Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1555636465
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 1620

Thread: Power-Con returning in 2017 - September 9 & 10 in Los Angeles, CA

Quote Originally Posted by nickdoobs View Post
    Hey man, this is Nick, the guy who went as Trap Jaw. It was nice to meet you. I was hoping to see some unique Cosplay. I thought yours was clever and you pulled it off great. Also enjoyed Jimmy's gender bender He-Ra. I just created an album with some of the costumes. I'm upset I didn't take more pics. There were some really good kids costumes. Baby Sorceress is quite possibly the cutest thing I've ever seen.

Cosplay at PowerCon 2017 https://imgur.com/gallery/mPSFl

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Your Trap Jaw was fantastic!

As far as Power-Con goes, I agree with what most people are saying...this one was the best one ever!

I got to see so many old friends and meet new people!

The cosplay contest was the highlight for Adora. Maybe for me too. There were so many cool costumes. To hear that Kevin's daughter Teela made the Mara costume by herself is amazing. I still feel the guy who did Dragstor got robbed.

I'm so excited for next year!

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post

As far as Power-Con goes, I agree with what most people are saying...this one was the best one ever!

The cosplay contest was the highlight for Adora. Maybe for me too. There were so many cool costumes. To hear that Kevin's daughter Teela made the Mara costume by herself is amazing. I still feel the guy who did Dragstor got robbed.

The best part is when Gabe asked Adora what she was going to do with her prize, and she shrugged, "I don't know." She has such a big personality, it is hilarious.

Widget

Yeah, that Dragstor was pretty awesome! Adora was great, as were all the kids who dressed up!

Thanks so much! Dragstor was pretty darn good. I probably would have put him somewhere in the top three, but I know the judges had a tough job. Catra did a really good job with her costume as well as getting into character. She was meowing and scratching her way up and around the stage. Someone told me Dragstor is same guy who won last year as Man-E-Faces. I'm not sure how true that is though, don't hold me to it.

I loved all the Kids costumes so much. Anyone have a photo of Fisto with the yarn-beard or Baby Sorceress?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdude

Yeah, Dragstor was totally ripped off.

Trap Jaw, Dragstor, Catra, Man-At-Arms were my top 4. Then probably He-Man & Battle Cat. Battle Cat never stopped doing the voice - that's dedication to the gimmick!

Dorrmann - I never met you, but I was talking to your wife before the cosplay competition. Such a lovely lady. I commented that you'd posted the photos of Adora the week before, so we all recognised her.
    Kevin - I was sitting in front of you for the Newspaper strip panel - I asked you if your daughter's name was really Teela.

Amazing meeting so many awesome people last week. Had the time of my life.

Thanks for all the nice words about Adora (and also my wife, Herbie - she remembers you).

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a quick walk down the line of contestants waiting for the cosplay contest.

My least favorite panel: Super7 Panel. As some have said, there wasn't much of a point to it. Besides no new MOTUC news, there wasn't even any new news on their MUSCLES or ReAction lines like there was last year. They've talked about the history of the company before. I could have definitely found something better to do with the time.

My favorite panel: 1987 Movie panel. The running commentary while showing the film was pretty cool. It was pretty fun and informative. The panelists interacted well with each other.

I enjoyed talking to the 200X voice actors and 1987 movie stars when they were in the autograph areas. All the ones I talked to were really nice and I had good conversations with them. I talked about some of their more obscure works to some of them which they enjoyed talking about.

I meet and talked to a lot of He-Fans that I had met last year and many new ones as well. I had the Power Pass. I enjoyed getting through lines quicker & getting in a half-hour earlier to the floor and it helped to hear everything crystal clear up front at panels even when some panelists didn't talk directly into mics. When watching the screens on the left and the right during panels, one did have to turn a pretty hard right or left, so in some cases, a person might feel better off sitting a few rows back in screen heavy panels. Overall, I had a great time. 99% of the people there were cool. It was kind of like a family reunion atmosphere even with people you didn't know before since you have MOTU in common with them.

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    It was nice to meet you and Teela (I was in front of you guys in the early pick up line Friday night). I have to say, Teela's costume was fantastic! It was great to see you and her represent New Adventures characters. I cringed when Gabe mispronounced Master Sebrian's name, but understand he probably is not familiar with the character.
    -You too! (We remember you!) And, thanks! We were excited to be doing NA, but I think you and others are right that unfamiliarity with the characters might play a part in decisions. *shrug* Either way, we enjoyed ourselves, and we were dressed for all who DO know and would appreciate the NA love!

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    I just about died when I saw the pictures online! SO awesome to see that. It's fantastic that you get to share one of your favorite things with your daughter ... who I'm sure has the coolest name in her class!!
    Yeah, sharing this stuff with my girls is the greatest thing imaginable! And, I read her your post and she said "I do" regarding her name!

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    Kevin! It was SO great seeing you and Teela again. Both of your costumes were amazing! In fact, at first, I didn't even recognize either of you in them because they were that darn good!
    I can't tell you how delighted I was to see Teela cheering at the Power Tour just like the kids in 1987 did. Guys, she STOOD UP for the Eternian National Anthem. It was AWESOME.
    When it ended, it was 2 AM and she was still buzzing with excitement and enthusiasm, as was her proud papa. THANK YOU for being awesome, Kevin! xoxo
    You're gonna make me cry, Danielle! THANKS so much for your kind words and excitement! And thanks for championing Teela's excitement! It was her primary goal to stay up for the Power Tour to see it entirely with daddy for the first time, and she made it with flying colors! As you said, she was "all in", and it actually made me glad I HADN'T seen it as a kid, because this first-time experience with her was magical!... I felt her excitement and it made me 8 again too!

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    I wanted a Songster figure in Classics before, but seeing this show increased my interest in such a figure tenfold.
    Seconded.

The cosplay contest was the highlight for Adora. Maybe for me too. There were so many cool costumes. To hear that Kevin's daughter Teela made the Mara costume by herself is amazing.
    Thanks, John! I was impressed with Teela's job on her costume myself! And, everyone... I've been sharing all the nice comments in this thread (and PMs) with her, and it's made her feel very good to hear so many people say they loved her costume and what a great job she did making it... thank you all! John, Teela and I were so excited for Adora and you... congrats again!

Quote Originally Posted by herbie747 View Post
    Kevin - I was sitting in front of you for the Newspaper strip panel - I asked you if your daughter's name was really Teela.

Amazing meeting so many awesome people last week. Had the time of my life.
    I remember! Nice to meet you! And, glad you had such a great time! (It's epic, isn't it?!) See you next year?

Did anyone pick up James Eatock's lost minicomic "The Return from Terror Island" ? It was announced on the main page, but i haven't seen any reviews yet. Does anyone know if James will have it available for purchase online ?

Quote Originally Posted by MOTUmaster View Post
    Did anyone pick up James Eatock's lost minicomic "The Return from Terror Island" ? It was announced on the main page, but i haven't seen any reviews yet. Does anyone know if James will have it available for purchase online ?
    Seems like I read somewhere that the comic was featured in the new MOTU Comics book that Dark Horse published but I might be wrong.
    I have finally returned from Despondos.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...psa697c4d9.png

Looks like another fun, successful Power-Con!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post

Seems like I read somewhere that the comic was featured in the new MOTU Comics book that Dark Horse published but I might be wrong.
    The black and white art is in the Minicomic Collection, but what James was offering is the artworked colored and produced as a minicomic. It is great.

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    I gather it was meant something to sell at Power-Con. Of course you can always contact James and ask if he has copies left and can work something out.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    The black and white art is in the Minicomic Collection, but what James was offering is the artworked colored and produced as a minicomic. It is great.
    Indeed. The whole minicomic in B&W is featured in the 2015 "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Minicomic Collection" hardcover book from Dark Horse. It is definitely worth checking out. For there are other previously un-released stuff in the book too.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan and contributor to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    I gather it was meant something to sell at Power-Con. Of course you can always contact James and ask if he has copies left and can work something out.
    International shipping would be more than the cost of the item. I think this is one of those things where you or someone you know just has to be there.

I didn't get that one but I did pick up "The Dark Sacrifice." It's pretty badass. Basically it's the minicomic interpretation of the German Audiotape with Anti He-Man.
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdude

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    Hahaha......good to know my memory is still fairly decent. I have the book myself but have yet to open it.
    I have finally returned from Despondos.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...psa697c4d9.png

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post

Quest Miniatures exhibiting at Power-Con 2017
    Quest Miniatures making their debut Con showing their newly hand sculpted Masters of the Universe Miniature line. This collection of highly detailed miniatures for painting and collecting will be inspired by the classic Filmation style and cast in metal. Quest Miniatures produces 32mm or 1:48 scale metal models that fit into the cartoon, comic, fantasy, video game, science fiction genre. Join Quest Miniatures at Power-Con!
    We're discussing these minis by Quest Miniatures over here - http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-Line-Powercon
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

I got the 4HM's figures at Power Con, and after getting home and opening them and looking online, I realized Adamonn was supposed to include an extra helmet head, axe, and shield that I did NOT get! I sent them a message via a "fourhorsemanstudiosllc2000" email address I found last week. I haven't heard anything back yet. Does anyone have any experience with them or advice for me... is there a different email I should use? Should I just expect it to take longer to hear back? I've heard in the past that they always take care of people with customer service, and I'm of course hopeful there's something that I can do to get my figure completed... just wondering if anyone knew a better means of contact to them (if needed)? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    I got the 4HM's figures at Power Con, and after getting home and opening them and looking online, I realized Adamonn was supposed to include an extra helmet head, axe, and shield that I did NOT get! I sent them a message via a "fourhorsemanstudiosllc2000" email address I found last week. I haven't heard anything back yet. Does anyone have any experience with them or advice for me... is there a different email I should use? Should I just expect it to take longer to hear back? I've heard in the past that they always take care of people with customer service, and I'm of course hopeful there's something that I can do to get my figure completed... just wondering if anyone knew a better means of contact to them (if needed)? Thanks!
    I've had to wait almost a month to get a response. But once I did, my issue was handled quickly and just waited for items to be shipped.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

When will Power Con 2018's dates be announced?