Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: SUPER7 Has Sent Snake Mountain to Factory for Pricing

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Fist View Post
    I really hope they can find a way to get it made. We already got screwed out of one in the 2002 line, a Classics Snake Mountain needs to happen!
    Wait, I don't remember this. Remind me, when was it said in 2004 Mattel was looking at a 200x Snake Mountain playset? And why was the project abandoned? I got a number of 200x slime pits doubling as Skeletor's throne, but sadly don't recall live plans for Snake Mountain.

would love to see any designs they made!

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    I keep reading I'll buy two or I would buy three etc. Now just so everyone knows I'm not picking on anyone at all, but has anyone still looking for snake mountain thought about price? Super7 is a small company so this thing even at the scaled down version would run us the customer a good $600.00 for this playset.

I know as much as I would love to own it I just can't afford $600.00 for a toy at this time. People are complaining about the cost of four figure sets between CC & CG and that's so much cheaper than what Snake Mountain is going to cost.

Super7 would probably have to do a preorder for it and might even offer an instalment plan like they have for the figures because Super7 is good like that but if thy don't reach the numbers they need they won't go forward with it.

I think this is why Super7 is just set on making figures at this point.
    I do believe the demand is out there! My history of 2 or 3 of every single MOTUC release (except NA Tuskador) is my evidence of genuine intent. Irrespective of the price. I would drop $1000 each if I had to.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

The production costs would be massive, even Mattel the largest toy company on earth no doubt managed to fill their underwear with something besides Barbie dollars when they got the price estimate. Something this big would be a very daunting thing for a small niche company like S7 to do. I was always disappointed as a kid that my SM playset looked nothing like it did on screen, it really needs to happen.

A year long payment plan or such would be one way to get it into production provided we had plenty of notice. This would sort out actual customers from the makers of noise and perhaps make it a more affordable way to split the cost for people with a much tighter budget.
    Super 7 please kickstart Snake Mountain

I'm extremely skeptical that this will ever happen. It's obviously not a priority for Super7, and rightfully so. I don't want any of their limited resources to be diverted toward what amounts to a pipe dream. It's unrealistic - I seriously doubt there are enough people left in this small, niche collector line willing or able to throw down serious coin for something on this scale that would make it profitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Wait, I don't remember this. Remind me, when was it said in 2004 Mattel was looking at a 200x Snake Mountain playset? And why was the project abandoned? I got a number of 200x slime pits doubling as Skeletor's throne, but sadly don't recall live plans for Snake Mountain.
    Oh, I didn't mean to imply that plans were shown and scrapped or anything. I just meant that, due to the line's premature demise at US retail because of Mattel's bungling, it didn't last long enough for a 2002 version of Snake Mountain to be produced.

I take it an actual production SM has a lot of scepticism on if it will be made then?
    Though I am capable of making my own with sculpting and vacuum forming it though I'd rather not as it's an awkward process at a very large scale.
    Super 7 please kickstart Snake Mountain

Heroic Warrior
    I didn't even know about the classics line till very late in the game I signed up for first wave of filmation characters and even thundercats but it was the possibility of that Snake Mountain that got me so excited and made me start collecting everything that I missed out on Snake Mountain would be a once in a lifetime toy without it classics will never be complete. I'm all in on Snake Mountain I may missed out on a lot but Snake Mountain will not be one of them. ( whatever it takes make it happen Super 7)

Snake Mountain is certainly missing from my collection too. That display at SDCC had me all giddy. Hopefully S7 can manage it somehow - even if it is a matter of waiting a year for it (like we already are!) Heck, I'll go 2 years if it must. And a yearlong payment plan does sound very good to me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastiaan View Post
    Snake Mountain is certainly missing from my collection too. That display at SDCC had me all giddy. Hopefully S7 can manage it somehow - even if it is a matter of waiting a year for it (like we already are!) Heck, I'll go 2 years if it must. And a yearlong payment plan does sound very good to me too.
    Yes I agree but Super7 has to make it a Non Refundable payment plan, or a non refundable deposit. When Mattel offered Castle Grayskull too many fans placed false preorders just to make sure the numbers were met for Grayskull to get greenlit and go into production then they cancelled their orders sticking mattel with a bunch of left over castles they they finally ended up discounting to sell them off at a later date.

Super7 can't afford to eat the cost of production so if I were them I would state If you preorder this item know it's being made to order and your payment plan payments will be automatic and non refundable due to the size and production cost for this large item.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Kittrina, Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor.

Hardcore MOTUC Collector KelvAcos's Avatar
    if I were them I would state If you preorder this item know it's being made to order and your payment plan payments will be automatic and non refundable due to the size and production cost for this large item.

I totally agree with you!!!
    My MOTUC collection here ====> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3mddgXWJ7M

Quote Originally Posted by KelvAcos View Post
    I totally agree with you!!!
    Good now buy me one

jk

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Kittrina, Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor.

Heroic master of drums DrumMaster's Avatar
    Totally agree with ones who think that a collection will never be completed without Snake Mountain !!!!!

For now, I'd like to see Super 7 get a few waves of Classics perfected and under their belt before attempting Snake Mountain.

Heroic Warrior
    I agree with nearly all the comments here. I want the playset over a dozen CC figures, but I'm quite happy with S7 working their way up to it and ironing out the kinks in their processes along the way.

I collect statues as well so the price won't phase me for something that I have such sentimental attachment towards

Yes I agree but Super7 has to make it a Non Refundable payment plan, or a non refundable deposit. When Mattel offered Castle Grayskull too many fans placed false preorders just to make sure the numbers were met for Grayskull to get greenlit and go into production then they cancelled their orders sticking mattel with a bunch of left over castles they they finally ended up discounting to sell them off at a later date.

Super7 can't afford to eat the cost of production so if I were them I would state If you preorder this item know it's being made to order and your payment plan payments will be automatic and non refundable due to the size and production cost for this large item.
    Mattel was to blame for part of this debacle. The price of the castle was raised (twice) to ensure no cuts in size or accessories would happen, and those cuts happened anyway. The size/dimensions shown on the B-sheet were not what was delivered, which is why Mattel allowed fans to back out of their initial pre-orders.

Quote Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
    Mattel was to blame for part of this debacle. The price of the castle was raised (twice) to ensure no cuts in size or accessories would happen, and those cuts happened anyway. The size/dimensions shown on the B-sheet were not what was delivered, which is why Mattel allowed fans to back out of their initial pre-orders.
    I’m not taking about what Mattel allowed fans to do, I stated there were false preorders made just to get the castle green lit to go into production Mattel even commented on this. So what I’m saying is Super7 needs to let customers know no refund on deposit or payment plan payments as this will be a made to order item and Super7 can’t afford false preorders.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm excited to hear Super7 is looking into this. Mattel's prototype was so awesome, I was and am all in if I could ever get it. Space be damned. Super7 needs to get bigger and better and taking on fan-demanded projects as grand as this will help to ingrain them in toy history. They also need to bring Thundercats back with a vengeance.

While I would love little more (as far as collecting this line goes, or even toy collecting in general) than to add a Classics SM to my Toy Room, I am not convinced it is likely. Because of this, I'm maintaining a quiet optimism. If it were to come about, I would need it to be reasonably priced, and likely set up on a payment plan.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DrumMaster View Post
    Totally agree with ones who think that a collection will never be completed without Snake Mountain !!!!!
    I second that
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Iím not taking about what Mattel allowed fans to do, I stated there were false preorders made just to get the castle green lit to go into production Mattel even commented on this. So what Iím saying is Super7 needs to let customers know no refund on deposit or payment plan payments as this will be a made to order item and Super7 canít afford false preorders.
    I understand what you're saying regarding non-refundable deposits and that's probably the safest way for Super 7 to go. However, Mattel footed much of the blame regarding the surplus of un-bought castles and canceled pre-orders, as they altered the dimensions after our pre-orders were in. Let me put it this way: How upset would we all be if we paid non-refundable deposits on Snake Mountain only to have it shrunk down and accessories cut afterward?

Quote Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
    I understand what you're saying regarding non-refundable deposits and that's probably the safest way for Super 7 to go. However, Mattel footed much of the blame regarding the surplus of un-bought castles and canceled pre-orders, as they altered the dimensions after our pre-orders were in. Let me put it this way: How upset would we all be if we paid non-refundable deposits on Snake Mountain only to have it shrunk down and accessories cut afterward?
    Snake mountain was already shrunken down by mattel. Super7 got the scaled down second sculpt the Four Horsemen did. But yeah I hear what you are saying about the accessories.

I just don’t see snake mountain happening any time soon. It’s a massive undertaking and I think Super7 might try a vehicle first to test the waters on large items.

Heroic Warrior
    Snake mountain was already shrunken down by mattel. Super7 got the scaled down second sculpt the Four Horsemen did. But yeah I hear what you are saying about the accessories.

I just don’t see snake mountain happening any time soon. It’s a massive undertaking and I think Super7 might try a vehicle first to test the waters on large items.
    By all means they should get there feet wet we definitely need more vehicles and everything Super 7 comes out with is to do with slime (regarding muscle) so the slime pit seems like a no brainier and they already have a mold for he- man so they could easily make a slime pit He-man to put with. I'm just happy that Snake Mountain seems to be on everyone's mind

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar

I do not remember when, but Brian said in an interview they could plan to offer a preorder sub for vehicules or something this, but they need to have sound financial backing and that is even more true for Snake Mountain.
    So as you suggested they probably would start with vehicules then Snake Mountain.
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Widget
    Quite frankly, Super7 should not even think about the words Snake Mountain until at least 2020 or so.

There has been a huge lull in the MOTUC figure line. People have grown bored and wandered off. Super7 needs to get wave1 into everyone's hands and probably even wave2 to get everybody interested again. Bring everyone back ready to lay money down for a pre-order. Beyond that, they are working on their 5.5" vintage style line they are trying to put into retail stores. That will bring more eyes on the MOTU world again. There are plenty of people right now who would love to buy MOTUC figures who have no idea they exist. They won't know until they're in WalMart or Target and see one of the 5.5" figures hanging on the shelf. When they go online to talk about them or look for more, only then will they discover the bigger, better MOTUC line they'd rather have. New She-Ra cartoon is coming to Netflix, that will bring more attention to the property. New MOTU movie is supposedly happening in 2019, that will bring more attention to the property. If these things happen, only after they are out and the property has the most recognition it has had in the past 30 years should Super7 attempt something as grand as Snake Mountain. Let all of these new people discover MOTUC. The amount of people out there who know that the MOTUC line even exists will multiply a hundredfold overnight. Let as many of those people make their way to buying a few figures and getting as addicted to them as we all have so instead of it just being us on this forum willing to lay down $500 or whatever for Snake Mountain there will be 10x our number willing to do the same.

I think too many people forget exactly how niche MOTUC is. Most people have no idea it exists. To 99.9% of the world, if you can't buy it in Wal-Mart's toy aisle it doesn't exist. You only find out if you stumble upon it. After the Netflix show & movie, more people will stumble upon it. If they are successful in getting their 5.5" line into retail stores more people will definitely stumble upon the MOTUC line.

I will pay whatever it takes to get a Snake Mountian as long as 3 conditions are met.

1. It's awesome

2. It's huge (kinda goes with #1)

3. They do not drop the price less than 75% of the retail price EVER. It stinks paying $250 for a playset (2 of them it was $500) and then seeing people get buy them for $50. Make to order and maybe give a discount (free shipping) if you buy 2 or more.
    Last edited by Lipster; January 15, 2018 at 08:46pm.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Dead View Post
    Quite frankly, Super7 should not even think about the words Snake Mountain until at least 2020 or so.

There has been a huge lull in the MOTUC figure line. People have grown bored and wandered off. Super7 needs to get wave1 into everyone's hands and probably even wave2 to get everybody interested again. Bring everyone back ready to lay money down for a pre-order. Beyond that, they are working on their 5.5" vintage style line they are trying to put into retail stores. That will bring more eyes on the MOTU world again. There are plenty of people right now who would love to buy MOTUC figures who have no idea they exist. They won't know until they're in WalMart or Target and see one of the 5.5" figures hanging on the shelf. When they go online to talk about them or look for more, only then will they discover the bigger, better MOTUC line they'd rather have. New She-Ra cartoon is coming to Netflix, that will bring more attention to the property. New MOTU movie is supposedly happening in 2019, that will bring more attention to the property. If these things happen, only after they are out and the property has the most recognition it has had in the past 30 years should Super7 attempt something as grand as Snake Mountain. Let all of these new people discover MOTUC. The amount of people out there who know that the MOTUC line even exists will multiply a hundredfold overnight. Let as many of those people make their way to buying a few figures and getting as addicted to them as we all have so instead of it just being us on this forum willing to lay down $500 or whatever for Snake Mountain there will be 10x our number willing to do the same.

I think too many people forget exactly how niche MOTUC is. Most people have no idea it exists. To 99.9% of the world, if you can't buy it in Wal-Mart's toy aisle it doesn't exist. You only find out if you stumble upon it. After the Netflix show & movie, more people will stumble upon it. If they are successful in getting their 5.5" line into retail stores more people will definitely stumble upon the MOTUC line.
    You're a smart guy!