Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Unofficially Official MEGA "Mega Man" Thread

Hang in there, Bow! Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Galmorzu View Post
    Shadow Man, I guess they just figured what went well with representing shadows (since they couldn't just do a shadow version of you I guess), and Ninjas are about as perfect to represent being in the shadows as anything.
    Oo, good call...very sneaky and lurking in the shadows, perhaps that's it. But, I like names that make sense on the surface, lol. I mean, in MM2, you know what kind of boss all those 8 guys are. Well, except Flash Man at first, but when you see him stop time in a "flash" and little flashing twinkles stopping time, then it makes sense to you.

And speaking of vague names, how about Hard Man?? I mean, really? That's the best they could come up with? lol C'mon, at least name him something like "Crunch Man" or "Steel Man" (although really they're all steel men, lol).

Exactly! I don't get the item drops, but man it's fun to see a whole bunch of enemies freeze then go flying up into orbit.
    Yes, totally fun, and his level is so fun when you get to go into zero gravity too!

One of the things I just can't enough of is using the Black Hole Bomb from 9. I just love creating it and seeing it pull enemies in. It's SOOOOO satisfying.
    Since I haven't played beyond MM 6 except for MM X on SNES, I wish we lived closer so I could just come over to your pad and hang out and be exposed to more MM, lol.

Yeah, but Magnet Man has that awesome sunset in the sky at the start, Top Man's has that bright sunny glass greenhouse look with all the bright foliage inside the glass, and even Hard Man's stage I quite like the look of. And I've always liked the dark reds and blacks of Shadow Man's stage and the dark bubbling tanks of water or whatever that is midway through.
    Yeah Magnet Man's sunset is neat, but man, Knight Man's in MM 6 is really awesome. And I love green and nature so I do like Top Man's greenery, but, that doesn't fit at all with his name, and, it looks like pot. I do like the bubbly water stuff in Shadow Man's stage as well. Maybe it's something in more of the simplicity of the design in MM 2, coupled with the better weapons? I dunno...MM 2 just had it all :-)

Oh, and speaking of weapons, what's with the Gemini Laser? I like it a lot, but if it's a Gemini Laser, shouldn't it split into two lasers upon first impact? I think so, and I would definitely prefer that.

Yes! I HATE this part of that game! Especially Needle Man's stage where, if you run out of rush jet you're done for. And the one part of Spark Man's stage with the rising platforms where it's so easy to die. Those two stages actually keep me from playing MM3 more than I normally would just because I think of how frustrating those two can be and I'm just like....ehhhh, think I'll play 4 or 5 instead.
    Yup! More often than not, I do like I did the other day---I played MM 3, beat all 8 bosses, did the first half of the warped Shadow Man stage and beat Wood Man, then I turned it off. Those 4 warped re-do levels really are such a deterrent for playing that game, whereas MM 2, I can play straight through if I like (though more often than not, for time's sake and the "meat" of the game, I will go through all 8 bosses and play a bit of the first Wily level and then quit, lol).

Man, I love Skull Man's stage in that. The music, the colors, the look, everything. Just fantastic.
    I do appreciate all that boniness! lol...I love it when the levels really are themed well with the bosses.
    Last edited by Mer-Man's Minion; January 26, 2018 at 12:10pm.
    Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mer-Man's Minion View Post
    Yeah Magnet Man's sunset is neat, but man, Knight Man's in MM 6 is really awesome. And I love green and nature so I do like Top Man's greenery, but, that doesn't fit at all with his name, and, it looks like pot. I do like the bubbly water stuff in Shadow Man's stage as well. Maybe it's something in more of the simplicity of the design in MM 2, coupled with the better weapons? I dunno...MM 2 just had it all :-)

Oh, and speaking of weapons, what's with the Gemini Laser? I like it a lot, but if it's a Gemini Laser, shouldn't it split into two lasers upon first impact? I think so, and I would definitely prefer that.
    I've thought about Top Man's stage a while, and I eventually figured that tops need really smooth, flat surfaces to spin well on. So glass is perfect. And how can they make a level of glass interesting? A giant greenhouse environment. That's how I rationalized the level choice, anyway.

And yeah, Knight Man's level is great. Actually, I think MM6 has aged really, really well. The only thing that REALLY bugs me, ever since I got the game, and kind of cheapens it is the charged up mega buster making a normal pellet shot sound. Either they messed something up and forgot to include a sound effect for it or just thought it was okay to keep such a weak sound effect for it. And several boss weapons are really pretty weak and worthless compared to even the stuff in 5. But the designs, levels, and music are all still very good. Like the mountains in Yamato Man's stage.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

Hang in there, Bow! Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    I've thought about Top Man's stage a while, and I eventually figured that tops need really smooth, flat surfaces to spin well on. So glass is perfect. And how can they make a level of glass interesting? A giant greenhouse environment. That's how I rationalized the level choice, anyway.
    Man, you are great at this rationalization stuff, lol. That's true, I never thought about the glassiness of the level. Boy if Top Man loves smooth glassy surfaces, he would sure get along well with Flash Man too, lol.

And yeah, Knight Man's level is great. Actually, I think MM6 has aged really, really well. The only thing that REALLY bugs me, ever since I got the game, and kind of cheapens it is the charged up mega buster making a normal pellet shot sound. Either they messed something up and forgot to include a sound effect for it or just thought it was okay to keep such a weak sound effect for it. And several boss weapons are really pretty weak and worthless compared to even the stuff in 5. But the designs, levels, and music are all still very good. Like the mountains in Yamato Man's stage.
    I never even thought about the mega buster thing, lol; but then again, I've only played the game a few times. It's my most recent acquisition, and usually when a MM vibe hits ms (which is often) I dive for 2, 4, or 5 first. And the forest in Plant Man's stage is pretty cool. I really like 5 a lot, it may be my 2nd favorite of the series. Crystal Eye is awesome, you know how I feel about Power Stone, lol, Water Wave is fun, Napalm Bomb is fun (but to me they always look like exploding vitamins, lol), and of course Gravity Hold is awesome sheerly for the novelty. I even like Gyro Copter, which is a more laborious weapon to use cause you have to make two moves with it, lol.

Here's something fun I thought of the other day...if the Mega Man bosses were here today, where would their favorite place be to make their home? Take MM 2, for instance:

• Bubble Man - Victoria Falls
    • Quick Man - Sydney, Australia
    • Wood Man - Sequoia National Park
    • Flash Man - Canada
    • Heat Man - Mauna Loa
    • Metal Man - Tokyo
    • Crash Man - San Francisco
    • Air Man - Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport

I looked for their favorite environments/themes to the max, hence Victoria Falls being the world's largest waterfall, sequoias being the biggest trees hence the most wood, Mauna Loa the world's largest volcano, Tokyo being the world's largest city (and I assume the most metal, lol), San Francisco being the city with the world's most car crashes, and Air Man taking over the world's largest airport, lol.

And Canada, well, just because surely there are some chilly smooth-surface places there, lol.
    Last edited by Mer-Man's Minion; January 26, 2018 at 03:11pm.
    Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"