Page 64 of 65 FirstFirst ... 145462636465 LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 1625

Thread: Power-Con returning in 2017 - September 9 & 10 in Los Angeles, CA

Can all the non-attendees talking about the quality of figures they haven't even seen, move their discussion to this thread?
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...cussion/page16

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    S7 may not be deliberately producing bad quality toys, but they act as if they really don't much care what their factories do.
    I have to agree with this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by man-at-work View Post
    In sum, the call for S7 is: just provide info and explanations, we're not just fans, we're customers.
    I agree very strongly with this. I would say a lot more, but you said it very well.
    Last edited by jscott991; September 14, 2017 at 09:46am.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

I love the cosplay of Queen Marlena and King Randor! Super fun. And that POP Catra is awesome too!

Power-Con was as awesome as always - my highlights were John Carroll's movie where I got to see myself on the screen The other documentary was also a nice treat, hope they find a distributor! I was totally blown away by what James and Dusan are doing with the Faker cartoon - it's amazing. The comic strip panel was one of my favorites, because I'm partial to the subject but also because it was so great to hear the creators for the first time. So many other great moments, I can't even think of them all...

I do have a bit of feedback for Super7 though - hope they are reading. And I want to preface this by saying that I am a huge fan. I absolutely LOVE the vinyls, I collect reaction MOTU and MUSCLE. All their stuff is crazy fun and I totally support their bold mission to do stuff their way and not worry about pleasing everyone.

Still, when you are at Power-Con you are at Power-Con, and we all know what the subject matter should be. Their panel would have been great in some other context, but at Power-Con it felt a little like they were missing the point. This morning I got an email from them saying "The next wave of Masters of the Universe Collectors Choice and Club Grayskull figures will be unveiled soon!" and I thought "Really?!" This should have happened at Power-Con. Are they revealing new figures? Are they just announcing preorder details? I don't know, but they should have done this at their panel. Instead we get the history of the company and the mission which we all know. It's printed on your bags. Can we talk about new MOTU?

There was a reason Mattel attended Power-Con - after their panel that's all everyone talked about. New figures, look at this, look at that, people would crowd at their booth for a glimpse of what's just announced and it created such a buzz. And if fans had an issue with something, it could be addressed right there. This was totally missing this year. To put it bluntly, if Super7 panel never happened, nothing would be different. And that's not good.

I know this is a bit harsh, but I am saying it with best intentions. I love your stuff, my purple Skeletor is so cute I want to eat it - but you kinda dropped the ball with the panel. Let's make it better at Power-Con 2018!

I hear you, Ivan! I think some of the backstory of Super7 could have been truncated so that there was more Q&A time. As it was, only a handful of questions got asked, and I am sure a lot of people in the audience wanted to ask them stuff, since this is really the first chance we've gotten to do so. Next year, they definitely need to devote more time to that.
    Most wanted: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) Masks of Power Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha, 21) Stridor, 22) Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 23) ABC Giants

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    Thanks also to everyone who complimented Teela on her Mara costume, and told her how impressed they were. For any who did not know, she chose who she wanted to be, and made the entire thing herself, with her own sewing machine, putting it all together and making the design choices, etc. (I only helped out in constructing and affixing the hair/braid/spiky ball piece.) And, I conjured up my Master Sebrian costume in secret as a compliment to her costume... she did not know about it until just before the costume contest, and was SO excited that I'd made it and was joining her! Yay! (And, thanks to all who appreciated our representing New Adventures!! LOL! First time at Power Con???)
    Her costume is so well-made, I was surprised to learn that she did it herself. It looks so professional, I was convinced an adult must have done it. She told me that she and Kylie have to take turns coming to Power-Con, but she wishes they did not, because she wishes she could come every year. I even got a hug, and was King of Power-Con!

Bought a set of these prints at Power-Con - anyone know who did them? Can't remember the table.

Was either Jonboy Meyers or Matt Tyree. Tony Washington did the colour.

20170914_205923.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by herbie747 View Post
    Bought a set of these prints at Power-Con - anyone know who did them? Can't remember the table.

Was either Jonboy Meyers or Matt Tyree. Tony Washington did the colour.

20170914_205923.jpg
    Matt Tyree. I got a set too!
    Most wanted: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) Masks of Power Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha, 21) Stridor, 22) Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 23) ABC Giants

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    Matt Tyree. I got a set too!
    Amazing - thanks!

So can anyone tell me how I can buy the Filmation Classics figures? Do I need to subscribe somewhere? Can't find any details. How many have been released so far?

Thanks.

Thanks also to everyone who complimented Teela on her Mara costume, and told her how impressed they were. For any who did not know, she chose who she wanted to be, and made the entire thing herself, with her own sewing machine, putting it all together and making the design choices, etc. (I only helped out in constructing and affixing the hair/braid/spiky ball piece.) And, I conjured up my Master Sebrian costume in secret as a compliment to her costume... she did not know about it until just before the costume contest, and was SO excited that I'd made it and was joining her! Yay! (And, thanks to all who appreciated our representing New Adventures!! LOL! First time at Power Con???)
    It was a great costume. I'm still surprised she didn't at least get an honorable mention. I'd guess the judges weren't too familiar with the New Adventures character.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    Her costume is so well-made, I was surprised to learn that she did it herself. It looks so professional, I was convinced an adult must have done it. She told me that she and Kylie have to take turns coming to Power-Con, but she wishes they did not, because she wishes she could come every year. I even got a hug, and was King of Power-Con!
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    It was a great costume. I'm still surprised she didn't at least get an honorable mention. I'd guess the judges weren't too familiar with the New Adventures character.
    Thanks guys! The good news is, Teela thoroughly enjoyed showing off the costume she made, and having all of you who did say nice things about it do so, so she did "win" in that regard! And, she loved that I'd snuck my costume to share the experience with her, so that made me very happy as well.

You were the King, Brian! Yeah, that was cool when she gave ya the hug! And, I didn't hear her tell you that, but I'm certainly not surprised! That was the plan to alternate years, but after the time she had this year, I'm gonna be hard pressed to tell her she CAN'T return next year! I guess time will tell!

To everyone who went... CONTRIBUTE TO THIS THREAD! I want to see more of this positivity about the Con (which is what this thread is for) and less complaining!

This was my favorite Power Con yet! Very excited for next year!
    Thundercats Hooooooooooo!

So can anyone tell me how I can buy the Filmation Classics figures? Do I need to subscribe somewhere? Can't find any details. How many have been released so far?

Thanks.
    Super7 offered them, as a set, for preorder on their website. But the order window has long since been closed...

Try going to BigBadToyStore.com (BBTS) and checking their preorders... the figures cost a bit more, but you can at least buy them individually - instead of being forced into buying a set.
    Where are the rest of my New Adventures Classics figures?!?!?

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

I'm looking forward to PowerCon 2018 and I have a hope that Melendy Britt will be there. Here's to hoping.
    I have finally returned from Despondos.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...psa697c4d9.png

Thanks guys! The good news is, Teela thoroughly enjoyed showing off the costume she made, and having all of you who did say nice things about it do so, so she did "win" in that regard! And, she loved that I'd snuck my costume to share the experience with her, so that made me very happy as well.

You were the King, Brian! Yeah, that was cool when she gave ya the hug! And, I didn't hear her tell you that, but I'm certainly not surprised! That was the plan to alternate years, but after the time she had this year, I'm gonna be hard pressed to tell her she CAN'T return next year! I guess time will tell!

To everyone who went... CONTRIBUTE TO THIS THREAD! I want to see more of this positivity about the Con (which is what this thread is for) and less complaining!
    It was nice to meet you and Teela (I was in front of you guys in the early pick up line Friday night). I have to say, Teela's costume was fantastic! It was great to see you and her represent New Adventures characters. I cringed when Gabe mispronounced Master Sebrian's name, but understand he probably is not familiar with the character.

--------

Another anecdote about the convention regarding the Power Tour. Before watching it at the con, I was convinced that I had gone to the Power Tour when I was a kid. However, I quickly realized that I had mistaken it for something else. I believe there was some kind of "Mall Tour" for MOTU that had some costumed characters (I remember getting a picture with Hordak), and there was an elaborate display of the figures, and I believe some little show that accompanied showing off this display. All these years I thought that was the Power Con, and didn't realize that it was actually a stage production akin to Sesame Street Live. Knowing that makes me really sad that I missed it as a kid. It really would have been something amazing to have seen. At least I got to see a grainly, not-well-focussed version 30 years later . Kevin, you said you and Teela saw the late night showing; did they show the better copy that Gus mentioned in the earlier panel? Was it a lot better quality?

it was great seeing old friends and meeting new ones.

pc.jpg
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Another anecdote about the convention regarding the Power Tour. Before watching it at the con, I was convinced that I had gone to the Power Tour when I was a kid. However, I quickly realized that I had mistaken it for something else. I believe there was some kind of "Mall Tour" for MOTU that had some costumed characters (I remember getting a picture with Hordak), and there was an elaborate display of the figures, and I believe some little show that accompanied showing off this display. All these years I thought that was the Power Con, and didn't realize that it was actually a stage production akin to Sesame Street Live.
    This one?

He-Man & She-Ra fan and contributor to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Yes, that's the one!

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    Can all the non-attendees talking about the quality of figures they haven't even seen, move their discussion to this thread?
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...cussion/page16
    As herbie747 has stated above, please take the Power-Con exclusive discussion to this thread. Thanks!
    PS4 contact: Petruk1976
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=181087

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mikethedrummer View Post
    As herbie747 has stated above, please take the Power-Con exclusive discussion to this thread. Thanks!
    My understanding is that such a thread was suggested for non-attendees to discuss about Power-Con exclusives, either QC issues or any other comments. But the issues or concerns should have a general thread to include not only the exclusives and not only the non-attendees concerns. Otherwise, this current thread I'm posting on seems to be the most appropriate thread to do that. For example, some issues/concerns about the plastic and paint apps for Teela were raised, so where should these issues be discussed?

I just about died when I saw the pictures online! SO awesome to see that. It's fantastic that you get to share one of your favorite things with your daughter ... who I'm sure has the coolest name in her class!!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2017!!!

Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian Gleep Spyster Admiral Scurvey Squall Starburst She-Ra ScratchinSound Catra Grot Caz Drissi Crystal Moonbeam/Sun Dancer Meliac NA Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Kowla Red Eye Brightmoon Palace Guards

Quote Originally Posted by mikethedrummer View Post
    I met you in the lift on Friday evening - you had a big smile and a big stack of boxes!

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Well, MY disappointments are that the vast majority of this thread is people complaining about the figures (exclusives, and shown in the case), and not enough raving about what an amazing experience the con was! Saw all the figs in person in the case... they all look GREAT to me! I do see the wider hips people are pointing out, but it is so slight that I did not even notice it in person. And, colors on all are fantastic. And, Teela's face and entire figure looks WORLDS better than the PD Teela! As for the exclusives, we got 2 sets of each, and they are wonderful. Yes, the plastic is a bit different, which mainly just yields the tight heads issue and the Plasmar's blasts not securing, but it does NOT look or feel cheap or like a bootleg... just a bit different. My kids and I played with them all this evening, and no issues. (One of our Plasmar's abs is actually on backwards, but even that still looks fine... at least enough to be the kids' one!) And, though surprising at first, we actually LIKE the rubbery plastic used on Stratos's wings and Terroar's tail. I think you should all take a step back and relax, honestly. As Val has said, issues can only be improved with feedback and time to adjust, but I don't see anything painfully alarming at all at this point. And guys... we're still getting new toys! And we got lost vintage wave toys!

As for the con itself... I want Val and everyone to know, wholeheartedly, that this was one of the best weekends of my life, enjoying all the con had to offer with my daughter Teela! I've been to every Power Con, and I think this may have been the best! (Maybe it's because, as someone else mentioned earlier in the thread but I hadn't considered, this one was more focused on a look-back and celebration of the past, as opposed to being too concerned with new stuff and the future... I think that added to it's charm, as I feel that's actually what we're all here/there for, at the heart, is our love for the properly and all it does (and HAS) meant to us. The Wadsworths were, again, amazing, and SO good to my little girl... THANK YOU Jack, Leslie, and Olivia, if you're reading this by any chance! Seeing the Power Tour for the first time ever with Teela was a once-in-a-lifetime dream come true... she made it, staying up until 2:00am, with energy and excitement to spare!!! The Tour itself was actually quite impressive... and just the right amount of "goofy" for the property! Kylie wants a "Zebright" made in classics!! Gus Park was awesome to talk to, and again, great to Teela. Chris Weber, Karen Wilson, Gerald Forton, and Connie Shurr were all fantastic to talk with as well, and gave some amazing (!!!) one-of-a-kind surprises to Teela as well! Crazy! THANK YOU, so much, Gerald and Karen, if you happen to read this! A very special THANK YOU to ALL of the fans in attendance who made Teela feel so included as part of the "family"... You were all SO cool to her and allowed her experience to be one that will last a lifetime... I am so eternally grateful! I cannot even put it into words... special thanks to Dean, Jason, Scott, Katy, Chuck, Karla, Danielle, John, Sherwin, Ken, Mike, Johnny, Daniel... and probably a few others I'm neglecting right now as well... sorry, but you know who you are... THANK YOU! (Daniel... thanks also for allowing Teela to film her Power-Con speech/review with you!)

Val... the Sunday night surprise was well deserved... I hope you truly take it to heart, and know how much it all means to us... I know that for MANY, beyond the org, Power-Con is an absolute treasure of an experience to share with fellow fans year after year! THANK YOU. (Don't let the negativity get ya down!) Also, thanks for ALL the cakes Saturday night! Yay! Party! Happy Birthday Brian!!

Anyway, there's mountains more I could say, but this has run on long enough as is.

Just... THANKS again to ALL who make the show happen, and extra thanks for making it such an awesome experience for me and my daughter. Love you guys!
    Kevin! It was SO great seeing you and Teela again. Both of your costumes were amazing! In fact, at first, I didn't even recognize either of you in them because they were that darn good!
    I can't tell you how delighted I was to see Teela cheering at the Power Tour just like the kids in 1987 did. Guys, she STOOD UP for the Eternian National Anthem. It was AWESOME.
    When it ended, it was 2 AM and she was still buzzing with excitement and enthusiasm, as was her proud papa. THANK YOU for being awesome, Kevin! xoxo

- - - Updated - - -

did they show the better copy that Gus mentioned in the earlier panel? Was it a lot better quality?
    The first half of the nighttime screening (before the intermission) was a MUCH better copy. You could see more of the actors and sets, as well as the segments on the video screens. Also, some shots of the audience were included. For the second half, Gus accidentally brought the same footage we saw during the commentary, so that was the same.

I hope to write up a review/synopsis of the show for those who missed it. Hopefully, my memory and notes will be enough to convey a semi-complete picture.

A few Power Tour highlights for me:

The first half contained quite a bit of Eternian history and lore, which was really cool. A good chunk of that is on youtube from awhile back (thanks to Gus), but there's some more to it than what's shown online.

There was a Vaudeville-style duet with Orko and Songster. I loved it so much. Songster even danced with a cane.

Not only were the live-action actors in the show fantastic, but it was also amazing hearing lots of "new" dialogue spoken by John Erwin, Melendy Britt, and Alan Oppenheimer!

Some previously unknown creatures and a new character we never knew about showed up too. Zebrites, Captain Morrison, and others will have to be added to a future edition of the Character Guide if it's ever reprinted. I wish Gus had some video of the Stellerphant from the show. The behemoth "creature" was ditched pretty early on and isn't in the footage that was shown, though it was briefly described in the press kit and has an entry in the Guide (minus picture, which we didn't have).

I wanted a Songster figure in Classics before, but seeing this show increased my interest in such a figure tenfold.
    Last edited by Penny Dreadful; September 15, 2017 at 04:33pm.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    The first half of the nighttime screening (before the intermission) was a MUCH better copy. You could see more of the actors and sets, as well as the segments on the video screens. Also, some shots of the audience were included. For the second half, Gus accidentally brought the same footage we saw during the commentary, so that was the same.

I hope to write up a review/synopsis of the show for those who missed it. Hopefully, my memory and notes will be enough to convey a semi-complete picture.

A few Power Tour highlights for me:

The first half contained quite a bit of Eternian history and lore, which was really cool.

There was a Vaudeville-style duet with Orko and Songster. I loved it so much.

Not only were the actors in the show great, but it was also amazing hearing lots of "new" dialogue spoken by John Erwin, Melendy Britt, and Alan Oppenheimer! :O It was like I was hearing a long-lost "movie" featuring the Filmation voice actors.

Some previously unknown creatures and a new character we never knew about showed up too. Zebrites, Captain Morrison, and others will have to be added to a future edition of the Character Guide if it's ever reprinted. I wish Gus had some video of the Stellerphant from the show. The behemoth "creature" was ditched pretty early on and isn't in the footage that was shown.
    Darn, I wish I had stayed to watch it, but I put my other half through a long MOTU-filled day as it was and he was not feeling too great, so I had to compromise on watching the Power Tour a second time without commentary.