Page 63 of 65 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 1625

Thread: Power-Con returning in 2017 - September 9 & 10 in Los Angeles, CA

Quote Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
    Oooo! Could you show the front too? And maybe the rest of the figs? Sideways is fine and thanks.

Best shot we've seen yet

Meanwhile we already know what the ML figs look like--from every angle
    I'm no photographer but I'll take pictures when I get home from work; I'll clear my dresser top first too

Quote Originally Posted by bezem View Post
    Please forgive my messy dresser top ;p He actually has no jetpack....Attachment 114175
    Well that is very unfortunate. I know you didn┤t see a jetpack in the comic, but Alcala based his drawings on Mark Taylor┤s B-Sheets and Mark designed him with a jetpack of course. Bummer.

How does Stratos' skin tone compare with Zodac? I ask because if the Stratos' head snapped off due to the brittle neck peg, you might be able to make a more sturdy Stratos by swapping parts onto a Zodac torso, assuming the flesh color matches. That's also assuming that the new parts are interchangeable with the old parts.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    Well that is very unfortunate. I know you didn┤t see a jetpack in the comic, but Alcala based his drawings on Mark Taylor┤s B-Sheets and Mark designed him with a jetpack of course. Bummer.
    You can see part of it in one panel in "Vengeance of Skeletor".

Quote Originally Posted by nickdoobs View Post
    Thanks! I just sent you a link to my full album. Let me know if you got it. It's not showing up in my sent folder.
    Yep, I got it - thanks! Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    You can see part of it in one panel in "Vengeance of Skeletor".
    You┤re correct. I guess they just used "King of Castle Grayskull" as reference.
    Last edited by JimPansen; September 13, 2017 at 03:54pm.

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    How does Stratos' skin tone compare with Zodac? I ask because if the Stratos' head snapped off due to the brittle neck peg, you might be able to make a more sturdy Stratos by swapping parts onto a Zodac torso, assuming the flesh color matches. That's also assuming that the new parts are interchangeable with the old parts.
    When I take my pictures later this evening I'll be sure to put Zodac and Stratos side by side. Only Trappy's head snapped off and I have been treating the others with the utmost of care at this point re: head turning. I think a little softer head plastic and a little smaller ball on the neck peg would return these to a Mattel level of head swapability.

First up, I want to thank everyone who was at the show! I'm so stoked at everyone's response. Everyone was so happy, attendees and vendors included. It means a lot to me personally, as to everyone who works so hard on the show.

I was also surprised with something on Sunday night that was so touching. I can't express how grateful I am.

I'll do a detailed post later, as I'm just now getting back online. But i wanted everyone to know how much I appreciate your support of the show!!!

-------------------
    And quickly on the figures, I haven't had time to read the whole thread, but to address a couple of things quickly,

For Stratos minicomic backpack, I don't want to spoil the surprise. But let's say you got one minicomic belt/necklace combo with the Power-Con release that you see in the minicomics. And maybe you'll see the Mark Taylor necklace/backpack/belt variation he made somewhere else?

There were also a few things off with the figures in terms of the plastic durometer. For example, the head plastic is too hard so you can't remove the heads without heating them up with a hair dryer. That was a complete accident as the factory doesn't know the ins and outs yet of what fans do with the figures. You can still remove the heads, you just need to warm them up.

In a way, I'm glad this happened with the Power-Con exclusives. I know the Four Horsemen and Super7 will do detailed comparison on the exclusives to Mattel releases, and also do their best to address all the notes on the first run masters we saw in the display case so the regular releases will be improved.

This sort of thing is to be expected when switching from one factory to another. It's growing pains.
    They'll never be exactly the same as what Mattel produced, but they'll continue to dial them in to get them as close as possible.

Still, definitely write Super7 and let them know about tweaks you'd like to see to match what came on the previous Mattel releases. The more people they have asking for them, the more they'll be sure to include them.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2017!

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    For Stratos minicomic backpack, I don't want to spoil the surprise. But let's say you got one minicomic belt/necklace combo with the Power-Con release that you see in the minicomics. And maybe you'll see the Mark Taylor necklace/backpack/belt variation he made somewhere else?
    Now that would be something

Oh you big tease! Now I'm excited

Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    Now that would be something
    Definitely!

but, I have to zip my lip on anything else. I'm already over-stepping my boundaries by saying as much as I did. It's Super7's show and I'm just a fortunate spectator who gets to dip his toe into the water now and then.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2017!

This year was so much fun! I'll never get tired of talking to the 200x voice actors. Here's hoping for another great turnout next year!
    WARNING: FANGIRL AHEAD

Filmation Most Loved: Hordak, Catra, Sorceress
    NA Most Loved: Crita, Hoove
    200X Most Loved: Skeletor, Orko, Snake Men
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Filmation Hordak, MYP Skeletor

First up, I want to thank everyone who was at the show! I'm so stoked at everyone's response. Everyone was so happy, attendees and vendors included. It means a lot to me personally, as to everyone who works so hard on the show.

I was also surprised with something on Sunday night that was so touching. I can't express how grateful I am.

I'll do a detailed post later, as I'm just now getting back online. But i wanted everyone to know how much I appreciate your support of the show!!!

-------------------
    And quickly on the figures, I haven't had time to read the whole thread, but to address a couple of things quickly,

There were also a few things off with the figures in terms of the plastic durometer. For example, the head plastic is too hard so you can't remove the heads without heating them up with a hair dryer. That was a complete accident as the factory doesn't know the ins and outs yet of what fans do with the figures. You can still remove the heads, you just need to warm them up.

In a way, I'm glad this happened with the Power-Con exclusives. I know the Four Horsemen and Super7 will do detailed comparison on the exclusives to Mattel releases, and also do their best to address all the notes on the first run masters we saw in the display case so the regular releases will be improved.

This sort of thing is to be expected when switching from one factory to another. It's growing pains.
    They'll never be exactly the same as what Mattel produced, but they'll continue to dial them in to get them as close as possible.

Still, definitely write Super7 and let them know about tweaks you'd like to see to match what came on the previous Mattel releases. The more people they have asking for them, the more they'll be sure to include them.
    Val wouldn't just be easier if Brian Flynn and Super7 found out what type of grade Plastic The Mattel factory used on MOTUC's figures and then purchase the same grade plastic so that the figures look and feel like MOTUC's? People are saying that the Torso plastic feels lighter and cheaper on the Powercon exclusives and those of us who already pre paid for Collectors Choice and Club Grayskull wave 1 figures are concerned about the Plastic used. Super7's factory is using a much wider crotch section than was used on the Ultimates so people are seeing the legs sticking out further. We know super7 is doing the preorder on October 1st for Collectors Choice and Club Graykull wave 2 and some fans have posted they are hesitant to commit more money until they see the Quality of the Collectors Choice and club Grayskull wave 1 figures.

Crotch section Comparasin.jpg
    Last edited by mjw41; September 13, 2017 at 04:48pm.
    Excited for 2017 with Brian Flynn of Super7 & Four Horsemen taking over the MOTUC's, Club Grayskull and Hopefully Thundercats collectors lines

When I see someone struggling to change a flat tire, I have to step in. Not a problem, bro. Remember: rightie tighie, leftie loosie. That's all it was.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a serious note though - thanks so much for all your hard work (and your team too). I had an absolute blast. Everyone was so cool (except that nazi spaz during the documentary on Saturday night). This is the first convention I've ever been to, and I just loved the chilled atmosphere. I'd say bigger conventions lack that comradery. The panels were so well put together, Danielle was a fantastic host, the guys at the desk were cool, the vendors were great to talk to (especially on Sunday with less crowds around), the artwork on display was amazing, and Gabe Khouth is a class act!

Power of Grayskull is an amazing documentary, and Return of Faker is looking great too. Fascinating hearing the work that went into it. And one of my favourite panels was probably one of the least attended - The He-Man Newspaper Strip Spectacular. Such nice people. After the panel, I tracked down a copy of the book in Barnes & Noble, got an Uber straight over, and brought it back to get signed.

I spent a fortune!!!

And special thanks to Paul (@KingRandorFacepalm) for sourcing a Sideshow Skeletor for me in advance of my trip. Such an amazing piece. It was the one thing I really wanted to bring back with me.

20170913_184359.jpg

Master of New Adventures!
    You know what would be cute and fun? If you posted a countdown clock to Power-Con 2018, like they do behind the bar for St. Patty's Day in our favorite pub, and made it a sticky.

-------------------

First off, great show, wish I coulda stayed but I was whipped.
    But I just wanted to say that, at least with my set of figures, I haven't had many of the issues brought up. All my heads turn and I was able to swap Terroar's head without heating, though it did take a lot of pressure both pulling it off and pushing it on. The heads and everything else is harder, however I do like the softer loin cloth's and admire better. The only issues I had was that Plasmars guns done stay in and the armor is glued on. Otherwise really great figures and probably extended neck Terroar is my fav. I won't be taking the neck off so I guess I don't have to worry if it were to break next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    You know what would be cute and fun? If you posted a countdown clock to Power-Con 2018, like they do behind the bar for St. Patty's Day in our favorite pub, and made it a sticky.
    *Paddy's Day.

Quote Originally Posted by herbie747 View Post
    *Paddy's Day.
    I stand corrected...and please don't tell my Kim about this egregious error. Upon hearing of my gaffe, my Irish gal with generations-old County Cork roots, would flash her blazing azure eyes, grin impishly with her bee-stung scarlet bowtie lips, toss her crimson mane and demand, "How could ye?!"

Eirean go brach!!!
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; September 13, 2017 at 06:01pm.

Wow, I just saw there's a separate "non-attendee" thread. I'm not sure if that means this thread is dedicated exclusively to those who attended. If that's the case please accept my genuine apology for posting here. I truly didn't mean to intrude or be in a place where I'm not supposed to be.

-------------------

Thanks for the comments, Val! You put on a great Power Con once again.
    I'm also glad to hear your comments on the exclusives. I honestly was worried about posting my comments on them because I didn't want to stoke the fires of negativity that could hurt their sales and thus hurt you and Power Con financially, and didn't want yet more ire directed towards Super7. I imagine this was a case of needing to meet a deadline on getting these to the con, and no time to do a thorough inspection. I agree that hopefully these can take the brunt of the issues and are corrected by the time the Classics and Filmation waves hit our shelves, or at most, by the time the next waves are produced. Despite their flaws, I'm still happy to have them!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Most wanted: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) Masks of Power Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha, 21) Stridor, 22) Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 23) ABC Giants

Well, MY disappointments are that the vast majority of this thread is people complaining about the figures (exclusives, and shown in the case), and not enough raving about what an amazing experience the con was! Saw all the figs in person in the case... they all look GREAT to me! I do see the wider hips people are pointing out, but it is so slight that I did not even notice it in person. And, colors on all are fantastic. And, Teela's face and entire figure looks WORLDS better than the PD Teela! As for the exclusives, we got 2 sets of each, and they are wonderful. Yes, the plastic is a bit different, which mainly just yields the tight heads issue and the Plasmar's blasts not securing, but it does NOT look or feel cheap or like a bootleg... just a bit different. My kids and I played with them all this evening, and no issues. (One of our Plasmar's abs is actually on backwards, but even that still looks fine... at least enough to be the kids' one!) And, though surprising at first, we actually LIKE the rubbery plastic used on Stratos's wings and Terroar's tail. I think you should all take a step back and relax, honestly. As Val has said, issues can only be improved with feedback and time to adjust, but I don't see anything painfully alarming at all at this point. And guys... we're still getting new toys! And we got lost vintage wave toys!

As for the con itself... I want Val and everyone to know, wholeheartedly, that this was one of the best weekends of my life, enjoying all the con had to offer with my daughter Teela! I've been to every Power Con, and I think this may have been the best! (Maybe it's because, as someone else mentioned earlier in the thread but I hadn't considered, this one was more focused on a look-back and celebration of the past, as opposed to being too concerned with new stuff and the future... I think that added to it's charm, as I feel that's actually what we're all here/there for, at the heart, is our love for the properly and all it does (and HAS) meant to us. The Wadsworths were, again, amazing, and SO good to my little girl... THANK YOU Jack, Leslie, and Olivia, if you're reading this by any chance! Seeing the Power Tour for the first time ever with Teela was a once-in-a-lifetime dream come true... she made it, staying up until 2:00am, with energy and excitement to spare!!! The Tour itself was actually quite impressive... and just the right amount of "goofy" for the property! Kylie wants a "Zebright" made in classics!! Gus Park was awesome to talk to, and again, great to Teela. Chris Weber, Karen Wilson, Gerald Forton, and Connie Shurr were all fantastic to talk with as well, and gave some amazing (!!!) one-of-a-kind surprises to Teela as well! Crazy! THANK YOU, so much, Gerald and Karen, if you happen to read this! A very special THANK YOU to ALL of the fans in attendance who made Teela feel so included as part of the "family"... You were all SO cool to her and allowed her experience to be one that will last a lifetime... I am so eternally grateful! I cannot even put it into words... special thanks to Dean, Jason, Scott, Katy, Chuck, Karla, Danielle, John, Sherwin, Ken, Mike, Johnny, Daniel... and probably a few others I'm neglecting right now as well... sorry, but you know who you are... THANK YOU! (Daniel... thanks also for allowing Teela to film her Power-Con speech/review with you!)

Val... the Sunday night surprise was well deserved... I hope you truly take it to heart, and know how much it all means to us... I know that for MANY, beyond the org, Power-Con is an absolute treasure of an experience to share with fellow fans year after year! THANK YOU. (Don't let the negativity get ya down!) Also, thanks for ALL the cakes Saturday night! Yay! Party! Happy Birthday Brian!!
    Thanks also to everyone who complimented Teela on her Mara costume, and told her how impressed they were. For any who did not know, she chose who she wanted to be, and made the entire thing herself, with her own sewing machine, putting it all together and making the design choices, etc. (I only helped out in constructing and affixing the hair/braid/spiky ball piece.) And, I conjured up my Master Sebrian costume in secret as a compliment to her costume... she did not know about it until just before the costume contest, and was SO excited that I'd made it and was joining her! Yay! (And, thanks to all who appreciated our representing New Adventures!! LOL! First time at Power Con???)

Anyway, there's mountains more I could say, but this has run on long enough as is.

Just... THANKS again to ALL who make the show happen, and extra thanks for making it such an awesome experience for me and my daughter. Love you guys!
    Last edited by kevin; September 13, 2017 at 10:49pm.

S7 may not be deliberately producing bad quality toys, but they act as if they really don't much care what their factories do. They take a rather passive role, when they should be giving explicit instructions from day one and supervising the process much better than they have. The Ultimates had issues, but their second releases having worse problems IS unacceptable, the company needs to monitor this stuff instead of going "whoopsy, the factory goofed, our next stuff might be better though so preorder and find out!" when it does happen. The rate of issues with these toys so far is generally higher than a lot of lines.

Otherwise, how many more waves of bad toys will it be before they end the brand from a drop in sales or consumer confidence? There's no real excuse for this beyond them putting in minimal passive effort. They NEED to be active or they're going to end up upsetting too many customers in the long run if they keep up as they're doing now.

Maybe someone needs to send Gordon Ramsay in there to chew them out and motivate them, huh?

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    Well, MY disappointments are that the vast majority of this thread is people complaining about the figures (exclusives, and shown in the case), and not enough raving about what an amazing experience the con was! Saw all the figs in person in the case... they all look GREAT to me! I do see the wider hips people are pointing out, but it is so slight that I did not even notice it in person. And, colors on all are fantastic. And, Teela's face and entire figure looks WORLDS better than the PD Teela! As for the exclusives, we got 2 sets of each, and they are wonderful. Yes, the plastic is a bit different, which mainly just yields the tight heads issue and the Plasmar's blasts not securing, but it does NOT look or feel cheap or like a bootleg... just a bit different. My kids and I played with them all this evening, and no issues. (One of our Plasmar's abs is actually on backwards, but even that still looks fine... at least enough to be the kids' one!) And, though surprising at first, we actually LIKE the rubbery plastic used on Stratos's wings and Terroar's tail. I think you should all take a step back and relax, honestly. As Val has said, issues can only be improved with feedback and time to adjust, but I don't see anything painfully alarming at all at this point. And guys... we're still getting new toys! And we got lost vintage wave toys!

As for the con itself... I want Val and everyone to know, wholeheartedly, that this was one of the best weekends of my life, enjoying all the con had to offer with my daughter Teela! I've been to every Power Con, and I think this may have been the best! (Maybe it's because, as someone else mentioned earlier in the thread but I hadn't considered, this one was more focused on a look-back and celebration of the past, as opposed to being too concerned with new stuff and the future... I think that added to it's charm, as I feel that's actually what we're all here/there for, at the heart, is our love for the properly and all it does (and HAS) meant to us. The Wadsworths were, again, amazing, and SO good to my little girl... THANK YOU Jack, Leslie, and Olivia, if you're reading this by any chance! Seeing the Power Tour for the first time ever with Teela was a once-in-a-lifetime dream come true... she made it, staying up until 2:00am, with energy and excitement to spare!!! The Tour itself was actually quite impressive... and just the right amount of "goofy" for the property! Kylie wants a "Zebright" made in classics!! Gus Park was awesome to talk to, and again, great to Teela. Chris Weber, Karen Wilson, Gerald Forton, and Connie Shurr were all fantastic to talk with as well, and gave some amazing (!!!) one-of-a-kind surprises to Teela as well! Crazy! THANK YOU, so much, Gerald and Karen, if you happen to read this! A very special THANK YOU to ALL of the fans in attendance who made Teela feel so included as part of the "family"... You were all SO cool to her and allowed her experience to be one that will last a lifetime... I am so eternally grateful! I cannot even put it into words... special thanks to Dean, Jason, Scott, Katy, Chuck, Karla, Danielle, John, Sherwin, Ken, Mike, Johnny, Daniel... and probably a few others I'm neglecting right now as well... sorry, but you know who you are... THANK YOU! (Daniel... thanks also for allowing Teela to film her Power-Con speech/review with you!)

Val... the Sunday night surprise was well deserved... I hope you truly take it to heart, and know how much it all means to us... I know that for MANY, beyond the org, Power-Con is an absolute treasure of an experience to share with fellow fans year after year! THANK YOU. (Don't let the negativity get ya down!) Also, thanks for ALL the cakes Saturday night! Yay! Party! Happy Birthday Brian!!
    Thanks also to everyone who complimented Teela on her Mara costume, and told her how impressed they were. For any who did not know, she chose who she wanted to be, and made the entire thing herself, with her own sewing machine, putting it all together and making the design choices, etc. (I only helped out in constructing and affixing the hair/braid/spiky ball piece.) And, I conjured up my Master Sebrian costume in secret as a compliment to her costume... she did not know about it until just before the costume contest, and was SO excited that I'd made it and was joining her! Yay! (And, thanks to all who appreciated our representing New Adventures!! LOL! First time at Power Con???)

Anyway, there's mountains more I could say, but this has run on long enough as is.

Just... THANKS again to ALL who make the show happen, and extra thanks for making it such an awesome experience for me and my daughter. Love you guys!
    Hey Kevin, Teela's costume was indeed awesome; especially since she made it herself! You should be proud to be sharing the MOTU legacy with your children!

I hope there is more positivity to come in this thread! Power-Con was truly an amazing experience! I never expected to hang out and talk to 200x Skeletor til 2:30am, and on his birthday no less!

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar

-------------------

That's good to hear things will be improve for wave 1 and that only concerns the Power Con exclusives.
    Thanks for this input Val et hope Brian, Super7 and 4H will do their best to get us figures as perfect as 4H made them !
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$