Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Who got an NES Mini?

[QUOTE=Heeeere's Olesker!;3788356]I'm hopelessly attached to my iPhone, but I'd never stand in line or pay a premium for a new model. A decade ago Kim insisted I ditch my FlipPhone for an iPhone because she didn't want me walking into meetings with a phone a high schooler would laugh at. That said, I don't get the need for a phone that plays the Nebraska football fight song and can compute the GNP of Brazil in 1946.

- - - Updated - - -

I still have a flip phone.. will use it until it dies. I wish i could go phone-less... but i have an aging grandmother..

I still have a working snes... im trying to get a pal who has 4 old nes' (scored from an estate sale) still in the box to just gimme one
    GIMME TOYS!-

Hang in there, Bow! Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    ...the merger of my thread into the original NES thread, based on the similarity of the threads. I did express that I was aware of the other thread but felt there was enough of a difference to warrant a separate thread.
    Ahh, I see...yeah, I've been there before too, lol.
    Welcome to The She-Ra Photo Museum! Thousands of screencaps from Filmation's classic 1980's toon! For the Honor of Grayskull!

Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

Master of New Adventures!
    "Duck Hunt"?!!! Oh, Lord, such great memories!!! Kinder, gentler times...

Btw -- and yes, I know I sound hopelessly out of touch here -- does anyone know how I can play Asteroids on either my computer or a game platform? I'm reluctant to ask our children because I'll get the eye roll. Which platform isn't an issue. Trust me, our children have every game platform ever made. My preference is playing it on my computer so I can stay out of everyone's way. These children are so into action that it's like John Wick with a joystick around here.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    I still have my original NES and play it from time to time (though the gun no longer works for Duck Hunt. The dog just laughs and laughs. LOL.). But happily I was able to pick up the NES Mini at Walmart this time around with no fuss.
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; July 11, 2018 at 12:30pm.

Master of Disasters MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    I still have my original NES and play it from time to time (though the gun no longer works for Duck Hunt. The dog just laughs and laughs. LOL.). But happily I was able to pick up the NES Mini at Walmart this time around with no fuss.
    Yes indeed.

With that said, if anyone knows how to fix the gun please let me know.
    MOST WANTED: Filmation Whiplash, Filmation Ram Man, Filmation Two-Bad, Filmation Buzz-Off, Filmation Sy-Klone, Ice Armor He-Man, and SNAKE MOUNTAIN!!!

Yes indeed.

are you using the gun on a flat screen? as far as i know.. they will not work on a flat tv
    GIMME TOYS!-

Yes indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by H.A.L.9000 View Post
    are you using the gun on a flat screen? as far as i know.. they will not work on a flat tv
    Thank you so much. I am indeed using a flat screen. I knew someone would have the answer. Thanks so much!!
    MOST WANTED: Filmation Whiplash, Filmation Ram Man, Filmation Two-Bad, Filmation Buzz-Off, Filmation Sy-Klone, Ice Armor He-Man, and SNAKE MOUNTAIN!!!

dog.jpg
    Last edited by Mer-Man's Minion; July 11, 2018 at 12:51pm.
    Welcome to The She-Ra Photo Museum! Thousands of screencaps from Filmation's classic 1980's toon! For the Honor of Grayskull!

Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

Thank you so much. I am indeed using a flat screen. I knew someone would have the answer. Thanks so much!!
    glad to help...

a friend and i were doing some yard sailing.. bought a ton old NES stuff... included 6 guns.. we couldn't get one to

work... then i did a little research and BOOM...there it was.. so we grabbed a tube tv and BINGO
    GIMME TOYS!-

Quote Originally Posted by Mer-Man's Minion View Post
    dog.jpg
    Hahaha. I hate that dog. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by H.A.L.9000 View Post
    glad to help...

a friend and i were doing some yard sailing.. bought a ton old NES stuff... included 6 guns.. we couldn't get one to

work... then i did a little research and BOOM...there it was.. so we grabbed a tube tv and BINGO
    Awesome!!!

lol

That dog and Cybermorph's green face annoy the heck outta me

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

im seeing these more and more at Walmart.

Skeletor, if there's a good bone in you, send help!
    There isn't! Never has been, never will be.

Heroic Warrior
    Yep! got one for myself on the 30th I think it was. Whatever the day after re-release was. First time I walked through they had two left... the next time just one, so I figured why not.

LOTS of fun and I love the game selection. there's 3-4 I never heard of, but the ones I REALLY REALLY wanted to play again.. are totally there. Getting that 'save' file to work took some figuring out though. Been having a blast with Castlevania and Mega Man 2... now that I have Save figured out I'll dive into Zelda

I ended up picking one up and already loaded up the entire nes library to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lando452 View Post
    Sweet!! Now see, that's what I would love!

Actually I would love to pick and choose what games I want, "a la carte", but the whole entire library is a good alternative, lol.

Also, I want to change the title of this thread to "Who got a NES Mini", instead of "an NES mini"; that's like saying the letters, "an N-E-S Mini", when you can just say it like an acronym word, "a NES Mini" - NES rhyming with mess. But maybe that's just me, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mer-Man's Minion View Post
    What?? Daaaang...I need to make friends with one of you emulating people!
    My wife works with computers for a living. She doesn't do ANY of the cool nerdy things with computers that other computer nerds do.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    I just plug the crap in and play.

I can barely figure out how to even load a game on my Xbox One, let alone figure out how to play it. My kids play on it. I plug NES, SNES, and Sega Genesis cartridges into my Retro N 3 clone system. That's much easier for an old geezer like me. Just plug the crap in and play.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Lando452 View Post
    How did you do that?

Heroic Warrior
    I've seen some on ebay with like 500 games on them but passed them over. 1) It has that 'warranty voiding tampered with' kind of feel that I hate to spend money on.... and 2) That's just TOO MANY games. The list I saw had a TON of worthless Z-list games that I don't really believe ever had a Nintendo release... and the idea of scrolling through FIVE HUNDRED GAMES to get to the one I wan to play RIGHT NOW... It seemed way too daunting.

Admittedly 30 is little light, and I wish this version had maybe 50... but the 30 they put on there seem to have all my top 20 wants... and a couple of hidden gems I didn't know about.

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    How did you do that?
    Very simple mod, I did the same thing (and have my SNES mini with some classic arcade games on it, too).

There's a program that you have on your comp, and the cable the mini comes with plugs into your USB port, you run the program, and then you just load up games and box art and hit a button to load them on. You can sort them into folders and select icons for the folders (like fun pics of various systems), and that's about it. Pretty much works like iTunes.

So I have a bunch of NES and gameboy games on my NES mini, and my SNES has those, arcade, Sega Genesis, and gameboy advance games. And they all play perfectly. Makes them more than worth every penny.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

Grammer Flunky
    i wonder if there is a nes controller that fits into the original nes somewhere out there that is new. i got hte mini controller only to find out it was a smaller port. i thought they where the same size.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    i wonder if there is a nes controller that fits into the original nes somewhere out there that is new. i got hte mini controller only to find out it was a smaller port. i thought they where the same size.
    As I recall: The NES controller for NES mini is using Wii U connector, I don't know if Wii U controller is applicable for the mini console.

-----------------------------
    Hey Jack, I wonder if you ever played Commodore Pet (or 64) or Atari 2600 in your heyday (a.k.a early He-Man years too).
    Last edited by Fendi; July 15, 2018 at 12:13am.

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    As I recall: The NES controller for NES mini is using Wii U connector, I don't know if Wii U controller is applicable for the mini console.

-----------------------------

Hey Jack, I wonder if you ever played Commodore Pet (or 64) or Atari 2600 in your heyday (a.k.a early He-Man years too).
    We were supposed to get a commodore 64 but we never did. We had the 2600 though. Can't wait to get the new atari 8 one day and the snes and sega. Just got the nes classic. Gotta get some controllers with 6ft cords now.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Galmorzu View Post
    Very simple mod, I did the same thing (and have my SNES mini with some classic arcade games on it, too).

There's a program that you have on your comp, and the cable the mini comes with plugs into your USB port, you run the program, and then you just load up games and box art and hit a button to load them on. You can sort them into folders and select icons for the folders (like fun pics of various systems), and that's about it. Pretty much works like iTunes.

So I have a bunch of NES and gameboy games on my NES mini, and my SNES has those, arcade, Sega Genesis, and gameboy advance games. And they all play perfectly. Makes them more than worth every penny.
    Thank you for the info and reply. Is there a link I can get this program for my Computer?

Thank you for the info and reply. Is there a link I can get this program for my Computer?

Hakchi2. The website is really easy to get what you need, and the program itself walks you through exactly what you need to do. It really couldn't be easier.

The only tricky part was adding the additional cores to play Sega, Gameboy, Advance, Arcade (especially Arcade, which is really tricky), etc, but I think even those are on the website.
    Last edited by Galmorzu; July 17, 2018 at 03:55pm.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

Lots of videos on this on youtube, look for Hackchi2, very easy.