Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast

Thread: Axel Giménez's official designs and sketches for MOTU Classics

I just want to say a THANK YOU to everyone for your words and demonstrations of support to my work.

Now, I think we don't need an "Axel Sub" to have more of those characters - figures designed by me. From what we can see in wave 1 and wave 2 by Super7, they have a good mix of figures from different sources, including new characters.

About revealing more of my designs, at the moment I will not be able to do it, because although I still have a lot of designs that I have not shown, they are just rough sketches, and they need to be worked to maintain the quality that I have been sharing with all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by AXOR View Post
    I just want to say a THANK YOU to everyone for your words and demonstrations of support to my work.

Now, I think we don't need an "Axel Sub" to have more of those characters - figures designed by me. From what we can see in wave 1 and wave 2 by Super7, they have a good mix of figures from different sources, including new characters.
    'Needs' vs 'wants'. An Axel sub would bring some of those characters so much quicker than the all-sources CC waves of present.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Widget
    I am pretty new to the ORG but I am loving this thread.

So many awesome beasts and characters!

I have been geeking out all morning.

When I saw Missile-Toe, I thought it looked almost like it could be a giant Mech. Such a great design!!!

Bug Eye is another fave ... Axel, thank you sooo much for posting all of your artwork. I love it!

An update of a design already shared here at the time, to show it now in colors, obviously based on the main reference to create this new character, which was the space suit drawn by Rebecca Taylor and included as an insert with the Castle Grayskull playset of the original line.

Jet Pak (Final Design).jpg

Looks fantastic Axel! I would love to see all of these on a "card-back" poster!
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Looks fantastic Axel! I would love to see all of these on a "card-back" poster!
    That is a fantastic idea!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Vintage Attack Trak, POP Vintage Variants completed, NA Vintage completed, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Ice Armor He-Man, Skeleteen

Heroic Warrior
    Beautiful. Every one of these designs deserves to be made. Sadly, these concepts are all too often passed over.

I'm a fan of any design that gives us a Buster Crabbe head!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!" - Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

WANT: Twiggets, Hunga, Josh, Joya/Bubblerina, King Ahgo, Wise Old Wizardess,
    Crimson Fury, Melog, Kowla, Red Eye, Staghorn, ALL New Adventures, Sharella,
    Gray, Kittrina, Melaktha, Miranda, Lt. Andra, Illumina, Lady Slither, MYP Evil-Lyn,
    MYP Sorceress, King Miro, Songster, Scrollos, Kayla, Skeleteen

One of my last finds among the pile of sketches from my days of work on the minicomics for Mattel and its Masters of the Universe Classics line. In this case, I only had to define some lines and give color since the design of SHARELLA was quite finished.

Anyway, I think this will be my farewell design, at least for some time, because given the pending projects I will not have the chance to finish the other remaining designs that I still have as mere rough sketches. These shouldn't be more than ten, and among them are, Lieutenant Andra, Snarrrlll The Snow Thief, Tung Lashor II, and a few others.

Now, it only remains for me to give my heartfelt THANKS to each and every one of those who took some time to take a look, comment and criticize all my designs. It has been a lot of fun for me to take some time whenever I could, to finish several of those designs that at the time, for reasons of urgency on the schedules, were just rough sketches. If ever, beyond Fang-Or, some of my other designs become figures, that will be awesome for me, but if not, I'll always feel lucky and grateful to those who opened the doors of Eternia for me and gave me the chance to contribute with my work to this impressive and always inspiring world.

"Good journey" Masters!

Sharella (Final Design).jpg
    Last edited by AXOR; June 24, 2018 at 11:49pm.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Axel, you are a legend! As you know, Sharella is one of my most wanted figures - definitely in my top 3 - so thank you for posting this fantastic design and for all of the great images you've shared.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Anyway, I think this will be my farewell design, at least for some time, because given the pending projects I will not have the chance to finish the other remaining designs that I still have as mere rough sketches. These shouldn't be more than ten, and among them are, Lieutenant Andra, Snarrrlll The Snow Thief, Tung Lashor II, and a few others.
    I hope you do finish them! Ignore the handful of petty individuals elsewhere online who try to beat you down. Their comments about your designs are driven by their extreme jealousy and massive insecurities. Most fans love your art and appreciate what you're doing.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2018!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I hope you do finish them! Ignore the handful of petty individuals elsewhere online who try to beat you down. Their comments about your designs are driven by their extreme jealousy and massive insecurities. Most fans love your art and appreciate what you're doing.
    That's undeniable! Plus, the community needs your contribution to keep converging in a same direction
    along with TheFwoosh for instance, it definitely arouses a few fans's curiosity while making them more inclined
    to see "X" character reaching their own shelves someday.
    NEW EP "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Flee The Moon" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT8qrmaFmq0

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    Axel, you are a legend! As you know, Sharella is one of my most wanted figures - definitely in my top 3 - so thank you for posting this fantastic design and for all of the great images you've shared.
    Thanks good lady. I'm glad you like her. I find everything related to Preternia very interesting, so obviously SHARELLA is one of my most wanted figures too.

Heroic Warrior
    Amen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Evil Sorcerer & Commander Zargon's Avatar
    One of my last finds among the pile of sketches from my days of work on the minicomics for Mattel and its Masters of the Universe Classics line. In this case, I only had to define some lines and give color since the design of SHARELLA was quite finished.

Now, it only remains for me to give my heartfelt THANKS to each and every one of those who took some time to take a look, comment and criticize all my designs. It has been a lot of fun for me to take some time whenever I could, to finish several of those designs that at the time, for reasons of urgency on the schedules, were just rough sketches. If ever, beyond Fang-Or, some of my other designs become figures, that will be awesome for me, but if not, I'll always feel lucky and grateful to those who opened the doors of Eternia for me and gave me the chance to contribute with my work to this impressive and always inspiring world.

"Good journey" Masters!

Thanks for sharing, this has been one of my favorite threads....
    Top MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither, Tuvar & Baddrah 2-pack, "new" characters as designed by Axor (Axel)

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Hey, my good man! Rest assured that I will finish each one of those remaining rough sketches. But, as you well know, I have pending projects to do, among them, the art of the cardbacks of the next waves of Collector's Choise and Club Grayskull.

And with regard to the comments of that handful of people who only take part in some groups to spread their poison against the work of others...

Since 2013, thanks to DC Comics, Scott Neitlich, YOU, and several other good people I've had the fortune of knowing, I've made comic books, mini comics, covers, designs of characters and figures (one of them already made), posters, box art, cardbacks art, instructions sheet art, etc. And my fortune continues, because I'm part of a group of people who really love Masters of the Universe and we contribute in a SELFLESS way in everything we can, to keep enriching this fantastic world, and if everything goes well (AND IT WILL BE) what we have planned will be epic. With all that I mean that, if I look at everything I've already done, and everything we'll do, I wouldn't even consider taking into account the poor comments of a handful of insecure and negative people. Before that, I only say THANKS to those who support my work, and to those who trust me (like you) to continue doing it.

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Really like that version of Sharella! I would buy that in MOTUC in an instant.

Would love to see your version of Lt. Andra and of course Shezar one day too! Please return when you can.

For me, seeing any, or all of your sketches make it into plastic form would breathe new exciting life in MOTUC. VYPOR!!! Thanks for sharing all the great art, and I'll eagerly await the day when you can finish the others.
    "..."

That SHARELLA art looks fantastic!! I would love to see her as a Classic or a 5.5 figure.
    Odd Man Out

Love it Axel, exactly what i thought she would have looked like. glad you ditched the tiara that the other artist put on her, no need for that.I have loved this thread from the start and your art has been some of the most exciting work in the continuation of this story. I look forward to seeing your snarll the snow thief and sloboar designs with great impatience, but will relish them when they come out. I wanted to ask you ever consider tackling some of the designs that have only been mentioned, but never really been tackled visually, characters like Ka, or Tufos, the twin daughters of adora and seahawk, or the biggest baddy of the horde, the Horde Lord (creator of the Horde empire and father of horde prime and hordak)? Thanks for al you have done bud!

"Good journey" Masters!

I really want a figure of her! Love your take on her!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Love the more "savage" figures (like Vikor and He-Ra, to name a few). So this is an awesome add.

Could someone help me though, what's the story behind this character? For some reason, I thought Sharella was the Green Goddess.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Arek Brimstone View Post
    Love the more "savage" figures (like Vikor and He-Ra, to name a few). So this is an awesome add.

Could someone help me though, what's the story behind this character? For some reason, I thought Sharella was the Green Goddess.

Thanks!
    She is.
    I have finally returned from Despondos.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...psa697c4d9.png

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by Arek Brimstone View Post
    Sharella is referenced in the 1987 Mattel style guide. He-Ro was "reared under the tutelage of his mentor Eldor and the tribal chieftess Sharella."

Subsequently, fans began to speculate that the archer on Megator's box art was meant to be Sharella. While this theory was based on speculation, that image of the archer was adopted by many fans as the look for Sharella. As you can see, Axel really captured this perfectly!

Classics did indeed make Sharella the pre-transformation form of the green Goddess. Prior to Classics, those two characters were unconnected.
    As seen in MOTUC minicomic #8, Sharella became the Goddess after a blood transfusion from Moss Man was performed to save her life when she was shot with Quick Flick's poison arrow. The artist of the minicomic deviated from Axel's layouts, however, and added a tiara and Battleground Teela's bracers, plus a sword instead of a bow.

Last edited by Penny Dreadful; June 25, 2018 at 09:47pm.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Danielle dropping the actual facts.

Here's a close-up of He-Ro's bio text from 1987 Style Guide

close-up_hero_scrollsofeternia.jpg
    Last edited by Jukka; June 26, 2018 at 03:19am.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan and contributor to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

ˇ ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!