Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SUPER7 Has Sent Snake Mountain to Factory for Pricing

Heroic Warrior

SUPER7 Has Sent Snake Mountain to Factory for Pricing

Updated May 2, 2018:

Pixel Dan's back with another video! This time he takes a look at the current state of MOTUC Snake Mountain from Super7 and what the future may be for this item. Check it out!

------------------------
    See the info on Alternative Mindz!

So this morning I read that Super7 has sent off Snake Mountain for pricing from the factory. No promises, but a first step.

So, does this in fact mean Mattel NEVER sent it to be priced? All of that talk about being worked on and such seems then to be mostly false.

Regardless, at least the possibility is being explored. I truly think with Super7, if we are willing to buy things they'll make them. Our voice will be heard louder than ever, which is exciting.

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEA!!!!
    GIMME TOYS!-

Could be Super 7 would use different factory than Mattel.

Hey Super 7, Snake Mountain rocks! Let's Kickstart it!

Let's cross our fingers and hope that the price they come back with makes it manageable for Super7 to offer this for presale. I'm sure they would have to employ some type of Kickstarter or paid deposit plan in order to finance something this big and minimize their risk.

Quote Originally Posted by snake_mole_hill View Post
    So, does this in fact mean Mattel NEVER sent it to be priced? All of that talk about being worked on and such seems then to be mostly false.
    Do you really still wonder about such things? They behaved like that since Scott left - I think Mattel's behaviour since then is one of the reasons why sales were sinking. They simply p...ed off many customers (who would have otherwise been willing to spend money).

I must confess a little piece of me was reliefed when I thought Snake Mountain was off the table. Besides the fact that it might be pretty expensive...where do I put it? It's huge. I barely have the space to display Grayskull in a good way (my working/computer room is already full of toys...aaah I mean collectibles...and if you have such things, you want to display them, not just store them).
    Anyway, if they release it, I will buy it (except the price is too high to afford).
    Please visit my blog at https://robin0377.blogspot.de
    I (besides other stuff) will talk about (and show pictures of) some of my custom figures from time to time there

good news, I wonder what the price range would be.
    Skeletor, if there's a good bone in you, send help!
    There isn't! Never has been, never will be.

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    The way Brian hinted the possibility of making it while being interviewed
    by Dan, it clearly meant that they were going to try to keep the monster sized playset it
    actually is right now... can't wait to learn more about it.
    Will they be able to face such a challenge??
    NEW EP "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Flee The Moon" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT8qrmaFmq0

Heroic Warrior
    This is very exciting news. Here's hoping!

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    Let's cross our fingers and hope that the price they come back with makes it manageable for Super7 to offer this for presale. I'm sure they would have to employ some type of Kickstarter or paid deposit plan in order to finance something this big and minimize their risk.
    Everytime i see kickstarter now i think of the family guy joke, "i was gonna do a kickstarter, but got a loan like an adult."

I really want a Snake Mountain to happen. At this point in the line I want as many dioramas and playsets that we can get. Even something like the Ghostbusters build a set.

Heroic Warrior
    Siiiiiiiiiiiiiick
    Positive Transactions:

As buyer: boggs32, PaTrIcKfOgArTy, Dorko2, Shecky, Shenlon (2),
    Son of Keldor

As seller: mikethedrummer, slgcmg, kngfu
    DJjoker182, bobtheodd, mahuti, FAKER II, General Hawk 7

EBay: StLouisStallions

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOneSkeletor View Post
    The way Brian hinted the possibility of making it while being interviewed
    by Dan, it clearly meant that they were going to try to keep the monster sized playset it
    actually is right now... can't wait to learn more about it.
    Will they be able to face such a challenge??
    Will my wallet???
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by snake_mole_hill View Post

Its likely they use a different factory than Mattel did. But even if they didn't, I doubt a 2015 pricing estimate would still be valid.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Its likely they use a different factory than Mattel did. But even if they didn't, I doubt a 2015 pricing estimate would still be valid.
    Yes pricing would change. But if it had been sent to a factory, that factory should be able to give an estimate based on the original data they collected. And even if it's a different factory, wouldn't they start with the same one? Especially after Bryan said they wanted to try and use the same ones.

Who knows for sure. It just seems to me Mattel shelved this a long time ago.

Evil Sorcerer & Commander Zargon's Avatar
    Good news. Hope it's affordable for both Super 7 & me...
    Top MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither, Tuvar & Baddrah 2-pack, "new" characters as designed by Axor (Axel)

Great News! I am hoping that it's something that can happen. I would love if it was around $300 shipped.

I want this 100x more than I did Castle Grayskull. Please let this happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    Same here. I NEED Snake Mountain!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    I am more in the Grayskull camp if I were forced against my will to choose one or the other, but Snake Mountain definitely needed an update more than Grayskull. And this thing is just off the charts amazeballs.

I think a $300 price tag is out of the question though. I think we're looking more like $500-$600 honestly. But who knows? We have know idea how much mark up Mattel was putting in or what margins Mattel required Vs. what Super7 will have t hit.

But the fact that it's a possibility is very encouraging. I sure hope it gets made!

This gives me hope we might see a Cats Lair at some point. Better start saving now, just in case.

The one BIG difference that I see with Super 7 vs. Mattel is how this stuff will be for sale. As mentioned, the kickstarter route for something like this is almost 100% certain, but in addition, being so small I can't see them operating like Mattel either. They can't just pump out endless product in "hopes" that it just happens to sell. Businesses go under from things like that. For a company like this it's better to make less then more.

EXPECT sell outs, pre-orders, subs., down payments those sorts of things as there's just no way that they will have the money to work with like Mattel or be able to just house hundreds/thousands of extra pieces of each item in inventory like Mattel, THEN to only discount it at a loss later down the road.

If this gets made, don't expect to see a Castle Grayskull situation here. They aren't going sit on a ton of them only to sell it for half of the going price later on with free shipping.

In turn, higher prices for smaller runs are inevitable. Totally fine/cool with that though. Fans need to remember that they are a business and a SMALL one at that. We're so lucky to even be in this position to where these things are still coming. Don't think of just yourselves and what you could get for what, but what works for everyone.

It starts from the top and what works for that entity and their model. After-all, if it doesn't make dollars, it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfHeMan View Post
    Could be Super 7 would use different factory than Mattel.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    But they are using the same factory as Mattel for the figures to maintain consistency. Why would they use a different factory for SM?

I'm really excited to hear this. Bryan saidhe'd look into it but I assumed that the massive play set wouldn't be even seriously looked at until after the first year of figures was wrapped up. It's encouraging to see them having the factory take a look at it this soon. Very cool.

I'm willing to pay a lot for this set as the initial sculpt looked amazing and I have no doubt that the set will be worth it but I fear that an inevitable high price tag might discourage too many others.
    Last edited by MJOLNIR; October 7, 2016 at 02:31pm.

My excitement level over anything plastic in relation to MOTU has shot through the roof. Here's hoping for the be(a)st.

Quote Originally Posted by MJOLNIR View Post
    But they are using the same factory as Mattel for the figures to maintain consistency. Why would they use a different factory for SM?

I'm really excited to hear this. Bryan saidhe'd look into it but I assumed that the massive play set wouldn't be even seriously looked at until after the first year of figures was wrapped up. It's encouraging to see them having the factory take a look at it this soon. Very cool.

I'm willing to pay a lot for this set as the initial sculpt looked amazing and I have no doubt that the set will be worth it but I fear that an inevitable high price tag might discourage too many others.
    This is where you will find out who was serious and who was just being loud. I remember so many saying leave it as is don't shrink it I'll pay any amount. The kickstarter will gauge just how much fan interest there is in funding Snake Mountain.
    Last edited by mjw41; October 7, 2016 at 04:02pm.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Kittrina, Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    This is where you will find out who was serious and who was just being loud. I remember so many saying leave it as is don't shrink it I'll pay any amount. The kickstarter will ggauge just how much fan interest there is in funding Snake Mountain.
    Aye. I remember how many folks were turned off from Grayskull and I'm nervous. I think Gray skull is a fantastic play set and was well worth the price. My nephews use theirs as the designated "good guy house" for every toy line that they have! Now they need a "Bad guy house."
    Last edited by MJOLNIR; October 7, 2016 at 02:57pm.