Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Axel Giménez's official designs and sketches for MOTU Classics

Quote Originally Posted by DrumMaster View Post
    Regarding Fangor, when I first saw the official reveal, I wonder if the small tools may be attached somewhere (in the belt logically).
    Now I see that the original design includes this feature, I Wonder why it has not been implemented on the final figure. Was it blocking the articulations ? ...

---------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe they could attach on the back of the belt
    Or maybe if Fangor is the Snake Men MAA, perhaps the weapons/tools and the snake-bat as well clip onto the back of the armor, in the same way MAA's weapons do?
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

My hope is that there are clips on his back like MAA, and one of them can serve to hold the snakebat's tail so you can get the illusion of him flying over Fangor's shoulder.

I think he is more of the weaponsmith, like Spikor for the Snakemen, Snake MAA is more the tech guy building machines like Golden Rod or reprogramming Blast Attack, or building things like the rattlet trap
    rattle trap.jpg

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    I think he is more of the weaponsmith, like Spikor for the Snakemen, Snake MAA is more the tech guy building machines like Golden Rod or reprogramming Blast Attack, or building things like the rattlet trap
    rattle trap.jpg
    This vehicle is so awesomely cool (well, all three of the unproduced vehicles featured in that magazine are pretty cool, but this one especially so). Plus it's basically the only Snake Men "vehicle" we know of so far (Hiss's mount Tyrantisaur notwithstanding).

Too bad there's basically zero chance for it to ever get made (even considering that, except for the head and tail, it consists of the same repeating segment, so the amount of tooling would be significantly reduced with regards to its total size).
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Congratulations on Fangor getting a figure, Axel! So awesome! I loved all the new reveals, but I'd say Fangor was my favorite of the bunch.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Evil Master of Mechanisms HordeMonkey's Avatar
    Auckland, New Zealand (formerly South Africa)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    My hope is that there are clips on his back like MAA, and one of them can serve to hold the snakebat's tail so you can get the illusion of him flying over Fangor's shoulder.
    Great idea, man! I'd love this! Can't wait to see turnarounds.
    Evil Simian Mechanic of the Horde!

This was the .org thread for the action features... Love the artwork! Simply awesome stuff.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...action+feature

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by AXOR View Post
    Well Masters, this time I want to share with all of you, something of my happiness for having achieved one more milestone in my personal history with Masters of the Universe. Since 2013, I have had the chance to work on many projects of Masters of the Universe, and this week, I could see that one of the characters I designed at the time, is finally a figure sculpted with the usual exquisite quality by Four Horsemen.

As many know, Fangor is one of the new characters created by Scott Neitlich and introduced in the minicomics of the Classics line, and that like several of these characters, appeared almost imperceptibly in them, as can be seen in one of the attached images . That's why at the time, starting just with those tiny pictures as a reference, Scott trusted in me to make a complete design of some of those new characters.

The guidelines would be the usual... Reuse parts of figures already made, and total freedom to make my contributions, but keeping in mind in this case, that Fangor would be some kind of Man-At-Arms of the Snake Men.

Attachment 111422Attachment 111423Attachment 111424
    I'm so rude, I haven't congratulated you on Fang-Or yet! Congrats man, and this thread is fantastic.

Also, if you're watching Super7 Bods, I fully agree, Lady Slither please.

It's great to keep sharing sketches and designs that I did at the time (and also recently)

This time will be one of the villains from the bible of He-Ro Son of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, the unproduced animated series that Lou Scheimer pitched to DIC Entertainment in 1996.

He-Ro Son of He-Man - Villains.jpg

As many know, almost all the villains shown or described in that bible, were introduced in the minicomic #7 of Classics line, but for some reason, one of them was left out. It was BUG-EYE.
    Although he wasn't on the list of the "new" Evil Warriors described by the script of the minicomic, I got to do a quick, tiny and very rough sketch, with a possible concept for him, but given the rush with which we had to work on those minicomics, I guess I didn't even think to suggest his inclusion in the story.

Bug-Eye Early Sketch.jpg

Now, after seing over these years, the interest of some fans to know what would have been his appearance if he had appeared in the new Classics stories, I decided to take a moment to work at last on his final design, staying true to the concept that I had visualized at the time.

Bug-Eye Final Design.jpg

... And while I was working on defining the original sketch, I had some vague ideas about some new accessory for Bug-Eye, but I couldn't think of anything interesting. Then, following the classic reuse method of MOTU, came to mind the accessory that I think fits perfectly to Bug-Eye, perhaps even more than its original owner. The insectoid crossbow from Tung Lashor.

Bug-Eye with Accesory Final Design.jpg
    Last edited by AXOR; May 18, 2017 at 07:47pm.

Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Hey looks great!
    VBulletin Total Ignore provides improved ignore functionality and removes quoted messages and any post made by an ignored user in a thread.

Information on how to download: https://greasyfork.org/en

The user script itself: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/91...n-total-ignore

Yes Axel he looks awesome, This is what I'm talking about, fleshing out these characters is the most exciting part of the continuation of the line. Thanks for taking the time out to finish up your sketch. Any ideas for accessories on this guy?

Bug-Eye with Modulok parts! great idea, he looks great!!

Alright! Bug-Eye finally gets his due! The Modulok parts look really good on him (I assume they would be non-removable). I really enjoyed Mantenna having four legs as it kind of broke up the symmetry of the various characters, so I'd be more than happy to have a multi-legged Bug-Eye on my shelf. Super 7? You guys listening?

Facet commented on accessories. If I may make a suggestion, how about a shield made out of a beetle shell, and a spear or polearm of some sort that has design elements from a stickbug. Keep the bug theme going.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinobot View Post
    Alright! Bug-Eye finally gets his due! The Modulok parts look really good on him (I assume they would be non-removable). I really enjoyed Mantenna having four legs as it kind of broke up the symmetry of the various characters, so I'd be more than happy to have a multi-legged Bug-Eye on my shelf. Super 7? You guys listening?

Facet commented on accessories. If I may make a suggestion, how about a shield made out of a beetle shell, and a spear or polearm of some sort that has design elements from a stickbug. Keep the bug theme going.
    I love the weapons ideas.

Yes Axel he looks awesome, This is what I'm talking about, fleshing out these characters is the most exciting part of the continuation of the line. Thanks for taking the time out to finish up your sketch. Any ideas for accessories on this guy?
    Well my friend, I think the last update of my post, answers your question about the accessory

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dinobot View Post

Hmmm, I think if we want to keep its price as a regular figure, and not like Modulok, we should cut costs on his accessory

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Awesome! That is SO cool!
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

So awesome, love the idea of a dragonfly crossbow, its perfect for him. Axel i wanted to ask what color scheme were you thinking for him, theres so many ways he could go honestly?

So awesome, love the idea of a dragonfly crossbow, its perfect for him. Axel i wanted to ask what color scheme were you thinking for him, theres so many ways he could go honestly?
    The first option that came to my mind was green, like a mantis, and also like some of the arms and legs that came with that weird and incomplete version of Modulok that Top Toys gave us at the time.

Heroic Warrior
    I had a dark purple in my head to make him stand out a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by AXOR View Post
    The first option that came to my mind was green, like a mantis, and also like some of the arms and legs that came with that weird and incomplete version of Modulok that Top Toys gave us at the time.
    Well, now i gotta buy another Modulak to try and make a custom of him, thanks Axel, love the insight into all these characters. Keep them coming!

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Great Bug-Eye pictures. I love the way you mixed the SOH bible concept with Modulok's parts! Very clever!
    10 Most needed items for MOTUC...

Heroic: King Miro / Prince Dakon
    Evil: Skeleteen
    POP: King Micah / Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Hunga the Harpy
    POG: Oracle
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Sebrian / Sagitar

Bug-Eye looks great!!! And I like the idea of green as the main color (maybe accents in orange?). I very much hope they will consider making him and the rest of the new Evil Warriors.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Bug-Eye looks great!!! And I like the idea of green as the main color (maybe accents in orange?). I very much hope they will consider making him and the rest of the new Evil Warriors.
    Yes, my idea would be to use a shade of green that resembles a praying mantis. And if you ask me, I would keep the option of having its parts interchangeable as in Modulok, and thus have the option of mixing parts between the different characters with that feature. That way, and with that colors, those who are interested in making the Modulok version from Top Toys, although it wouldn't be completely accurate, could do something close

Top Toys Modulok.jpg
    Last edited by AXOR; May 18, 2017 at 07:50pm.

Heroic Warrior
    That is awesome and so good to see the reuse of Modulok parts!
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    That is awesome and so good to see the reuse of Modulok parts!
    Thanks, and yeah, Modulok's parts are excellent for reuse in a insectoid character