Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SUPER7 Has Sent Snake Mountain to Factory for Pricing

Quote Originally Posted by MJOLNIR View Post
    But they are using the same factory as Mattel for the figures to maintain consistency. Why would they use a different factory for SM?
    Its likely for something this big and expensive that they'd want to get multiple bids.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Its likely for something this big and expensive that they'd want to get multiple bids.
    Quote Originally Posted by MJOLNIR View Post
    "But they are using the same factory as Mattel for the figures to maintain consistency. Why would they use a different factory for SM?."
    But we don't know it's actually a different factory. Knowing Mattel's track-record since TG left, it's likely they just didn't get this far in the process before they scrapped it.
    Positive Transactions:

As buyer: boggs32, PaTrIcKfOgArTy, Dorko2, Shecky, Shenlon (2),
    Son of Keldor

As seller: mikethedrummer, slgcmg, kngfu
    DJjoker182, bobtheodd, mahuti, FAKER II, General Hawk 7

EBay: StLouisStallions

With several brand managers coming and going over at Mattel, and any quote they got being at least a year old, and who knows with what accessories that thing was being costed with, would you actually trust the numbers that Mattel gave you? This is a little different than the figures that have been produced, we know what the final MSRP on those are and have been, and hell, they still don't have an official number of what to charge for those figures either!

With that said.... I'm guessing close to $500. Especially if they keep the blue tooth speaker and what not, that requires some app work and stuff (and I for one would love to have!) But if they removed it, or put it as a stretch goal on a kickstarter (which is what I am expecting to happen with this) then that would be cool. Actually, if they went kickstarter route I am sure alot of the accessories would be stretch goals in order to get them costed out. *shrugs* Here's hoping.... and heres to the 9 months of ramen cup-o-noodles I'll be eating to afford it!
    It always takes me 10 minutes to figure out how to edit this signature

I want meteorbs dang nabbit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eternia Burning View Post
    But we don't know it's actually a different factory. Knowing Mattel's track-record since TG left, it's likely they just didn't get this far in the process before they scrapped it.
    Sure, but my point is even if they're planning to use the same factory, it would be foolish not to get some competing bids.

They also might've come up with some changes they'd like to implement since the first time they spec'd it out.

I'll put my money where my mouth is. Keep it big!
    Thundercats Hooooooooooo!

In the words of Koolaid "Oh yeah!!".

I better start saving my money. I hope they do a preorder and dont over produce and sell leftovers for half price. I dont mind paying 500$ unless a year later they sell them for $250.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Very happy to gear the Super7 are looking at this. Classics really needs Snake Mountain. The speaker idea while a nice nod to the vintage toy is possibly an expensive extra not necessary for what will already be a very expensive item.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Heroic Warrior
    Wonderful news.. let's do this guys..

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Super7, if you build it, I'll gladly buy it!

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Very happy to gear the Super7 are looking at this. Classics really needs Snake Mountain. The speaker idea while a nice nod to the vintage toy is possibly an expensive extra not necessary for what will already be a very expensive item.
    I think if memory serves me correctly that they actually addressed the cost concern on that awhile ago around the time of the reveal and said that believe it or not it's no where near as expensive as people think and I believe it.

Little simple electric gadgets like that are super cheap these days. You can get those types of things and what they're probably talking about for under $10.00 easy. Just look em' up. To factor it into the cost and include from a marketing perspective adds to it's sales factor and likability then by not having it.
    Last edited by Riddle of Steel; October 7, 2016 at 06:43pm.

Glad for the news. For an update. For keeping us in the loop, even if it is only a very small bit of info.

Thanks guys.

Here's looking to you pricing this out. Remember, if we have to buy it in parts, (like half and half) I am certain we would do that. Sell the extra bits (like the throne, the table) separate if you must as well. Heck some people only want that throne, etc. Make it so, Super 7

- - - Updated - - -

Glad for the news. For an update. For keeping us in the loop, even if it is only a very small bit of info.

Thanks guys.

Here's looking to you pricing this out. Remember, if we have to buy it in parts, (like half and half) I am certain we would do that. Sell the extra bits (like the throne, the table) separate if you must as well. Heck some people only want that throne, etc. Make it so, Super 7

We must get Snake Mountain! It's the key missing piece! Make it so, S7 and you'll be heroes at our household, that's for sure!!!
    Hey Super 7, Snake Mountain rocks! Let's Kickstart it!

Yes!!! Great news!

Quote Originally Posted by Zodac View Post
    Yes!!! Great news!
    Its actually not out of the realm of possibility that Super 7 wont take non-refundable deposits for these much like sideshow collectibles does. So in essence your snake mountain will be built to order for you. Where this may function as more of a resin statute then as a playset and they can sell both halves separatly. And sell the parts separatly as well. Maybe make that as a subscription in and of itself. Kind of like when you buy those Christmas or Halloween towns from the bradford exchange or the franklin mint.

- - - Updated - - -

Just wanted to add too, that if you guys get this and thundercats to happen. I visit san diego monthly to see my mom. Im gonna stop in one afternoon and give each one of y'all a smooch!!
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Heroic Warrior
    oh yeah, I can't wait! Please let it be feasible

Oh yeah baby. Please give us snake mountain Super7.

Certainly will be interesting to see how Super7 handles this. Preorder? Payment installments? Either way, at least there's movement in a positive direction!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Hardcore MOTUC Collector KelvAcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post

In turn, higher prices for smaller runs are inevitable. Totally fine/cool with that though. Fans need to remember that they are a business and a SMALL one at that. We're so lucky to even be in this position to where these things are still coming. Don't think of just yourselves and what you could get for what, but what works for everyone.

It starts from the top and what works for that entity and their model. After-all, if it doesn't make dollars, it doesn't make sense.

Best comment ever!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    Super7, if you build it, I'll gladly buy it!
    I'm in as well...!
    My MOTUC collection here ====> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3mddgXWJ7M

Widget
    I'm in, please take my money!!!!!

This is what I am waiting to find out more about.
    I have finally returned from Despondos.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...psa697c4d9.png

Heroic Warrior
    As a kid I had a lot of figures and both castles. When I started collecting motuc figures I never dreamed would get this far. Now that we might even get Snake Mountain this would mean I would own all I had as a kid and more, it would be a dream come true. Whatever the cost I am be in, even if it meant paying hundreds of dollars upfront. There is only one chance to get this thing, and the time is now.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Super 7 are using Mattels factory (it's been confirmed) so that's where SM was sent.

Brian Flynn wants to get pricing on tooling and manufacturing for Snake Mountain from the factory. There is no multiple bids from different factories only The Mattel Factory is the one being used.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Certainly will be interesting to see how Super7 handles this. Preorder? Payment installments? Either way, at least there's movement in a positive direction!
    I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it's offered via the Super 7 site as a preorder but the cost has to be paid in full. That's the only way Super 7 will know how much interest there is and how many to make. This will NOT be like grayskull there will not be extras for sale later, just some for CS replacement of a damaged playset. At least this is how I see it.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Kittrina, Melaktha, Stridor, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Grizzlor, Leech, Mantenna, Horde Trooper, She-Ra, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    You know I wouldn't mind the speaker system be dropped if it would keep the cost down. Skelletor and company do need their place to crash.

Heroic Warrior
    I personally thought the blue tooth idea was stupid to begin with.. but, my king diamond is aching to take over snake mountain and have some merciful fate blasting through it would be pretty dope.

What the opinions of how much support this will garner, compared to CG?
    Creator of the New Adventures Watching Club, come join us! Click here!

"The meat was gamey, the potatoes were lumpy, and this coffee tastes like it was strained through someones urethra." - Dean Stephan