Thread: The Batman movie talkback

The Batman movie talkback

It looks like Ben Affleck's solo film will be titled "The Batman" with Deathstroke as the villain.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/affleck-...an-title-more/

That sounds great. Affleck will soon star and direct the next Batman movie.
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

Heroic Warrior
    And how about Mad Hatter as second villain?
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

looking forward to it.. he's a good director and actor.
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    I'd rather they really flesh out one villain instead of cramming in additional (underdeveloped) ones.

ok, Affleck is out of directing the batman as you know.. not looking good here. do you think he will just quit the character all together?

well WW is out in june then JL in NOV.. if these both movies suk.. give it up DC

all is crap now with DC. losing / replacing directors.. but Zack Snyder is STILL there

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    ok, Affleck is out of directing the batman as you know.. not looking good here. do you think he will just quit the character all together? :
    I do.

I don't really see Affleck as the type of actor who will let himself get tied down to one character for very long. We had BvS, We have Justice League (probably filmed together...) and the Batman Solo. OH and Suicide Squad... I REALLY don't see him sticking around any longer than that. Once these actors start doing the producing, Directing, Acting trifecta and do it well enough to win Oscars for it??? I was personally shocked he ever took the role in the first place. I don't see another RDJ/Tony Stark situation happening here with him.

I think that everything resides in the divided reception of BvS and the lack of succes on Affleck's last directed film ("Live by Night"). Probably felt overwhelmed between BvS, SS & JL, his own films and the recurrence of wearing the cowl beyond 3 films and on top of that, The Batman script and pre-production.

If BvS would have been a smash box office hit with over 1B worldwide, the DC Entertainment ship well driven, he would have stayed longer.

On the other hand, I'm quite happy to hear that Matt Reeves shall helm The Batman. Although, I'm starting to think that it would be some sort of clean slate or prequel of the Bat that we have seen in BvS. It could be a good movie if they show some sort of rise and fall of the overall Bat-Family. However, when we remember that poor Leto Joker characterization I came to realize is not feasible.

Now, Mel Gibson as SS2 movie director is intriguing. DC has had quite convulted situations with chosen directors that have left productions due to "creative differences". As controversial as he is, there are just a few directors whose films are considered personally creative driven as Mel Gibson's ones. I don't see him helming a desired to be movie blockbuster as SS2. If he receives the key to the DC kingdom to do whatever he wants, it could be interesting to say the least. Even when he did not direct it, I'm imagining a mash up with "Get the Gringo" with Deadshot on a extraction mission on Peņa Dura facing Bane and overall Venom experiments.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    All I can see is the DCEU is a mess. No real plan and no singular vision. Well, there was one: Zach Snyder's. But that didn't take off as well as WB had hoped.
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; February 17, 2017 at 12:59pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    All I can see is the DCEU is a mess. No real plan and no singular vision. Well, there was one: Zach Snyder's. But that did take off as well as WB had hoped.
    Probably not the best idea to hire a guy who hates the very things that make superheroes work...

I wonder if Hugh Jackman would take on Batman, now that he says he's done with Wolverine and Affleck is rumored to want out. I mean they want an older Bats anyway, and they don't have to avoid him looking progressively older as Bruce.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I wonder if Hugh Jackman would take on Batman, now that he says he's done with Wolverine and Affleck is rumored to want out. I mean they want an older Bats anyway, and they don't have to avoid him looking progressively older as Bruce.
    i can't see jackman as bruce / batman. maybe batman, but not bruce wayne at all

It sounds like they wanted Matt Reeves to direct, but negotiations broke down.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Not that I think he would be a terrible Batman, but I don't think that this will ever happen. Hugh Jackman has solidified himself in the pop-culture world of comic-based movies as Wolverine. It would be really hard for both casual and hardcore moviegoers to look past his rich history with the character...
    Where are the rest of my New Adventures Classics figures?!?!?

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    I like Mad Hatter, but there are more interesting villains they should do first. Deathstroke is a great choice and more than enough for the next Batman movie, but I really hope we get to see Clayface in a future film. There is so much they could do with his disguises and shapechanging, and it'd be nice to see Batman having to deal with a truly super-powered baddie for a change.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Probably not the best idea to hire a guy who hates the very things that make superheroes work...
    Also not the greatest idea to hire someone mainly known for visuals and not so much for his storytelling strength...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

so Matt Reeves is the new Batman Director. now the rumor mill is that Ben might drop out of the role after justice league. Well, we can all BLAME Zack Snyder for all this mess. i HOPE once and for all he's replaced after justice league pt 1.

i'm also looking forward (if it happens) that we get a new director for MOS pt 2.