives are great as a whole and a lot of people feel the same way. So I wouldn't throw the baby out with the bathwater.
    :-)
    I was always a ToyGuru and Mattel defender. I was willing to let the continual issues slide in the past, because there were more hits than misses with Classics. But, Val, the Power Con figures are huge failures. Not the character selection or packaging, but the actual production figures themselves.

I'm sure you read my review, but to reiterate, the quality on these figures is really bad. And I need an explanation from Super 7 as to what exactly gives with the quality and if Brian will guarantee that these same issues will be fixed for future releases. As I said before, if this is the quality we can expect from now on, then I am done with Classics. These figures were not worth the money I paid.

And Super 7 just announced today that they are doing another preorder. There is no way on earth that I will fork over any more money to Super 7 until they address this.

I mean, as I write this, I am holding my Stratos and his right hand and wing is spinning around like a pin wheel. That is how loose he is. He can't hold the Staff of Avion, because his hand will spin from the weight. His head can not not look down. It just snaps back into place.

Can we get any warranty replacements for these? This Stratos is destined for the trash.

The glaring issues that must be addressed are:

1. Cheap, thin plastic

2. Sloppy, bleed through paint apps.

3. Thick crotch piece being used instead of the thinner piece.

4. Head pin and arm joints are way too tight.

5. Way too loose hand joints.

6. Gun peg holes not tight enough on Plasmar

I mean, seriously, I've paid several hundred dollars to Super 7 and I will be livid if this is the same quality they deliver on the Wave 1 figures.

And there is no way I will preorder for another Wave until this is addressed by Brian.
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, EVIL ROBOT, SAGITAR, ARTILLA, UNCLE MONTORK & DREE-ELLE, TUVAR, BADDHRA, SLIME PIT BONE WARRIOR,

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jake View Post
    I was always a ToyGuru and Mattel defender. I was willing to let the continual issues slide in the past, because there were more hits than misses with Classics. But, Val, the Power Con figures are huge failures. Not the character selection or packaging, but the actual production figures themselves.

I'm sure you read my review, but to reiterate, the quality on these figures is really bad. And I need an explanation from Super 7 as to what exactly gives with the quality and if Brian will guarantee that these same issues will be fixed for future releases. As I said before, if this is the quality we can expect from now on, then I am done with Classics. These figures were not worth the money I paid.

And Super 7 just announced today that they are doing another preorder. There is no way on earth that I will fork over any more money to Super 7 until they address this.

I mean, as I write this, I am holding my Stratos and his right hand and wing is spinning around like a pin wheel. That is how loose he is. He can't hold the Staff of Avion, because his hand will spin from the weight. His head can not not look down. It just snaps back into place.

Can we get any warranty replacements for these? This Stratos is destined for the trash.

1. Cheap, thin plastic

I mean, seriously, I've paid several hundred dollars to Super 7 and I will be livid if this is the same quality they deliver on the Wave 1 figures.

And there is no way I will preorder for another Wave until this is addressed by Brian.
    I would like to second that!

+ making accessories like Stratos' collar and belt hardly or non-removable (if you do not plan to customize your figure) is also not the best of ideas in a toy line where these things were used to be interchangable with other figures from the line.

Again...using this sort of plastic is the worst idea in the long history of bad ideas for this toy line.

I am sure, Brian is a cool guy and Super 7 staff is a bunch of really great gals and guys and Val is a phenomenal talent as are the FH, but I just cannot justify to spend several hundreds of dollars AGAIN on Wave 2 when I am not absolutely convinced that Wave 1 will be a 99.9 % hassle free wave.

The quality we are seeing in the Power Con figures has sunk to a level that is near the lowest quality we saw in the worst times while Mattel was handling this line.

I was so super happy when I heard that a new company took over the license and is keeping MOTUC alive since this line still has so much potential...but the reality check is a very hard punch in the guts qualitywise.

This is not a cheap line to collect, especially not if you buy multiples of characters for whatever reason.

If the quality stays this way in Wave 1...this line is as good as dead. That saddens me already.

There is a lot of frustration in me right now (sorry for that), but how else should a fan feel if the problems are so obvious.

How can I give Super 7 some slag if I feel that I just burned hundreds of dollars on figures that are so badly produced with so less care put into it.

It took the FH months and months to deliver the Kickstarter products....I do not believe that was because they did not want to deliver the products earlier...but they obviously quality checked their figures over and over again until near perfect results were achieved.

The only way to prevend this line from failing is to give the fans/customers a product that they feel is right on the money. If the figures would be supreme, fans would throw their money at Super 7. As it looks now, there is no global outcry on the quality of the Power Con figures, but a surely negative feedback in general. Some say it is horribly bad, feedback of others is not that negative, but also not overwhelming...more an 'okay', I can live with that, better that than nothing attitude.

Quality must improve ASAP on all figures and before Wave 1 is delivered. If a better quality cannot be given before that supposed delivery date, it would be better to postpone the products and start production from scratch. That would help their reputation a landslide.

If that is finacially feasible, I doubt it.

But as Brian Flynn said with his own words...he does not want to deliver '****** toys'...not the best start to hold up to that promise.

To set the preorder window for Wave 2 before Wave 1 ships is not very convincing right now. It worked between Ultimates and Wave 1...but due to the Power Con figures' quality...hmmm I am not sure this will work a second time without Brian to step up and explain the situation to fans in detail!

What's more is that I would like to point out after my post above that I also want Super 7 to succeed. I would like the FH to keep going with sculpting these dreams of characters and in cooperation with Super 7 make these into working action figures and I would like to expand my collection with their products. BUT ACTION IS NEEDED RIGHT NOW TO IMPROVE THE QUALITY OF THESE FIGURES ON ALL FRONTS!
    Last edited by Xetheus; September 14, 2017 at 07:22pm.
    Re-release Dino-Riders sculpted by the Four Horsemen!!!

I just wrote my issues to Super 7. Now the waiting game begins.
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, EVIL ROBOT, SAGITAR, ARTILLA, UNCLE MONTORK & DREE-ELLE, TUVAR, BADDHRA, SLIME PIT BONE WARRIOR,

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jake View Post

1. Cheap, thin plastic

It's what I'm trying to say, the problem is serious here, all samples of the next waves have the same issues, the same plastic and the wide crotch, less than 2 months for release, but there are people in this forum that this turning a blind eye.

I pre-ordered 2 for Power-Con, 3 for CG and 3 for CC, that is 36 figures, lot money, plus shipping and tax in my country, I trusted them, if I dont have answers in the short term, it's impossible to buy something from what Super7 announced today.

Serving the Universe DennyCrane's Avatar
    OK guys, got home a little early today so I've taken my pictures. As I said I'm no photographer and I live in a cramped one bedroom so if my mess shows in any of the pics I apologize! Any requests for further pictures or comparisons just let me know. First up is my favorite of the group, Lord Gr'asp. He just screams MOTU to me and I think he's just plain rad. His head also moves the easiest, though I again stopped short of popping it off entirely after my Trap-Jaw incident.
    Attachment 114184Attachment 114185Attachment 114186Attachment 114187
    Next up we have Terroar; his head popped off easily enough but the neck piece required heating to plug into place.Great character and I love how his bio explains the reason behind all of his varied yet familiar parts.
    Attachment 114188Attachment 114189Attachment 114190Attachment 114191
    Plasmar is next; after heating his head I could spin it around entirely, and after it cooled I now have a very tight but serviceable noggin that can turn to the right and left. I love his Horde Blaster and imagine he and Fisto are brothers from another mother
    Attachment 114192Attachment 114193Attachment 114194Attachment 114195Attachment 114196

@bezem - much appreciated!
    Shop DC Collectibles for Pop Culture Entertainment -
    Hot Toys, Action Figures, Game & Hobby, Comic Book, Retro / Vintage & More!
    http://DCCollect.com • #24Tuesday • Free Shipping • More!

Get Social for the latest news and reviews, product updates and sale announcements:
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Pinterest

Quote Originally Posted by Xetheus View Post
    That are bad news for me, since I was planning on putting the belt on my regular figures. I think accessories should be interchangeable for mix and match stuff as they were supposed to be. I hope this can be taken into account for future releases.
    Hopefully this image will brighten your day
    20170914_185147.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    Cool. Thanks. My backup plan if King He-Man arms don't match Ultimates He-Man is to use Oo-Larr arms. I know this version of comic Adam has gold bracers but there's another version of comic Adam ( also in blue, but different style vest) that has bare wrists. So I can live with an amalgamation of the 2 versions if I have to. But King He-Man arms would be preffered.
    I think King He-Man and Ultimates He-Man are pretty close; here are some comparison pics I have taken.
    20170914_185729.jpg20170914_185641.jpg20170914_185543.jpg20170914_185500.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
    @bezem - much appreciated!
    You are most welcome; it's exciting to be the guy with the pictures for once, and I appreciate everyone's patience with my amateur shots!

Hopefully this image will brighten your day
    20170914_185147.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Well looky there. It looks like if you could get the glue loose, the belt has a tab to take it off and put on. You are definitely the man with all these pics Bezem. Sorry your Trap Jaw had to be sacrificed.

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    Well looky there. It looks like if you could get the glue loose, the belt has a tab to take it off and put on. You are definitely the man with all these pics Bezem. Sorry your Trap Jaw had to be sacrificed.
    He suffered greatly for the cause but I have ideas on making him whole again. Hopefully this weekend I'll have the time and patience

Val, thank you for the Con hard work.
    I had a blast.

I was the guy you barely let in line on Friday at 7:50pm for early pick up. I was with my daughter and you told your biggest body guard NOT to let me in. Lol!

Either way. Great exclusives. Awesome panels. My favorite were the movie screening on Sat. And the 200x voice actor panel. Sweet stuff.