Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SUPER7 Has Sent Snake Mountain to Factory for Pricing

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by HordakQuack View Post
    What the opinions of how much support this will garner, compared to CG?
    Its a good question - I was totally in shock how long it took to get only 300 signatures on the Save Snake Mountain petition. It may have done more harm than good and proven that internet noise != paying customers.

Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    I'll put my money where my mouth is. Keep it big!
    The SM that Super7 got was the second sculpt from the horsemen the scaled down version on the snake side Mattel was going to produce so it won't be the massive one from SDCC but even with it scaled down I heard mattel didn't take much off the hight. With Mattel and Brandon out of the picture I hope the Bluetuth is not included. No one really cared for it anyway, they just want a really cool playset with lots of goodies inside.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Kittrina, Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MJOLNIR View Post
    But they are using the same factory as Mattel for the figures to maintain consistency. Why would they use a different factory for SM?
    The factory S7 said they would be using is for the figures; something like Snake Mountain may be beyond the current factory's ability. We don't know. I seem to recall there was a problem with the rooted hair on the alternate Megator head because the factory making the figures couldn't do rooted hair. We have no idea what the factory in question can do; it might be able to make the huge tooling necessary for such a playset just fine, or it may not have that capability.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    I they can produce it and then the fright zone that would be really awesome.
    I do not care if the size is smaller and if there is no blue tooth actually, just hope they make it
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Heroic Warrior
    Please let us get snake mountain. Also make the 3 towers of eternia

Skeletor's Right Hand Man Megalodon's Avatar
    So any new word on this yet?

Heroic Warrior
    Wish this would get announced at the next reveal!
    It's all been done before. Everything to say has already been said. Do me a solid and pretend I posted something witty and original here

I would sell a kidney for a Snake Mountain.
    The Bluetooth speaker idea doesn't appeal to me - but that thing would be big enough to have a specific slot inside for a branded speaker, like a pill or some such. That would keep the cost down for a gimmick.
    It would also save me the time and effort of building one myself.

Heroic Warrior
    The last mention was at a conference last year where Brian mentioned to Pixel Dan that he was still interested in this project, but S7 focus was on individual figures because the effort required to push a SM through was equivalent (and I'm guessing at the numbers here because I can't remember for sure) to something like a dozen or more figures.

From memory he also spoke about marketing this one kickstarter-style and making it to order only if enough pre-orders were met.

Seriously, I would buy 2. Name the price!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

I’ll buy 2 with a very strong possibility of 3. This is my number one most desired collectible, period.
    Hey Super 7, Snake Mountain rocks! Let's Kickstart it!

Would like to have some infos regarding this.
    And I really hope they will be able to make it

I would be down for one so long as the price is no more than $400, but I'm not sure Super7 could sell enough at a high price to justify the resources they would have to put into this.

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    The factory S7 said they would be using is for the figures; something like Snake Mountain may be beyond the current factory's ability. We don't know. I seem to recall there was a problem with the rooted hair on the alternate Megator head because the factory making the figures couldn't do rooted hair. We have no idea what the factory in question can do; it might be able to make the huge tooling necessary for such a playset just fine, or it may not have that capability.
    Ah, point taken.

Well count me in for 1 for sure. Possibly a second depending on how old my nephews are when it rolls out.
    I'm all for keeping it big at any cost but if it needs to be reduced to ensure enough sales to go forward then I'll accept it.

I really hope they can find a way to get it made. We already got screwed out of one in the 2002 line, a Classics Snake Mountain needs to happen!

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Fist View Post
    I really hope they can find a way to get it made. We already got screwed out of one in the 2002 line, a Classics Snake Mountain needs to happen!
    Well said!
    "..."

I keep reading I'll buy two or I would buy three etc. Now just so everyone knows I'm not picking on anyone at all, but has anyone still looking for snake mountain thought about price? Super7 is a small company so this thing even at the scaled down version would run us the customer a good $600.00 for this playset.

I know as much as I would love to own it I just can't afford $600.00 for a toy at this time. People are complaining about the cost of four figure sets between CC & CG and that's so much cheaper than what Snake Mountain is going to cost.

Super7 would probably have to do a preorder for it and might even offer an instalment plan like they have for the figures because Super7 is good like that but if thy don't reach the numbers they need they won't go forward with it.

I think this is why Super7 is just set on making figures at this point.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Kittrina, Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor.

I think most of us realize it'll be very expensive, but are more willing to come up with the money for Snake Mountain than four-figure sets of Z-list characters. (Not that I'm knocking them for being Z-list, I love a lot of those Z-listers!) I'm not about to drop close to $200 for four figures, particularly when I only really want a couple of 'em, but I'll cough up the cash for Snake Mountain.

At this point I don’t care what it costs, I want it!
    Hey Super 7, Snake Mountain rocks! Let's Kickstart it!

Need a play set this year.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    I keep reading I'll buy two or I would buy three etc. Now just so everyone knows I'm not picking on anyone at all, but has anyone still looking for snake mountain thought about price? Super7 is a small company so this thing even at the scaled down version would run us the customer a good $600.00 for this playset.

I know as much as I would love to own it I just can't afford $600.00 for a toy at this time. People are complaining about the cost of four figure sets between CC & CG and that's so much cheaper than what Snake Mountain is going to cost.

Super7 would probably have to do a preorder for it and might even offer an instalment plan like they have for the figures because Super7 is good like that but if thy don't reach the numbers they need they won't go forward with it.

That’s probably a pretty accurate assumption. Personally I’d be up for 600 myself but not sure how much more I’d go above that. Honestly I can’t see enough preorders coming in at that price despite a handful of posters willing to antiup. If it does cost over 500 I can see it failing the pre order process, regretfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Fist View Post
    I think most of us realize it'll be very expensive, but are more willing to come up with the money for Snake Mountain than four-figure sets of Z-list characters. (Not that I'm knocking them for being Z-list, I love a lot of those Z-listers!) I'm not about to drop close to $200 for four figures, particularly when I only really want a couple of 'em, but I'll cough up the cash for Snake Mountain.
    This is my thinking. I would rather spend the premium on vehicles and play sets that I want vs a premium on characters I don't really care about that much. It is obvious to me why the polls were so heavily Filmation sided. It was a chance for people to vote for characters they know and care about vs obscure if not interesting unknowns.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post

That will be expensive for sure, but with pre order and payment plan I am sure that can be possible.
    And the demand is here, tons of collectors are down for this playset, and I hope they will offer us a sub for vehicules too, with a pre ordering system too.
    Tons of great vehicules and creatures need to be made :

Attak Track
    Road Ripper
    Land Shark

Mantisaur
    Stridor
    Spydor

Are the most demanded in every poll I have seen so far, A mini sub with these 3 creatures and 3 vehicules will sell pretty well imo

I think the only possibility to get Snake Mountain is a crowdfunding.

I have little hope for this happening.....at least any time soon. I would love to be proven wrong. Mattel would have been able to do this more cost effective. I wonder if Mattel and super7 could team up for this project. $300-$400 would be my limit. But I don't see super7 doing it at that price. A year long payment plant could work as well.
    Comedian on the matty forums.