Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Electrified Porcupine’s Masters of the Universe Classics Reviews / Rewind Features

Quote Originally Posted by Beerternia View Post
    Hi, everyone!

Iím Peter and I run www.electrifiedporcupine.com.

I own the complete line so far minus the first King Grayskull, Twistoid and Rotar (Iím in the same boat as many of you)

Feel free to give me constructive feedback. I feel Iíve found my groove now and my pictures are getting better (and my equipment to take them has improved, too). I have purchased these with my own money and feel I can share honestly as Iím not answering to any company sending out samples. Enjoy!

Hey Peter! I haven't started on your reviews for MOTUC figures YET, ...But I definitely will be doing so sooner thaan later for sure! The part of your original post that stands out to me, that I so colorfully highlighted, is that you collected these completely on your own dime like almost all of us here, ...& that makes me very curious to read all your MOTUC/CC/CG reviews! ...I only take pictures of my figures w/ my android cell's camera, so I do not have really impressive pictures at all, but I have wanted to do videos of me honestly reviewing these figures as well. I have no special camera to film them with, & no editing skills to speak of at all, but have long since wished to see some reviews from regular fans that can appreciate & even criticize these releases honestly, without fear that samples will no longer be sent if the reviews are more negative than positive! So I'm glad I'll have your reviews to read & enjoy! I look forward to getting into your archive of past reviews & reporting back here on my opinions on them soon enough. I already see some .orgers whose opinions I rather value commenting positively on your reviews, so I am beyond confident that I'll enjoy them as well! Thanks 4 doing this Peter! It's not like I mean this as a slight towards the amazing reviewers that do get samples, ...but I always was curious what rviews would be like if there was no free samples being sent out, a that would definitely steer me towards focusing on all the positives, & maybe just quickly skimming over the negatives of a figure, if I was worried thaat my harsher critiques might cut off my supply of free Toys! Hope to start delving into your past reviews this weekend man!

VAL: Thanks for encouraging this, as I'm barely ever on the FB (lol) because it gives me more anxiety than it does enjoyment by far, as I just can't keep up with everyone I know & their many many posts! & some ppl see you "liking other posts" (usually the last 10 ppl who posted & then I get bored & bail), & that you did not "Like" their posts, & take it personally. Plus I have family members that have occasional FB WARS & they are horrible & unnecessary, so I steer clear from FB a lot. Like A LOT A Lot. lol.

...So Thank You VAL for always encouraging posters to bring their MOTU related blogs/reviews/websites/ect. to the .org, as it keeps this site engaging and interesting. *You know Your "Milkshake" bring The Boys to the Yard!" ...You know how you do!

-------------------------------------------- (*Do NOT even ask me WHY that line popped in my head, or even how I know that song, as IDK & it is Def NOT my usual fare!)
    invisibleboy - Unseen, But DEFINITELY NOT Unheard! Sorry bout it.

Thank you for your enthusiasm. You'll see as I started these to where I am now, my equipment has changed to be able to do better pictures. I've just practiced and read up on things. My photo box didn't cost a lot of money and has been beneficial. Same goes with the vids on my YouTube page. I'm just practicing getting better as I also had no prior knowledge of how to do any of it. I just wanted to share my stuff and had enough support to dive in. Now it's been a years since my site started, Val invited me to keep posting my stuff here, and other are enjoying my MOTUC Rewind series and other things I look at. I feel happy just knowing I'm sharing what I love and that some people take the time to say something positive about what I'm doing. Hell, I'm happy when people nudge me when I get a fact incorrect or state something incorrect by accident and want to help me correct it.

I know I said that I don't really answer to anyone because I've bought every MOTUC figure and everything else on my site with my own money, but I don't knock those who have gotten stuff. I mean, they've built themselves up to be able to do so and there's a level of respect there. I just hope if I ever get to a point where a company does send me anything to review (or discounted), they would hope that I was reviewing objectively and if they didn't like it, oh well.

Keep me posted with what you think!
    Cheers..your post made my Sat night!
    Don't mistake lack of talent for genius - Peter Steele (Type O Negative)

Heroic Warrior
    My feature on Sy-Klone is now live.
    Sorry, a little late for this, but Peter, I have to say I enjoyed your review of Sy-Klone very much indeed. The line about your fingernail is something I think all collectors might relate with! Marvelous! I would only add that in my opinion the 200x head helps the figure a good deal. Much better. But the colours, the general feel of the character is pure MOTU.

Keep up the great work,

Daryl

Updated with a look back at Panthor

It's not one of my own features (although I should have my look back at Catra up tomorrow), but here's an interview I got asked to do and it features many pics of my collection! Check it out!

- - - Updated - - -

My look back at Catra has gone live. Enjoy!

- - - Updated - - -

My feature looking back at The Faceless One is now up.

My feature about Battleground Teela is now up!

Updated with my look back at Clawful Enjoy!

Nice review of Clawful (although I think you are a bit too kind on the head).

I posted a comment,which I will repeat here. Clawful being dumb isn't from the Filmation series. It's from the MYP series. Clawful in Filmation was actually a somewhat clever Evil Warrior (as far as that goes when you aren't named Evil-Lyn).

There is a storyline in MYP about Evil-Lyn making Clawful less stupid.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

Heroic Warrior
    Must say I'm with Beerternia on this one. I love the figure and love the original head, in all its Muppet-like glory. Scott, I hear your point, but he's always looked like a knucklehead - look at the original toy; in fact, I've always believed Skeletor's biggest problem regarding world domination came from having a bunch of slow-wits as henchmen (Evil-Lyn excepted). Probably thinking too much on this, I know...

Great review!

Heroic Warrior
    I am with you on this one. I was never a big fan of Battleground Teela. I only got her because of the subscription, and I ended up liking her accessories more than her. This was with my older collection, of course, but at that time I gave her sword to the "real" Teela (I liked it better than that 200X sword) gave her blaster to Catra (for some reason, Catra just looks better with a blaster to me). It also always annoyed be that they never gave an explanation for why Teela's hair color changed.

My feature about Battleground Teela is now up!

Quote Originally Posted by ian_highful View Post
    I am with you on this one. I was never a big fan of Battleground Teela. I only got her because of the subscription, and I ended up liking her accessories more than her. This was with my older collection, of course, but at that time I gave her sword to the "real" Teela (I liked it better than that 200X sword) gave her blaster to Catra (for some reason, Catra just looks better with a blaster to me). It also always annoyed be that they never gave an explanation for why Teela's hair color changed.
    Teela's hair color? What about Evil-Lyn's skin color!?

The MOTUC bios are really quite silly. I just disregard them. I think whoever was writing them usually was just trying to shock fans or force their own fanon on others.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by jscott991 View Post
    Teela's hair color? What about Evil-Lyn's skin color!?

The MOTUC bios are really quite silly. I just disregard them. I think whoever was writing them usually was just trying to shock fans or force their own fanon on others.
    Good point on Evil-Lyn. Mike Bock actually created a comic on one of these threads that gave an interesting fan-fiction explanation for why her skin changed. It had to do with an attack on Shadow Weaver. Basically Weaver beats her and curses her with yellow skin so that she will forever be marked as an "inferior witch." I am not sure I would say Evil-Lyn is inferior to Shadow Weaver, but it was an interesting read and explanation nonetheless.

Someone also gave a fan fiction explanation for Teela's hair. I don't remember the exact details, but I remember it having to do with her training as the new Sorceress. It basically said that as she was gaining more power, her hair changed because, subconsciously, she associated blonde hair with power. Not sure how I feel about that explanation either though. The Sorceress had red hair, and she was plenty powerful. Of course, no one ever saw her true hair color in the cartoon except for He-Man when she explained her origins to him.
    Last edited by ian_highful; May 12, 2017 at 11:25pm.

Thanks for all the insight, everyone!

Weapons Pack – Ultimate Battleground Assortment
    I'll never... NEVER... forgot and forgive the pink Zodac/Zodak accessories.
    They didn't want to do 'em black because of Wun-Dar... but how can you use pink accessories?
    Green, Blue, Orange, Grey, White... the limit was the sky... and they chose pink without a reason.
    Last edited by JoeyCruel; May 18, 2017 at 04:38am.
    I met 3 heroes: their names are Jedi_Kunle, Mikethedrummer and Miracle Max.
    And I also met an angel called David. Good journey, sit tibi terra levis.

The pink accessories look great on Adam, Faceless One and Plundor!

Happy Friday, everyone! I've updated with my look back at Captain Glenn/Queen Marlena! Enjoy!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    The pink accessories look great on Adam, Faceless One and Plundor!
    I've never thought of trying those out with those characters. I'll take a gander tonight!

I've never thought of trying those out with those characters. I'll take a gander tonight!
    I already see somethin' with Adam and Plundor but I don't like it... please show us the Faceless One combination...
    Meanwhile... Here's Fabulor, Eternian Stylist, and that it isn't a blaster, it's an hair dryer... created by TheFallen.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...7549-TheFallen
    Last edited by JoeyCruel; May 19, 2017 at 01:10pm.
    I met 3 heroes: their names are Jedi_Kunle, Mikethedrummer and Miracle Max.
    And I also met an angel called David. Good journey, sit tibi terra levis.

Happy Friday, everyone! I've updated with my look back at Captain Glenn/Queen Marlena! Enjoy!
    Surprised that you didn't mention that the blaster rifle she comes with is the rifle used by Skeletor's troopers in the 1987 film.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Quote Originally Posted by jscott991 View Post
    Surprised that you didn't mention that the blaster rifle she comes with is the rifle used by Skeletor's troopers in the 1987 film.
    I totally forgot that's where the it came from. Thanks for the reminder. I'll mention it and give you credit!

Thanks!

It's been a while since I've done a new one with so many figures from Sideshow and Hot Toys to get through (and music, and WWE, and all the other crazy crap I look at), so here's a new one on Man-E-Faces! Enjoy!

My feature looking back at Megator is live. Thanks for everyone's feedback on these Rewind features. Much appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

My look back at Leech is live! Enjoy!

The goodness rolls on with Hurricane Hordak!

Updated with my look back at Icarius

- - - Updated - - -

Another update with my look back at Snout Spout!

- - - Updated - - -

Here's my look back at Swiftwind! You'll notice before even looking at my feature that the mask is destroyed. A friend's dog chewed it.

I'm doing my Rewind features in the order the figures in the line were released so I couldn't wait any longer while searching for another mask. Enjoy the feature on what I call my "Battle Damaged" Swiftwind.

- - - Updated - - -

Bubble Power She-Ra is now live.

Excellent work as usual!
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Excellent work as usual!
    Thanks, Val! Much appreciated! December, 2011 is finally here with my look at back at Demo-Man!

- - - Updated - - -

Updated to include my look at all five MOTUC Ultimate figures from Super 7. Lots of comparison pictures and a video embedded! Enjoy!